main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jewel Of Ekoca (JA) (AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Title: The Jewel of Ekoca (JA) (AU)
    Author: Jedi Obi-Wan
    Timeframe: JA, Obi-Wan is 19
    Rating: PG-13
    Short Summary: Obi-Wan rescues a young girl from the harem
    Disclaimer: All recognizable Star Wars characters belong to George Lucas.
    Archive: Ask first, please

The planet Ekoca came lit up the view screen on the small republic ship. It was a beautiful crystal blue on one side, yet the other side was a dull brown from all the sand. No one knew why Ekoca was half desert and half water, but its inhabitants were very proud of their planet.

Obi-Wan Kenobi landed the transport smoothly on the Ekocian space port in it's capital city, Rahara. He was on a mission to pick up some important documents from the planet's ruler, Ali. Ali was a man of suspicious nature, and he refused to send certain documents to the Senate by ordinary means until his planet officially became part of the republic. Thus, until then the Jedi were forced to indulge him.

Though Ekoca wasn't a large planet, it was the only planet where Jemor, a highly valuable mineral, could be mined. It's wealth would help the Republic tremendously. Ekoca would have been a member of the republic long ago if it would have given up some of its ancient ways.

Obi-Wan nearly sighed as he walked into the palace. Having been to Ekoca many times on missions such as this one, he was always saddened by the way the women of the planet were treated.

It wasn't that they were treated bad, quite the opposite. Ekocian women were treated quite well according to some standards. They lived with every luxury, and most never had to work a day in their life. But the had no respect. Women were trade items to the men. They were to make money, and to make ties between families to make them stronger. They were to be seen and not heard. And never, under any circumstances, were they to show emotion of any kind.

Obi-Wan watched the women walk by like statues while he waited for permission to enter the palace courts. They were scantily dressed, usually only in silk pants where the waistband was just below their navals, and a small piece of cloth that stretched tightly around their chests.

"My Lord," said a palace guard. He opened the door for the Jedi to enter. Reluctantly, he did.

As usual, the courts were brimming with people. Usually they were milling around and talking, but today it was different. The ruler was on his throne, a girl before him. Another man was talking to him.

"My Lord, I will give you top dollar for your daughter, the Jewel. She is the most beautiful girl in Rahara."

Obi-Wan's heart went out to the young girl, who couldn't be more than twelve years of age. She wasn't an Ekocian, but she seemed to be part of their society. Her silvery blue eyes stared straight ahead, and no emotion was shown in them.

"Yes Kadeem, she is beautiful. But she is not yet a woman. What good is she to you?"

"My Lord," Kadeem said, cupping the girl's face in his left hand. "Surely you must agree she is a jewel. Jewels are very rare and hard to snatch up. I would gladly take her with me now, at the full price I would give for her if she was a woman."

The ruler seemed to think it over. "How much?" he asked finally.

"A thousand kieas."

Obi-Wan's eyebrows went to his forehead. He had never seen a woman bought on Ekoca for more than 600 kieas, and that woman had been one of the most beautiful he had ever seen.

"This offer I like," The ruler smiled. "On one condition, Kadeem. You are not to take her into your chambers until she has matured."

"Done."

The ruler rose, and the two bowed to each other as a symbol of agreement. The ruler smiled. "Someday, she will give you many fine sons and many beautiful daughters."

The young girl started to tremble. Tears filled her eyes for an instant, but she blinked them back and composed her features into stone. It was all Obi-Wan could do not to run and rescue her from the man that had just purchased her.

She held her head high as they made arrangments for her to be delivered w

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, you should keep going! This is great!

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh my gosh!!!! This is REALLY good! :D I'm not kidding. I can hardly wait for more, oh please tell me that it's soon. I liked it when Jewel said, "What is foolish and barbaric about freedom?" I don't know, that line, to me, just seemed so defiant, so strong. I like Jewel already. PLEASE post more soon. :D :D :D

4. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Jewel! Save her, Obi! Oh yeah, get hurt in the process! [face_devil]

More soon please! :D

5. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    LoL KenobisGirl! Thank you all for the replies! Here's a shorty, more later today.

*~*~*

Thankful for the first time for being taught how to move without making a sound, Jewel slipped without notice through the back alleys of Rahara. So far she had encountered no one, but she knew it was only a matter of time before her presence was missed. She had to find the Jedi before then.

She had only gotten half way to the main spaceport when she heard the shouts of guards. They knew she was gone.Moving even more carefully, she made sure to stay in the shadows, even in the darkest alleys. The palace guards missed almost nothing.

Jewel started to tremble as the shouts got closer. The entire palace guard must be looking for her. And they wouldn't hesitate to shoot her down if she didn't come willingly. Jewel bit her lip as she ran. She would rather die than go back there. If they caught her, she would simply stand her ground.

If she could.

Jewel hated herself for letting tears come into her eyes while she ran. The thought of dying, or even being shot, terrified her. For an instant, all she wanted was to be safe in the palace. But she shook away the thought and pressed on, even as the sound of the guards drew closer.

She grew frantic as panic swept over her and she ran faster, paying no attention to how much noise she was now making. She heard the guards shout her name to another one. They knew she was there.

Now tears were flowing freely, and she couldn't see where she was going. She tripped over a rock and in an instant found herself rolling across the alleyway.

Pain seared up her leg, and she got up only to fall again. She didn't think she could get up on her own.

She heard someone run up behind her, and she picked up a rock, ready to launch it at the guard. He ran towards her, and she hurled the rock at him and it hit him in the side.

"You've got quite an arm for one so young," he said in an unfamiliar accent. Jewel looked up into the face of the Jedi with relief. Just then blaster fire rang out over her head. The Jedi pinned her to the ground and looked to where it had come from. They had run out of time.

"Can you walk?"

Jewel shook her head. The Jedi scooped her up in his arms, and Jewel hung onto his neck like the frightened child she was. They ran through Rahara's alleys with the guards in pursuit until they came to the a wall. On the other side of that wall was the spaceport.

He sighed. "Listen to me, I'm going to jump. Hold on tight."

"It is twenty feet high at least!" she exclaimed in a loud whisper.

"Trust me," he said in a soothing voice. Jewel tightened her hold on his neck as she felt them run. But just as he started to leap into the air, blaster fire rang out. The Jedi cried out. They landed hard on top of the wall and rolled onto the other side. Jewel landed on top of the Jedi, who was still had a hold on her. He groaned and sat up, examining the wound on his right leg.

"I can't carry you any longer. You must walk."

Jewel nodded, and got up with some effort. The guards had been forced to find another means of getting into the spaceport, so they had some time to get to his ship. Together, they limped to a small red transport. The Jedi opened it, and Jewel scrambled inside. The Jedi picked up a floorboard, revealing a small hideaway.

"In case of emergencies," he said with a grin. Jewel climbed in and settled on the metal floor.

*~*~*

Obi-Wan limped to the cockpit, trying not to fall. He didn't think they had seen his face, so he was going to try to take off without suspicion.

"This is the Red Dragon, requesting permission to take off."

"Permission denied, Dragon. Haven't you heard? One of the ruler's daughters has gone missing."

"I hadn't heard," he said calmly. "But this is the Jedi's ship. I have documents from the ruler to take to Coruscant. I do not think he would be pleased if I was delayed in getting these documents to the Senate."

The comm unit was silent for a moment. "We're searching every ship before they leave," it sai

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    You MUST continue with this! It's SOOO good so far! :D I LOVE it! :)

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    WONDERFUL! :D That was so exciting. I can't wait to read more. :)

8. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow, that was exciting! I just knew Obi would get hurt!!! [face_devil] I'm so happy that Obi saved Jewel!!!!!!

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    ACK! How exciting!!

10. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Thank you all so much for the replies!!!

*~*~*

When they finally entered hyperspace, Obi-Wan felt better. He had escaped without suspicion.

That was reckless. If they had found out it was you the Council would have sent you to back to Bandomeer.

But he didn't regret his decision for an instant. He couldn't have left her there to die. She was only a frightened young girl.

Opening the floor panel, he saw the young girl trembling. He gave her a warm smile and reached out his hand. She took it, and he pulled her up. She sat on the metal floor beside the hold and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Why did you do that?" she asked in a soft voice.

"Because I don't believe you it's right for young girls to be sold."

