main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, I enjoyed this update!!!!! Talon and Zylie are so wonderful together, ;) Everything you're writing about them is so IC and real to our world as well =D= Now, how to get Talon from thinking any relationship will lead to catastrophe and to realizing Zylie is NOT Ema thankfully! :p [face_thinking]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Jaden is such a good brother, hopefully Talon can make the right choice and find the right words

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Briannakin, earlybird-obi-wan, Hazel, Nyota's Heart, and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to review. Zylie being the daughter of Karrde (the man Talon is named after and Mark's good friend) complicates matters with Talon. A falling out between Zylie and Talon could result in hard feelings between two families who have been friends for decades. He really is scared about screwing up, but she just is too enticing to him. He is having trouble resisting.

~JL~

It took me a few days, but I finally worked up the courage to tell Zylie my concerns about our growing friendship. I know I should have invited her over to my apartment to talk, but I was a little nervous about how she would react to my withdrawal from our friendship. Withdrawal really isn’t the right word, because I wasn’t exactly withdrawing. I still wanted to remain friends. I was just trying to cool down what seemed to be a friendship on the road to romance.

Of course, withdrawing, cooling down…it’s all semantics. The bottom line is I was going to tell her something she might not like, so I decided to invite her out to dinner at a nice restaurant and then discuss this with her. I figured in a public place she wouldn’t make a scene if she didn’t take the news well (looking back I realize that could have really blown up in my face if she did make a big scene. I probably would have ended up as the lead story in some sleemo tabloid. Sometimes I’m an idiot.).

Getting back to my story… we were at the restaurant and had finished our meal of bantha steaks. Zylie was aimlessly chitchatting about her classes when I finally blurted out what I had in mind. “Zylie, we have to talk.”

She stopped and looked at me nervously. “About what?”

I took a deep breath and let it out. “Zylie, I think we should ease up on seeing each other so much.”

Her brow rose and her eyes took on a hurt look. “And why is that?”

“Zylie, I think I may have been giving you the wrong impression about…us,” I said as I shifted in my seat uneasily. “Now, don’t take this the wrong way; you are a beautiful woman, I genuinely enjoy your company and I really, really like you, but we both know we’re never going to be more than just friends.”

Her eyes narrowed. “Not that I asked to be more than friends,” she said in a frosty tone. “But out of sheer curiosity…why couldn’t we become more than friends?”

I raised an eyebrow in disbelief. “Why? Because your dad would skin me alive if he knew we were hanging out together.”

She gave me her distinctive ‘Zylie Karrde’ stubborn look that I am oh-so-familiar with. “I didn’t realize the mighty Jedi is scared of my father.”

Despite the scorn in her voice I had to laugh. “Well, I am. Him and his pack of Jedi-eating vornskrs.”

“This is ridiculous,” she said frustrated. “My dad likes you.”

“As a friend of the family,” I pointed out. “He would definitely not be happy if he found out we been going out together. You should be dating guys that you could have a future with…like Steben; he’s a nice and shy computer student that I’m sure your father would approve of.”

Zylie made a face and a sound of disgust.

I blew out a frustrated breath. “Zylie, you know we can’t be a couple. I think we really should limit the time we hang out together. I don’t want either of us to get hurt emotionally.”

She gave me a dramatic roll of her eyes. “We're not having sex. I don’t know why you are making a big deal about this. We’re just friends.”

I nodded. “True, but Zylie, we’ve been getting close, really close and… and I suspect you want more.”

She averted her eyes. “I wouldn’t mind if it turned out to be more, but I’d be satisfied if we just remained friends.”

“Really,” I asked incredulously. “Tell me…would you be upset if I started dating another woman and became intimate with her? Would you be able to see me just as a friend and give me well wishes about my new relationship?”

Her face fell. “Is that what this is about? Having sex? I’m not putting out and you want to go find somebody who does?”

I was taken aback at her words and the utter sadness behind them. “No…I didn’t mean that. Why would you think that? I haven’t even hinted about sex. I am not expecting that from you.” My voice rose slightly in frustration and I noticed some restaurant patrons turned their heads our way. I now really wished we discussed this in a private setting. I lowered my voice and continued. “All I am saying is we can’t be a couple, I don’t want to lead you on and give you the impression that there’s a possibility that we can be more than friends. And if I do find somebody I want to be romantic with, I don’t want it to hurt you.”

She folded her arms across her chest and glared at me. “You already hurt me, Talon. You are throwing away our friendship because you’re afraid. I don’t think you are afraid of hurting me as much as you are afraid you might actually fall for me and then you’ll have to follow a straight and narrow path. If you have a relationship with me there would be consequences if you used me up and threw me aside like I heard you have done with other women.”

“What? I don’t use up and discard women,” I said flustered. “Where do you hear these rumors?” I stopped and sighed heavily while lowering my head. “You’re right. If I date you I would have to be on my best behavior and make sure I don’t screw up. That’s a lot of pressure—because I always screw up.” I gazed into her eyes. “Zylie, I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't care for you deeply.”

