Characters The Jedi Way - Jedi Discussion Thread - Jedi and the Force in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The_Jedi_Index, Feb 10, 2008.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Robes are nice on a cold or hostile planet and should be quite useful for Jedi protecting them from the elements, for sleeping and more.

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/globule1obiwan.jpg]

2. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I guess because robes blend in, as mentioned above. Or they are cheap to make and the Jedi aren't rolling in funds.

But that doesn't explain all the skimpy dressed Jedi females.
  3. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I kind of like that explanation.

DON'T care for the Ahsoka in bondage idea. :rolleyes: Geeez, her outfit is impractical enough already. Lady Gaga wouldn't be caught dead in that.

Jedi obviously make allowances for culture and simple anatomy in their very loose dress code. I suppose that could account for the variations. Even the skimpy ones. But I don't think that cost has anything to do with the robes -- as plain as they are Jedi robes are still made out of that miracle GFFA fabric that goes from sopping wet to perfectly dry in less than two minutes.

4. Darthbane2007 Force Ghost

star 4
    I assume that most Jedi seem to dress the same as their culture...
  5. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, Jedi are culturally sensitive. There are also probably physical reason for some species to wear or not wear some things. But I'm sure that even Aayla Secura has a robe.

Yes! Finished that ATOC Anakin style robe for CV! looks nice in a lighter color. Aaaaaah, I do like my Jedi robes. :)

6. Darthbane2007 Force Ghost

star 4
    One thing I do wonder is why do Jedi wear their robes/clothing all the time? Why not wear something that's a little more functional?
  7. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I suppose their clothes are traditional, though they can vary a bit.

The style of Jedi clothes is fairly practical. Sturdy, plain fabric. Loose fit that allows for a full range of motion. Solid boots and accessories. The robes are probably meant to allow for Jedi to blend in a crowd in a one-size-fits-all kind of way.

I also assume that Jedi clothes are made out of miracle GFFA fabric that is comfortable in all temperatures and goes from soaking wet to completely dry in less than 2 minutes. Like Luke, Leia and Han's clothes right after they got out of the trash compactor on the Death Star.

8. Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Master

star 4
    Like in Back to the Future!

Computerised Voice in Jacket: (v.o) Drying mode on. Jacket drying.

There's a beep.

Computerised Voice in Jacket: (v.o) Your jacket is now dry.
  9. The_Jedi_Index Jedi Padawan

Well, this seems like a good time to bring this up......

The Clone Wars cartoon is running a very Jedi-centric 3-part episode about balance in the Force, Anakin and the Chosen One prophecy. Any opinions?

So far the highlight for me is Liam Neeson doing a cameo voice as a Qui-Gon vision for Obi-Wan. :D
  10. matt0812 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Could someone tell me what punishment was like, say a Jedi made a careless move or something.
  11. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't recall punishment ever being mentioned in the Saga or the Clone Wars cartoons. Don't know much about most of the EU books. Punishment isn't really mentioned in the Jedi Apprentice books.

I seriously doubt that Jedi 'punish' in any conventional sense. I would expect that any action taken would be completely aimed at encouraging the perpetrator from doing whatever they did again. There would be a lot of talking and support from other Jedi and perhaps some significant deeds to do.

In ROTS, Obi-Wan tells Anakin that he has failed him. I am sure that is part of Jedi ways, that if a padawan screws up, the master is considered to have failed as well.
  12. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    What about when Obi-Wan warns Anakin that he will be expelled from the Jedi Order if he allowed his feelings for Padme to interfere with their objective in capturing Count Dooku? That scene from AOTC at the very end after Padme fell off the ship while the persude the count.

That tends to let me think that there is some form of punishment. I don't know what being expelled from the order details.
  13. matt0812 Jedi Knight

star 1
    well in short, I'm writing a novel about a Jedi Sentinel that was careless and caused the death of two people. The council decides to assign him to a mission on Tatooine, where due to his regret from the previous mission and the experiance on Tatooine, he begins to border on the Dark Jedi path. Wasn't sure if that kind of story would be of interest with anyone.
  14. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    That sounds like a reasonable and believable Star Wars scenario.
  15. Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus

star 4
    sounds interesting matt0812.
  16. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I don't recall any text that shows a definite list of prescribed punishments for certain things. I imagine they have a list of no-no's, and if what you did falls in a certain category the Council decides what to do about you. I'm guessing it works a lot like Supreme Court decisions on precedent--if people were expelled for x, y, or z in the past, you will be too, even if it isn't written down somewhere.

That's why they have Yoda. :)
  17. matt0812 Jedi Knight

star 1
    thanks for the support everyone, I'm not sure what the best era would be to put it in. I was thinking old republic, but I'm a little inexperianced with that era. or mabye about 20 years before the saga, but then I'm not sure if I would be stepping on feet making a dark jedi so close to those events.
  18. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    The earlier in time you go, the more freedom you have, I think. If you have a dark Jedi too close to the Saga era, it might look a little similar to the Saga.
  19. The_Jedi_Index Jedi Padawan

The new season of 'The Clone Wars' will start up again next week, so I though I'd bring up my earlier question. Has any of the new Jedi stuff in The Clone Wars cartoon affected how you see the Jedi and the Force?

They've had quite a lot of 'Force visions' in the last season, between light an dark -- Including a welcome flashback with Qui=Gon (and Liam Neeson's voice :) ). I do wonder if the Jedi weren't out (unintentionally) fighting the Sith's war, if they would prefer to be a bit more contemplative.

20. The_Jedi_Index Jedi Padawan

With the move upon us ..... hmmmmm where have heard that before?[face_whistling];) .... it seems to be a good idea to bump this.

And with TPM 3D upon us as well, it seems a good time to point out that this is the movie where we all found out just how cool Jedi are. :cool:
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade