main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Jinn and Kenobi Chronicles - a series of vignettes - Confession, Qui's POV on Recovery

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Kimberley you did it again!! Excellent job!

Do you give out tissues with these? This was lovely, I think I have a new favorite!

I most heartily agree! *Hunts around for a box of tissues* That was so sweet!

:_|

2. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Qui-Gon considered the question for a moment and then lifted his broad shoulders in a puzzled shrug. ?It cannot be explained, it must be felt.? He smiled a bit and tried to explain. ?It brings out the best and worst in you, and makes you dream of things you never even knew you desired.? He laughed at himself, knowing his answer would not satisfy Obi-Wan. He tilted his head and considered his apprentice. ?Why??

Yep, that sounds about right! Nice little viggie.

3. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    ?I won?t ever fall in love, not like you loved Master Tahl,? he finally proclaimed.

Qui-Gon allowed himself a quiet snort of laughter, for Obi-Wan spoke with all of the arrogance of youth, the utter conviction that his heart would always heed his wishes. ?It is the way of the Jedi to avoid attachment,? he agreed, ?but I think we lose something of ourselves to deny love. Love completes us; it does our heart good to call out for another, even if we cannot be with them.? He felt his own heart beginning to cry out for her once more, a silent wail that brought no answer or peace. ?Love can bring pain, but to never love is worse, Obi-Wan, far worse.?

Great work! You did a good job of exploring the relationship between these two.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    lovely mushy mush

5. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... that was so sweet... [face_love]

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow that last one it truly magnificient! I really feel like you took the ideas of love and the Jedi right out of my mind and heart and put it into perfect words. Qui-Gon explains the need to love perfectly and the realization that the Jedi could be wrong in their rule of no attachments.. superb.

7. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    This is a truly wonderful series of vignettes. Well observed and totally heartwarming! :) :) :) Love them all, so much that I can't honestly choose a favorite!

-Jem

8. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Loved it! I love the interaction between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon allowed himself a quiet snort of laughter, for Obi-Wan spoke with all of the arrogance of youth, the utter conviction that his heart would always heed his wishes. ?It is the way of the Jedi to avoid attachment,? he agreed, ?but I think we lose something of ourselves to deny love. Love completes us; it does our heart good to call out for another, even if we cannot be with them.? He felt his own heart beginning to cry out for her once more, a silent wail that brought no answer or peace. ?Love can bring pain, but to never love is worse, Obi-Wan, far worse.?

This was my favorite bit. Really, really good stuff.

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    This is fabulous Vader! I love seeing the close relationship of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Also the internal dialogue of Qui-Gon when wondering what to do about Obi-Wan.

Healer Leona recommended this thread to me and I so glad she did! It's fabulous!

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A/N: Well, I was feeling a bit silly today so this is the result. Actually, I'm trying to make up to some readers for writing a viggie in which Qui goes insane and...well he goes insane. So, here it is, my viggie and apology. Obviously this one takes place before some of the others. You'll see...

In Sickness and In Health

Qui-Gon sat up, groaning as he did so. Obviously the fermented juice of the kitanga berry packed a bigger punch than he expected. As he struggled to his feet, he realized that he was about to empty the contents of his stomach and rushed to the fresher as quickly as he was able, which unfortunately wasn?t fast enough.

As he sat there in the small hallway he grimaced, glad that Obi-Wan wasn?t here to witness his humiliation. It was bad enough that he had become intoxicated, it would have been far worse if he had done so in front of his padawan. Now he had to gather the strength from somewhere to clean up this mess before his padawan got back.

He kept telling himself that he was a Jedi, and surely a bit of fermented fruit juice couldn?t bring him to his knees. His brain heard his words just fine, but his body still refused to cooperate and sat on the floor, very still so that another bout of nausea could pass.

As he let his head fall back against the wall he noticed that not only did he feel like his head had been run over by a herd of rancors (what did one call a group of rancors- a herd, a troop, a flock?) but he now felt increasingly cold. He raised one shaky hand to his forehead and it seemed hot to him. But it was so hard to tell when trying to diagnose yourself, he thought vaguely as he wondered if he could sleep for a while on the floor, right here.