Her features softened as she reached across the table and grasped my hand in hers. “Talon, if you want to date somebody else, that’s fine, but don’t just dump me out of your life. I really like hanging out with you and your friends.” She gazed at me with those beautiful deep dark eyes. “Why are you bringing this up now? Is there somebody you want to date?”

I looked away and felt my gut churning nervously. I shouldn’t have eaten a big meal before discussing such an impassioned topic. I closed my eyes and took a few deep, calming breaths as I tried to call on the Force for guidance. It was then that I felt a strange stirring in the Force that I have never felt before.

I had discussed the possibility of shatterpoints with Ben once before and for some reason I got the distinct impression that I was sitting on the mother-of-all shatterpoints—right here and now. Whatever I said or did in the next few minutes could change my life forever. Unfortunately, I had no idea what I should do. My brain told me to continue with my plan, but my heart fought against it.

I looked up to Zylie and knew I had to tell her the truth, no matter what the consequences. “To be honest,” I stammered. “There is someone I want to date.”

She released my hand and sat back. “Oh, I didn’t know. I shouldn’t have been occupying all your time.” She took a shuttering breath. “Is it somebody I know?”

I gazed deep into her eyes and confessed. “Yes…it’s you.”

Kriff…I knew I couldn’t break it off. I really hoped I was doing the right thing. Somehow I think I did, because as soon as I said the words it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and my sense of unease vanished.

I saw Zylie’s eyes light up and a wide smile blossom across her face. “I would like to date you also.”

I grinned broadly but then held up my hand in a stopping motion. “Okay, if we’re going to do this, we’ll need some ground rules.”

She raised an eyebrow but nodded for me to continue. “I want to go slow with this courtship. And I mean real slow… so no sex for at least six months. If this doesn’t work out I want to be able to tell your father I never laid a hand on you. I think within six months we will be able to tell if this is going to work out or not.”

She gave a soft snort. “I don’t know.”

“What?”

She threw her hands up in gesture of disbelief. “Look at you Talon.” She pointed to me. “You are two meters of rock hard muscle with a sexy face and who, according to the HoloNet tabloids, is a demi-god in bed.” She grinned. “I, on the other hand, am a nineteen-year-old virgin. How can I possibly resist you for six months?”

I guffawed. “You are just going to have to dig deep and find some willpower little girl.”

She threw her napkin at me and snickered. “I’ll try, Jedi Tantiss, I’ll try. And if you say, ‘Do or do not, there is no try', I will stick Princess on you.”

“I don’t want that. That animal has a fascination with my crotch.”

Zylie raised an amused eyebrow. “She’s not the only one I am told.”

I tossed her napkin back at her. “Knock it off and let’s plan our first official date.”

She smiled. “I thought you would never ask.”

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Daww! I hope there aren't too many kinks in their relationship.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] SQUEEEEEE! He did so say the right thing! :) :)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Six months, ha? We'll see about that!:p

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Go for each other. Love to see Talon and Zylie together

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    They are so adorable

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    These two are so cute!

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, EmeraldJediFire, earlybird-obi-wan, Demendora, Nyota's Heart and Briannakin for reading and taking the time to review. I think Talon is way over his head with Zylie. :p We are getting close to the time where my story Sacrifices started. If you remember when Mark contacted Karrde he was told Talon Tantiss was aboard the Wild Karrde and was dating Zylie. So Karrde is going to know about the relationship soon. Poor Talon. :D

Thanks everybody for reading.

~JL~

Entry 117

I returned to my apartment after dropping Zylie off at her dorm. My brother was sitting in the living area doing some sort of data work; he was probably researching medical stuff again. He looked up from his datapad and smirked at me. “You’re back and in one piece. How did your talk with Zylie go?”

I gave him my best disinterested shrug. “Fine.” I hoped he would drop the subject, but my brother has inherited my mother’s knack of knowing when I am lying. He sat back on the couch and gave me a disbelieving snort. “So you told her you want to stop seeing her so often and she said she was fine with that?”

“Sort of,” I said elusively as I went to the cooling unit to grab some flavored bottled water.

“So, Zylie, the most stubborn person I have ever met simply rolled over and went along with your plan to not see each other as much?”

“Basically.”

My brother chuckled and shook his head. “You couldn’t do it, could you?”

My head dropped in embarrassment. “No.”

He stood and walked over to the kitchen to get his own drink. “Please tell me you’re not married…because knowing Zylie she probably could have convinced you to elope with her tonight if she wanted to.”

I dropped down in my reclining chair. “I’m not like dad. I’m not going to let a woman get me whipped,” I said defensively.

My brother laughed. “You may not be whipped yet, give it time.”

I took a swig of my drink and glared at my brother. “Why do you say that?”

“Because she is probably the most beautiful woman I’ve seen you hang around with. Beautiful women have a way of taming males.”

“She’s not going to tame me,” I assured my brother.

My brother snorted a laugh. “Oh please! Zylie’s always been able to put you in your place. And, she has always found a way to get what she wants, and I am fairly sure she’s wanted you for some time.”

“What? That’s preposterous. Have you seen us together when we were younger? We fight and then she gets a large animal to attack me. We don’t exactly have a great history together.”

