main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Trials - A Welsh Fan-Film

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Go read about my new project in the thread below this one before I feel unpopular, guys :p

2. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Oops, double post.

3. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Boba Fett? I think you have the wrong script...

And this movie is taking place in the Prequel era, either before or after AOTC.

Hope this clears things up a bit :)

4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Exiled_Padawan: Welcome to the Welsh posting forum dude. Just one thing, where does Boba Fett pop up in our stories?? I think you must have us confused with 2 other highly regarded, intelligent, visionary and exciting film makers. It happens.
    So whats your story? Where are you from? What do you do?

Fall-On-Jin: Good news on the prop building. Don't you just love going through all your old junk and finding something that is perfect for what you need. Makes all those old episodes of the A-Team seem not quite as silly as they should. Though to the best of my knowledge, BA and Hannibal never beat up Columbian drug lords using lightsabers. But thinking about it.........

I PITTY THE FOOL WHO MESSES WITH MY JEDI ACTION, I PITTY THE FOOL!

Wow, could you imagine BA's lightsaber! I bet it would be made out of solid gold and weigh about half a ton....

Anyway, i'm getting off topic here. Yes I do still have your address and i'll send it out to you as soon as I can (prob this weekend). So prepare to laugh yourself silly, or laugh because your silly. Depends on your taste really. By the way, i'm thinking of adding a directors (and actors) commentary to the video (have the film on there twice, one without comm. and one with).

Terra: How could you start a new thread? I feel vialated, and not in a good way. I don't know, my back is turned for 5 mins and someone goes and sets up a new thread. How could you do this man?
    But if you ever need someone to do some voices for you? I do an excellent Watto and Otto (The Simpsons). They both sound very alike now that I think of it??
    Wotto - Otto ???

Hmmmmmm, I think this deserves more investigation.

5. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I...I'm so ashamed :(

6. exiled_padawan

exiled_padawan Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    sorry man got it mixed up with one of ure ideas for a film not the actuall film

welshguy im welsh an i know fallonjin from school

keep it up i wanna see the finished copy

7. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, Perhaps its time a Website is in order, but first i think another meetup is definatlely due. How about it Welshguy?

I think now that we have a few more people invovled, it would be a good time to discuss things on a larger scale, and one that would get instant replies.

So... whos interested? And would anyone like to suggest a date/time/place?

I personally think cardiff is one of the best places, as its easily accessable to most people.

If you are interested, PM either me or Welshguy With some sort of contact details (mobie number would be perfect) and a picture would be cool too.

(anything past may 16th is a big difficult, because me and exiled_padawan have our GCSEs soon.)

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm cool whenever.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    A meetup eh? That sounds do-able. I agree with Fall-on-Jin on the Cardiff thing and think we should stick to Starbucks, as it seemed a decent environment to sit, talk and not spend much money. Just one thing, we must get a couch at all costs. Even if it means that some of us may not be going home. We have to think of the greater good here people.

So after the 16th could be a bit of a problem, then may I be so bold as to suggest Saturday 10th May, 1.00pm? Its a little short notice I know, but its in 2 weekends time so everyone who wants to attend should be able to sort something out by then. That reminds me. Attendence! Our last meet-up produced only 2 people, and whilst a fantastic conversation was had and many important decissions were made, it would be nice to have a few more people to add some input this time round. Does anyone know how to take minutes by the way?

So I guess what i'm trying to say is, hands up everyone who wants to come.

As an added bonus (if you can call it that) I shall give a free* copy of Relationship Therapy to all attendes. So I guess you have to come now, how could you say no??

So who's with Fall-on-Jin and me?

Fall-on-Jin: Great idea about the website. I got some pics we could stick up and I could write all the info on the project no probs. The only prob is that I don't actually know how to make a web-site, so is there any chance you or a friend who owes you a favour could help out on that one?

* Mr Welshguy retains the right to call up the debt of one billion dollors at any given time in the future. Is said sum cannot be paid upon demand, Mr Welshguy is entitled to yur earthly soul and right eye ball.

10. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    r0x0r, free stuff!
    (I never read the small print!)

11. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey dude, nice to hear from you. Well, i think this time round, we should have some sort of way of contacting one another. Oh yea, may the 10th seems ok to me, anyone else?

As for the website, i think i would like to have a go at that, although a few lessons in HTML scripting and such would be useful. So yea, If you can type up a few things like Bios of each character and any other info you would want on the site, just put them into word documents and i will post them up when the sites done. Ps. do you think we should have a slogan for our movie?

heres a few i thought of:

Every Trial has its difficulties...

well..... theres ONE i can think of :p, but we could work on that later in production

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN JOINING THE MEETUP PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO ONE OF THESE ADDRESSES, INCLUDING A MOBILE NUMBER AND PREFERABLY A RECENT PICTURE OF YOURSELF. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BRING A FRIEND WHO IS WILLING TO HELP, FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

P_J_Fallon@hotmail.com
    Wg_mullins@hotmail.com

I think that should do it.

Oh yea, just to think heres alist of the things we need:

12. Extras with costumes

13. Microphone (good qual, i may ask my dad about that one)

14. CG guy (we dont really need model makers, we need someone who can animate existing ones, although if you can it would be great :D)

15. I think thats it for now, unless anyone can think of anything else?

16. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I know a professional web designer and hoster if that's helpful. Too drunk to think :)

17. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Web designer eh? Most impressive...

So Terra, i see you are interested in attending the meeting. Well, send either me or Welshguy here an email with the details (pic if u can and mob number), and then we'll go from there.

18. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll probably be with the missus, so probably won't be there :)

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fall-on-Jin: Hey dude. Hows things? I don't know about you, but so far I havn't gotten any enquires regarding the meet-up. This leaves us with the question of if the meet-up should go ahead if its just me and you again. Not that I don't think we won't have alot to talk about, its just that the whole purpose of this meet-up was to get more people involved. But if your still up for it then I say it should go ahead.
    I'll get working on the stuff for the web-site soon and hopefully I should get all the written info to you by Saturday. Maybe I could bring it down and show it to you in Starbucks?
    On a side note, i'm all set to post of my movie for the AtomFilms comp, with just one change. I emailed the rules department asking them if I could use the "Imperial March" ringtone in my movie, but they won't let me. So I had to take that ringtone out and put in a standard one for the scene where Anakin answers his mobile. It would have been a nice little in joke, but if its going to be against the rules to use it then I suppose I can live wihtout it.

So does anyone want to come to the meet-up on Saturday??

Anyone?

20. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Well dude, doesnt look like theres going to be more than 2 people this time,

HOWEVER THERE IS STILL TIME

(lol bold is good at attracting peoples attention)
    Anyways, there are still more issues that need to be discussed. Hopefully i will be able to bring some things down (props and such, more designs, revised script etc.)

either way, should be cool.

21. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Where is the meet-up?

22. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    ODJ - The meeting is at the Starbucks closest to the entrance of Virgin Megastores in cardiff, 1pm. (bloody hell, thats a mouthful of a sentence) Last time me and Wayne(aka Welshguy) met outside the Virgin megastores, then went down to Starbucks.

If your thinking of me coming along, a picture of me is in my profile (although i dont have hair like that anymore, ive let it grow a bit and its bit more brown) Chances are i will be wearing some sort of hat over it (like a bobble hat without a rim or bobble - its called a 'Beanie', skaters wear them)

Welshguy - Hopefully I will be able to bring some props along, depending if I can get some made.

On another Note: Hair. One minor detail that could make or break the belivability of our movie. If i dont cut my hair (which i plan on growning anyway) i should have something that should resemble Obi-Wan from ep 2. However, i dont mind having a padawan cut as a last resort. Thats another thing, perhaps we shoudl invest in som cheap Jedi braids or something, as they are meant to have them.

23. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, the meetup had to be postponed, for reasons beyond our control.

Welshguy - How about same time next week? That would give me the opportunity for me to bring along my lightsaber prop :D (one more trip to B&Q and im done :D)

Its a pretty simplistic design, nothing much like any of the drawings due to lack of resources, but still pretty cool ( i plan on adding the spiked bits at the end of the saber later).

If your interested i have about 1.5-2 feet of metal pipe, which after a bit of cleaning would be an ideal base for the lightsaber.

Its quite an easy design, consisting of only a few pieces, which include: A cut piece of PVC piping, a metal pipe, and a radiator Ajuster nozzle painted black for the end. As for the Grip, i plan on using several rubber washers glued to the pipe. I just need to think of a few things such as buttons, and a way of clipping it to a belt, and bobs your uncle!

I'll post pics once its finished, i dont know about the rest of you but i hate seeing things like this incomplete.

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fall-on-Jin: Hey dude. Big sorry for Saturday. I had this terrible feeling that you had forgotten to turn your mobile on and had been waiting for me outside Virgin all day. I half expected a "Where the hell were you" type message when I next logged on.
    But you will be pleased to know that my sis's BF has Tonsillitis, so its not all bad news. I would be very grateful if you could bring that metal pipe to Cardiff, but I have to wonder just how long you could walk around with something like that and not get pulled by the fuzz.
    Can't wait to see the lightsaber though, should be very impressive. Here's an idea. What if we combine the meetup as a chance to talk about the project and a location scouting trip. Providing the weather is ok, we could take a short trip to Merthyr dunes and check it out. I think that needs to be the next step in the pre production. But i'll understand if you would rather just hang out and chat, however the chance to actually be in the filming environment could give us new and exciting ideas that we wouldn't consider otherwise.
    Get back to me on that one dude.

PS. Do you ever get the feeling that we're the only ones here?? What ever happened to Tantiv?

25. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll bring my sabre handle if I ever get unwhipped long enough to come along :)

26. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    I'll come to a meeting

if you pay for my train fair

and a lap top to give me somthing to do.

and buy me lunch

and pay my hooker...

ask Welshguy he knows who i am

im a film producer damn it!

27. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Welshguy - Dont worry about the meetup thing, as luck (if you would call it that) would have it, i wasnt able to go either due to lack of funds.

Dont worry about the metal pipe, i plan on taking a bag this time anyway, as i might (fingers crossed, here goes nothing, etc.) have a blaster prop made by then (if i can find a stack of toy/fake cheap guns that will make convincing handles.) and i will also be able to bring my friend along, as he wasnt free yesterday.

About the scouting trip. It sounds like a cool idea, although i dont think i will be allowed to go until my parents fully trust you (i know this sounds bad, and its nothing personal, but my mum does worry about me) Im sure she will change her mind if me and my friend go, both giving positive feedback like the last time.

On another note, here is some interesting information. The name of our prodiction company used for the film (Red 5 Productions) is unique! I searched for it on google, and even asked fellow fanfilm makers about it, to which they replied with "nope, that doesnt exist". Also, i have found some positive comments from the 501st Garrison, although we would have to give them more info if we wanted active participation.

Also, it appears that Tantiv has gone to that eerie place that people dissapear to, like anakins arm from AOTC for example.

28. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Narnia?

29. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Yea thats the place. bit of a bugger isnt it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.