She nodded and looked away. "Thank you." Obi-Wan then noticed how tightly she hugged her knees to her chest. Dressed quite scampily on a ship with a strange man, it was no wonder she was scared.

"Hey," he said, he reached out to touch her arm. She recoiled. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"I do not know you. I cannot believe your words."

His heart melted at the sound of her timid voice. "What's your name?"

"Jewel."

"I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi," he extended his hand, and she looked at him like he was out of his mind. Realizing that she probably didn't know what a handshake was, he withdrew his hand. She was still shivering. He took off his robe and handed it to her. "This should keep you warm until we can find you some decent clothes."

Fire came into her eyes, and her chin rose. "What is wrong with my clothes?"

Obi-Wan nearly laughed at her change in demeanor. "Jewel," he said with as much kindness as he could muster. "It's not proper on Coruscant to be dressed so scampily. It sends the wrong message."

"The wrong message?" she asked, genuinely confused.

"I don't want anyone to think you are a street walker."

"A what?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "A prostitute."

"Oh. My father had many concubines," she looked into space sadly. Obi-Wan shook his head. One minute she was a terrified child, and the next a princess that could stare you down with one look.

"How old are you, Jewel?"

"Twelve. How old are you?"

Obi-Wan smiled. "Nineteen."

"Where is your wife?"

He laughed. "I'm not married."

"Why not? On my planet, a man gets his first wife when he is eighteen."

He shrugged. "It's a little different on Coruscant."

"But why have you not yet wived?"

"I haven't found a girl I liked yet."

Jewel made a face. "Are the girls on your planet all palos?"

"Palos?"

"Girls who resemble wolves."

He laughed again, thinking of a few of his friends at home. "No, they're not."

She smiled and tried to rise, but winced. Obi-Wan looked at her ankle. It was red and swollen. "Does it hurt much?"

"No," she lied. Obi-Wan saw right through it.

"I have a medical bag in the next room. I'll go get it."

He was back in a matter of minutes with the kit. He sat down on the floor next to her and examined her ankle. "I think it's just a bad twist."

He pulled an ice pack out of the kit and put it on her ankle. She smiled. "You are most kind." She looked at the spot on his leg where blood was coming out and staining his pants. "Are you all right?"

"It's just a flesh wound. The bleeding has stopped for the most part. I'll just clean it and put on some bacta. I'll be fine."

He had played down the injury some so she wouldn't worry, but it wasn't a bad wound compared to some of the others he had sustained over the years.

Jewel pulled Obi-Wan's robe tighter around her. Obi-Wan felt sorry for her. She looked exhausted.

"I have a bed in the next room. Would you like to lay down?"

Her silvery blue eyes were huge. "No! No, I cannot. It is not right."

The young Jedi was confused for only a moment. He sighed when he realized what she thought he meant. "Jewel, you will be alone. I will not harm you."

Jewel searched his gaze, and found only truth there. She nodded, and allowed him to help her to the bedroom. When they reached it he stopped and let her go in. "G

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    WAHOO!!! :D You know what I like most about your writing so far, other than it's terribly exciting. :) It's how everything REALLY makes sense. You've got the custom on Jewel's palnet down so well, that the way Jewel is reacting to Obi-Wan makes sense. For example, the whole bed thing and what she thought he meant. It totally makes sense that she would think that. I never thought that she would be insulted when Obi offered to give her some better clothes, but her clothes ARE what she's used to. That's why your writing is very good. Keep up the good work! :D

12. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow, that was a great post! I agree with everything Jade_Skywalker mentioned!

Obi-hurt! Yay! [face_devil]

Ahem... Anyway... More soon please! :D

13. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Awsum! Alaways great to have a good new J.A. on the boards, and this is one :D

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Aww cool post! Poor girl being brought up in such a nasty, unfair society!

More soon? :)

15. Tygon_Jinnus

Tygon_Jinnus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Wow, Jedi Obi-wan! I beta-read the first part for you, and I thought it was GREAT, but this just keeps getting better! Keep it up!

16. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    I can't thank you enough for all the kind comments!

*~*~*

Jewel looked over the small room with fascination. It was much different then her room in the palace. Instead of a huge feather bed draped in linens, it was a small thing that looked like it was made of a material that was much harder.

