main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Gah, A/T are like a baby factory. How many did they have in sacrifice.

I always found it funny when people say babies looked like so-and-so when they were babies, because babies all generally look simmilar, then I saw my cousin's kid recently at a wedding and I instantly went 'omg, that kid looks so much like Benjamin (another cousin)'. This kid honestly looks more like him than his own kid does. It makes me wonder.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    They had two children in Sacrifice, but they had another one on the way. Babies are supposed to look like the father I was told. There was a study that showed that a majority of the time complete strangers could match photos of a baby to daddy at a much higher rate than mother to baby. With that said, my youngest son from the time he was two until he was around eight looked just like me when I was his age. I put photos side-by-side and we had the same nose, eye and identical smirks. It was such a resemblance that it freaked him out.

3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I absolutely loved this. The paternal speculations are always amusing for some reason.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hmmm.... i wonder if..... [face_laugh] :p Coincidences have a way to make people wonder.

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great discussion between Talon and his mom about babies.
    I wonder what you are planning for him when you reach Sacrifices

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Well, when he is first mentioned in Sacrifices he is with his new girlfriend. So I think there will be some romance for the man.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Hazel, EmeraldJediFire, and Briannakin for reading and reviewing. If you read Sacrifices you already know where this story is going, but because Talon is brought into the story near the end of Sacrifices I won't be rehashing the whole story. I probably will gloss over a lot of stuff because he probably wouldn't put everything in his journal.

Thanks for reading!

~JL~

Entry 84

I’m going out on another Jump Trooper mission. I was hoping that Dad would go with me, but my mother got all freaked out about dad and me being in the same combat zone together. I think she realized her husband and son could have very easily have died in the battle that took my dad's leg. My father is not my master so there is no real reason for him to accompany me. The trouble is my Master, Aunt Mara, can’t come on jump missions with me since she is not jump trooper qualified.

Even if she was I don’t think she would be welcome. She may be middle aged, but she is still a looker…not that I’m looking. But I think she would be a major distraction in the all male combat units that I am usually attached to.

After some discussion it was determined that I could go on a mission alone. It would be part of my Jedi trials. I think I might be able to get knighted within a year or so.

Entry 85

There was a change of plans. I was assigned to an Infantry ground unit. That’s a disappointment. I wasn’t attached to a Jump Trooper unit because we were on the planet Jabiim. The planet has an unstable electrical field that screws up the functioning of repulsor craft. They will work most of the time…until they don’t work and fall out of the sky. So we are dirt-side and using vehicles with wheels. This wouldn’t be too bad if it wasn’t for the fact that it rains constantly on the planet and I mean constantly. The entire world is one giant mud hole. The population had constructed major sewer and underground canals to pull most of the water away from the city, but that doesn’t help much.

We are looking for rebels that have been fighting over control over a newly found ore deposit. Prior to the Clone Wars Jabiim was a major producer of ore. During the time of the Empire the planet was mined extensively. When the ore ran out the Emperor decided those out-of-work miners are a waste of manpower. He promptly sent slave ships to enslave the population. The people who remained are a bit angry with the Empire and wary of any galactic governing body. Even the people we are here to help don’t have much love for the GA military.

To make matters worse, the platoon I have been assigned to work with is led by a freshly commissioned Lieutenant right out of the GA Military Academy. Of course, being an officer and an Academy grad doesn’t endear him to the platoon. They call Academy grads a bunch of conceited ring-knockers—which is a term coined because of the massively large gold Academy ring that the graduates wear and sometimes will clank on a desk to make people aware that they are graduates. ‘Hey look at my big ring.’

Normally I don’t have any problems with officers, but this one doesn’t believe in the Force. When my platoon sergeant told me this I was shocked. How can anybody not believe in the Force? I thought my sergeant was messing with me until I got to meet the Lieutenant.

