main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Squeelicious update and some nice political remarks too. Luck with your Nano. Will it appear here on the boards?

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yay! The six months are up :D

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    And not a second too soon for Z/T [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Finally! lol I'm seeing a happy ending in the near future (aka wedding).

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't know if anybody realized what I was referring to when it came to the hats. The US Army around 12 years ago went to the Black Berets for all their soldiers. Prior to that only elite units wore the berets. Green berets for the Special Forces soldiers, Maroon berets for Airborne Units and the black berets were for the Rangers. When it was announced the black berets would be worn by all soldiers the Rangers were not too happy (so I was told) and they changed their beret color to tan in color. The beret looks good, but it is not very functional in combat or simply doing outdoor dirty work. I was told that recently the patrol cap (similar to baseball cap) has replaced the beret when wearing the Army Combat Uniform. The US Army loves changing uniforms. When I enlisted we had the green fatigues, a year later I had to buy the Battle Dress Uniform and now they have the ACU which is the pixilated camouflage. Now they are phasing out the green Class A uniform and are going to the Dress Blue. To be honest, I have to say todays uniforms are much better looking than the hideous uniforms in the 70's and 80's.

I am not sure if I will post the NaNo story anytime soon. I am rambling about right now. I need to think of a plot. lol! It is Star Wars fanfiction so I will post it if it ever gets finished. It is another OC story with the continuation of the Tantiss family story. I know not many people read this story and it is getting much more difficult to write the story as it gets more and more AU. But I enjoy writing about my OCs.

Thanks everybody for reading. The end of this diary will be the Epilogue of Sacrfices. And then I need to figure out what my next Journal will be about.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I had a funny dress uniform too in the last two years with the fire-department. Before that we had nice uniforms with a battle-dress, combat sweater and patrol cap all dark navy blue. I could keep the old uniform. Now it's a black stripe grey pants, a jacket with shiny buttons and white blouse. Add to that a bowl shaped hat (that was by the way too small for me) and you have the new uniform. It's now back for new users.
    I will post my Nano here. It is a sequel to my current story about an YT-1300 freighter and her crew.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover -- I will look forward to the Tantiss family further adventures whenever they're posted. We need to read up on J&J, i.e., Jaden and Jysella after all [face_laugh] :)

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks ginchy, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Hazel and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to review. I am still working on NaNo and it is tough writing without a plot. :p I'll figure out something eventually.

I am having a little writer's block right now so I thought I would post some more of Talon's Journal.

~JL~

Entry 160

My brother and Jysella got married. It was a big celebration. It was funny listening to my father and Corran Horn harassing each other. Master Horn remarked that it was lucky that Jaden got his mother’s brains and good looks. Dad said, “Funny, I was going to say the same thing about Jysella and her mother.”

My brother looked ecstatically happy. He and Jysella are a good match. Even Valin seemed to approve of the relationship. At least he didn’t look too upset while he was carousing around the reception area looking for receptive females. I think he hit up on every unmarried female there…with the exception of Hanna Skywalker. When he ventured too close to her Ben intercepted him and probably threatened to do him bodily harm if he got near his baby sister (she’s in her twenties already, so she really isn’t a baby). I can’t blame Valin. Hanna is a redheaded beauty like her mother. I bet she is giving my Uncle Luke gray hairs now that she is in college. Ha!

Entry 161

Zylie and I went out to see a Holo and decided to go to my apartment to relax afterwards. My brother moved out two weeks ago and I have the place all to myself now. I don’t think that will last long though. There are always new recruits coming into the Academy. Nobody with a double room apartment stays alone long.

We were almost to my apartment when Jedi Master Horn stopped me to ask me a question about training. I told Zylie to go on ahead and I’ll meet her in my quarters shortly. She can get in; I already gave her my key code to the door. I guess that means this is getting to be a really serious relationship.

I answered the Master’s questions and then went to join Zylie. When I walked into the apartment I sensed something was amiss. Zylie turned and glared at me with a look that would have sent her vornskr scurrying for cover.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“This is what’s wrong!” She picked up a black lace bra off my couch.

I stood there in total shock. I had no clue as to why that was there. “I don’t know where that came from, Zylie. Maybe Jysella was in here with Jaden today for some reason.”

She held up the bra showing me the enormous cup size. “Jysella doesn’t have breasts this big.” Her bottom lip started to quiver. “How could you do this to me Talon? I thought we loved each other.”

I swiftly walked up to her and tried to embrace her in my arms but she pushed me away. “Go away. Go to your other girlfriend.”

I was now in full-blown panic mode. “Zylie, I don’t have another girlfriend. I don’t know why that brassiere is here. It doesn’t belong to me.”

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she threw the garment at me. She was about to walk out of the apartment and possibly out of my life when Ben Skywalker ran out of my brother’s former bedroom wearing only a towel draped around his waist. “Stop Zylie. That’s not Talon’s; it’s mine.”