“Don’t you get it?” My brother said as he sat back down. “Children show their interest in the opposite sex by teasing and irritating the object of their affection. The way I see it, her harassing and antagonizing you for the last decade indicates she had a crush on you.”

I shook my head in disbelief. “I’m six years older than her. She wouldn’t have a crush on me.” I hesitated when I realized Ema was six years older than me and I had much more than a crush on her. Maybe Jaden’s theory wasn’t too farfetched.

My brother shrugged. “It is common for young girls to be attracted to older boys…especially the bad boy…you know, the one that would really drive her parents crazy if she dated him.” He gave me a mischievous smirk.

My brow furrowed with doubt. “You really think she’s had a crush on me this whole time?”

“Sure. She’s never harassed me, Ben, the twins, Jacen, Anakin or Valin for that matter…only you.”

I took a sip of my drink and thought about it. Could it be possible? Zylie always did go out of her way to bug me, and that would explain why she has been very flirtatious with me since her arrival on Coruscant.

I looked over to my brother. “We decided to start dating. Do you think I’m doing the right thing? I don’t want to break her heart.”

Jaden set his drink down on the caf table in front of him and looked at me intently. “Talon, although it kills me to say this…you are not a bad guy.” He took a deep breath let it out. “I know you have a terrible reputation as a womanizer, but we both know you don’t take advantage of women. I’ve never heard you tell a girl what she wanted to hear just to get her in bed. I’ve never known you to date more than one woman at a time. You’ve never cheated on a girlfriend. If you were the womanizing monster that the tabloids portray you as, you wouldn’t be fretting about dating Zylie. You’d simply date her and not given a flying-frack whether she got hurt or not.”

I was taken aback by my brother’s kind words. Usually he was telling me I was an idiot in his not-so-loving brotherly way. “Thanks Jaden.”

He sighed. “Listen Talon, you got your heart broken and now you think you can’t handle relationships, but it’s not true. You spent years dating Nalli’ti.”

I was about to say something but he put up a hand stopping me. “Yeah, I know you two had a friends-with-benefits arrangement…but I never saw you or her ever date anybody else once you two hooked up. You and Nalli’ti had a very real and monogamous relationship…for years! This proves you can handle relationships. Just be honest and faithful to Zylie and it’ll work out.”

“You think so?”

“Sure. You and Zylie will be fine. Unless I decide to steal her away from you, and then you’re screwed.”

I scoffed. “Yeah, like that’s going to happen.”

My brother laughed. “You’re right. I couldn’t handle Zylie. You are a braver man than I.” He held up his drink and gave me a salute. “To Zylie and Talon.”

I raised my bottled water. “I’ll drink to that.”

Entry 118

Our first real date was fun. I brought Zylie to the Coruscanti Adventure Aquarium. It was interesting seeing aquatic creatures from across the galaxy. There was everything from Grimwaldi Sponges to Dozoisian sharks to Opee Sea Killers from Naboo. We then went and had some spicy Gargon gumbo that we found at a nice diner a few blocks from the aquarium.

Afterwards we went back to my apartment at the Temple to watch a holofilm. It was an action adventure with lots of explosions and blasterfire, which was a relief. I really don’t like watching girlie-holoflicks. Oh, in the past I’d watch them with a girlfriend…usually for the sole purpose of making out afterwards…but since that was not on the agenda with Zylie and me…then I’d rather not have to endure watching a love story.

After the holo ended Zylie looked over to me and said. “I have a question about this no-sex-for-six-months pledge.”

“And that is?” I asked curiously.

“What is your definition of sex?”

I chuckled. “My definition of sex is whatever your father would deem as me having sex with his daughter. The entire objective is for me not to be killed by your dad.”

“I know, but what do you think he would object to?”

I groaned in frustration. “I would think he would be upset if this part of my body,” I motioned to my groin area. “Touched any part of your body from here to here.” I motioned from the top of her head down to her toes. It looked like she was going to object so I quickly continued. “In addition, I think if this part of my body,” I motioned my hands around my head and face. “Comes into contact with any part of your body from between here.” I pointed to her neck. “To here.” I pointed to her knees. “Your father would have my offending head removed forcibly and probably in the most painful manner imaginable.”

She smirked at me. “Then that means this part of your body.” She reached up and put a delicate finger on my lips. “Would be okay to touch this part of my body.” She brought her finger back to touch her lips. She then leaned in and kissed me.

Force! What a sweet kiss. My arms moved by their own volition and wrapped around her waist to pull her closer until she was almost on my lap. After a moment we pulled apart and she gave me a shy look. “How was that?”

“Wonderful,” I said.

“I only kissed a couple guys before when I was younger. I don’t think they knew what they were doing and neither did I. That’s definitely the best kiss I’ve ever had.”

I grinned. “Thank you.”

“Can you teach me how to do a ‘Corellian soul kiss’?”

I cleared my throat nervously. “You mean a deep, open mouth kiss?”

She smiled broadly. “Yes, I want to make sure I’m doing it right.”

I was beginning to get very uncomfortable with the direction this night was heading. How in the galaxy would I make it through six months of chastity with this nineteen-year-old exquisite woman enticing me? “Zylie, this is just our first official date. I don’t want to die from sexual frustration so early in our courtship.”