The Platoon Sergeant poked his head into the Platoon Leader's command tent. “Lieutenant Lejes, Jedi Tantiss has reported for duty.”

The lieutenant was sitting at a folding field desk looking at maps. When I entered he glared at me. “They are actually having you masquerading as a real soldier with uniform and all.”

I was taken aback by the comment. “Sir, I'm a fully qualified Jump Trooper.” Not that I have to tell him. A fabric version of my combat jump wings is sewn to the front of my uniform above the pocket.

He actually rolled his eyes. “Well, as you can see we are not a Jump Unit. I don’t know why you were sent here.”

“I was told that I was here to help you find the rebels.”

He scowled at me. “Let me tell you right now. I don’t believe in your religion. As far as I am concerned it is all tricks. I don’t appreciate headquarters sending me a charlatan spoon-bender when I simply need more reinforcements and sensing equipment.”

It was right about then that I wished Jedi were given the rank of General like they did in the clone wars. As it was, I didn’t have any rank. I was an asset. I would help the platoon in any way possible and was prohibited from interfering with the chain of command. I simply smiled and said, “Yes, sir. What would you have me do?”

He made a shooing motion with his hand. “Go with the platoon sergeant and stay the hell out of the way.”

“Yes sir.” I turned and started to walk away.

“Didn’t you forget something?” The lieutenant called out.

I knew what he was expecting, but he wasn’t going to get it from me. “Are you referring to a salute sir?” I shook my head. “The rank structure does not require it of me. I am neither an officer, non-commissioned or enlisted soldier. I am an asset and not required or expected to salute.” I paused for a moment. “Is there anything else sir?”

“Get out,” he growled at me.

I left the tent and when I was out of sight I gave him my special ‘Kriff you’ salute.

Entry 86

My platoon went on foot patrol to search and clear buildings in in an old abandoned industrial area. So far we haven’t seen any sign of the enemy. We know they have to be either within or near the city because they have been doing nighttime commando strikes on foot.

After hours of walking, we got a break to eat dinner. We sat down in a defendable area of the industrial park and broke out our dehydrated rations. After about fifteen minutes a young man about my age came up and squatted on his heels in front of me, which was a bit of a surprise since most of the soldiers in this unit treat me like I have the rakghoul plague. At least when I am in a Jump Trooper unit they treat me like a brother. They see me as a JT first and a Jedi second.

The man was a dark haired, tanned human with teeth stained from chewing Radni roots. Because smoking cigarras is taboo while in the field many of the men opt for chewing the rancid tasting root. It is a stimulant that supposedly wakes you up and gets your heart beating.

Unfortunately it is highly addictive and gross. The men are always spitting on the ground or in old cans or bottles they find. I can see from the man’s rank and nametag on his uniform that this is Corporal Jotsen. “Can I join you?” he asked. The words were a bit mumbled because of a huge piece of chew he had shoved in his right cheek.

“Sure, pull up some dirt…or I guess I should say mud.”

He smiled and flopped down on the wet ground next to me. “So you’re a Jedi. What’s that like?”

I shrugged. “It’s like being a soldier but with a lightsaber.”

He snickered as he brought a clear bottle up to his mouth and spit brown liquid into it.

“Have you been with the platoon long?” I asked.

The man nodded. “A year now with this company. I have a total of three years in the GA Infantry. It beats fighting for scraps on my homeworld of Radeon. It’s a dirtball planet in the Lambda system, mid-rim. It’s an ore planet like this, but dry. When the ore ran out the people with any money left and the rest of us stayed and tried to scrape out a living by farming. Miners make lousy farmers.”

I took a bite of my dinner, which consisted of a rehydrated meat patty. After I forced down the foul food I gave him a questioning look. “Do you believe in the Force?”

He shrugged. “I guess so. I’m not sure what it is, but I know Jedi can use it.”

“I just can’t understand how your lieutenant doesn’t believe.”