We both looked at my cousin in shock. First of all, what is he doing scantily clothed in my apartment and why does he own a bra?

Ben must have sensed my thoughts because he gave an exasperated shake of the head. “It’s not mine, mine. It belongs to my umm…girlfriend.” He looked back through the bedroom doorway nervously and I could sense he wasn't sure if he should say more. Eventually he turned to me and gave a sheepish smile. “I’m your new roommate, Talon. Surprise.” He walked over to the floor and picked up the black bra and a shirt hiding behind the couch. “I finally moved out of my parents' apartment.” He backed up to the bedroom while clutching the woman’s clothing with one hand and holding his towel firmly in place with the other. “I’m sorry about this.”

“Wait a minute!” Zylie called out sounding even angrier. “Who do you have in that bedroom? Because my sister told me you two were dating.” She shook her head and stalked over to the bedroom door. Before she got there I heard a female voice say, "It's me, sis!" At that point an embarrassed looking Valla Karrde wrapped only in a bed sheet poked her head out of the doorway.

“Hey guys.”

I could see the tension melt from Zylie’s body upon seeing her sister. “Kriff!” she said with a laugh. “I was about to have Talon beat the snot out of Ben if I found somebody else inside that room.”

Valla smirked. “Thanks for watching out for me.” She gazed at Ben for a moment and then back to me and Zylie. “We didn’t expect you back so soon. We thought you two might stay the night at the dorm."

I looked over to Ben who was blushing profusely. He took a step toward the bedroom. “Well, we don't want to bother you. We’ll just leave you two alone.”

Zylie snorted. “Understandable. You two have a mission to complete.”

Ben blushed even brighter as he slunk back into the bedroom and shut the door.

Zylie looked over to me embarrassed. “I'm sorry, Talon.”

I smiled and gave her a hug. “I don’t blame you for jumping to that conclusion. If I went to your dorm room and found male underwear on your floor I would have questions also.” I kissed her tenderly. “I think Ben and your sister are getting along great, don’t you think?”

She chuckled. “I think so too.”

Entry 162

Ben is no longer going to tease me about being wrapped around Zylie’s little finger. He told me he is in love with Valla. Hooya! Maybe he will end up not only my cousin, but also my brother-in-law.

Oh Stang! That last comment means I am actually considering marriage. I can’t believe I’m thinking about this. I am fairly sure Zylie is the one…the person I want to spend my life with. We have been dating for a year now and she still has years more of college classes to attend before graduating. I guess I don’t have to rush things.

I love that woman...I can’t help but want to marry her.

Entry 163

Grandpa Starkos died this week. My mother is crushed. Grandma Starkos is so upset that we don’t think she will survive long without Grandpa. We went to the funeral. It was horrible seeing my Grandfather lying in a coffin for the viewing. He died peacefully, but seeing him looking pale and stiff was heartbreaking. My father held my mother in his arms as she sobbed while wracked with grief. What was really distressing was seeing my father cry.

Zylie came with me to the funeral. Later on she asked me about the Force and death. “I was told your Uncle Luke talked to the spirit of his Jedi Master after his death.”

I nodded. “Yes, Jedi can sometimes maintain their form for a while after death.”

“How about non-Force users? We know what happens to Jedi, because they have been able to come back from the flow of the Force to actually talk to you, but what about me? What will happen when I die? Or any non-Force user dies? Do we become one with the Force and are reunited with our loved ones who died before us?”

We were sitting on my couch in my apartment. I reached an arm around her and gave her a fierce hug. “The Force flows within all of us. Non-Force sensitives just don’t have the ability to manipulate its power. I believe when we die we all eventually become one with the Force. Some Jedi can maintain their consciousness for a while, but my Uncle told me that eventually his mentor stopped appearing to him. He believes his essence became intertwined with the flow and his personality, what made him, him…disappeared.”

She thought about it for a while. “Your mother’s parents are both non-Force sensitives, so their fates are the same…but what about your parents? Do they ever wonder if their paths after death will diverge?”

I lowered my head solemnly and gave a sad smile. “My father talked to me about this once. He is not into any particular religion. I don’t even think he embraces the Jedi philosophy in its entirety. He said he wants to believe that the Force bonds us together and after loved ones die their Force essences will find each other and intertwine together.” I sighed deeply. “My dad has no proof of this, though. I think the thought of him ever being without my mother is so unthinkable to him that he embraces a philosophy that precludes that possibility.”

