main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    There is nothing more pathetic than two bachelors playing holo-games on the weekend.

Lol. I can easily imagine that scene.

Talon needs to get a certain Karrde girl interested.

2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Life sucks majorly sometimes. But good thing to see him Knighted.

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, that IS ironic :(

At least Talon's professional life is moving along nicely.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice series of entries for this update showing the highs and lows. =D=

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Of course the real irony is their situation is almost exactly the same. Talon just doesn't know it yet.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice entries.
    He is a knight[face_dancing]

And his musings about Jacen. Is he the father of Allana?

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yes, but like in the profics Tenel Ka hid the fact. Jacen didnt even know she was pregnant when he left. He got a surprise when he returned. So Talon is clueless as to the paternity.

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Briannakin, Hazel, earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to review. I will be gone all next week chaperoning my son's class trip to Washington DC so I thought I would post a couple more updates before I leave.

Talon is finally a Jedi Knight. I wasn't sure when the Solo's got knighted in the profics, but I thought it was later than I expected. Talon is around 25 years old now. I guess that is a good age. They seem to become Masters in their thirties in the profics.

There are a couple things difficult with journals and that is it is in the view of the writer only. Talon doesn't know the situation between Jacen and Tenel Ka, so he is only guessing about their relationship (and guessing wrong). He also will never find out some of the secrets his father is keeping that came out of the previous fanfic Sacrifices. In that story Jacen had paid for a nanovirus to kill Ta'Chume...who needed killing because of all the assassination attempts she ordered on Tenel Ka and Allana. Unfortunately the Nanovirus went haywire and killed over a dozen royals. If Jacen's involvement was ever discovered the Hapan people would string him up. Mark and Tenel Ka's security chief cleaned up the evidence and orchestrated a huge cover up (unbeknownst to Luke or the Jedi). So that is a big secret that the readers of my previous fics know about but Talon doesn't. So he will be puzzled over some events that happen in the future.

Thanks everybody who has been reading this journal!

~JL~
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry 107

My parents have asked me (now that I am a Jedi Knight) if I will continue my studies by attending college. I told my father I would rather attend the GA School of Advanced Leadership and Tactics (GASALT). Like my father I prefer the military culture. I love the Jedi and I have no desire to leave, but I enjoy working with the GA military as a Jedi asset. My father has attended most of the military schools to include GASALT, the School of Advanced Military Studies, followed by the GA Warfare College. He said they were all great schools and upon completion a student will received a Masters of Military Arts and Science. That sounds good to me. There just aren’t any majors in the civilian colleges that really attract me. Ben went to college to get a criminal justice degree to help him in his job as Jedi Sentinel. Jaden went to medical school. As a Jedi Guardian it makes sense to go to the military colleges where I would study leadership, combat strategy and how to work with various planetary defense forces.

I am on the list to go and knowing my father he will pull some strings to expedite my application. I swear he has contacts all over the place.

Entry 108

Jaden finished medical school and his internship. He is now Doctor Jaden Tantiss: Jedi Healer extraordinaire (he hates it when I call him that). I think my mother is more proud about that Doctor designation than the one of Jedi Knight. When the family is out and about she always has to introduce her son as Doctor Jaden Tantiss….not Jedi Healer Tantiss.

You would think Jaden would use his doctor title to get the girls, but he never does. He is focused on work all the time. My brother is boring.

Entry 109

My son turned five years old last week. I wish I could have been there with him. Ema sent me a holo of his birthday party. Stang! Royal kids get one huge party! He had a lot of guests at the celebration. Most of them were adults who I assume were members of the Indupar elite. There were a few children who Marcus played with enthusiastically. During the holo I spied some aliens in the background. They were humanoid in shape but had dark fur, rodent facial features and wore turbans. I realized these were members of the H’drachi Seers. I guess they were there to make sure all went according to their plan…whatever that is.