He spit in the bottle again and smiled his brown stained teeth at me. “He don’t wanna believe. It means you’re better than him and that won’t do.”

I gave him a nod. That made more sense than not believing something that was so obvious.

“I notice most of the men avoid me. Why are you different?”

Jotsen snickered. “Morbid curiosity. Most of these guys don’t trust Jedi because they think you can read their mind and make them do stuff they don’t want. We watch the holos. It’s scary to be around someone who’s like a wizard. Also most of us grew up with our grandmothers telling us about the purge and how the Jedi tried to take over government and had to be killed.”

I scoffed. “I hope you know that was not true. It was the Emperor’s propaganda. He needed to get rid of the Jedi so he could rule.”

“He was already ruling. Don’t see why he needed to kill the Jedi.”

I shook my head. “He was Sith.”

Jotsen gave me a toothy grin. “Force user, right?”

I nodded.

“Another reason not to trust Force users.” He then chuckled and spit.

I shrugged noncommittally. I’ve heard this argument before…from my own father. Dad is a reluctant Jedi. He doesn’t think anybody should have so much power. “So you are not scared about Jedi Mind Tricks?” I asked with a chuckle.

He shook his head. “Nah, the platoon sergeant says I’m a brain dead kriff. I figure it’s hard to influence lifeless gray matter.”

I laughed at his self-disparaging joke.

“All right ladies!” the platoon sergeant called out. “Pack it up and lets get back to patrol.”

We got up and continued searching and clearing buildings. I don’t like working in this type of environment. There are so many places for the enemy to hide. The streets are lined with abandoned wheeled vehicles. There are also tall manufacturing buildings with towering smoke stacks all around us. The place was abandoned decades ago, so at least we don’t have to deal with civilians walking around.

The Lieutenant sent out ground probe droids with sensors to look for the enemy. Since repulsors are not very effective we have old-fashioned battery operated micro-helicopters with holocams and Infrared sensors flying around as scouts and looking for snipers.

Even though the platoon leader doesn’t believe in the Force, I am stretching out with my senses trying to find the enemy. Suddenly I felt the presence of sentients up ahead. There were dozens…no, more than that. There were too many for me to count.

I signaled to the Platoon Sergeant. “Sergeant, I sense people up ahead and they don’t feel friendly. I think we found our rebels.”

The Sergeant signaled for the platoon to stop. Of course the Lieutenant ran over to his NCO to see what the problem was.

“The Jedi said there are soldiers up ahead.”

The officer gave me a disbelieving look. “Nothing is showing up on our sensors.”

“I can sense them approaching. Perhaps they are in the tunnels.”

The platoon leader shook his head. “I put infrared sensing droids down below. They’re coming up empty.” He then signaled for the platoon to continue. I stood there transfixed in shock. Did that lieutenant just totally ignore me?

“But Sir…”

That was all I got out before he swung around and got into my face. “Don’t you dare correct me or challenge my authority in front of my men or I’ll make sure you never work with the GA military again.”

I heaved a sigh. “Yes, sir.”

The Lieutenant turned and ordered the men forward.

Corporal Jotsen came up next to me and spit on the ground. “Something Jedi?”

I nodded. “Yeah, there’s something ahead. Stay sharp.” I pulled out my lightsaber, but don’t ignite it. I don’t want to give the Lieutenant a fit.

The corporal next to me grinned. “I’m staying next to you Jedi. I don’t have a lack of faith like the LT does.”

I smiled. “Thanks.”

Right then all hell broke loose. The enemy came out of hiding and surprise-surprise, they are wearing ambience and mimetic suits to hide themselves from sensors. Ambience suits hide your Infrared body heat signature and mimetic suits can hide your IR sig and make you virtually invisible to visual holocam sensors.

The enemy came pouring out of tunnel openings and buildings and advanced on us with blasters blazing. We start taking fire from rooftop snipers probably wearing mimetic suits also. By now I have my lightsaber ignited and trying to keep the blasterbolts off my platoon while they scrambled for cover.

