main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Torturer's Guild

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by greencat336, Aug 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The purpose of this thread is to bring together all those that spend their free time tormenting Jedi. New torture ideas can be shared, plots against the Jedi discussed, and encouragement offered.

I am for example looking for something new to do to Obi-Wan. I've used pliers on his hands, electricity, whips (of course), and fire. Any ideas?

Remember the motto of the Jedi Torturer's Guild: We are sick and twisted puppies.

2. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Jedi-Abusers is an egroup about this subject. I recommend you join us. :D

Jedi torture is fun. I think maybe becuase it shows how strong the character is that he/she came out of it alright in the end.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I torture Jedi and anyone else I can think of, not to mention my readers who love my characters and think I'm a twisted child for making them suffer.

4. Lady_Segra

Lady_Segra Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2001
    I've had a Cerasi story :D

5. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Me personally, I am always slamming my charector against flat hard objects! :D

Or you could always try hanging him and having cut down before he dies! :D

6. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I threw a Jedi off a speeder bike and into a tree. Does that count?

7. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Are we talking about physical, or mental/emotional torture, or both?

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, both, definitely both. It's not fun the other way. You have to have something that makes them so completely emotionally exhausted that they will wish for death, but you will not grant it to them.

9. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Jedi torture? What is that? ;)

Actually, I guess I can count myself in. Let me see... Turning certain Padawan into a dark Jedi, making him think his Master had been killed then he is captured by his Master's dark student, then a dagger in the back for another certain Jedi after he has been stabbed through with his own lightsaber, etc...

10. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    I knew I'd find you here, Ishy!

11. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    OK, none of my fan fics are done(or posted ;)) yet, but so far I'm definately more into the mental/emotional torture. In the course of one story, my main character looses her homeworld(she's Alderaanian), her fiance, and at least two mentors/friends. There is a little bit of physical abuse too(she gets thrown against the door of her ship and knocked out, and decked with a hydrospanner) but it's really not the focus of the story.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ooh, that sounds good. Where can I find it?

My personal favorite story of mine--Though Deepening Trials--is about the ORJO through the Purges. In the course of 175 pages, Ana Llyr loses her mother, father, best friend, Master, three daughters, one son, her husband, her former Padawan, her husband's Padawan, her mentor, and the entire Jedi Order. Not to mention she's from Alderaan, has herself stripped of her powers at the end, is captured by the Sith twice, has three Sith assassins nearly succeed in killing her...and she survives until at least after Endor.

Right now, in The Other Half, I'm doing a lot of jedi torture, mostly to Luke and Leia, well mostly to Leia. After being captured and beaten and having her hair shaved off, she finds out Darth Vader's her father, gets put on trial for her war crimes, nearly gets killed by a bomb, has an assassination attempt on her by Mara Jade, has the Emperor Force-lightning her into shutting up, sentenced to death for those war crimes and on the way to the execution, they escape, but Luke decides to turn himself in to the Emperor to save her.

Then part 2. Luke turns fully to the Dark Side and Leia has to put up with Yoda's training while running from base to base because the new Sith Lord knows all of the potential bases for the Rebellion. She faces him at a meeting on Ketaris and at first he is just completely antagonistic, but then the Emperor nudges him a little further and he nearly decapitates her. After fleeing Hoth, she meets him again on Bespin, where he does some nasty lightsaber work to her and she in retaliation cuts off his hand. He swears then that he'll kill her the next time they meet. Since she's fallen in love with Han for legitimate reasons, they get married, but he goes on a mission and is captured by none other than...you guessed it, Luke. So he's being tortured and Leia, because they're bonded, can feel everything. Meanwhile, it turns out she's pregnant.

Don't get me started on part 3 because the explanation will be longer than the entire story.

13. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Where can you find what, DarthIshtar? If you meant my story, then the only places it can be found are my writing notebook and my computer's word processor ;)It's not finished yet, but I will post it when it's done :)

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Although physical torture is always fun, I think emotional/psycological torture is much nastier.

I would like to submit for your consideration a story of mine posted on TFN that I think is a good example of psycological torture. Skirmish in an Ancient War

My favorite ongoing story, though, that is full of Obi-Torture, Qui-Angst, and lots of lovely mush, is Jodiwent's Luminous Beings

I am thinking of writting a story that is really just some Obi-torture with a little plot at both ends. Would that be too twisted? So far the only ending I've come up with is a bit trite.

My plot is that old enemies of Qui kidnap 16 year old Obi, thinking its easier to grab a padawan than a master. They take Obi far out of range of being able to contact Qui over their bond and send a holo of Obi-Torture to Qui and demand that he trade himself for Obi or they will kill Obi. They also tell him if he lets anyone else know what's going on, they will kill Obi. Qui telepathicly contacts Yoda along their old training bond to let him know what is going on and to request that the Jedi follow them discretely to where Obi is being held.