She found that extremely funny. “Fine…maybe I’ll get farther along with you on our second date.” She raised a questioning eyebrow. “Which is…when?”

I shrugged. “I have training classes this week during the day, but I am free in the evenings.”

“Tomorrow night?”

“Sure,” I said. “That would be perfect.”

I then escorted Zylie back to her dorm room…and I did give her a quick lesson in ‘Corellian soul kissing’ before I left her room. She’s a quick learner.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! Yes, indeedy, good! Progress [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice talk between the brothers and sweet to see him with Zylie

13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Woof! lol sorry that's my new response to anything remotely steamy lol even if only a tad

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Heehehehe. Talon is going to have a LONG 6 months!

15. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Yep,Talon is in trouble...again. Lol![face_laugh]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The best kind, though, because he doesn't have to worry about being kicked to the curb by Zylie. :)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That's true, not that he knows it at this time. But I would think there would be pressure on Zylie not to dump Talon because of their two families history together. If she did something mean like dump him or cheat on him I am sure it would put tension between the two families. So both sides probably want to be on their best behavior.

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh Talon, Talon... You are in for a very long six-months, although I doubt they'll make it that long.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, Nyota's Heart, Briannakin, Demendora, earlybird-obi-wan and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to review. I think Talon is in for a long, long six months. Especially since I really don't think Zylie wants to wait that long. :pShe is away from home for the first time and has a taste of freedom...I think it is Girls-Gone-Wild!

~JL~

Entry 119

I shouldn’t have made the no sex for six months rule because I think Zylie is having fun tempting me. Either that or she usually dresses in outfits that a Zeltron would deem immodest. I swear if her father ever saw her clothing he would have a conniption.

The upside is I am perceived as the luckiest kriff in the universe.

Entry 120

Zylie had some time off during the weekend so she asked if she could watch me spar. I told her no problem. So I arrange for Ben and me to spar in the gym. I escort Zylie to the observation booth before going down to the sparring arena where Ben and I prepared to fight.

“Do you want to use practice sabers or real ones?” Ben asked.

I smirked. “Real ones that will really impress Zylie.” I looked up to her and waved.

Ben chuckled. “I’ll give her something to be impressed with. He then took off his tunic exposing his bare chest. He flexed his muscles a few times and gave me a smug look. “Is she looking at me?”

I looked up at Zylie. “She’s laughing so she must be looking.” I snickered. “You have freckles on your shoulders also?”

Ben grinned. “When I win, maybe I’ll let Zylie connect the dots.”

I punched Ben on the shoulder. “Don’t even think about it.”

I know Ben is just joking, but not to be outdone I took my tunic off also.

Ben gave me a mischievous look. “I heard your dad is banned from sparring shirtless.”

I shrugged. “He can’t help it if women find Tantiss men so attractive.”

“Let’s see how attractive you look after I trounce you in front of your girlfriend.”

“Ha!” I said…and it would actually be funny if I didn’t know that Ben was much better than me with the lightsaber. Like my father, I would rather take on the enemy with a blaster.

My Uncle Luke once told me the lightsaber is an elegant weapon from a more civilized age. Really? Decapitating people with a lightsaber is much more civilized than putting a blaster bolt into the enemy? That never made any sense to me.

We ignited our lightsabers and circled around each other looking for an opening for the first strike. Ben made the first move. He swung his blade toward my head. I brought up my saber and blocked… and I was positive that I heard Zylie gasp in terror. Occasionally I had a chance to look over to her. She had her eyes partially covered with her hands and was peeking out between her fingers.

Ben and I put on an impressive show with lots of flips, Force shoves, strikes and parries until we were covered with sweat. I looked up to the viewing stand and noticed that almost a dozen young female apprentices were watching our performance. I signaled to Ben to end the session. We both deactivated our sabers and shook hands. “Ben, I think your fan club is here.”

Ben looked up to the young women and gave them a wave. I swear I saw one swoon. I thought that only happened in holofilms. At that moment a scary thought popped into my head. I hope those young women weren’t saying anything about me because I am not sure what Zylie would do or say in response. “Thanks Ben,” I said as I pulled on my tunic and quickly moved toward the viewing area. “I better get up there before tongues start wagging.”

When I got to the observation booth a number of the female apprentices turned my way and smirked. I quickly grabbed Zylie around the waist and gave her a deep, intimate kiss. When we broke apart I noticed a couple of the women were blushing. I suspect they might have made some comments about me in front of Zylie. I gave her a sensual smile. “Let’s go to my quarters. I need to shower and dress and then we can go do something.”

Zylie smiled smugly. “Yes, let’s get you into a shower.” She then slapped my bottom. Okay, she’s marking her territory and letting the other ladies know I’m off limits.

As we walked toward my apartment she was giggling under her breath. “Okay,” I said. “What did those women say that is so amusing?”

She lifted a hand up to stifle her laughter. “Stang Talon, you have one outlandish reputation.”

I groaned. “What was it now? Was it about me sleeping through various sororities while dressed up as a bounty hunter?”

She laughed but then gave me a serious look. “Did you do that?”

