main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss: Jedi Knight and Reluctant Vornskr Owner: Complete [DDC 2015]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 2, 2015.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lots of fun with Luke and Mara and Talon's comments

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific talk between Mara and Talon. If anyone can figure out the secret, she can. [face_love] My word, but Mark is putting too much implicit credence into those karking seers. One day they won't prove to be infallible and he'll regret it. :eek: :rolleyes:

"Mattress gymnastics" [face_rofl] Yup, L/M have the Gold medal for that particular sport [face_love]

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! I hope you enjoy the story.

Thanks. I got a new update for today.

Thanks. I wanted to get some Mara and Luke in this story more often.
    Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the entry.

Mark is putting to much credence on the seers. I think Marcus is the person who he really trusts. If Marcus is seeing these things in the time stream, Mark knows the boy will error on the side of caution. I think Mark knew that by the time he got there the danger would be over. I do think L/M are four time gold medal winners in the Mattress gymnastics (or maybe only three medals because they did have twins...so there is only three pregnancies).

Thanks everybody for reading and taking the time to review. [:D]

Entry 18

I woke up early the next morning tired and blurry eyed having not slept well the night before. I had been up for the last hour staring at the ceiling and trying to will myself to sleep, but to no avail. I reluctantly got out of the bunk, threw on my clothes and weapons and went out to the ship galley to get some caf. There I found Ben sitting at the dining table sipping what looked like hot chocolate.

I dropped down in the seat across from him. “Ben, please tell me that your parents like playing late night handball against their cabin wall.”

“You mean the wall that their bed headboard it butted up against?” He took another sip of his drink and then smirked. “I guess it depends on your definition of hand ball.”

I groaned as I dropped my head down to the tabletop. “How did you get any sleep as a child?”

Ben chuckled. “I didn’t. Why do you think I have two younger brothers and a sister?”

“I’m surprised you don’t have twenty siblings.” I looked at what he was drinking. “I didn’t think you had the same beverage tastes as your father?”

He put down the cup and shook his head. “They’re out of caf.”

“What! How am I going to watch boring surveillance holos without my morning stimulant?”

Ben gave a shrug. “Maybe there will be caf at the station.”

I cringed. “I tried their caf. I think a semi-sentient simian possessing zero taste buds made the coffee the last time I was there. It had a grainy texture and a fishy taste to it.”

Ben chuckled. “The station commander is a Calamarian. That might explain it.”

I propped my head up with my arm as I tried to stay awake. “Do you have any stimchews?”

Ben shook his head. “Sorry. I did see a vending machine outside in the hanger bay. It might have some.”

“Great.” I put my hands on the table and pushed myself up into a standing position. “Do you want anything?”

“No. You never know how long the stuff has been in the machine.”

“Alright. I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

I walked to the back of the ship, lowered the ramp and exited. It was early enough in the morning that the docking bay was quiet. It helped that we were in the long term bays where people parked their ships for extended stays. Rarely is there a lot of traffic in the weeklong ship berths.

I looked up and down the line of ships but didn’t see any vending machines. I walked down the concourse, gazing down the corridor off shoots. I could sense Jonnar’s men lurking about. He said he was going to leave somebody behind to keep an eye on us. I looked around and spied somebody familiar at the far end of the bay. It was Terk. He raised a hand in greeting before his new girlfriend Sissy grabbed him by the arm and pulled him into the shadows.

“Wonderful,” I muttered sarcastically. “I bet those two aren’t doing surveillance as much as practicing full body searches and pat downs.”

I finally located the vending machine halfway down an empty passageway. I stood at the machine scrutinizing the assortment of treats until I found stimchews on the bottom row. I pulled out some low denominational credits and paid for the chews causing giant coil to turn. It was supposed to knock the purchased item out to the bottom of the machine…but the stimchews got stuck. I swear these machines are probably made by corporations that also make money on anger management classes. Each year some unfortunate soul is crushed by a vending machine that they rocked a little too hard in an attempt to dislodge some unhealthy snack. Luckily for me, I’m a Jedi. I made a wave of my fingers and knocked the chews free using the Force. The Masters often lecture us not to use the Force for trivial purposes...but I don’t see this as a trivial, since it is preventing me from going all darkside on this stupid machine.