Behind me I heard the corporal yell, “Oh kriff it looks like an entire company of men.” He had his blaster on full automatic and was sending a steady stream of shots toward the enemy.

The sun had set, but in the dim light I could make out a hundred ambience-suited gunmen running like crazed maniacs toward us.

I can hear the Lieutenant swearing and calling for fire support and reinforcements, but I knew there was no time.

“Cover me!” I called out to Jotsen.

“Got it.” He continued to fire at the approaching rebels.

I ducked behind a vehicle, shut down my saber and clipped it to my belt. I then closed my eyes and drew the Force toward me. I then stood up and made a clapping motion with my hands in front of me. When my palms snapped together the large trucks and vehicles parked on the both sides of the road lifted up and slammed together on the approaching enemy. They were squashed like a fly between the pages of an old-fashioned flimsi novel. I then drew my hands up toward the towering smokestacks and then made a pulling motion like I was yanking on an invisible rope. The giant duracrete flues crumbled and fell to the street where the enemy was still advancing.

There was a loud crash followed by an eerie silence. The quiet lasted a second or two before we could hear the moans and screams of the wounded enemy.

As the dust settled I could see a stream of fluid trickled out of the pile of rubble, mostly fuel from the old abandoned factory vehicles, but I knew there was also blood…a lot of blood. The lieutenant turned and looked at me and I could feel abject fear radiating from him. The same was true with most of the men in the platoon who turned to me with jaws slack and eyes wide.

Finally the platoon sergeant broke the silence. “You dumb-kriffs act like you never saw a Jedi Knight Holofilm before. Killing the enemy is what these spooks do. So pull your thumbs out of your exhaust ports and get moving. We’ll let the engineers and medics deal with this pile of goo!”

The platoon regrouped and provided security until reinforcements arrived. We then continued on our patrol mission, searching and picking off any enemy we could find. I could constantly feel the eyes of my comrades on me. There was a mixture of awe and fear projecting off of them.

Corporal Jotsen came up next to me. “Thanks for saving our skin back there,” he said before he spit out a stream of brown root juice. “I think you have the LT spooked. He’ll probably get you transferred. So I want to thank you while I can.”

“You’re welcome,” I said to Jotsen. “Do you really think he’ll get rid of me after I saved his life?”

Jotsen chuckled. “You kidding? Did you see the look on his face after you did your magic trick? If our rations didn’t constipate us so much he would have dropped a brick right then and there.”

I gave an amused snort.

It turns out Corporal Jotsen was correct. Lieutenant Lejes had me out of his platoon as soon as possible. He got the Company Commander (another Academy Grad) to send me to an Intelligence Company saying my talents were wasted in a line platoon.

That was all right with me. Intel soldiers are usually a little less superstitious and maybe they won’t treat me like a creepy freak of nature.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow. Great update.

I can totally understand Kira's feelings about not letting Talon and Mark go on missions together.

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thar can't be easy.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I think the Intel division will be as, if not more, exciting, and probably more often safer. :) Kira will be relieved! And her concerns are understandable. @};-

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Intel can get him into trouble too. Nice description of the action and the details

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. When I was in the military I hated being around guys that used chew. They were constantly spitting. They weren't supposed to have so much chew that it bulged in their mouth, but often they did when we were in the field. I remember friends of mine chewing at the enlisted or NCO club and spitting in shot glasses. I heard that the army prohibits any type of tobacco in the workplace now, but that wasn't the case when I served. It was gross. The term ring-knocker is a real term also. It usually refers to Military Academy graduates (either Army, Navy or Air Force). The rings are pretty big. Here is a photo of male and female Military Academy rings. I gave them a hard time in this story because Hollywood gives grads a hard time. Truthfully, they are some of the nicest people I met in the Army.
    [​IMG]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Those rings are beautiful

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Hazel, and Briannakin for reading and taking the time to respond. I don't know if Intelligence would be more exciting than being in the Infantry. I had three friends that worked in Army Intel and they said it was boring. Two of them couldn't tell me what they did, but the third was a Chinese linguist and she would listen to Chinese radio transmissions and translate them all day. My other friend was a Russian linguist. I assume he was doing the same with Russian radio messages. They are usually not the guys who go out and spy, but I can't say for sure because they can't tell me what they are doing most of the time.