I shook my head. “No. And I didn’t father Lorria Bentess’ child.”

“The holo actress? I didn’t know you knew her.”

“I never met her. The tabloid writers must think I can impregnate women by looking at them funny.”

“And what look would that be?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know, how about this.” I then puckered my lips and closed my eyes in an over exaggerated display of emotion.

She smacked my shoulder. “I better not be pregnant now or you will have to face Daddy.”

“I don’t want that.” I gazed down at her and smiled. “Did they say anything bad about me?”

She gave a disbelieving shake of the head. “The women were talking about your reputation as a ladies’ man. They said it is rumored that you had slept with dozens of women over the years.”

“That’s not true.”

Zylie laughed. “That’s what one of the women said. Her theory is this womanizing reputation was invented by you to disguise the fact that you prefer the company of men.”

I stopped in my tracks. “What?”

“You heard me. And honestly, it would make a great cover story.”

“That is absolutely untrue.” I shook my head. “Who did they think I was dating?”

“Who’s Raynar?”

I gagged. “Zylie, if I ever decided to swing that way it would be with somebody with a personality and much better looking.” I gave her an evil grin. “I would clone myself to date.”

“You’re bad.”

“How could I not go that route?” I joked. “I am the epitome of male perfection and drop dead gorgeous.”

She shook her head. “It wouldn’t work. You’d eventually think you’re too good for your clone and dump him.”

I nodded. “That’s probably true. I bet my clone would be a conceited narcissist who thought he was the Force’s gift to both man and womankind.”

She gave a soft snort. “You are unbelievable.”

“That’s what I’m told,” I kidded.

We got to my quarters and inside was my brother playing a hologame with Jysella. I have no idea why my brother keeps inviting her over. I can’t believe he was lecturing me about not leading Zylie on, but here he is totally oblivious to the fact that Jysella obviously has a crush on him. Oh well, Valin warned his sister that my brother is as clueless as Jacen when it came to women.

Jysella waved at me and smiled wildly when we entered. “I got a new Hologame. It’s called Jedi Vs. Sith Unbound. You want to join us.”

I shook my head. “No, I need to shower. Maybe Zylie will play.”

“Maybe later, I need to catch up with some messages sent to me.” She pulled out her datapad and sat down at our small kitchen table.

I took a shower and dressed. When I came out Zylie was playing the hologame and totally trouncing my brother and Jysella. Ha! She ended up decapitating their holo characters with her glowing red lightsaber. She then got up off the couch and did the ‘I won!’ dance. My brother looked a little putout that a non-force user beat him in a Jedi/Sith hologame.

Zylie smiled at my brother. “Don’t feel bad. I am a level twelve Sith Lord in this game. They play it in my dorms…all the time. The place is full of Information Technology geeks after all.” She walked over to me and gave me an apologetic smile. “Talon, I need to go to the university to attend a last-minute study group.”

“Okay, I’ll escort you back.”

“No need. I have the mass transit schedule and routes memorized now. I can get to the university with no problems.” She wrapped her arms around my neck and then stood on her toes to me a brief kiss on the lips. She stepped away and turned to Jaden and Jysella. “I’ll see you later.” With that said she walked out of our apartment.

Jysella and Jaden began another game and started to drive me crazy. They would yell at the hologame every time their character did something extremely well or horrifically bad. I went back to my room to avoid all the noise. After about a half hour my datapad light flickered indicating I had a text message. I picked it up and saw it was from Zylie. It said:

‘I had fun today stud’.

I smiled. ‘So did I’, I wrote back.

I was a little shocked by her response. ‘Next time maybe we can shower together.’

Whoa…that is going a little fast. ‘I don’t think that would be a good idea.’

‘I can’t help it. I want to make love to you again and feel your hands all over my body.’

I was a bit confused? Again? We’ve haven’t had sex yet. What was she talking about? Suddenly, a disturbing thought came to mind—was she dating another man and was now texting the wrong person?

‘Zylie, you do know you are texting Talon, right?’

Her response was equally confusing.

‘Of course, you are the man of my dreams. You are so sexy in bed.’

“What the kriff!” I said out loud. Then I thought I heard something that sounded like laughter in the distance. I reached out with the Force and I could feel amusement coming from my brother’s room. “Damn it.”

I was pretty sure Zylie forgot her datapad in the apartment and now my brother was having a little fun. I went over to his room and barged in. There I found Jysella and my brother sitting on his bed. I noticed Jysella had one hand behind her back like she was hiding something. “What are you two doing?” I said accusingly.

My brother was trying to keep a straight face. “Nothing.”

“Then why are you two hiding in this room?”

Jysella looked at my brother questioningly before she turned to me and smiled. “We were about to have sex.”

“Yep,” my brother agreed. “We came into this room to have hot passionate sex.”

“Yes,” Jysella continued. “We have sex all the time.” She reached over and put a hand on my brother’s knee. I noticed my brother jumped a bit. “Your bother is such a stud, I can’t control myself. I dragged him into the bedroom to play ‘doctor and the naughty Med-student’.” She moved her hand upward from his knee. “I need some hard tutoring doctor.”

At this point my brother was biting his bottom lip to keep himself from laughing.