No, that wouldn?t do. He pushed himself up to his knees with the greatest of efforts and then waited a moment to see if his stomach was going to launch another protest against the movement. So far, so good. Slowly and carefully he got to his feet, leaning heavily on the wall as he did so.

The wall kindly supported him for several moments while he leaned against the cool comfort of it. It felt wonderful, that cool surface, against his overheated flesh. Yes, he was definitely running a fever. He sighed in resignation, knowing that now he would have to pay a visit to the Healer?s Ward and put himself at the mercy of those well-intentioned souls. Gods help him.

He stumbled into the fresher and gathered a few towels. How he found the strength to clean up his mess he was never quite sure, but he got the task done. And just in time. No sooner had he disposed of the fouled towels than he heard the door to their quarters open.

Obi-Wan must have been in an excellent mood because he could hear the boy whistling at an ear piercing level. To be fair, it really might not have been all that loud but his head was sensitive at the moment and the racket coming from his apprentice did nothing to soothe his temper.

Obi-Wan turned the corner into the hallway quickly, and came to an abrupt halt as he saw his master leaning up against the door of the fresher. He wrinkled his nose just a bit, but his distaste was forgotten when he saw how pale his master looked. He rushed forward and wrapped Qui-Gon?s arm around his shoulder.

?Master, what?s wrong?? Obi-Wan asked quietly.

But to the master the words were as loud as sirens and almost as annoying. ?Gods, padawan, keep your voice down. You don?t need to alert the whole temple that I am indisposed.?

Obi-Wan blinked at the rebuke, for he knew very well his voice had not been overly loud. As they hobbled into the living area he noticed the empty bottle of kitanga wine on the table.

He didn?t mean, truly he did not mean to laugh. But the giggle started somewhere deep inside of him and there was no stopping it once it took hold of him. So the laughter welled up and burst out of his mouth. Qui-Gon winced at the sound, but his head was pounding far too hard for him to form the words to chastise his very loud apprentice.

Obi-Wan helped Qui-Gon to h

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LMAO!! Juz toooo funny!! Grumpy Qui! Man he's as bad as me when I get sick (though I hardly do but man when I do... beware the Grump Master rules this house during those times!!!)

Great work!! Loved the lil bit at the end about him hoping Obi gets it hehehehe and I, too, bet it wiped the smirk of the boy's face! hehehehehe

Great juz great! Another well done :D :D

hehehehe Make him shave Windu's head *snrk* Juz too funny [face_laugh]

12. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Hee hee hee. :D

Wonderful job, VL. And yes, quite a change from that...other one... **shivers** ;)

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job, Vadey. Glad you didn't do another insane Qui-Gon one. Very glad. Very very glad. LOL.

This was very funny, actually with Qui threatening Obi with catching his illness!

14. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    ?I?ve got the Force you know, you can?t lie to me,? Qui-Gon rasped. Obi-Wan silently added a sore throat to the list of his master?s symptoms.

?Of course not master, I wouldn?t even attempt to do so,? Obi-Wan said deferentially.

?Maybe Master Windu needs someone to shave that thick skull of his as well,? Qui-Gon replied.

Yes, someone is quite cranky when he's sick! Now I'm dying to read the viggie where Qui-Gon goes insane! [face_devil]

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    MY-T-Chewbacca No you don't! Trust me on this. It's wonderful but Qui-Gon goes really really insane. If you feel you must, go onto the Obi-Wan challenge thread. Here's the link. Vader's scary story

16. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    Oh yeah, that was pretty sick. Good, but sick, sick, sick. [face_laugh]

Vader, I didn't know you had it in you! Great job, but I think I'll sleep with the lights on now.

17. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    ?I hope you catch it, too.? He paused. ?Bet that wiped the smirk off your face, didn?t it??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved the last line!

The whole story was great!!!

:)

~ Jedikma :)

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm far behind, but I'll try to get caught up on author's comments!

indra Thanks! I wanted to show that Qui-Gon loved Obi-Wan dearly, but left it too late.

Laine_Snowtrekker Thank you so much! You always make my day!

obi_ew Thank you so much! I enjoy your work so much that the compliment means even more.

opal Thank you! [face_blush] I like Qui and Obi, so they "speak" to me. Something with Xan is in the works, with a co-author! (Take a bow Layren)

Shaindl Thank you! And I don't sleep, that is how I write so much (sometimes). I'm glad you like these, they are fun to do.