There was something else that stood out. Alongside Queen Kaie there was a man in uniform who stood very close to her and would occasionally place his hand around her waist. When the holo operator zoomed in I recognized him as Captain Dentii. I was wondering about the relationship between the two when the holo operator spoke. I realized then it was Ema taking the holos. “My sister has taken the Commander of her Guard, Captain Suojus Dentii, as her consort,” Ema whispered into the holocamer microphone. “He’s the man who brought you to see me years ago.”

At that point I saw Captain Dentii pick up my son and put him on his shoulder. Marcus laughed in delight and I felt my heart clench. I was jealous and upset that some other man was raising my son. Ema must have known seeing this would upset me because she continued talking. “My sister thought having a male role model would be good for Marcus. I know you want to be that person. I’m sorry. If it makes you feel any better, which I doubt it will, Captain Dentii is probably the kindest man I have ever met…other than you.” There was a long pause as she filmed the party. “I think you two would get along well. Kaie didn’t wish to marry him without telling him the truth about Marcus. Suojus has been an advocate for you seeing your son. He grew up without a father and believes the Seers are wrong to keep you away. He believes Marcus will be angry at the deception when he comes of age.” At that point the holo ended.

I was heartened by what she said and I started to like the man already. Maybe he can one day convince the Seers that I should see my son.

Entry 110

In the last year I have been on endless missions. I am mainly attached to the Jump Troopers or Intelligence. I prefer the Jump Troopers, but Intelligence has its benefits. Since I am officially single I have been dating a few of the young female officers. Since I am on deployment I don’t have to worry about any long-term entanglements. That’s fine with me. Women are heartbreakers. At least Nalli’ti told me up front that she didn’t want a relationship. I now tell that to any woman I date. Unfortunately they never seem to believe me. Oh well.

~39.9 ABY~

Entry 111

I was walking toward the Temple today when I was surprised to hear my name called. I turned and saw a very sexy young lady walking up to me and smiling broadly. She was so beautiful I was momentarily stunned. When I realized who I was looking at I was absolutely shocked.

“Zylie?” I know the word came out sounding completely dumbfounded. It has been years since I’ve seen Talon Karrde’s youngest daughter. I think the last time was when she was fifteen. Back then she was a skinny, pimple-faced, flat-chested twerp…but now…Stang! Four years have elapsed and Karrde’s little girl was all grown up.

She had shoulder length silky brown hair that hung loose over her shoulders and framed a beautiful tanned face with perfectly sculpted cheekbones and full lips colored with a tantalizing red shade of lipstick. I know my jaw was hanging open as my gaze moved down her body to reveal ample breasts pressing against her tight tunic, a narrow waist, and graceful legs wrapped in tight leather pants.

I remember coughing as I tried to get the air back into my lungs. “Zylie, is that you?”

She gave me her trademark sarcastic smirk that let me know it actually was her. “Of course.” She looked me up and down appraisingly. “I heard you are a full Knight now and a big war hero with a bunch of medals. I’m impressed. That last time I saw you, you were being an immature jerk to me.”

I frowned. I can’t remember exactly what I said to her the last time we were together, but I am sure I wasn’t a jerk to her. “When was that?”

“It was during my father’s birthday party. You said I was as mean-tempered as my vornskr.”

I chuckled as I remembered that day. “I’m sorry Zylie. That was wrong of me. I meant to say your temper is worse than a vornskr. And you deserved it. If I remember correctly this was after you said, ‘Sic him Princess!’ and the next thing I know I have an angry animal with rows of sharp teeth barreling down on me.”

She laughed at me. “I stopped her before she bit off anything important.”

“Yeah, thanks.” I was already feeling annoyed. When it came to being around Zylie my Jedi calm went out the window. “Well, it’s nice to see you. Don’t be a stranger.” I then started walking back to the Temple as I tried to put some distance between this young temptress and me.

Zylie ran after me and grabbed my arm. “Talon, I’m sorry. Listen, I just enrolled in the university and I need help navigating this city world. I’m already lost.” She pulled out her datapad and punched at the touch screen. “I was supposed to go see your Uncle Luke when I arrived but I got all turned around and my global positioning program is all screwed up and sent me on a strange journey of the upper-levels. Can you show me to the temple?”

