main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Jinn and Kenobi Chronicles - a series of vignettes - Confession, Qui's POV on Recovery

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This one leaves me beyond words, VL. There was just something about it that left me...whoa. I loved how Qui-Gon changed the pillow.

2. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wonderful series of viggies! I really liked this last one, and the sick Qui one.

3. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    The relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan was very nicely portrayed here.

Qui-Gon was absolutely the tender father as he kept his vigil by Obi-Wan's bedside. I also loved him changing the pillow. That is just the sort of small but important gesture that a loved one would make.

His admission to Obi-Wan at the end had me in tears.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awwww! He ordered him to not die cuz he couldn't bare being left alone! [face_love] How sweet was that??

I loved it! Great job! Poor Qui...not resting at all as he worried over his charge. ;) Feel the love!!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    maychorian Accident prone? Yes, but he could rest his aching head on my shoulder any time! :D

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Ah yes, dreaded baby-sitting. My daughter knows your pain quite well! Thanks for reading.

LuvEwan I thought it was something a loved one would do. And Qui obviously loves his Padawan.

Jedi_Tigris Thank you so much! I enjoy writing them!

Jedi_Chani Thanks! THe more I write them the more I love them. :)

Kynstar Being a manly man, he had to make it an order! [face_laugh]

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    These are just wonderful. I loved the injured Obi and the sick Qui ones, but it's so hard to choose my favorites.

I hope you have more for us. :)

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    ?I ordered you not to die and leave me alone,? he said quietly. ?For I could not bear to lose you.?

*sniff* Oh man, that one was a tear jerker. More soon!!

8. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    [gnashes teeth in frustration] How, how, how did I miss this? Gah!

I felt the need for some gratifying mush, and your little viggie was very, very satisfying (I think I have LE to thank, too. I saw your words in her sig, and spent the better part of this morning hunting for a vig called 'Recovery'...and nearly went insane, not finding it. Might I also add that your words are eminently 'sig-worthy' :D)

Loved Obi's thoughts in convalescence, and Qui in interesting disarray. :). Loved how you've written them. [face_love]

[runs off to hunt out the 'sick Qui' vig...]

EDIT 1: Oh, yeah, have already read the sick Qui vig -loved the whole thing [face_laugh]

EDIT 2: Took a grave chance, and read the 'insane Qui' vig. Oh my freakin'.....that was...oooh. [face_sick] But in a 'wow', kind of way. I'm still feeling awful...

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    that is sweet

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww what lovely master/padawan mush! that was wonderful! Kimberely!

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    What lovely mush. I especially liked the last comments but there were hints all through this about how Qui-Gon felt. I liked how you had Obi-Wan so confused about what happened. Made it seem more immediate somehow.

Good job.

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Just got caught up on these! Loved everyone and hope you have more coming soon. :)

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    mouse2 Thank you! And I hope to write more of them too. I enjoy it!
    :D

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi As soon as my muse speaks to me about Master Jinn and Padawan Kenobi I'll post more.

ithesock Are you feeling better now? :D Thank you! And I hope I'll be reading more stuff from you soon sockie!

PadawanKitara So is Obi-Wan. Oops, sorry, got distracted by leashed Obi.

Layren Aw shucks! [face_blush]

dianethx Well I remember waking up from surgery and you're not really sure what's going on, so I tried to bring that confusion here. I'm good at confusion. :p But maybe not writing it, just being in that state.

obi_ew Thank you! I'm honored that you liked them.

14. meg_an2006

meg_an2006 Jedi Knight

Mar 4, 2005
    Ohh I love these little viggies!! You bring light nicely to father/son relationship and I just love it!

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    meg_an2006 Thank you so much! And welcome to the boards! :D

Title: Confession
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Timeframe: JA
    Summary: When his Padawan is wounded, Qui-Gon Jinn realizes just how much Obi-Wan has come to mean to him.
    Notes: This is the companion piece to ?Recovery? from Qui-Gon?s POV.

[b]Confession[/b]

That blaster bolt sounded no different than the others. I did not know that it would threaten to shatter my very core.

I did not realize its importance until I heard a low grunt from Obi-Wan and his agony flared across our bond. I turned just in time to watch him crumple to the ground ? seemingly lifeless.

Without thought, a cry welled up within me and echoed harshly above even the sounds of the fire that I was still unconsciously directing away from us.

My impatience to reach his side made my blade nothing more than a green blur which sent their bolts back at them. I could no longer concentrate solely on defense. Obi-Wan?s need had put me on the offensive and all of them had fallen within moments.