Before I could reach down and grab the chews, I heard a sweet sensual voice call out my name. “Talon.” I turned and smiled widely at the sight of my heart-stopping gorgeous wife. Gods! She looked so good in what she was wearing. It was a dress I've never seen before--a form hugging sundress that showcased all her wonderful womanly assets. She smiled sensuously as she walked toward me, her dark silky hair swirling around her shoulders with every step.

“Zylie,” I said surprised. “You’re back early. I guess the trade run went well.”

She cozied up in front of me and stood on her toes to capture my lips with hers. “It went faster than expected.”

“Yeah it did. How was Ryloth?” As soon as the words came out of my mouth I realized there was no way her and Valla could have made it to Ryloth and back in such a short time. Perhaps they did a different run for Karrde’s corporation.

“Ryloth had good weather.” She put her arms around me and gave a sultry grin. “I missed you.”

“You missed me?” I whispered softly remembering the safe word system that Zylie set up before we left. We were supposed to say the exact opposite of what we actually felt. Of course I told her that wouldn’t work because I thought witches could read minds…but my time with Jonnar made me question that belief. I began shielding my thoughts through the Force, but just in case this was an exceptionally proficient mind-reading witch disguised as my wife, I decided to keep my mind occupied as much possible by thinking of pink Rancors.

‘Pink Rancors, Pink Rancors,’ I thought to myself before I posed my next question to Zylie. “So you miss me? Do you remember what we talked about before we left?” I gave her my best come-hither look to throw her suspicions off as I silently repeated my mantra: ‘Pink Rancors, pink Rancors, pink Rancors.’ I slowly put my hand on my blaster and made sure it was on stun. I was seventy percent certain this was not my Zylie. I would know after she answered my question.

Her smile faded a little but she quickly answered. “What we talked about? Do you mean how much I love you and how I can’t wait to make love to my handsome stud when I returned.”

That was it. This is not Zylie…unless she didn’t really love me and she didn’t want to have sex with me because she thought I was ugly and impotent.

‘Oh crap, I’m not thinking of pink Rancors!’ I thought to myself. Already I could see her smile slip as she tried to take a step away from me, but it was too late. With the speed of a skilled Jedi Guardian I unholstered my blaster and stunned my wife’s twin. As I squeezed the trigger I prayed that I hadn’t make a mistake… that Zylie didn’t forgot our plan.

As the blaster bolt hit my wife’s lookalike her appearance began to alter as she slipped into unconscious. I was greatly relieved to find our rogue witch passed out at my feet. I pulled my comlink out of my pocket and called Ben.

“Ben! Get you parents! I got the witch. I’m outside!”

“I hear you,” came his surprised response.

The sound of running echoed down the corridor and I caught sight of Terk and Sissy swiftly approaching. “You got Lita!” Terk sounded impressed. I laughed when I saw the young man's face. It was covered with lipstick imprints. “Yep, I got the witch…and it looks like a witch got you.”

“Huh.”

Sissy looked to her boyfriend and quickly tried to wipe the lipstick off his face with the end of her tunic sleeve.

I heard a commotion behind me and turned to see Ben and his parents jogging to my position. They looked like they dressed in a hurry. Luke still had his sleep pants on under his Jedi tunic. My Aunt Mara had what looked like a sleep shirt on under a bathrobe. At least they had the forethought to grab their lightsabers.

My former master smiled widely with an expression I usually don’t see from her…pride. “Good work. Did she just walk up to you?”

“She came to me as Zylie, but she didn’t fool me for a second.” I said excitedly. “I knew it wasn’t her when she said she missed me, loved me and couldn’t wait to make love to me. Once she said that—pow! I shot her.”

My aunt and uncle looked at each other in confusion. “What? Wait. What…” Mara didn’t finish that thought. She waved me off as she went to check on the unconscious witch. “Never mind. I’ve learned long ago never ask a Tantiss man a question that I might not want an answer to. Let’s get her into the ship.” She grabbed the woman’s boots as Ben and Luke each put an arm under her torso. “If you and Zylie are having problems that it is none of my business.”

As they carried the woman to the ship I tried to explain. “It’s not that Aunt Mara. She didn’t know Zylie’s safe word.”

I could hear Ben give a snort.