I walked up to Jysella. “What do you have behind your back? Do you have Zylie’s datapad?”

“No!” they both said with a laugh.

“It’s just…ummm… marital bedroom toys.” At that comment they both burst out with more laughter. My brother fell back in bed and grabbed his ribs that must have hurt from laughing so hard.

“That’s bantha crap!” I walked up to Jysella and reached around her back and grabbed Zylie’s datapad. I gave Jysella a stern look. “That. Wasn’t. Funny!” I emphasized each word.

Jysella and Jaden were now in near hysterics. “I disagree,” my brother said. “I think it was hilarious.”

Jysella was now laughing so hard her face was turning red. She fell back in bed and covered her mouth with her hands in an effort to curtail her laughter.

“How did you figure it out it wasn’t Zylie so soon?” my brother asked once he caught his breath.

“Because Zylie and I haven’t had sex yet.”

My brother’s eyes went wide. “You’re kidding me?”

I shook my head. “No kidding. We made a pact that we would wait six months before we had sex. I want to make sure this relationship can survive before we get hot and heavy.”

Jaden started laughing again. “Six months! The last time you went six months without sex you were probably sixteen years old.” That comment got both my brother and Jysella laughing again.

I rolled my eyes in disgust. “Rumors, Jaden. Most of my reputation is built on rumors and innuendo.”

I went to leave, but before I closed the door I turned to them and took a photo of the two in bed using Zylie’s datapad imager. “Maybe I will text this photo to your dad, Jysella…or your brother.”

“No!” she yelled as she jumped off the bed.

She chased after me, but I made it to my room and locked the door. “I’m just going to keep this photo as insurance that you don’t pull that trick on me again!”

I chuckled as I thought of their lame excuse. 'Having sex'. Ha! It is unlikely my brother would have the guts to seduce Jysella. Corran Horn is almost as scary as Talon Karrde.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Bwhahaha! Great update. Jaden and Jysella are cruel!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love his observations of Jaden and Jysella. He is funny describing the fight with Ben

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D= Almost as scary [face_laugh] Love the pranking. ;) Zylie had a wonderful viewing with the spar match. And now she knows those are all rumors and that Talon is in it for keeps with her. :D

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_rofl] Bad Jaden and Jysella!!

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, Nyota's Heart, Briannakin and earlybird-obi-wan for reading and taking the time to review. Jaden and Jysella are being a little mean...but I bet some of you have done something like that. I pulled some awful pranks on my friends when I was young.

Okay, we are getting to the part of the story that was covered in my story Sacrifices. I am not going to rehash over everything since Talon was only involved on Myrkr. I am going to have his perspective on the events. For people who haven't read the story I had Jacen training under Lumiya just like in the profics. He also attacks Mara on Kavan...but the situation is a bit different and I have Jacen sort of redeemed in the fanfic and gave the story a happy ending. I think everybody who has been reviewing has read the story, but if anybody is confused let me know. This post is just the start and I should have it wrapped up by the end of the month...just in time for NaNo. I have enough chapters after that to get me through NaNoWriMo and the end of the year.

Thanks everybody for reading.

~JL~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 121

This weekend was the Fan-Expo HoloCon—a convention for science fiction and fantasy holofilms and shows. Dozens and dozens of holofilm actors and actresses were scheduled to be there to sign autographs and sell memorabilia. It is also a convention where people dress up as their favorite holocharacter. It’s not unusual to see people dressed as pirates, bounty hunters, Jedi, Sith, adventurers, mythical creatures, or armored troopers.

I wasn’t planning on going, but Zylie dragged me to the convention so she could get Dak Davin’s autograph. Why? I have no idea. He is an actor who plays an action hero…such as a Jedi or a Jump Trooper. So, basically he pretends to be someone like me or my father.

Still, I guess I can’t blame Zylie. She grew up watching the adventures of Dak Davin, so there is a little hero worship going on. I wouldn’t mind meeting Lelli Zararra. She is the holo-actress that plays a spy/slicer who works for the government to stop crime. I enjoy her holofilms, but I have to say she can’t hold a candle to Zylie in the beauty department…or any department for that matter.

We are walking through the parking garage to the convention center when I sensed a disturbance in the Force. I felt like somebody was in trouble.

I turned to Zylie. “I think somebody is being mugged. Stay here.”

Of course, Zylie is too stubborn to stay behind and she ended up following me. In a dark corner of the parking garage I saw a group of big, young men pushing around a smaller man. As I drew closer I thought I felt a familiar presence…the victim is somebody I met before. I looked back to Zylie who was a few steps behind me. “Is the guy getting shoved your friend Steben?”

She craned her neck to get a better look. “I think it is and I recognize his attackers. They're members of the college smashball team.” She frowned. “Those jocks are always picking on the computer and information technology guys.”

“I’ll take care of this.” I walked forward. “Hey! Leave him alone.” I called out to get the men’s attention. They shoved Steben to the ground and turned to give me the once over.

“Hey look what the gundark dragged in,” one of the larger men sneered. “First we capture a Sith Lord and now we have a pantywaist Jedi wanabee.”