I let my gaze glide over her gorgeous body and I groaned inwardly. Zylie Karrde can only be trouble. She had grown into a woman who could temp a Bentu Monk out of his vow of chastity…and she is so off limits to me. Her father would murder me if I laid a hand on her. Not that I would want to touch her…much.

“Yeah, follow me,” I said as I led her to the Temple and the Grand Master’s office.

Entry 112

After I dropped off Zylie I went to my room where I found my brother and Jysella going over what looked like her college homework. Jysella decided to train as a Jedi Healer and has repeatedly asked my brother to help her with her college classes. She must be having problems in school because she is always in our apartment getting tutored by Jaden.

“Guess who I saw?” I said.

“Who?” my brother replied without looking up from the book he was reading.

“Zylie Karrde. She’s going to college here.”

“Did she get her vornskr to attack you again?” Jaden snickered as Jysella laughed at his comment.

“No, but she is incredibly hot now! I mean she could be a model. And she isn’t flat chested anymore she’s got huge…”

“Talon,” Jysella interrupted me. “Can you not objectify women while I’m around?”

“Sorry,” I said embarrassed. I grew up with Jysella and often see her as another one of the guys. “She is hot.”

“Are you going to go for it?” My brother asked with a wry grin.

“Hell no,” I said with a shake of my head. “If I touch Karrde’s little girl he’ll toss a ysalamiri into my room before he sends a whole pack of vornskrs to tear me apart. As far as I’m concerned Zylie Karrde is the most dangerous woman on the planet for me to be around.”

My brother gave me a sly smirk. “That sounds like a challenge and I know how much you love overcoming challenges.”

I shook my head. “Not this time.”

And I really meant it…but my mind kept floating back to Zylie in those tight, tight leather pants.

Force help me!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! JL! LOL Yuppers, he's noticed Zylie, all right ;) Girl's become a woman and no doubt :)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love his remarks about Zylie and about his son.
    And Jaden a doctor and boring? Healers are nice to write about;)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree. I think Talon thinks his brother is boring because he is not using his status as a doctor to score with the ladies. Talon doesn't think he has his priorities straight. :p

12. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I love this story, it's amazing work JL

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Talon is still young and is the one not thinking straight :p As for Jaden, I've always liked his character.

But I am glad things are getting better for Talon, or worse if you count Zylie LOL

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh Talon is smitten! I'm hoping his luck finally turns around.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yay! Zylie!! Things are looking up for Talon :D

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, Briannakin, EmeraldJediFire, newdawn12, earlybird-obi-wan and Nyota's Heart for reading and reviewing. I have been having fun writing Talon and Zylie so I thought I would post some more. I have finished writing the rough draft of the journal. I have gotten to the place where I want it to end. I think it is a good ending. You know I like happy endings.
    Thanks, I really appreciate your kind words. Usually OC stories don't get read. I really appreciate everybody that is taking the time to read and especially to write.
    Smitten is a kind word. I have a feeling in a few chapters he will be totally whipped. :p

Thanks again everybody! [:D]

~JL~

Entry 113

Over the next couple weeks Zylie kept stopping by to see me and my brother. She told me it was because she was overwhelmed by Coruscant. She was home-schooled (or I guess I should say, ship-schooled) aboard the Wild Karrde. She didn’t have a lot of social experience and her father always had a watchful eye on her, so she never had a boyfriend…and now she is dropped off on the most populated planet in the galaxy and expected to assimilate.

Stang, when she was talking to me about the situation I could sense her confusion and nervousness. She really was overwhelmed. I hate to admit it, but I felt a little sorry for her. I know our past encounters were a bit antagonistic, but we were both young. I shouldn’t hold that against her. So I decided to help her out by showing her around Coruscant…as a friend…a purely platonic relationship. That’s all.

One night a group of us Jedi decided to go out to the nightclub the Pandering Predator. I thought I would be nice and call up Zylie to see if she wanted to tag along. She said yes, so I borrow my dad’s cool red airspeeder (the one Mom calls the mid-life-crisis-mobile) and picked her up at her dorm.

I have to admit, she is gorgeous. She’s a real head-turner at the club. She was wearing casual attire, but somehow she made simple off-the-rack tunic and pants look like designer clothing.

We met up with Valin, Jysella, Ben and Jaden at the club.

“I think everybody here knows Zylie Karrde,” I said as Zylie and I took seats around the table with everybody else.

I noticed Valin’s eyes lit up upon seeing Zylie. They know each other, but I don’t think he has seen her since Anakin’s wedding.

“It’s nice seeing you again, Zylie,” Valin said as his eyes raked down her body.

I didn’t like the look in his eyes so I put an arm around Zylie’s shoulder protectively. “Forget about it Valin, Zylie’s my date tonight.” It was a lie, I know. She was just there as a friend, but I didn’t want him around Zylie. I felt I had an obligation as a family friend to defend her from the lecherous advances of Valin Horn. After all, Zylie is no Temple-yummy.

Zylie looked at my arm around her shoulder and then glanced over to me surprised. “I’m your date?” She stood and grabbed my hand. “Good, because I want to dance.”

I groaned inwardly. “Sure.” I asked Ben to order us some drinks as Zylie dragged me to the dance floor. It was a slow song so she put her arms up around my neck as I brought my arms loosely around her waist.

She gave me a knowing look. “Why are you suddenly so protective?”

I gave a slight roll of my eyes. “Valin’s a womanizer.”

She scoffed. “And you’re not?”

“No, I’m not…well not really. I am a minor league player compared to Valin.” I paused to collect my thoughts. “You are infinitely safer with me than him. He is a smooth operator.”

“I think I can handle myself,” she said sounding slighted.

“I’m sure you could,” I said with a slight sarcastic tone. “That’s why you keep calling me to help you adjust to this city-world.”

“I’ll stop calling you, if it’s a bother.”

“No,” I said quickly. “I don’t mind.” I was shocked that I became distressed at the thought of her not calling.

"What’s wrong with me?"

“Good,” she said with a smile and she leaned into me while dancing. I would feel the swell of her breasts pressed against my tunic and the smell of her perfume as she laid her head on my shoulder. I realize I am way over my head with this situation. Just touching her makes my heart and stomach flutter. I am not sure why, but I suspect her being off limits makes her than much more tantalizing to me.

The music stopped and she looked up at me with those mesmerizing hazel eyes. “You’re a good dancer.”

I laughed. “You are the first woman to tell me so. Usually I’m breaking toes.”

“I don’t believe that,” she said as she took my hand and we walked back to our seats.

Ben had gotten us a couple fruity drinks and handed one to Zylie as she sat down.

“So Zylie, how do you like college?” Ben asked.

“I’m liking it. I’m taking courses in information technology.”

Ben smirked. “In other words you are gaining a sound foundation of computers and communications so you can become a slicer.”

Zylie smirked back. “How’d you guess?”

Ben shrugged. “I just figured you might be going into the family business.”

“And you would be right. The way I see it, a slicer on a smuggler/Trader ship has to be much more exciting than sitting in a cubicle doing remote tech support for someone who simply needs to do a hardboot on their computer.”

“True,” Ben said. He looked down at his drink and then back up to Zylie. “How’s your sister Valla? I haven’t seen her lately.”

Zylie took a sip of her drink. “She finished college. She went to the University of Tyrena on Corellia and studied business management. She’ll run Dad’s business when he eventually retires…which I don’t see happening anytime soon.”

“Is she married or engaged?” Ben asked.

Zylie shook her head. “No, are you interested in applying for the position?”

I chuckled as Ben blushed. “No, I’m just catching up with old friends.” He stood and held out his hand to Zylie. “May I have this dance?” He looked over to me. “That is if your ‘date’ doesn’t mind.”

“I’m sure he won’t mind.” Zylie took Ben’s hand and followed him out to the dance floor. It was a fast dance but then the music faded into a slow romantic tune. I could see Zylie’s arms around his neck as she leaned against Ben’s shoulder…and it irritated me to no end. I have no idea why. We’re just friends. Zylie and I aren’t dating. I shouldn’t care. I shouldn’t, but I obviously do because I realized I was jealous.

My brother leaned across the table to whisper to me. “Wow, if looks could kill Ben would need a full bacta treatment right about now.”

I turned and glared at my brother. “What are you saying?”

He smirked. “I’m saying no matter how much you say you don’t want to date her…you do.”

“That’s not true.”

His smile grew wider. “Then I guess you wouldn’t mind if I danced with your date?”

Before I could answer I saw Jysella elbow my brother on the side. “You promised me the next dance.”

He gave her a strange look that I couldn’t quite identify. It was something between a smirk and a smile. “Of course.” He stood and held out his hand to Jysella. “I was just giving Talon a hard time.” They walked out to the dance floor where Jaden started showing off his impressive sensual slow dance moves that got Valin’s teeth grating in irritation.

I smirked. “I think your sister has a thing for my brother.”

Valin glared at my brother dancing with his sister for a moment before he gave a contemptuous shrug. “She’s always had a thing for him. I told her it was pointless. Jaden is worse than Jacen when it comes to scoring with women.” His eyes narrowed. “And he better stay that way because I will put the hurt on him if he touches my baby sister.”

I really wanted to say, ‘You mean more than he is touching her now’, but I decided I didn’t want my brother getting killed tonight. Instead I said, “She’s not a baby. She’s older than Zylie.”

Valin smirked. “What exactly is going on between you two?”

“Nothing,” I said. “We’re just friends.”

“So why didn’t you want me around her?”

I glared at him. “Because she’s a friend and I don’t want to see her hurt.”

Valin rolled his eyes. “You should talk.”

“I’m not going to hurt her. We’re just friends.”

“So you wouldn’t mind if Ben started dating her?” Valin asked with a snide look on his face.

I frowned. “Did Ben say he wanted to date her?”

“No, not outright at least. He just said she is beautiful…and she is.”

I looked at Ben and Zylie out on the dance floor. I shouldn’t have any problem with Ben dating Zylie. Ben’s a great guy. He would never break her heart. That is a relationship I should encourage. She would be better off with him than me. I come with a whole lot of baggage, to include an awful reputation and an out-of-wedlock son I never see.

It was then that I realized I was considering asking Zylie out on a date. I gave a mental shake of my head. I knew it wouldn’t work out. I had a horrible track record when it came to women. Zylie deserves better. No, I couldn’t ask her out. I can’t even consider it.

It’s not going to happen.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh Talon, your just so cute, too much like your Uncle Luke.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh yes, that is so!!! :* :* Jaden and Jysella has a nice ring to it. I love Talon trying to talk himself out of Zylie [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Absolutely wonderful, and I second what Bri said, that's immediately what sprang to mind for me too!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Talon has been burned, but I think he'll come around very soon. ;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    wonderful thoughts and love that about the midlife crisis speeder[face_laugh]

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks earlybird-obi-wan, Hazel, EmeraldJediFire, Briannakin and Nyota's Heart for reading and reviewing. I think Ema really hurt Talon. She dumped him and had his child and hid it. It has to make him wary of women. In Zylie's case I don't think he is scared that she will hurt him as much as he will hurt her. Like Luke in the profics, he thinks he may be cursed when it comes to relationships. He does well with dating ladies, but long term relationships have eluded him unless it was a situation like he had with Nalli'ti. They had an agreement not to be in a committed relationship...and for some reason Talon was able to handle that relationship. He was faithful, but I think the pressure was off him. He knew the relationship was not leading to something permanent. He can date for fun and he is a one-woman-at-a-time type of man, but the one time he got really serious about a woman his heart was crushed. So in his mind he sees relationships as painful...not the dating part. As long as it remains a shallow relationship he does well. So Zylie would not be a good dating partner. Even if Zylie wanted a friends with benefits relationship and she was fine with that...Talon knows her father would be furious with him. So he can't go there.

I was gone all week and in my head I wrote a few more scenes for this Zylie/Talon non-relationship.

~JL~

Entry 114

A few days later Zylie showed up at my apartment unexpectedly. I was a little surprised by her arrival, not only because she didn’t say she was coming over, but also it was getting late.

She stood outside my door wearing a really cute little black dress that got my heartbeat thumping. It looked like she was coming from or going to a semi-formal dinner. “Hey Zylie. What’s up?” I asked as I let her into my quarters.

“Nothing, I thought I would stop by to say ‘hi’ before I went back to my dorm.” She walked into the living area and waved at my brother who was watching the HoloNet. He smiled and gave her quick wave back before he turned his attention back to his show.

“Where’d you just come from?” I asked. “You look…that dress looks great on you.”

She looked down at her wardrobe and smiled at my compliment. “You like it? Nothing beats a little black dress when you are not sure what to wear.” She pirouetted allowing me to see how the outfit hugged her gorgeous figure. It was a long strapless dress that made me wonder how the hell did it stay up on her body and how did she keep certain parts in her anatomy from falling out of the dress?

I swallowed hard and hoped my voice didn’t crack like a fourteen-year-old boy when I spoke. “Yes, it’s….” I took a deep breath. “It’s very nice.”

“Thanks. Ben said the same thing.”

I know my jaw tightened slightly. “Ben? You were out with Ben?” My stomach clenched when I realized Ben obviously had no reservations about dating Zylie. I gave a soft sigh and then smiled. “Did you two have fun?”

She smiled as she walked over to my brother to see what he was watching. “I had dinner with his family. I had a good time. Ben seemed flustered and flushed all night. I think he is coming down with something.”

I contained an amused snort. I bet I know what got Ben flustered. Ha!

“The Grand Master said he will give me a ride back to the University, but I told him I wanted to stop by and see you two first. I don’t want to bother him. I’m going to take the public transit back. I’ve been practicing getting around Coruscant using the hovertrain and I think I have it down now.”

I looked her up and down and realized there was no way in the Nine Corellian Hells I was going to let her take the hovertrain home dressed like that, especially after dark. “Let me get my cloak and I’ll escort you back to your dorm,” I said as I grabbed my belt off the side table and put on my lightsaber.

“You don’t need to do that,” she protested weakly, but I could tell she was happy to have the company. I pulled on my cloak and opened the door for her.

“So are you and Ben dating?” I asked as we walked out of the temple and toward the hover train station. I have no idea why this question was running through my brain frantically.

She gave a soft laugh. “No, not that I’m not attracted to him. He has beautiful blue eyes” (I’m thinking, ‘like mine’). “He looks like he spends a lot of time in the gym. He is very muscular” (‘not as muscular as I am’, I thought). “And he is so shy and sweet” (okay, he may have me in that department). “But, I have a friend who is very interested in him and I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize our friendship…so he is off limits to me.”

When I felt my body relax, I once again admonished myself for even considering a relationship with this beautiful woman. I’m bad news when it comes to females.

“Ben has a secret admirer?”

She gave me a coy look. “Yes.”

“Who is it?”

She shook her head. “Now, it wouldn’t be a secret if I told you.”

We arrived to the transport platform and swiped our ride-cards to board the train. We sat down in the cushioned seats as we looked out the transparasteel windows and watched the city zip by us. “How’s school?”

She gave a delicate shrug. “It’s fine, but I discovered that information technology is a male dominated field. I guess I shouldn’t complain, but I'm getting tired of socially inept men making awkward attempts at flirtation.” She laughed softly. “It’s almost painful. I had one guy ask me if I would accompany him to some geeky science fiction HoloCon convention.” She smirked. “He said he dresses as a Hapan pirate like in the Holo Pirates of the Mists.”

I smiled. I am secretly a fan of Pirates of the Mists, but my nerdish pursuits are restricted to the Holos and novels. I don’t costume play, collect toys or do rollplaying games. “Don’t be too hard on the man. It is a great Holo.”

She turned and looked at me with a smirk. “You’re a fanboy? Aren’t you?”

I blushed. “Slightly.”

She laughed and touched my arm as she leaned her head against my shoulder. “The man who has more adventures than probably any real Hapan pirate is a Mists Fanboy. That’s cute.”

There was that classic Zylie sarcasm I’ve known all my life, but for some reason it didn’t irritated me as much now as when we were younger.

“Here’s my stop.” She gave me a bright smile. “Did you want to see my dorm room? That last time you came to pick me up we met in the lobby.”

Oh boy, that probably is a very, very bad idea. My brain said ‘no’, but for some reason my mouth said ‘yes’. She grinned happily as she wrapped her arm around mine and we walked onto the university grounds.

“Do you have a roommate?” I asked and I really hoped she did because I needed a chaperone to keep me in check. Damn that dress she was wearing was killing me. I am surprised she hadn’t slapped me because my eyes were continuously drifting down to her cleavage. I couldn’t help it. How does that dress stay up? She’s not flat chested. There must be repulsor-lifts somewhere sewn into the fabric.

We walked into the large lobby and she stuttered stepped when she saw a group of men standing and talking across the way. I looked down at her. “What is it?”

She sighed. “Two of the five men there have been persistently hinting in class that they are interested in me. I don’t want to be harsh with them because they are so nice, but they know I’m not dating anyone and…” she stopped and looked up at me and I could see a mischievous glint in her eyes. “If I can convince them I’m dating somebody, maybe they will leave me alone.” She leaned in and whispered to me. “Can you please pretend you are my boyfriend for a few minutes?"

“I don’t know about that,” I was able to say before she hugged me tightly.

As she pulled away she gave me a very sensual smile. “Thank you for a wonderful date,” she said a little louder than normal. “Come on up to my room and we can have a drink.”

Before I could say anything she grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the turbolifts. On the way there we passed the group of men whose eyes were transfixed on her dress…or at least parts of her body under that dress. “Hi Steben, Jalloj,” she waved at two of the men. She then turned to me. “This is my boyfriend Talon. He’s a Jedi Knight and a Jump Trooper.”

When I just stood there speechless she elbowed me in the side. “These are a couple students from my computer classes.”

I regained my composure and offered them my hand in greeting. Both men looked up at me slack jawed. They weren’t short by normal standards but I was at least a quarter of a meter taller than them and my large muscular frame probably outweighed them by thirty kilograms. One man was brave enough to shake my hand and I saw him stare nervously as his much smaller hand disappeared into my grip. It’s a good thing I’m not as big as my father, because I would have probably given him a heart attack. “It’s nice to meet you. Zylie told me so much about the men she's attending class with.”

The man whose hand I was shaking blanched and I could feel his palm become sweaty. “I…ah…I didn’t know Zylie was dating anybody,” he finally said almost apologetically. He must be wondering what Zylie said to me.

I gave him a wide smile. “Zylie and I have been friends since we were children, but we didn’t start dating until she started school here.” I was really surprised how that lie came out of my mouth so easily.

Zylie pulled on my arm as the lift doors opened. “Come on Talon. Time to go.” She looked to the two men. “See you guys in class.” They both gave her a wave and I could see the disappointment in their eyes. I guess I dashed their hopes of getting a date with Zylie.

We got into the lift and when the doors closed she laughed. “Talon, when you shook Steben’s hand I thought he was going to wet himself.”

I frowned. Jedi are not supposed to be intimidating people. “Is he the pirate boy?” I asked.

She laughed again. “No that is Jalloj. Steben likes to dress up like an ancient Sith Lord like in the holo Rise of the Sith.” She laughed some more as she leaned against me for support. “I guess seeing a real Jedi scared the poodoo out of him.”

“Zylie, I shouldn’t be used to scare people like that.”

