main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    [face_love] the song

*sips Corellian ale*

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Too bad the fathers didn't tag along with the boys, Mark could have done The Tantiss. :p [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover and ginchy like this.
  3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    * stifles laughter* Oh that was great..I've been looking forward to a new one of these. it was all good I really can't pick...its just the young men's overall embarassment at every situation that's so cute.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Bwahahahaha! That entire entry was hilarious.

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Owen appears to have gotten the lion's share of the Skywalker genes. [face_rofl]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That would be funny if Mark did "TheTantiss". ginchy --Owen does seem to have the Skywaker genes. You may see the twins and Hanna in the journal some more. I think I will concentrate on the older younger Jedi. Talon, Jaden, Valin, Jysella,Tenel Ka, Jacen, Jaina an Ben. So now we are off to Anakin's wedding.
    Thanks Demendora, Kahara, benknobi1, Hazel, EmeraldJediFire, Briannakin, and ginchy for reading and taking the time to comment.

Entry 12

I went to Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila’s wedding today. Despite the fact that Anakin and Tahiri have been inseparable for years and Anakin wanted to be married more than anything—he had what I would call a tiny ‘episode’ while at the altar. He was standing next to Tahiri, holding her hands and suddenly his eyes glazed over and he started sweating. Then he started to sway. My Uncle Luke was officiating and he hesitated and whispered something to Anakin. There was a pause in the ceremony as Jaina came up with a glass of water for her brother. I am pretty sure he was about to pass out. Maybe he drank a little too much after we took out those swoop gang members at the Red Rancor.

He drank the water and gave the audience a lopsided grin as he put his hand up in an ‘I’m alright’ gesture. Tahiri appeared more amused than upset. The rest of the ceremony went well. They exchanged rings, they kissed, my mom cried, Aunt Leia cried, Aunt Mara didn’t cry, but I am pretty sure her eyes were misting up.

After the ceremony we went to the reception, which was at my parent’s restaurant, the Manarai. My parents closed the restaurant to the public just for this special occasion. There was plenty of food, an open bar and a live band. Jaden, Ben and I walked toward the refreshment table just as Karrde’s two daughters grabbed flutes of sparkling wine off the beverage counter and walked away like they belonged there. But they didn’t belong there…we all knew they were way to young to drink.

“Wait right there,” I said as I took the alcoholic drink out of Zylie’s hand. Ben assisted me by confiscating the other drink from Zylie’s sister Valla.

“Give that back to me, Ben Skywalker!” Valla said.

“You’re not of drinking age,” Ben pointed out.

She crossed her arms across her chest as she glared at my redheaded cousin. “I’m seventeen. Next year I’ll be legal.”

“Yeah,” piped in Zylie. “And I am a very mature twelve year old.”

That comment made me laugh in her face. She turned bright red and glared at me.

Ben drank Valla’s confiscated drink as he smiled. “That may be so, but until you are both eighteen you have to get your drinks from the kids’ table.”

“You guys are jerks,” Valla said as she scowled at Ben.

“Yeah, I can’t believe you’re named after my father,” Zylie added as she looked in my direction. The girls both stalked off, but not before Zylie made an obscene gesture to me.

I turned to Jaden and Ben. “Did you see that?” I shook my head. “Gods, I feel sorry for anybody who dates those girls.”

Ben laughed. “I know.”

In reality I wouldn’t mind dating Valla. She is only a year younger than me and she has a quirky personality that I like. Also, it doesn’t hurt that she is very easy on the eyes. She has her mother’s good looks and trim body, but she has the dark eyes and hair of her father. Zylie looks like a miniature version of Valla, but she is a little more hotheaded than her sister…and sarcastic. Despite her quarrelsome attitude, I am sure in five or six years she will be turning heads.

Jaden returned from the beverage table with a mixed drink. “Ben, just a heads up,” he said. “Your baby sister Hanna is drifting over to the alcohol.”

I laughed as Ben ran his fifteen-year-old sister away from the adult beverages, while threatening to tell their mom.”

Valin Horn wandered up to where we were standing. He’s carrying a mug of ale and sporting a smirk on his face. “You guys want to see something pathetic?”

We’re guys…of course we want to see something pathetic. He signals for us to follow him and we end up lurking behind some curtains covering the large balcony windows. The doors to the balcony are open so we can see outside.

There sitting on an ornate marble bench is Tenel Ka and Jacen. They are whispering to each other and laughing. Valin turns to us, “Do you think he'll try to kiss her this time?”

Ben shook his head. “No, but I wish he would. I am pretty sure that much sexual tension can be fatal.”

Jaden and I laughed, but then dived behind the curtains when Jacen looked up.

“Okay, I’ll put down twenty credits that he'll get the kiss,” I told them. “I mean the guy is in his early twenties. He can’t possibly be that shy.” I looked at my brother. “Didn’t he date anybody at the Academy before he was knighted?”

“Lusa?” Valin offered referring to the female Chironian that attended the academy with us.

I have to cover my mouth with my hand to hide my laughter. “No Lusa had a thing for Raynar.”

Ben gave me a curious grin. “How would that work?”

Jaden made a face. “Please Ben, don’t put disturbing xenosexual images into my mind…but to answer your question…I assume it would involve a step ladder.”

Valin laughed and snorted his ale up through his nose.

“I’m just kidding, guys,” my brother said. He turned to me and grinned. “I’ll take that bet. I think Jacen will wuss out.”

So we watch and I am positive I am going to win. The proximity of the two Jedi were getting closer and closer. Jacen turns to talk to her and their faces are centimeters apart from each other. Then he leans in—and I just know I won twenty credits—and then he turns away with a nervous cough.