The group of men moved closer to get a better look at me. “That is one crappy costume,” one of the men commented. I looked down at my clothing and frowned. Okay, I wasn’t wearing my classic Jedi robes, but I was wearing an authorized alternate uniform consisting of a lightweight black cloak, trousers and tunic along with my weapons belt. I thought I looked pretty good. The guy that insulted my outfit threw a thumb in Steben’s direction. “Computer-boy here has a much better costume.”

Steben slowly stood up and I could see he was unhurt. It appears the smashball team’s mission was to terrorize and not necessarily injure any costumed fanboys they ran into. I looked over Steben’s outfit and was impressed. It was an exact replica of the outfit used in some of the Sith holofilms I like. “Are you alright?”

He brushed himself off. “Yeah, these guys were just playing.” He went to walk toward me but one of the brutes stopped him.

“Whoa, where are you going? Do you think we’re scared of your Jedi boyfriend?” The man talking was obviously their leader–probably because he was kriff'n huge. He was about eight centimeters taller than me. Stang! He was almost as big as my father. The other eight men were equally massive and were not intimidated at all by my size. The leader of the group moved so he could see Zylie behind me and leered. “Who is she dressed up as? A Kuat Pleasure Slave? If so, I have something she could pleasure.” He then grabbed his crotch and made an obscene gesture.

I could feel Zylie’s temper flare and I had to stop her from moving toward the man. I wasn’t positive what she planned to do, but I am fairly sure it involved her knee interacting violently with the man’s groin. “I’ll take care of this Zylie.”

She glowered at me for a second, but then rolled her eyes. “Fine. Make it good.”

I walked up to the nine towering men with my hands up in a placating gesture. “Hey guys. I’m just going to take my Sith Lord friend here and go into the convention center. There’s no need for violence.”

The men all laughed and took one step towards me before they found themselves floating five meters above the ground and pinned to the ceiling of the parking deck.

Ha! I bet they didn’t see that one coming. To say they were shocked is an understatement.

“Kriff! This guy really is a Jedi!” one of the men screamed as he tried to push himself away from the roof of the parking garage.

I walked under the panicked men toward Steben. “Are you okay?”

“I am now.” He gazed at me scrutinizing my face. “You’re Talon, right? We met before.”

I nodded.

“Thanks for helping.” He looked up at the men floating above his head, yelling and begging to be let down. “What are you going to do with them? Please don’t hurt them; they have a big game tomorrow.”

His concern for these idiots caught me off guard, but after thinking about it, it made sense. Coruscanti University has the best smashball team in the galaxy. If word got out that the team was arrested or injured because they were picking on Steben it probably would make life miserable for the I.T. student. I looked up to the men floating above me and I could feel their panic. “Steben here says I shouldn’t hurt you…even though you insulted my girlfriend.”

“Hey man, I was just joking,” the leader said. “We were just messing with the guy. We weren’t going to hurt him.”

I reached a hand up and made the leader float down until I could grab him by the boot. I then flipped him upside down so I could look him straight in the eye. He made a groaning sound as his equilibrium probably went swimming. I stopped his rotation when his head was even with mine. I could see the blood rush to his face as he floated upended two meters off the ground.

“I know who you are.” I told the man in my best menacing tone. And I did know who he was. Just by touching his boot, my postcognitive abilities let me know this man’s name was Hak Wanti, twenty-years old, smashball captain for the Coruscanti Scurge. And since he wore those boots while meeting his girlfriend, I also became aware that he had a strange furry-fetish. He and his girlfriend would dress up like Edan Snowcats and make mewing sounds while they made out.

I stepped closer and whispered in his ear. “Listen Hak, I want you to promise me you are going to stop bullying people. Because if you don’t I will find you and let everybody know about you and your little feline-sex kitten obsession. You wouldn’t want those homemade holos you filmed with you and your girlfriend grooming each other to end up in the hands of your teammates, do you? That could happen. The man you were messing with is one of the top slicers on Coruscant. I am sure he could snatch those images right off your hard drive using his datapad and your passwords—which I conveniently happen to know. And he could do it before you had the chance to get back to the dorm to delete anything. Do you want that to happen?”

To be honest I have no idea if Steben can slice at all, but it doesn’t hurt to put a little awe of computer geekdom into a bully. I also didn’t know this man’s passwords—I couldn’t glean that from his boot—but he didn’t need to know that either.

“No,” he whispered back nervously.

“Maybe I’ll get him to do it anyway just as insurance that you’re not going to retaliate against him.” I walked around the large man hanging upside down in front of me. “This is what is going to happen next. I am going to let you guys down; you are going to apologize to Steben and to my girlfriend and then you and your buddies are going to leave. If I hear you are bothering anyone again I will come back to have a little talk with you. Do you understand?”

He nodded that he understood. “Good.” I looked up at the other men. “I guess I’ll let you guys down now,” I announced before I put them into a free fall. They screamed like little girls before I slowed their acceleration and gently set them down on the duracrete floor.

The leader quickly apologized to Steben and Zylie for his bad behavior and then they all ran off.

I turned back to Steben. “You let me know if they give you further problems.” He nodded his head looking embarrassed. “What’s wrong?”