She nodded and leaned her head against my shoulder. I hope my dad is right. I would like to think that when we pass on we will be with our loved ones for eternity.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks JL, for giving us this batch of LOL and [face_mischief] and just plain fun! Plus the serious talk at the end, great mix. =D=

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    You just made me cry

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was GREAT!!!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahahahaha Ben was bussssssted!! Poor Kylie. Finding that bra would be a shock! I'm glad he's thinking of marriage. He deserves happiness after all the mess he went through in his younger years.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks ginchy, Hazel, EmeraldJediFire, and Nyota's Heart heart for reading. Talon may have had some bumps in the road in his youth, but I think he knows he had things good compared to maybe Zekk or Kyp or even his Aunt Mara or Uncle Luke. He grew up with loving parents who live in the upper levels of Coruscant. He has an extended family with grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. Talon knows he is lucky. He does want to have a family though and that is one thing he worries about. He is lucky with the ladies, but not necessarily relationships and he really wants to change that. He wants a family like his parents and grandparents and now his brother.

We are getting close to the end of this journal. I am writing about the Tantiss family in my NaNo. I still don't have a firm plot, so it is slow going, but aspects of this journal are incorporated into my NaNo story.

Thanks everybody for reading.

~JL~

Entry 164

My parents moved out of the Temple and to an apartment near the restaurant. They moved Grandma Starkos in with them to care for her. Despite my father’s dislike of droids he leased a medical droid and another droid that specializes in elder care. They didn’t want anything to happen to grandma and then find themselves waiting for an ambulance speeder and not knowing what to do.

Zylie and I visit often. I think my grandmother gets me mixed up with Jaden because she told me that she really likes my wife, Zylie. I know my eyes went wide in surprise at that comment, but I didn’t try to correct my grandmother…and neither did Zylie. We just looked at each other and smiled.

Entry 165

I have been accepted to the Galactic Alliance School of Advanced Leadership and Tactics with follow-up orders to the school of Advanced Military Studies. The great thing about this is I will be stationed on Coruscant for at least two years with little threat of any deployments. This means Zylie and I are both students for at least the next two years. She is really happy that we will have a lot of uninterrupted time together.

I like the training when it comes to learning actual war tactics and strategy. I also enjoyed the courses on counterinsurgency operations and conflict management. Some of the other subjects can be a bit dry. For example we had to learn the different formations of various Planetary Defense Forces (PDF) throughout the Galactic Alliance. The GA has their armies divided into Corps, Divisions, Brigades, Regiments, Battalions, Companies and then Platoons. Some planets may use the same terms, but with different meanings. For example on Taris their Divisions are equivalent to a GA Regiment. So you may think the Taris PDF is sending around twenty thousand soldiers to support an operation and instead you get three thousand men. That can make a big difference in a conflict.

Overall, I am having a good time and I am making some good friends. There are so many different species and planetary variations of the GA Uniform that nobody has really questioned the subtle differences in my Jedi Asset uniform from other Coruscanti officers. In addition, our rank is taken away and replaced with a student emblem. This is to keep students from trying to pull rank on each other. Most are officers, but there are a few exceptions…like me. We are all considered equals here, and because of that nobody really knows I’m a Jedi (we don’t wear weapons on campus, therefore I don’t have the telltale lightsaber). I have decided to keep that knowledge to myself unless I am asked straight out if I’m a Jedi. I don’t need to deal with any Jedi-Spook animosity while I am trying to study. I was allowed to keep my combat jump wings, so most men and women attending the school treat me with respect. I’d like to keep it that way.

Entry 166

Zylie and I have been together for two years now. I want to ask her to marry me. I plan a long engagement to allow her to finish college, but I think she is expecting me to take this relationship to the next level soon and I don’t want to disappoint her.

The problem I have is I really can’t propose to her and not let her know about my son. It just doesn’t seem right to expect a woman to commit to me in marriage without knowing all of the truth.

I need to talk to Ben about this.

Entry 167

When Ben came back to the apartment we share I asked him about the situation.

“You son has almost four more years before he takes the throne, right?” Ben asked.

“Yes,” I said.

“Do you have to tell Zylie who your son is?”

I didn’t think of that. “I guess not…although she probably will want to know who the mother is.” I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “I’m worried that this might be a deal breaker.”

Ben patted me on the shoulder. “I really doubt it. She’s known about your checkered past from the beginning and she hasn’t ran off screaming in terror.”

I glowered at Ben as he chuckled. “Thanks, Ben.”

“Hey, that’s what future brother-in-laws are for.”

My eyes went wide. “Did you propose to Valla?”

He grinned. “Yep.”

I let out a happy shout as I gave him a brotherly hug. “Awesome!”

“So go talk to Zylie because I think Valla wants to plan a big double wedding.”

I nodded and got on my comlink so I could arrange a date with Zylie.

Entry 168

Today was the day of our big date. I wanted things to be perfect, so I rented a really nice hotel room in the upper levels of Coruscant and had a meal delivered and a bottle of sparkling wine.