“Not a safe word, safe word,” I clarified. It is more like a safe sentence.”

Mara shook her head as they carried the stunned woman up the ship's loading ramp. “You are not making things sound better, Talon.”

Ben turned to me and grinned. “But it does sound interesting.”

I decided to drop the subject. “What are we going to do with her?”

Luke looked back to me as they brought the woman into my cabin. “We’re going to stuncuff her to your bed.” A grin tugged at the corner of his lips. “Do you have a pair of cuffs or did you leave them on the Vazy Princess?”

I glowered at my uncle. “No I don’t have any.”

They dropped the woman onto my bunk none to gently. “That’s okay Talon. I have a pair in my cabin,” my aunt said dryly as she walked out of the room.

I gave a shudder not wanting to know why they have stuncuffs in their cabin…but knowing my aunt she probably has stuncuffs, neural disruptors, a shocker stick and a thermal detonator in her nightstand just for personal protection.

Terk and Sissy came up behind me. “We contacted my father. He’s bringing the Ysalamiri and backup.”

I turned to Terk. “Do you know what planet you are going to dump her on?”

Terk nodded. “Jonnar has two planets picked out…but I’m not supposed to give out that information. You’ll have to ask him yourself.” He put his arm around Sissy and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek. He then looked at me sadly. “Hey, sorry things aren’t going well between you and your wife.”

“I’m not having problems with my wife!” I shook my head in frustration, but decided not to argue the point. I left the witch to Ben and Luke as I trudged off to the galley. I knew there was only hot chocolate, but maybe I could find some Corellian whiskey to go into it.

Maybe with enough whiskey I would actually get some sleep.

Revanfan1 and Falcon like this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    She tried it a second time and even though he felt he asked the wrong question about Ryloth, her answer tipped him off that something wasn't right. Good thing he didn't make the same mistake as Ben did.

More soon

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the opening banter between Talon and Ben. ;) Yup, 20 siblings [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Wonderful! The safe sentence worked just as it was supposed to! Pink Rancors? LOL

Falcon likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the witch-hunt and Talon catching her. And the discussion about stims[face_laugh] and love making[face_laugh]

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great chapter, I'm glad they caught the witch!

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Poor Talon. Everyone thinks he's having marital problems now. [face_laugh]

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. Ben was totally caught off guard. Talon knew to be on alert. I don't think Ben would have been fooled a second time.

Thanks. I would think trying not to think about certain things would be difficult.

Thanks. I didn't want a prolonged witch hunt so I thought I would have her come to Talon.

Thanks! This next post is a little wrap up.

Talon could have explained how he knew she wasn't his wife a little bet better.

Thanks everybody for reading. I wanted to finish this story arc before the end of the month.

Entry 19

Jonnar and a number of his enforcers showed up with a ysalamiri before the rogue witch woke up. That is a good thing because it made it easier for them to smuggle her out of the ship and into a speeder.

As his men loaded the murderous witch into their vehicle Jonnar searched me out to say goodbye. He found me leaning against the galley bulkhead drinking juice and wishing it was caf. “Good work on capturing my felonious witch,” he said while holding out his hand. I grasped it and gave a firm shake. “I guess Lita didn’t count on you having troubles with your wife.”

I dropped my hand and frowned. I was about to correct him on that mistaken belief when he laughed and gave me a dismissive wave. “I’m joking. Ben told me you had some type of password system with your wife. That is good thinking on your wife’s part.”

I gave him an irritated gaze as I put my drink down on the counter. “Why do you think it was her idea and not mine?”

He gave a shrug. “I’m sorry, was it your idea?”

I glared at him. “No, it was hers.”

He laughed before reaching out and giving my shoulder a squeeze. “I’m not insinuating you don’t have the intelligence or foresight to think up such a precaution. When Ben told me what happened with him and Lita, I was certain your wife would want to ensure you didn’t have the same scam pulled on you. Women are protective of their men when it comes to another woman trying to poach her husband.” He dropped his hand and smiled warmly. “I’m thankful that you, Ben and his parents were so understanding about the situation and not seeking retribution for my men kidnapping you. It is refreshing to have people treat us like any other sentient and not as something that should be eradicated.”

I gave a chuckle. “Thank you for not killing us when you had the chance…or making me marry your daughter.”