She gave me a confused look. “Why not?”

I shrugged. “I just don’t like to use the robes and saber to intimidate people.”

She scoffed. “I really don’t think the robes and the lightsaber are what intimidated them. You could have been naked and unarmed and they would have been frightened.”

I had to laugh at that visualization. “I wouldn’t blame them. I would think a naked two meter tall, muscle bound man would be even more frightening to run into.”

She looked me up and down and for a moment I got the impression she was visualizing me nude. “Well, maybe to men. I am sure the ladies would have a different reaction.”

I didn’t say anything to that comment. The doors opened and we exited to her floor. “Come on.”

She brought me to her dorm room door. “Daddy paid for me to have a private room.” She punched in her keycode and the door slide open. She walked in and then turned to me questioningly when I didn’t enter. “Come on in.”

I took a deep breath. “Zylie, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Her brow furrowed. “Why not?”

My eyes slowly raked down her body. That dressed looked great on her. I really needed to leave, because at that moment the only thing I thought would look better on her than that dress… would be me. I started to sweat and I tried to think about shockball in an effort to get my mind off this seductress. “Zylie, I have training early tomorrow morning. I have to go.”

“Oh, okay,” she said sounding disappointed. “Will I see you…or your brother later?”

“Yeah…I’ll give you a call tomorrow.” I started my retreat to the lifts. “Bye,” I said before I quickly removed myself from temptation.

I think I am fighting a losing battle.

Entry 115

I promised to call Zylie the next day, so I felt obligated to do so. I didn’t want her to think I was rude after all. We talked on the comlink daily after that. I was still determined to keep things platonic and so far so good, but after a few weeks a strange thing happened. I didn’t think it conceivable, but Zylie’s snarky attitude grew on me. We weren’t dating…at least not technically, but we are going out all the time as friends.

Friends is okay with me since I am not in the market for a relationship. After Nalli’ti graduated and left Coruscant I had been satisfied with occasionally dating different ladies. I would go out with a woman for a few weeks…right up to that point when she began hinting about a committed relationship. When I reminded her that I was upfront about not wanting anything long-term she would often leave me in a huff. I guess women expect me to change my mind. I just don’t want to have my heart broken again by getting too emotionally involved.

Now after weeks of hanging around Zylie, I find myself in a predicament. Zylie is just a friend and I am determined to keep her that way, but I think she starting to see me as a potential boyfriend…meaning if I date other women that would probably hurt her…even though Zylie and I not officially dating…we haven’t even kissed.

But, if I don’t want to possibly hurt her, my only other option is to become a sexless monk while she is attending school and hanging out with me.

When I brought to my concerns to my brother he wasn’t any help.

“You can start a relationship with Zylie,” he said while we were sitting in our apartment living room. “You two get along well enough…and she is absolutely gorgeous. You’re never going to do better.”

"It's not a good idea,” I said.

My brother looked over from the HoloNet show he was watching. “Are you saying you are not attracted to her? That you wouldn’t want to get romantic with her? If so you’re an idiot.”

“I didn’t say that,” I replied a bit annoyed. “She is beautiful and we have a wonderful time together, it’s just…I don’t know.” I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. “I would love to date her, but I know I’ll screw it up. I am not going to hurt Zylie and get her family and our family furious with me.”

My brother shrugged. “Then stop hanging around her all the time…even if it is just as friends…because I can tell she wants more. Stop leading her on before she gets hurt.”

I nodded. “I should…I will. I’ll explain the problem to her.”

My brother looked up from his holonet show and smiled. “Good luck with that. Zylie is one stubborn woman.”

Damn! He’s right, but what has to be done has to be done.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    “Ben has a secret admirer?”

OH! That whole situation is just so cute!!

Great update. I can totally understand why Talon doesn't want to be used as an intimidating figure, but from a girl's perspective, I know how annoying unwanted attention can be.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Talon is a gorgeous man getting attraction from the ladies. He sure has his difficulties

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    These two are fun together ;)