I know Zylie is expecting me to propose and hopefully that is what I will do. I have the ring already. I just have to tell her about my son before I pop the question. Or should I pop the question and then tell her before she gives me an answer? Stang! I have no idea what I’m going to do. I realized right then and there that this was a terrible idea. What was I thinking? I should have told her and if she didn’t get upset I should have set up this romantic evening sometime later. Dumping this all on her in one night is stupid.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

But what the hell am I going to do now? If I don’t propose to her tonight she may think I was going to but I changed my mind. I look up to her and she is smiling knowingly…like she is expecting a proposal.

I started wondering if I should extricate myself from this situation. Maybe I could fake food poisoning and say I have to go to the hospital? Damn! That is what a coward does. She is going to have to learn about this eventually. I guess I am stuck with this idiotic plan I came up with.

We ate dinner in relative silence and were having dessert when I broached the subject. “Zylie, I love you very much. I love you more than anybody or anything in this universe and I want to bring our relationship to the next level.” My stomach clenched when I saw the excitement in her eyes. Stang, this is going to end up badly, I just know it. “But ummm…” I hesitated for a second. “But there is something you should know about me first.”

Her happy look melted right off her face. “What should I know?”

I pulled at the collar of my tunic that seemed to become uncomfortably tight. I was going to try to dance around the subject to soften the blow, but decided the direct approach was better. “Zylie, I have a son. He was conceived years before we started dating. It’s a complex situation. My family doesn’t even know about him.”

She stared at me for a long moment. “You have a son?”

I nodded.

“Only one?”

I frowned at that comment. “Yes, only one.” I shook my head. “Why would you ask that question?”

She shrugged. “There are rumors that you have dozens. I figured some of the stories might be true.”

“Zylie, I only have one child.”

“Why doesn’t your family know about him?”

My head dropped sadly. “I wish I could tell them, but the child thinks another man is his father and if his paternity is revealed it could endanger my son and his mother. It is a complicated situation. ”

“Were you dating a married woman?”

I shook my head. “No, she was single and unattached. I don’t date married woman…it is just a very complex and strange situation.”

“Are you going to tell me who he is?”

I shook my head. “I promised his mother I wouldn’t reveal his identity.”

“And do I know his mother?”

“No,” I said quickly. “At least I don’t think so. I do know you never met her. And I only saw her once since he was conceived. He was two years old when I found out about him. Actually Ben discovered his existence by accident and told me. My son’s mother never intended for me to know about him.” I let out a nervous breath. “Zylie, the only contact I have with the mother is she sends me holos of my son. We haven’t been in the same room together in six years and that was only for me to see my son for the first, and so far, only time.”

“So he’s eight years old?” She grabbed her wine glass and took a long sip. I can tell this was not how she expected the night to turn out. “You should have told me earlier.”

My stomach dropped. “I know.”

“I thought you were going to propose to me tonight. Why else go all out with the meal and sparkling wine.”

“I was going to propose.” I reached into my pocket and pull out a ring box.

She waved the box away. “Ask me later. This is not the right time. This is just a lot to take in.”

I gave a tight nod and put the box back into my pocket. I don’t think I have felt this bad since I found out I had a son that I couldn’t have a relationship with. My legs felt weak as I stood and went to the ‘fresher to splash water on my face so Zylie wouldn’t notice how upset I was.

When I exited the ‘fresher I saw she was standing and gazing at me sadly. “Talon, I just need time to absorb this information. Don’t be upset.”

I came up to her and dropped to my knees and wrapped my arms around her waist as I leaned my head against her belly. “I’m so sorry. I love you Zylie. I don’t want to lose you.”

“Hey, I’m not going anywhere,” she said softly as she dropped to her knees in front of me. “I love you too.” She took my hands in hers. “You’re not going to lose me. I was just blindsided with this subject.”

“I’m sorry. It kills me that I have a son I can’t raise, that I can’t reveal to my parents.” I looked deep into her eyes. “I can understand if this is a deal breaker. I’ll understand if you don’t want to deal with this situation.”

She smacked me on the shoulder. “Stop being so melodramatic. If you conceived a child since we started dating it would be a different story.” She gave me a guarded look. “You haven’t conceived any kids since we started dating, have you?” She said it in a joking tone, but I knew she wanted an answer.

“Only if you’re pregnant.” I said with a smile. “I’ve never so much as looked at another woman since we started dating. You may not have been my first, but I definitely want you to be my last.”

She hugged me. “And I want you to be my first and only.” She pulled back to gaze at me. “Just ask me.”

I gave her a wane smile as I reached into my pocket and pulled out the box. I opened it to reveal a diamond ring. It wasn’t the biggest ring in the world, but I had been saving for a year to get a nice one. I must have impressed her because she gasped. “Zylie, will you marry me?”

A smile blossomed across her face. “Yes.”

I let out a relieved shuddered breath. My hands were trembling as I slipped the ring on her finger and then kissed her.