He lowered his head. “I must look like a pathetic loser to you. Here I am dressing up like a Sith when you are an actual Jedi and Jump Trooper.”

I gave him a good natured slap on the back. “No way. It’s smart guys like you that keep the infrastructure of this city world working. And there is nothing wrong about being a holo-fan.” I chuckled. “Don’t tell anybody, but I’m a Pirates of the Mist fanboy.”

“Really?”

"Yeah, there is nothing wrong with being a fanboy." I glanced over to Zylie. "Or a fangirl." I turned my attention back to Steben and grinned. "Besides you are one brave man. There's not many people who would dare hit up on my girlfriend."

Steben’s face turned white. “I didn’t know she was dating anybody when I asked her out.”

Zylie smacked me across the shoulder. “Knock it off Talon. Stop scaring him. You’re almost as bad as the smashball team.”

I looked at her sheepishly. “Yes, Dear.” I turned back to Steben and gave him a knowing look. “She thinks she’s my Jedi Master.”

Zylie scowled at me. “Let’s get inside before the line gets too long to see Dak Davin.”

“Yes, my Master,” I joked.

We went in and had a good time. Steben is a really nice guy. I like him.

Zylie got her Dak Davin autograph. Surprisingly Dak recognized me from the tabloids and ask me for my autograph. I thought that was funny.

“Dak Davin wanted my autograph,” I bragged to Zylie. “Do you want my autograph?”

She rolled her eyes. “I am never going to hear the end this, am I? Do you think we can fit your ego into the speeder for the ride back?”

“I think so. It’s my dad’s air speeder and he got an extra big passenger compartment to accommodate his large frame.”

She shook her head in disbelief.

Ha! This was fun.

Maybe next time I’ll go dressed up as something other than a Jedi with a bad costume.

Entry 122

Zylie is on a mid-semester school break for a week and she’s asked me if I can give her a ride to her father’s ship, the Wild Karrde. I really don’t want her father to know we are dating this early in the relationship. I am a bit nervous about how he will react, but Zylie has a way of making me do things I don’t want to do. I swear I am becoming more whipped than my father.

I end up borrowing a small shuttle from a friend and flying her out to the Kuat sector where Karrde’s crew was doing some business.

We berthed the shuttle in a space dock orbiting Kuat and rendezvoused with the Wild Karrde.

Zylie was all excited about seeing her family. It was an excitement I didn’t share. When we arrived to the boarding ramp of her father’s ship I balked and turned to Zylie. “Maybe I should go home. I don’t want to interrupt your reunion with your family.”

She gave me a pouty look that always makes me feel like putty in her hands. “Talon, you can’t hide from my parents indefinitely. Mom and Dad like you.” She then grabbed my hand and practically dragged me up the ramp.

We were still holding hands as we entered the crew area. Talon Karrde and his wife Zara were sitting in the galley area sipping caf when we arrived. The two turned when they heard us enter the area. A broad smile crossed Karrde’s face when he saw his daughter.

“Zylie!” He put down his cup of caf and stood to greet us. “Talon! It’s good to see you also. Zylie said a friend was going to give her a ride home.” I noticed Karrde’s smile slipped from his face when he looked down and saw Zylie holding my hand. Zara must have noticed the change in her husband’s demeanor. She gave him a curious look before her eyes followed her husband’s gaze to where Zylie was clutching my now sweaty palm.

“Soooo,” Karrde drew out the word. “What’s going on?”

Before I could say anything Zylie answered. “Talon and I are dating.” She gave her father a big grin. I silently groaned. I think my young teenage girlfriend is enjoying this meeting way too much.

Karrde slowly looked up from our clasped hands so he could stare at me straight in the eye. “You don’t say.” The way he said the words made me think an Endorian Ogre would have been a more welcomed suitor for his daughter than me “When did you two start dating?”

“We met up with each other when I first got to the University, but we started dating about a month ago.” Zylie told her father enthusiastically.

Zara rose out of her seat to stand next to her husband, all the time gazing at me warily. “That’s wonderful. I’m happy for you two.” That’s what she said, but through the Force I could feel great apprehension coming from the couple.

We all stood there for an awkward moment before Zylie broke the silence. “Mom, Dad, give Talon a break. I’m still a virgin if that is what you are worried about Daddy!”

Talon Karrde blushed fiercely. “I don’t need to know about your sex life…”

“Or lack of,” Zylie added quickly as she moved away from me so she could search the galley cooler for food or drink.

Karrde closed his eyes and took a calming breath. When he opened them he gave me a smile and offered me his hand. “Thanks for bringing Zylie home, please feel free to stay. There is an extra bunk in Chin’s room.”

I nervously shook his hand. “Thank you.”

Karrde turned to his wife and gave her a smile. “Let’s scrounge up some food for these kids.”

We ate and talked and I started to feel a little better about this meeting.

It went a lot better than I expected. At least Karrde didn’t release the vornskrs on me.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great updates!!!!!! Talon is wonderful and Zylie's folks... i.e., her dad took the news ok [face_laugh] Big relief now! ;) I love how Talon and Zylie tease each other.

Jedi_Lover likes this.