I do think Kira is right about not wanting her husband and son in the same battlefield. I know after the five Sullivan Brothers died in WWII while serving on the same ship the Navy tries to put siblings on different ships. In fact that particular rule was in effect in WWII but the brother said they would only enlist if the Navy promised to put them on the same ship.

There is a sole-surviving son or daughter clause in the military which allows a soldier to be deferred from combat operations if one of their siblings, mother or father died in the line of duty or had become 100% disabled. There are a bunch of rules and exceptions concerning this, so it is a little complicated. I have heard of parents and their children going to Afghanistan together. I know if my sons went to combat I would not want them in the same unit...mainly because they would have guns and they don't get along well together. :p

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 87

Now that I’m in an Intel unit I’m wondering if they are ever going to let me go home. My tour was supposed to be around a month in duration, but then I let it slip that I had postcognitive abilities. So now they are having me handle enemy belongings to see if I can glean anything from the objects. They also brought me to places where they knew the enemy once was headquartered. I have images flash into my head. I can sometimes tell the Intelligence guys where the enemy decided to move. Once I was able to see an image of a planning session for an upcoming raid. We were able to foil at least one attack that way. Because of this success they requested an extension of my tour from my Master, which she obvious approved because I am now on month two of this assignment.

One nice thing about Intel is there are women in the unit. I get along fine with the ladies. Whereas male soldiers sometimes have a problem with me being a Jedi (I think it is an ego thing), women don’t have the same difficulty. They find Jedi fascinating. I am very popular with the female soldiers. Not that I am doing anything with them but socializing. I told them I have a girl back home. I know that Nalli’ti could care less if I had sex with other women. She’s a Zeltron and they don’t believe in monogamy…but I’m not a Zeltron. It would bother me. I am too much like my dad in that respect.

Entry 88

I have spent over four months on Jabiim working with Intelligence. The mission is winding down. I am more than ready to go home. I think it only stopped raining for one day during the entire time that I have been here. They should export water to Tatooine because they have plenty of it.

Force I miss Nalli’ti. I tried to send her messages whenever I could, but it is difficult while in the field. She probably found another boyfriend by now. I swear if Valin touched her I will be royally pissed. Of course, Ben would have probably punched him for me if he did. Ha!

Entry 89

I arrived back home after being gone for almost five months. My mom was crying upon my return. She missed me. I’m sure dad missed me also, but he is not one to gush. He slapped me on the back and said his Army buddies told him about my work on Jabiim. “You brought a building down on a division of rebels I was told!” His chest was puffed out all proud.

I don’t know how these numbers get exaggerated. “I think it was closer to a company sized attack force and I just pulled down some smoke stacks on the group.”

“Good enough,” my dad said with a grin. “You mom has a welcome home surprise for you.”

A sinking feeling came over me. I spent almost five months on a planet that rained constantly. Knowing my mother she probably planned a trip to some exotic rainforest. I was pleasantly surprised to discover she baked me my favorite chocolate cookies. They were warm and gooey, just the way I like them.

It’s nice being home.

Entry 90

My homecoming with Nalli’ti was wonderful. She said she missed me terribly. She reassured me that Valin never hit up on her…but she did ask me if I mentioned her little joke about dating twins to the Skywalkers.

“I may have mentioned it to Ben, why?”

She gave me a knowing smirk. “Your identical twin cousins bumped into me while I was out at a dance club with some girlfriends. I could swear they were flirting with me.”