This has to be the happiest day of my life.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEE! Whew! My tummy was all knotted up with that last entry. [face_dancing] Happy wriggles!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That was the sweetest

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful!! And Talon did the right thing.

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm glad Talon told her about his son, but Zylie's right. That is a lot to take in! But she loves Talon and I know they'll be very happy together. [face_love]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    All caught up on the hilarious, serious and sweet entries. Zylie and Talon should make a great couple

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thank you Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, ginchy, Hazel, and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to comment. I can't believe this story is coming to an end. My NaNo story is about the Tantiss family, but I am having plot problems. I will see if I can work it out and post it next year. I am trying to think about who to write about next year for a journal. Maybe it will be Zylie or Valla discussing their lives with their Jedi husbands.

Thanks again for reading!

~JL~
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Entry 169

Zylie and I went and told my parents about our engagement. Mom was overjoyed and gave Zylie a big hug and said she was thrilled that she would be part of the family and that she couldn’t think of a better wife for me. Dad mirrored my mother’s sentiments. We used my parents’ communications transceiver to break the news to Zylie’s parents. To my surprise they were equally enthused. They didn’t mention Ben and Valla’s engagement, so we assume they haven’t told them yet, so we kept quiet about that.

Entry 170

Ben just came back from a two-week Jedi mission. He was bummed to discover that Valla was on a cargo run with the Wild Karrde crew and wouldn’t be back until the end of the month. He was further distress to discover he was supposed to go on another Jedi assignment at the same time Valla would return to Coruscant.

This really brings the reality of the situation smashing down on both of us. If Zylie and Valla continue to be traders cruising around the galaxy with the Wild Karrde crew and Ben and I remain Jedi always called off on missions…what type of family life were we going to have?

We don’t want to try to get our girlfriends to quit their family business, but at the same time it is going to make it really difficult to have quality time together. Ben is so bummed out that he actually talked about taking a break from the Jedi and joining the Wild Karrde crew.

“That’s crazy, Ben. Your father is the Grand Master,” I told him one night while we were watching a smashball game on the HoloNet.

“Your father was a Master and he quit.”

“My father retired. He served the Jedi for three decades.”

“If I joined the Wild Karrde crew then I could be with Valla full time.”

I gave a slight roll of my eyes. “I’m sure that’ll go over well with your parents.”

Ben shrugged. “They’ll understand.”

I paused for a moment thinking about this. There had to be another way. “We’ll figure this out,” I finally said. “Maybe Karrde can set up an operation on Coruscant and his daughters could run it.”

Ben sighed. “Maybe.” He looked over to me. “I’m going to be with her no matter what.”

I looked back to the HoloNet. “Let me know what you decide…and I’ll do the same.”

Ben gave me a look of disbelief. “You would give up the Order for Zylie?”

“What’s that shocked look for?” I asked somewhat irritated. “Do you think you’re the only one who would throw it all away for love? If it came down to the Jedi and Zylie, I’d pick Zylie in a kriff’n heartbeat. I’m a pilot, a Force-user and I have post-cognitive abilities. I think I could be hired on Karrde’s crew.” I smiled. “But I don’t think it will come to that. I’m sure we’ll find a way to stay with the ladies. Even if it is taking on missions to the areas they’ll be working at the time.”

“Yeah, that might help,” Ben said not sounding reassured.

“Stop bumming me out,” I said as I smacked his shoulder.

“That’s easy for you to say. Both you and Zylie are students on the same planet.” He looked at his wristchrono. “Where is she anyway?”

“Study group. I'm going to see her when she is done. We have all our romantic rendezvous at her private dorm room. I’m not too confident about my shielding ability while at the Temple.” I gave him a smirk. “So you don’t have to worry about finding her bra on the couch and freaking Valla out.”

Ben blushed and then laughed. “Thank you for that.”

We fell silent while watching the rest of the smashball game. I’m sure we’ll figure something out…if not I’m positive I would make a very dashing smuggler. Zylie tells me her father is one hundred percent legit now, but I think you can never fully take the smuggler out of the man. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that my Uncle Han still does smuggling runs, most likely for Corellian whiskey and the smuggling is just getting it into his home without my Aunt Leia seeing it. Ha.

Entry 171

Grandma Starkos took a turn for the worse. The entire family came to my parents’ apartment to be with her during her last hours. The doctors told my mother that they recommended that my grandmother be taken off her life sustaining medication and changed to palliative care to ease the transition…which I assumed meant death. My family agreed and my grandmother was put on meds to make her last hours painless and peaceful.

My Uncles Shon and Jaycen were there with their families along with my parents, Jaden and Jysella and me and Zylie. We were sitting around what would later turn out to be my Grandma’s deathbed. I hate to say this, but I wish I wasn’t there. There is nothing worse than seeing a loved one struggle to breathe. It’s not like she would know if I wasn’t there. Grandma had fallen into a comatose state and was not responding to anybody anymore. Of course, I had to be there for my mother. This was tearing her apart. She is heartbroken. I don’t blame her. I couldn’t imagine losing my parents. My dad never had parents so Grandma and Grandpa Starkos were like his mom and dad. He is not having an easy time with this either.