This is where I'm getting stuck. I'd like to have the kidnappers tell Qui, after they have him, they lied about giving back Obi, then have a couple of more scenes of Obi and Qui torture and angst. But how do I rescue them? How can I logically, believablly have Yoda and Mace find them because I will have already established that they are out of range telepathically. Would it be to deus ex machina to have Yoda and Mace be able to trace Yoda's bond with Qui and find them? Would the justification that Yoda is more powerful than Qui be acceptable to justify it?

Or can some one else think of a better ending? I'm open to suggestions, criticism, and feedback!

Thanks.

15. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Nice plot bunny, greencat :) Perhaps Qui-Gon could leave a Force trail for Mace and Yoda. You know, imprint his presence strongly in an area, and perhaps give some indication of where he's headed next. To my mind, the really nice thing about this is that it doesn't necessarily have to be done intentionally. If Qui-Gon was upset enough over Obi-Wan's kidnapping, then he might "leak" all over the place and not realize it. Surely someone who knows him as well and as Yoda would have little trouble following such a trail.

16. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    In a goofy AU I'm writing, I wrote this one part...

Obi-Wan kept walking, he paused and pulled a wanted poster from the wall. "Cute."He said in an annoyed tone. The poster plainly read:

WANTED
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Wanted dead, minced,
    deep fried, ground,
    shot, electrocuted,
    breaded, squewered,
    boiled, shreaded,
    smashed, served with
    coleslaw or salad,
    half dead or grilled.

;)

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    LOL :D Great wanted poster!

By the way, any suggestions for a name for the fic I described a couple of posts back? I haven't been able to think of anything I like.

Thanks for the help!

::::::Greencat starts searching for Obi. The wanted poster now a checklist:::::::

18. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I killed my Jedi's fiance, had him bury her, and then resurrected her as a Yuuzhan Vong slave, then had him rescue her, only to find she was infected by a Yuuzhan Vong disease for which the New Republic doctors can't find a cure.

I think he's gonna turn to the Dark Side...thoughts?

19. Hutt-Lordess

Hutt-Lordess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2000
    Hmmm, I don't think I've ever posted my jedi-abuse (or torture, as yer callin' it here on the JC) 'tool' prefrence anywhere yet...
    and I'd have t' say it's barbed wire. :D ::EG::
    The first <i>intense</i> Jedi Abuse (again, or torture) fic I read used barbed wire (and nails... and razors... and sharp pointy things in general.) and it's remained my fav JA (or J<i>T</i>) tool since. (The fic's still one of my favs as well.)

huttgirl
    (who will not plug her list. I <i>will not</i> plug my list. I won't. Nope. Not gonna happen. I won't mention the Jedi-Abusers in any way, shape, form, or sound.)

(D'OH.)

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Barbed Wire? I'm dying of curiousity! How about posting it on the fanfic boards? Or if you have posted it somewhere else, what's the address?

Oh as a FYI use [ ] not < > for your codes :)

21. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ah yes... Jedi Torture. I only torture one Jedi... Our main man... OBI-WAN KENOBI! Yehah! Anyways, in my first fic, Obi gets shot with a nail gun and whipped w/ a whip that has barbs containing poison... Ouch!

Click the link in my siggy to read my story! :D

22. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Kenobisgirl- if you don't post on the link...

I have bled Obi-Wan within a heartbeat of his life. Does that count? :D

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    That deep frying that was mentioned in the wanted poster gave me a lovely idea. How does boiling oil being slowly poured on Obi-Wan sound? (hiss, crackle, etc) No, seriously . . .

Still trying to come up with a title for the Obi-Torture fic I mentioned above. Come on you clever folks, I have't come up with anything better than "Bait" or "Vengence" and I think they sound a little weak. I'm almost to the point that I'm going to go with "Untitled Obi-Toture" !

24. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Untitled Obi-Torture sounds fine, greencat, and if you write it, I'll read it. ;)

I have yet to do any Obi-Torture myself (though my sis, SiriGallia, does some), but I have tortured Siri and Adi (see siggy link below for 'The Healer') and two of my own Jedi (see siggy link below for 'Family Snapshots'). Oh yes, I also tortured another of my characters and my padawan. (not MY padawan, but, well, you know what I mean...)

None of it was really serious (beaten with a rusty pipe, pounded by nasty padawans, shot in the knee, nearly snuffed by a virus, feelings of rejection, depression, near drowning (twice), etc.), but I suppose it counts. :)

Anywhoo, I'm not very good at writing it, so I generally stick with reading other people's. (if you were wondering, greencat, that's a hint for you to either start writing the fic you mentioned, or else start damaging Obi on A Sigh is Just a Sigh) :D

See y'all around the torture chambers! [face_devil]

Sarah >^,,^<

25. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    What do you think of "Old Vengence" for a title, greencat? I apologize if that seems really lame. Titles usually are seldom my strong suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.