“What?” I said sharply as my jaw tightened.

Nalli’ti laughed. “I think their older brother put them up to it because once I shooed them away they slunk back to their table where I saw Ben and Niki sitting and laughing hysterically.

I shook my head. That sounds like a joke Ben would pull on his brothers.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close to her until our noses were touching. “I don’t think the twins knew I was dating you, so don’t be upset with them.” She leaned in and kissed me.

She made my homecoming so, so sweet—sweeter than chocolate cookies. Still, I am going to harass my cousins about hitting on my girl.

Entry 91

I saw Owen and Jak at the Temple today. I yelled at them to wait up. As I strode up to them I could see the color draining from their faces. “I heard you two were flirting with my girlfriend when I was gone!”

The twins took an anxious step backwards as they shook their heads. “We didn’t know she was your girlfriend, Talon,” said one of the twins. I think it was Owen.

“Ben was pranking us,” Jak explained. “He said the Zeltron at the bar was eyeing us and we should go over and say ‘Hi’.”

“All we did was try to start a conversation, but she shut us down.”

“Yeah,” said Jak. “She said she was already dating the most handsome Jedi in the Temple.”

“We thought she meant Jacen, so we beat feet out of there.”

“What?!” I said shocked. “You thought she was referring to Jacen?!” I took a step toward them. “If I wasn’t angry before, I sure am now!”

“Sorry Talon,” they chuckled. “We have a class to get to.” Jak said before the two hurriedly turned and got away from me as fast as they could.

This is proof-positive that guys can’t tell if other men are handsome. I tried to explain this to Nalli’ti, but she didn't believe me. The twins obviously have that problem, because I am a lot better looking than Jacen.

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think the twins were messing with Talon. ;)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad the mission was a success. Homecoming was great too, with two completely different kinds of "sweet" [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great homecoming for him with the sweets and the 'boys' and girl

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Great entries. Twins tend to be trouble, and Owen and Jak are Skywalkers on top of that.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Briannakin, earlybird-obi-wan, Hazel and Nyota's Heart for reading and taking the time to review. Ben was pulling a prank on his brothers, but I wonder what he would have done if Nalli'ti went off with them? She is a Zeltron and they find monogamy quaint. That could have backfired on Ben. :( That would have put a strain on the cousin's relationship. :p

Thanks again for reading!

~JL~

Entry 92

Tahiri had her baby. This time it is a little girl they named Darsha. She is bald, toothless and cries a lot, but I have to admit, she is cute. Jos doesn’t look too happy about the new addition to the family. I am sure Jaden felt the same way when I was born.

We had a big family gathering at my parents’ restaurant in celebration of the birth. All of the Solo, Tantiss and Skywalker family members were there, with the exception of Jacen. Uncle Han said he went off on some Force-knowledge journey. I don’t know what that’s all about. In fact, nobody knows what that's about. He was acting secretively in the months prior to his departure.

At least we got most of the family together. It’s rare for all of us cousins to be on planet at the same time. Jaina, Anakin and Ben are often off Coruscant on Jedi Knight missions. And the Skywalker twins and teenage Hanna are busy training with their Jedi Masters all over the galaxy. Tahiri is still working toward her knighthood, but having babies has slowed her down in that respect. She is very good with the kids and I honestly think she would rather be home with the younglings than running off on Jedi business. I think that is a good thing. My mother started working half days at the restaurant when Jaden and I were born and she kept it that way until we started school. Dad was gone a lot so it was nice to have one parent at home most of the time.

Anakin and Tahiri look so incredibly happy with their children. I know I always complained about their lovey-dovey sappiness during their courtship, but I’m glad everything is working out for them.

Entry 93

I am getting very close to knighthood. My father once told me he usually works with the GA military for only five or six weeks total each year. I have worked as a Jedi asset for over six months this year alone. I have been lucky when it comes to injuries. The few times I have been injured I was patched up and back to work within days.