Grandma’s breathing suddenly became less erratic and it calmed down for a moment. I was sure the end was near. Zylie was sitting next to me and buried her head against my shoulder. I could feel her tears soaking my tunic. Zylie barely knows my grandmother, but she is taking this hard. I think it is because she knows how difficult this is for me.

Everybody in the room startled when grandma’s eyes popped open. She was looking at the doorway and we all turned expecting to see somebody standing there, but there was no one. Grandma smiled brightly and said, “Darik.”

Her eyes then closed and she passed away. I looked at my father and brother. Darik was my grandfather’s first name. Could he have come for her? As Jedi, wouldn’t we have sensed his presence? My mother must have believed it true because she broke out in sobs, but I sensed she was happy that her parents were finally back together.

I will miss my grandmother terribly, but the thought that she is with the man she was married to for over sixty years gives me some comfort.

Entry 172

We just found out Jysella is pregnant. My parents are all happy saying their first grandchild is on the way. I am happy for Jaden and Jysella, but it does get me a little depressed about my situation. My parents have an eight-year-old grandson they have never met. I still receive holo updates from Ema. Marcus is growing up so fast and he is so tall for his age. He is going to be a big guy. He is obviously a Tantiss male. I am happy, but at the same time a little depressed.

Entry 173

My son will turn nine in a few weeks. Usually I shop for a gift over the HoloNet and have it shipped to Ema so she can give it to him, but I couldn’t find anything that looked good. I went to the mall, but nothing seemed right. When I went back to my apartment I noticed the X-Wing model I had on my dresser. When I was a boy about Marcus’ age my father had bought it for me. He said it was an exact replica of the spacecraft my Uncle had flown when he destroyed the first Death Star. I remember spending hours at a time playing with the toy and dreaming of the day that I would one day fly an X-Wing (in my imagination I was a much better pilot than I actually am now).

I picked up the model and smiled. I thought this would be a perfect gift. It was in mint condition and it was a toy handed down from grandfather to father to son.

I packed it up with a small greeting card and shipped it off to Ema asking her to give it to Marcus. I told her just to tell him it was from a friend of hers.

Entry 174

I got a transgalactic call from Ema today. When her holographic image flickered on I could tell something was wrong. “Talon, we need you to come to Indupar.”

I immediately knew this had to do with my son. “What happened to Marcus? Is he alright?”

She took a deep calming breath. “He has demanded to see you.”

I was a bit confused. “Did you tell him about me? How does he know who I am?”

She threw her hands up in a gesture of confusion. “I don’t know. After his party he was playing with his gifts. He picked up the X-Wing you gave him and then things got strange. He asked me who gave him this gift. I told him it was from a friend of mine. He then stared at my sister Kaie and me for a long pause before he announced we all lied to him. He ran to his room and wouldn’t come out. He said he wants to see the man who sent him the X-Wing.” I could see she was trembling either in frustration, fear or anger. “What did you do to that X-Wing?” she said in an accusing voice. “Was there some sort of Force message attached to it? What did you do?”

I wasn’t sure what happened. “I don’t know Ema. It was a toy given to me by my father when I was a boy. There is nothing about it that would indicate anything to Marcus unless…” I closed my eyes and groaned. “Oh sithspit!”

“What?” Ema demanded.

I let out a frustrated breath. “Ema, one of my Force skills is post-cognitive vision. I can touch an object and tell who held it and see images of that person. When I had decided to send it to Marcus I thought it would be nice to give my son something my father had given to me. If Marcus inherited this Force skill…then he might have picked up something about me from the X-Wing…especially since I had it since I was a child and it has been with me up until the day I sent it to you.”

Ema rubbed her temples. “Great. I don’t know what to do. I have a Force strong nine-year-old who is having a temper tantrum. I don’t know how to deal with this.”

“How about the Seers? Don’t they know how to fix this? How did this happen in the first place? Wouldn’t they have seen this happening?”

She shook her head. “They are just as confused. I’ve never seen the Seers so bewildered. They are upset. I guess they don’t like surprises. And now they can’t see the future when it comes to Marcus. They think Marcus is blocking them. They don’t know how he is doing it, but he has become an enigma. The Seers think his anger is clouding the timeline. They are the ones who suggested that you come and fix this situation.” She ran her hands though her hair in frustration. “Can he go darkside? Is he in danger? He’s so angry, Talon. Can you please come and see him?”

I have been waiting for this moment since I found out I had a son, but I am not going to be at the Seers’ beck and call on their terms. “I’ll come, but on one condition.”

She frowned. “What?”

“I bring my family. My parents should know they have a grandson and when it comes to dealing with Force-strong boys throwing a temper tantrum…well there is nobody better to handle that then my parents.”

“I’ll have to ask the seers.”

“Fine, but you said they're blocked.”

She blew out a frustrated breath. “That’s true. Go ahead, bring your family.”

“Can I bring my fiancé?” I asked softly.

Her eyes dropped. “I heard you got engaged. I’m happy for you. I guess she wouldn’t be pleased if you ran off to see your son’s mother without her. Feel free to bring the entire family. I don’t think things can get more screwed up than they already are. But they have to understand this must remain a secret. Can your family keep a secret?”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “My father is the master of keeping secrets and I think it runs in the family. I’ll get them together and we’ll be on our way.”

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Awesome asas usual. I'm happy Marcus and Talon are goingn to truly meet

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Touching update with his grandmother passing away and interesting things to come.
    Love to see more about him and Zylie next year

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Predicament with Ben/Valla and Zylie/Talon and their schedules. Wow, the situation with Ema and those blooming seers just got more tangled. HA! And they liked to claim they had it all handled, that's why they maneuvered everything. Glad Talon pressed for his condition. He surely doesn't need to be led on a leash :rolleyes:

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Can't wait to see how the Tanto so family will handle this. Great update!

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to review. I just finished NaNo! Woot! I don't know if or when I will post the story. It is a bit disjointed at this point. I really need to work on it.

I'd thought I would post another entry to Talon's Journal before the Thanksgiving Holiday. I hope everybody who does celebrate Thanksgiving has a great day! Don't eat too much! Or if you do, set those scales back by ten pounds now. :p

~JL~

Entry 175

Now comes the hard part…telling my parents. For some reason I wanted Ben with me. Maybe when my parents are yelling and cursing at me he could talk reason to them.

I called my mother up and asked if Ben and I could come over for dinner with her and dad.

Mom said she would love to see Ben and me and told us to come on over for dinner. When we arrived at my parents’ apartment my father gave Ben and me a big hug. I sometimes think my father sees Ben as another son. He probably spent more time with Ben during his childhood then he did with Jaden and me. That’s what happens in the Master/Apprentice relationship.

We weren’t in the apartment for more than five minutes before my father became suspicious. I think I was oozing apprehension.

My dad got us some drinks while my mother was finishing dinner. He gazed at me intently before saying, “What’s going on? Are you in trouble again Talon?”

I walked over to the couch and sat down heavily. “I need to tell you and mom something important.”

Dad sat down next to me while Ben sat in a seat across from us.

“Did you get Zylie pregnant?” my dad asked.

“What?” I said shocked. “No, and we’re engaged so that wouldn’t be anything horrible anyway.” I took a sip of the fizzy drink my dad gave me and wished I had something more powerful…like a straight whiskey. “Dad, remember when I told you I had a secret that I had to keep for the safety of a family member?”

He looked puzzled for a moment, but then he remembered. “When Jacen had his troubles?”

“Yeah, that’s it.” I took another sip of the drink. My mouth had suddenly become very dry. “Well, something has happened and I need to reveal the secret.”

A look of worry crossed my dad’s face. “Which is?”

I looked over to the kitchen. “I’d like to tell you and mom at the same time.”

“Sure,” my dad said as he looked over his shoulder to the kitchen. “Kira, honey, can you come here please?”

My mother came over while wiping her hands on a kitchen towel. “What is it?”

“Your son has something he wants to tell us.”

My mother’s face fell and I could see she was preparing herself for the worst. “Zylie didn’t call off the engagement did she?”

“No!” I shook my head. Damn, I sometimes think they like Zylie better than me. “Please sit down Mom.”

She looked over to my dad, her eyes full of worry. She sat down and I decided I should just tell them and get it over with. “Mom, Dad…I have a son. It turns out Ema was pregnant with my child after she left Coruscant.”

Mom’s hands went to her mouth to cover a gasp. My dad simply looked confused. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

I looked over to Ben mainly for moral support, but Ben must have thought I wanted him to tell them. “The Queen was pregnant, but she miscarried. Ema discovered she was pregnant and took the Queen’s place and Talon’s son was passed off as the Prince of Indupar. We were told it must remain a secret. If anybody knew of his real parentage the Prince's life would be in danger and the kingdom would have went to a malevolent relative of the King. The Seers working in the palace had predicted a war would occur if Talon’s son didn’t become king.”

My mom and dad looked at each other and back to me. I know they were trying to figure out if this was a hoax or not.

“I have a grandson?” my dad finally said.

“Yes.”

“Why are you telling us now?” My mother wanted to know. “Won’t he still be in danger?”

I shrugged. “It seems my son has my post-cognitive abilities. For his birthday I sent him the X-Wing dad had bought for me when I was a kid. I think Marcus was able to pick up things from the toy and was able to figure out I was his father and Ema was his mother.”