Jonnar gave out a booming laugh as he gave my shoulder a friendly slap. “You’re alright.” He threw a thumb in the direction of the ships boarding ramp. “Your Jedi friends are outside and are making sure Lita is secured. I just wanted to thank you in person.”

He turned and moved down the boarding ramp and out of the ship. I followed behind and watched as he said his goodbyes to the Skywalkers. He then jumped into his speeder, signaled his comrades to move out before taking off down the large docking bay corridor.

Luke and Mara looked incredibly relieved at his departure. “Ugh. I forgot how much I dislike being in an ysalamiri Force void,” my uncle said.

My aunt gave him a nudge of her shoulder and a grin. “I don’t know. It brings back fond memories of the first time we met on Myrkr.”

He shook his head. “The first time we met was on Candoras.”

My Aunt Mara gave a roll of the eyes. “That doesn’t count. I didn’t know who you were back then. Plus, I didn’t even remember that meeting until you reminded me years later.”

Luke gave a deep frown of mock disappointment. “I’m sorry I didn’t make a lasting impression on you, but I guess I am guilty of not noticing you the second time we met while on Tatooine.” He gave a chuckle as the two moved toward the ship with Ben and me following a couple paces behind.

“We really didn’t meet on Tatooine,” my aunt insisted. “I just watched you make a fool out of yourself before dropping into a Rancor pit.” She grinned. “And please don’t tell me that was part of your master plan.” She laughed with a shake of the head. “No, now that I think about it…it probably was part of your strategy. I have never seen anybody plan out such a convoluted rescue that had so many variables that could have easily gone wrong.” She leaned in and kissed Luke on the cheek. “The ysalamiri reminds me of you lying in bed, drugged, unconscious and at my mercy.”

“Wait are we talking about when we were on Myrkr or last week.”

“Dad!” Ben groaned. “I know you are joking, but that is just a disturbing thought.”

Luke chuckled. “Yeah…I was just joking.” He reached the top of the boarding ramp and pressed the button to close up the ship. As we moved through the cargo deck to the crew area my uncle turned and grinned at us. “Good work you two. Nobody was hurt or killed in her apprehension and you got a murder off the street. Jonnar let me know how to contact him if we ever think we have another out-of-control witch or if we ever need their help. They are experts at illusions. They could be helpful in some missions. He wants to assure good working relations with the Jedi in the future. Now we just have to figure out how to get you two back to your wives.”

Ben smiled. “I heard from Zylie and Valla. They finished up on Ryloth and are on their way back.”

“Do you want to meet them half way? Your mother and I can give you a ride.”

“No, they have to come by here for their next run anyway. Talon and I can get a hotel room for a couple days.”

Mara shook her head adamantly. “No way. We don’t have to get back to Coruscant any time soon. We’ll stay here until their arrival. You can stay with us. I would like to spend some time with you two and also see my daughter-in-law and Zylie.”

Ben looked to me questioningly. “Are you okay with that?”

I nodded. “Sure.”

As my aunt and uncle wandered off toward the flight deck I leaned over toward Ben and whispered a plea. “Please switch cabins with me.”

Ben laughed caustically. “No way. The only thing worse than overhearing senior citizens having sex is hearing your senior citizen parents having sex.” He gave a shudder. “We can still get a hotel room if you want.”

I groaned. “And have to explain to them why? No. I’ll just take my blaster and stun myself at bedtime.”

“I’ll stun you if you want.” He walked to the galley and reached to the back of a high cabinet before pulling out a bottle of Corellian whiskey. “Or maybe this will help. It is Uncle Han’s stash.”

I smiled broadly. I usually don’t drink, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Falcon and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great resolution to the "witch hunt." LOL on the L/M reminiscing on first impressions & Ben and Talon discussing the pros and cons of getting a hotel room. [face_laugh] =D=

Falcon and Jedi_Lover like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Looks like all is well (for now). Yeah, if I were Ben, I'd not have switched rooms either. :p

Falcon, Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_rofl] As if Ben needed to be hearing that, I know Luke was joking but still.... I see Han's personality or even Mara's have rubbed off on our farm boy [face_mischief]

more soon :)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Great wrap up to this little escapade, and nice banter as always.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    All is well and nice banter between Luke and Mara and Ben and Talon

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahahahaha poor Talon. Of course, I'm sure he and Zylie will be just as bad in their golden years. I loved seeing L/M in the story for a bit, and wonderful wrap up to this part of the fic.