I rushed to his side but was almost fearful of touching him. Would my hand meet warm, living flesh or the cooling emptiness of death?

Then I shook away my fear and realized that I still sensed Obi-Wan in the Force. My Padawan was not gone ? not yet. He was in danger, but I still had a chance to save him. I bent over him and watched his glazed eyes struggle to focus on me.

Knowing how hard he had always worked to please me, how quickly he obeyed any order; I put all the authority of my position as his Master into my voice. I picked him up as gently as I could and then gave him the most important instruction I would ever give. My voice was durasteel; I would tolerate nothing less than complete obedience.

?You will not die and leave me alone again.?

Alderaan was the closest planet with anything approaching advanced medical facilities. I set our course and then attended to Obi-Wan?s wound once more.

As I pulled back his tunic I felt the blood drain from my face. A cursory examination of the wound and the crude first-aid I had administered at the scene had not revealed the severity of the injury. Blood had welled up and impeded my view. Using sterile pads, I staunched the flow as best I could and placed a large bacta patch over the hole in his belly. I administered a hypo of the strongest antibiotic we carried. I had done all I could do. Until the ship exited hyperspace I would remain at his side.

I nurtured an irrational fear that if I slept or even let my attention be diverted from Obi-Wan, that he would sense my betrayal and slip away from me forever.

All our years together I had guarded my heart so closely, never letting him inside. But now the truth was laid out before me and I was no longer able to deny it. This boy, this young man, meant as much to me as any son has ever meant to any father.

And my child was in danger.

?He will live?? The words had burst forth from me as my anxiety increased with each passing moment.

The healer finished her examination and I read Obi-Wan?s fate in the sad lines of her face. But then she gave me an understanding smile and spoke the five sweetest words I have ever heard in any language.

?He will live, Master Jinn.?

Obi-Wan must have heard her speak and sensed my fear. He opened his eyes and gave me a somewhat dopey grin. The drugs they had given him had obviously begun to take effect.

?Not rid of me that easily,? he said in a husky whisper.

I smiled at him, though my fear still seemed a living thing inside of me that consumed all of my Jedi serenity.

?Rest now, my Padawan.?

His eyes closed and he did not stir.

For a long time I just stood at his bedside. My discomfort seemed a necessary penance, a sacrifice to keep him safe. The healers came and told me to sleep, but I did not acknowledge their words. There was

16. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Oooohhhh......... [face_love]

I recover from your previous efforts, and you threaten to send me into mush-land again. [shakes fist] I love that!

>>>The bond between us grew stronger that day, so strong that it will not even be broken by death. One day, when I have become one with the Force, he will look back on that day and know that I loved him.>>

I ought to take lessons from you about last words for fics. That was so......right. Qui's emotions are perfect - and poor Obi-Wan, so very puzzled about all the attention showered on him. :D

>>And I hope I'll be reading more stuff from you soon sockie!>>>

Perhaps. [face_mischief]

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhh I sooooo loved his POV on that! Great job!

[face_love] Awww: One day, when I have become one with the Force, he will look back on that day and know that I loved him. I sooooo loved that!

18. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Seeing the same situation from both POVs was interesting and quite well done. They were different enough so that it didn't feel like reading the same vignette, so =D=

Glad your muse visited you! :p

19. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    *sniffs*

Wonderful,VaderLVR! Recovery was excellent, as was Confession....I love Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon fic, but you make it...Wow....I officially declare myself your biggest fan.

20. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    The last paragraph especially was heartbreaking and incredible. I loved it. :)

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, I really liked the alternate POV - lovely companion piece. Especially loved the last paragraph. Great job.

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Beautiful, VL. I don't read a lot of these Qui/Obi fics very often anymore, but anything of yours is worth a look. Heartwrenching is the only word. Great job. :)

23. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, I loved this soooooooo much! Thank you for writing it!

I especially liked when Qui-Gon first gave Obi-Wan that order, his thoughts that Obi always did his best to obey, and he wanted absolute obedience for this one. Just beautiful.

Also liked the "vicious cycle" of blushes and giggles. LOL! Poor Obi.

This was splendid.

24. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    :_|

All I could picture when I read this last one was Qui-Gon dying in Obi-Wan's arms! :_|

Another beautiful viggie!

25. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Awww...that was just lovely! With Qui admiting exactly how he felt. Obi/Qui mush of the highest quality! That really put a smile on my face. Thanks Kimberley! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.