My father has gotten used to his cybernetic leg and is going off on missions again (although I think Mom would rather to have him stay home and teach). Once we ended up serving with two different units, but on the same battlefield. Sometimes the senior officers get us confused when talking about us. So they have taken to calling my dad The Elder Tantiss or Red Tantiss. And me…well, I have been told I am sometimes referred to as Spook Junior. Since my one and only deployment with ground infantry, I have been assigned almost exclusively to Jump Trooper or Intel units. I prefer working with the Jump Troopers. There is a brotherhood among the men that I like.

Everything was going so well, but unfortunately, things can never go smoothly for me for very long. It is my fate in life. A hydrospanner got thrown into the gears when Ben came back from an assignment. He had gone to a security conference as part of his Jedi Sentinel training. There he met with representatives of security companies who designed guard droids, perimeter intrusion detection systems, holocams and every possible security product available. While there Ben came in contact with security personal from all over the galaxy, including guards for Hapan nobility, members of Galactic Alliance Guard, and royal guards for the Crown Worlds of Indupar.

The security personal from Indupar told Ben something that bothered him greatly and he immediately looked me up upon his return. He came to my quarters at the Temple to talk to me. I was happy to see him, but the look on his face let me know there was a problem.

“Talon, can I talk to you?”

I invited him in and we sat down in the living area of my quarters. Ben looked around. “Is your brother home?”

I shook my head. “He’s interning at the Temple infirmary.”

“Good,” Ben said as he fidgeted in his seat. “Talon, I don’t know if this means anything, but I talked to guards to Queen Kaie of Indupar.”

I immediately stiffened. I was sure this had something to do with Ema. I had finally got over her and I don’t need anything to rehash the pain. “And?”

Ben looked down at the floor nervously. “The Prince, Prince Marcus, I was told he is a Force-user.”

I looked at him blankly. “So?”

Ben blew out a frustrated breath. “Have you seen the boy?”

I shrugged. “Yeah, I know he looks like me, but I looked like the King.” I shook my head. “Ben, my mother already freaked out about the resemblance, but you know yourself that Queen Kaie was carrying the son of the King.”

“I know…it’s just that…well, you know that Ema is a stand-in for the queen for her safety. I was wondering if another child is acting as the body double for the Prince.”

My breath arrested in my lungs. “What?”

“Could Ema have been pregnant when she left? Were you using male repress meds?”

“I was nineteen, what do you think? She told me she was on repress meds.” I shook my head. “Two non-force-users can have Force sensitive children.”

"True." Ben ran his hands over his trousers nervously. “The only reason I mentioned it was because when I was told that little bit of information I just got a strange feeling. I don’t know if it was the Force whispering to me or not.”

I don’t remember Ben leaving my apartment. My mind was racing. I remember how my brother told me babies have a genetic predisposition to look like their father, and Prince Marcus was a dead ringer for me when I was a boy. Then the choice of his given name was also curious. Why name him Marcus? Ema knew that was my middle name. And why did she suddenly dump me when she arrived back to her homeworld? Did she know that when I found out she was pregnant I wouldn’t keep away…that I would give up everything… becoming a Jedi Knight, going to college and anything else to be with her and my child. Did she hide her pregnancy to keep me from doing that?

Did I have a child who was now being used as a body double for the real prince? Did I have a son being used as blaster-bait?

I felt sick and I knew I needed to get a hold of Ema.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Wow! I think Talon nailed it, i.e., Ema's reasons for acting as she did. Yup, this totally complicates things. [face_worried]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Oh my! Ema now is in such a trouble! I can only imagine Talon's feelings right now!:(

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Eeek! I'm not sure what to think. I hope it's just a freaky coincidence.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  23. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    And the plot thickens, can't wait till your next entry.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Talon and Ema in big trouble. What will be next?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh boy!! Things are getting trickier for all.