She relaxed onto it, and was surprised to find that it wasn't as hard as it looked. It wasn't as soft as her feather bed on Ekoca, but it didn't sink in quite as badly either.

She pulled the Jedi's cloak tighter around her shoulders. She was freezing. Hesitantly, she pulled back the blankets on the bed and slipped under them. On Ekoca she had had no need for blankets because the planet was so warm, but now she found herself glad for the thick comforters surrounding her.

She stared at the ceiling above her. All ready she missed her home and those she had left behind.

What are you doing? Running off with a strange man who is taking you who knows where?

I could not marry Kadeem. And I could not stand being a possesion any longer. She argued back with herself.

How do you know this Jedi is any better? He speaks what you want to hear, but is that what his heart truly feels?

Jewel pushed the thought away. She wanted to trust Obi-Wan so badly. But growing up on Ekoca had taught her to trust no one unless their devotion to you had been proven. She convinced herself that his getting her off of Ekoca meant nothing. She would have to watch him closely.

She drew the blankets even tighter around her and was determined not to fall asleep for fear that he would sneak in. But despite her resolve, sleep claimed her not a half hour later.

*~*~*

"You did what?"

Obi-Wan nearly sighed. Of all people, he thought Qui-Gon would understand why he had rescued Jewel.

"Padawan, do you understand the consequences of your actions? If the Ekocian government, or the Senate, or the Jedi Council ever found out about this you would not only be kicked out of the order, but most likely jailed until you were an old man." Qui-Gon's voice was sharper than his apprentice had ever heard it.

Obi-Wan was geniunely surprised at his mentors behavior. "Master," he said in a soft, reverent tone. "I did what I thought was right. Isn't that what you have always taught me to do?"

"Don't talk back to me, young man!" Qui-Gon roared.

Obi-Wan's jaw dropped nearly to the floor. His Master had never yelled at him like this before.

"I don't believe you were thinking at all," the older Jedi said through clenched teeth.

Obi-Wan was silent.

"I will deal with this later," his Master said finally. "I have to go home for a while. I will see you when I return. Goodbye, Padawan."

"Home?" Obi-Wan asked in confusion. But his Master had all ready ended the communication.

*~*~*

:) :) :)

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    OOOOOOOOoooooo, why do I get the strangest feeling that somehting is going on on Coruscant? Something doesn't feel right right now. Can't wait to see how this all turns out for Obi.

18. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Uh oh! Of all people, I think that Qui would understand! "Mr. Pathetic Lifeforms!" Something isn't right!

Please post more! I must have answers!!!! :D

19. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm still loving it, Jedi Obi-wan. :) I posted a link on my story.

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
  21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    ?[face_plain] What's with Qui-Gon???

Great post Jedi Obi-Wan!

22. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    This post is short, but it will answer a few questions. :)

*~*~*

Derissa Jinn was not a woman easily given to tears, but at the sight of her oldest son, she couldn't stop them from coming. She rose from her and let him hug her tightly.

"Mother," he whispered softly. "The doorman said he was still with us."

She nodded. "He's still here, but barely."

Qui-Gon walked through his father's mansion, not quite sure what to expect. He opened the door and stepped into the dark room.

His father's room had always been masculine, but unlike some masculine rooms it was never dreary. Not usually, anyway. But today the drawn curtains and medical equipment made it look dark. It looked like a room where someone was dying.

As soon as Qui-Gon stepped into the room, he felt uneasy. He held himself in check until he caught sight of his father. It took some mental scolding on his part to keep himself from crying, something he hadn't done in over a decade.

His father, usually such a strong man, was on the brink of death. His masculine features were etched with pain, and the was almost no color to his face. His six and a half foot long frame was lifeless.

Qui-Gon knelt by the bed. His father's blue eyes fluttered open and filled with love. He didn't speak, he just watched his son.

Qui-Gon talked to his Father and told him everything he meant to him. He thanked for for allowing him to become a Jedi, and even though far away, for always being there for him. His mother and sister wept behind him.

Slowly, while Qui-Gon was talking to him, Carson Jinn slipped away quietly. Wife, son, and daughter were ushered out of the room.

23. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Qui!!!!!!!! :_|

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Awwwwww NUTS!!! Deaths are so hard. I agree with the above. Poor Qui-Gon. :(

25. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    This needs more replies. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.