“Marcus?” my father said sounding choked up. “My grandson is named Marcus?”

“Yes, he is named after me…and you.” I took a couple of cleansing breaths. “I was asked to come to Indupar because he’s angry at the deception. I said I would go and help, but only if I could finally tell my family. If you would like to come see him you are invited to Indupar.”

My mother started crying. “If I would like to see him? Of course I want to see my grandson.”

Entry 176

Telling my parents was a little stressful, but now I need to tell Zylie. I called her over to my apartment and asked her if she could get a few days off from school. She smiled probably thinking I am taking her on a romantic getaway. I then told I want her to come with me to see my son.

Okay, that didn’t go too horribly. But when I told her who my son is, she was shocked. She knows about Jacen and his daughter so this is a bit ironic. “What is it with your family and knocking up royalty?” she asked me. “Are you trying to keep up with the Solos? Han and a Princess, Jacen and a Queen and I heard Jaina’s fiancé might end up Emperor of the Imperial Remnant.”

Technically I didn’t impregnate a Royal, just her twin sister, but I didn’t think Zylie would appreciate me pointing out that distinction.
    She wasn’t thrilled about going to Indupar to see my son’s mother, but she wanted to see my son. So she agreed to go with me.

Entry 177

Today was nerve-wracking.

We arrived to Indupar and I was asked to try to get my son to open his door. It appears Marcus was using the Force to keep the large and ornate wooden door closed. I knocked at the door and announced my name. After a second or two the pressure holding the door shut was released and the door cracked open a centimeter or two.

I took a deep breath and opened the door and peeked in. I could see my son sitting on the floor in a corner holding the X-Wing I sent him in his arms.

“Can I come in?”

He nodded and I ventured in his room. Once I was inside the door slammed shut behind me. I was shocked at the command the boy had with the Force. I could feel his power and his anger. As I approached him I feared I would see yellow orbs glaring at me, but I was relieved when all I saw was sad blue eyes looking back at me.

I pulled up a chair from a desk and sat down. “Hello Marcus. I met you before when you were two…I don’t know if you remember me.”

He shook his head. “Are you my father?” His voice was low and strained.

I nodded. “Yes.”

“And my mother is really my Aunt Ema?”

“Yes.” I didn’t know what else to say.

He held up the X-Wing. “I could see things when I touched this. I see a young boy and a large man with red hair. I see you talking to my mother on the transceiver. I see you watching holo’s of me and crying.”

My stomach clenched. I thought Marcus would only glean information from my youth, but he was seeing things that happened in my apartment bedchamber where the toy was displayed. He saw me discuss things with Ema and my reaction to holos she sent me.

“They lied to you, just like they lied to me,” he said matter-of-factly.

“Yes. I wasn’t told about you at first, but it was for a reason. The Seers said my presence could endanger you, that being around you could cause conflict within your kingdom and endanger your family.”

He sat quietly, head down, staring at the toy in his hands.

“Are you going to be alright, Marcus?” I asked.

He shook his head and started crying. I got off my chair and knelt down in front of him. “Hey, Marcus, everything is going to be okay.” I reached out and took the X-Wing from his hands and put it aside. I then pulled him into a hug. “I know things are confusing about who’s who in your family right now, but there is one thing you have to remember. Every person in your family loves you deeply. It doesn’t matter if Kaie is not your mother. She’s your aunt and she loves you like a son. I love you, your mom loves you. Your step-dad loves you. You are one lucky boy to have so many people who care for you. There are friends of mine that grew up as orphans with nobody to love them as children.”

Marcus started crying again and I squeezed him closer, resting the side of my head against his. “And today your family is getting bigger. My parents and brother are here. You have grandparents who can’t wait to meet you.”

Marcus’ crying grew ragged and then eventually became exhausted sobs. He pulled away from me to look in my eyes. “Are you going to stay with me?”

I took a deep breath and blew it out. “It depends on if my presence will endanger you. If I can stay I will…at least as long as I can.”

He gave me a slight smile. “Then you can marry my mom.”

Oh kriff!

I shook my head. “Marcus, that’s not going to happen; after your mother broke up with me I started dating somebody else and I’m getting married soon.”

I could tell that was less than welcome news. I decided to change the subject. “Would you like to meet your grandparents?”

He wiped his arm across his eyes, pulling away the tears. “Yes.”

“Good,” I said with a smile as I stood. “I know they can’t wait to meet you.”

I went to the door and realized it was still locked. I turned to Marcus. “Son, it’s time to let people in.”

He nodded and the door popped open. I poked my head out and called over my parents.

“Marcus wants to see his grandparents.”

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! Telling was hard but a relief I'll bet. The last bit with Talon and Marcus -- they both need Wookiee huggles. =D=