Kynstar Awww, shucks! Thank you, you always have such kind words!

dianethx Glad you think I did Qui-Gon justice, I know you have a soft spot for that tall, rugged warrior type. ME TOO! [face_devil]

The_Hutt Thank you so much! You made me one happy Vader! :D

MamaShmi Welcome and yes there will be more.

Layren Rob Roy...oh I'm sorry I got distracted! Thank you for reading! :D

Odd-Thomas I'm with you, I think the whole no attachments rule came back and bit them on the butt! Thanks for reading!

PadawanKitara Thank you!

Master_Tigris_Leigh Thank you! I've read the JA books too, and wanted more than they offered. :(

DreamOfKenobi Wow! Thank you! More viggies as soon as inspiration strikes!

CapNJaxWench I have a soft spot for Do You Ever Wonder? too. Thank you for reading!

LukesTheMan Thank you so much!

VadersMistress Even mothers need their secrets. O:)

Healer_Leona Thank you so much! Yeah, I like Wonder? too, it just seems right for Qui-Gon (to me at least). Yeah, I have strong feelings on the whole love/attachment deal with the Jedi. :mad:

Jemmiah WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words! They definitely mean a lot!

SenatorHermione Thank you so much for reading!

Calamity Jinn Thank you so much! I'm glad that the characters seemed believable.

AnakinsHeir Yeah, had to bring in that "dreams pass in time" line, it was SO Obi-Wan. But what if HE heard it from HIS master? Hmmmm... Thanks for reading!

LuvEwan Thank you so much! You're an incredibly talented writer yourself, so WOW! Thanks! [face_blush]

MY-T-Chewbacca Thanks! I'm glad you liked them.

Jedikma Thank you! I like these two together so it is nice to write them.

KrystalBlaze Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed these.

PadawanEstel Thank you!

mouse2 Thank Healer_Leona for me! I'm glad you stopped in and liked them!

SEE? No dead Obi-Wans in this thread. No crazy Qui-Gon either. Aren't you proud of me? Of course that may all change! [face_devil] Nah! I'm just kidding! Thanks to anyone and everyone who's read these viggies!

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just read your Qui-Gon Insane viggie... that was utterly brillant! Subtle, understated and all together creepy!!!

20. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    How did I miss replying to this one!? I thought I had... hrm.. ahh well very good job on this Kimberley, LOVED The punchline! Poor Qui yeah he really is a bad patient. I imagine he's the type to be notorious for escaping the Healer's wing before he's fully recovered....

21. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    o_O Tahl is sick, too... and a empty bottle on the table... Poor Qui! I've been laughing my head off!

Your vignettes are cool Vader!! Will you write more? I really hope so!

See Ya,
    DarkDream

22. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    This is terrific. My sis, JediMaster_Jen turned me on to your writing and this is the first one I've read.

Good job. =D= I'll be coming back when you update again.

23. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    ?I?m sick, padawan. I should think that is obvious,? he grumbled.

?You?re also grumpy, but that?s nothing new,? Obi-Wan shot back.

?You?ll be sorry for that when I?m feeling better,? the words were muffled since he had turned over and buried his face in the pillow.

?I?ll worry about that when you?re better,? Obi-Wan said, unconcerned.

HOw did I miss that last one? I loved it! These two together are too much.

24. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    VaderLvr--I'm a true fan of yours now! Loved all these--but some of the wording was completely awesome!

"Qui-Gon allowed himself a quiet snort of laughter, for Obi-Wan spoke with all of the arrogance of youth, the utter conviction that his heart would always heed his wishes. "
    How true! I loved Qui's defense of love!!!

Beautiful writing, images, and story lines!

25. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Ah, the mother I know and love comes through! Yes, this is something I can picture happening.

?Padawan??

?Yes, master?? Obi-Wan tried very hard to suppress the impatience in his voice.

?I hope you catch it, too.? He paused. ?Bet that wiped the smirk off your face, didn?t it??

Hmmm, Qui-Gon sounds a lot like you! Loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.