I swear Tenel Ka looked mad. I don’t know why she’s waiting for Jacen to make the first move. She is a descendent of a Dathomir witch. She should just dress up in leather, grab Jacen, claim him as her mate, toss him on the bed and then ravish him. Ha! I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.

My brother is holding out his hand. “Pay up.” I glowered at him as I reached into my pocket and pulled out a twenty-credit chip.

Well, that was a bust.

Fortunately, after dinner I did find a few nice, non-related, ladies to dance with me.

Now that Anakin is married, he will be moving out of the bachelor quarters… and I can move in with my brother and out of my parents’ quarters. Yeah! No longer do I have to live under their watchful eye.

Party!

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL, I love that Talon. He's s hoot. I'm thinking the party atmosphere when he moves in with his brother is going to put gray into Mark's beard.

ETA to remove a spoiler. [face_blush]

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    wait Zylie's twelve?

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    This is 32ABY. In my other fic it is 40ABY. Karrde told Mark she was 19 and in college, so in the other story she is a young adult. There is six years difference in age between Talon and Zylie.

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
  11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Talon isn't a pervert! :p Plus he had told Mark it had been years since they had seen each other. So most likely Talon doesn't see her again until 40 ABY.

For those not reading my other ongoing fic, Sacrifices, in 40 ABY Talon had met up with Zylie and they started hanging out together.

12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I just found it odd because she was trying to drink champaign. I should have made that clear

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    EmeraldJediFire Yeah, she wants to act like a grown up. That is why the boys immediately jump in. You haven't seen twelve year olds try to sneak a beer or a cigarette? I put down sparkling wine because if it a sweet wine it taste like juice with a kick. I thought that would be something a kid would try.

14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    No...I have many younger cousins and the only time I saw one try to drink alchohol is when they were older. I think some were 15 or 16....They were trying to bribe me into giving them a drink of what I had--and into getting them one. I told them I wouldn't contribute to the solicitation of alcohol to a minor. Like I wanted to go to jail

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I was at my cousin's wedding when I was ten and accidently got a drink from the spiked punch. I puked up in the reception hall. lol! I doubt the girls drink...they just saw an opportunity to try it.

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I was about 11 when i tried champagne for the first time. It was New Year's Eve and my father gave it to me. I took one sip, made a face and gave the glass back to him. Took years to try again.

That was a fun chapter!

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Heh. Zylie is probably going to be the death of her father. Great update. I like it when Anakin and Tahiri get their happy ending.

Pre-teems often try to steal alcohol at family gatherings. I remember typically getting away with it.

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Why do I suddenly feel like the odd man out?

19. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] This explains so much of television, come to think of it...

20. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Oh the joys of underage shenanigans...

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks benknobi1, Kahara, EmeraldJediFire, Briannakin, Hazel, and ginchy for reading and taking time to review. I think Talon has high hopes about living away from his parents. He still lives in a Jedi Temple. There is only so much mischief he can get into. :p

Entry 13

Finally! I moved out of my parents’ apartment and into the Bachelor Quarters! I am Jaden’s roommate now. Unfortunately, it is not the big party bachelor apartment that I expected. Jaden studies a lot and gets mad when I play the HoloNet too loud or my HoloGames…or just about anything that makes a noise. He takes his studies very seriously. But despite our differences, we overall got along…until a female came into our lives.

And by female I mean a four-month-old pitten my brother brought home one day. It is a fuzzy brown-and-gray striped four-legged feline-like creature that is small enough to be held in my two hands. Jaden explained he wanted to get one for the last two years but Anakin was allergic to pittens. I told him that was fine as long as he took care of it and it left me alone.

I really don’t care for pittens and I was determined to avoid the creature, but the more I tried to evade the animal the more it followed me around. It would rub against my legs or climb into my lap when I was watching the HoloNet. One day I was sitting on the couch typing on my datapad when the pitten walked across the keypad. That pitten’s paws must have hit the exact sequence of datapad keys needed to cause the viewscreen to suddenly turn sideways. Jaden thought that was ‘cute’. I thought it was annoying. It took me an hour to figure out how to fix the screen.

A week later I was sleeping peacefully when suddenly something landed on my chest. I think I am being attacked, so I roll out of bed and call my lightsaber to my hand, igniting it. From the greenish glow of the saber I could see that damn pitten on my bed, her eyes wide and so frightened her fur was standing on end so she looked like a hairy puffball (I was told this is a defense mechanism to make it look bigger to predators). I deactivate my saber and use the Force to turn on the lights.

“Jaden! Get your pitten!”

Jaden finally dragged his butt out of his bed and came in to recovered his pet. “There’s my little fuzzy pitten! Come here Fuzzy.” He said this in a ridiculous sing-song voice, which is bad enough, but then he picked up the animal and kissed it on the nose. Gross.

Then one day I am lying on the couch taking a nap when I feel sharp little claws massaging my head and something licking my hair. I reach back and pick up the young pitten by the nape of her neck.

“Jaden,” I said to my brother who was watching the HoloNet. “Why is Fuzzy doing pitten push-ups on my head and licking my hair?”

He looked up and laughed. “I think she was taken away from her mother too early and she is trying to find a teat.”

“Ah, gross.” I ran my hand through my hair wet with pitten spit. “You have to get rid of this thing.”

“She’s a baby, she will grow up to be a normal anti-social pitten,” Jaden said with a laugh.

I just glared at him as I left to take a shower…that is one place the pitten won’t follow.

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That baby pitten is sooo cute. All furry bebies are cute. [face_love]

I'm willing to bet Fuzzy will end up growing on Talon.

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Poor Talon.... not what it's cracked up to be is it? but I guess you'll take it won't you.

24. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, little pitten-kitty. So sweet -- especially when they're pestering somebody else! :) Guess Talon's new roommates leave something to be desired from his POV. Especially the furry one.

25. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Baby Pittens ! Squee !