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! I need to put more Luke and Mara into these journals. I miss writing about them.

Ben's not stupid. Thanks for reading.

Luke has been married for over three decades in this story. I am sure Mara rubbed off on him in more ways than one.

Thanks! I appreciate you reading.

Thank you!

Thanks! It's been a while since I wrote a L/M fic. I think the last one I did was the movie opening crawl challenge.

Thanks everybody for reading. This next entry is short. The one after that is long...I think. I wrote it in my head but I haven't put it to paper yet.

Entry 20

It was early morning when Ben banged on my cabin door. “Hey Talon! The Vazy Princess just docked. They're located two buildings over in the large freighter bay.”

“Be out in a minute!” I quickly dressed and met my cousin out in the corridor. It looks like he just rolled out of bed minutes before I did. His red hair was disheveled, his tunic wrinkled and I could see beard stubble surrounding his wide grin. I looked around the ship. “Are your parents awake?”

He shook his head. “I left them a message telling them we will stop by with our wives at lunch. Let’s go.”

“Let me brush my teeth. I want to give her a huge kiss when I see her.”

“Hurry up.”

I quickly cleaned up and followed Ben out of his parents’ ship and down the quiet docking bay corridors. As we left the long term berthing structure and headed toward the oversize freighter bays the movement and voices of hundreds of various species started to fill the area. Fueling and repair droids rolled from ship-to-ship as pilots made their way to various restaurants that serviced the space travelers. At the very last berthing slot we saw our ship. The entry ramp was down and I spied Valla walking around the exterior of the ship doing her post-flight inspection. Ben ran to her and grabbed her up in his arms eliciting a shout of joy from his wife. As they fell into an ardent embrace I rushed up the ramp to find Zylie.

I caught her dragging Princess out of our cabin by the collar and moving her to the cargo area. She gave me an apologetic look as she greeted me. “I’ll just be a second Talon. I am going to lock up Princess so she doesn’t attack you.”

I gave an irritated grunt. I dislike Zylie treating that beast the same as a lovable pittin and allowing it to sleep at the foot of our bed when I am not around. She coaxed the animal into the cargo bay but not before it gave me a sinister growl and a toothy snarl.

She closed the door and turned around grinning enthusiastically before she ran up to me and pulled me into a long, lusty kiss. “I love you,” she said as she leaned back.

I frowned. I know this has to be Zylie, but she obviously forgot our code. Stang! If she did show up on Kuat two days early I may have stunned her with a blasterbolt.

She noticed my reaction and stepped back. “What’s wrong?”

I chuckled. “What about your safe word system?”

She looked confused for a moment before her eyes went wide with understanding. “Oh yeah...say the opposite of what I feel or believe. I forgot all about that.”

I scoffed. “Well I didn’t. I was approached by that murderous witch while she was looking just like you and when she said she missed me I stunned her cute Zylie-look-alike butt.”

She smiled widely. “Ben told me you caught her, but he didn’t tell me how.” She smirked. “She obviously didn’t look much like me.”

I shook my head. “She looked exactly like you. It was the secret code you made up that convinced me she wasn’t you.”

“Well,” she said with a devious smile. “I don’t want you to have any doubts about my identity.” She put her hands on her hips and glared at me with a mock look of indignation. “Talon Tantiss! I can’t tell you how much I didn’t miss you while we were apart! I can’t stand being around you! And I certainly don’t want to have sex with you!”

I laughed as I went in to kiss her. “I’m convinced.”

She pushed me away and continued her fake tirade. “Don’t touch me with those…non-sensual hands of yours….you, you ugly, unkempt, ill-hung, out-of-shape peace of Bantha skat! I don’t know why I married you! You have horrible hygiene and you are lousy in bed!”

Okay, I know she is doing the opposite of what she really feels, but she appears to be having way too much fun with this charade.

“What’s going on guys?” It was Ben’s concerned voice calling out from behind me.

I closed my eyes in frustration before I turned and found my cousin standing at the top of the boarding ramp looking extremely troubled by my wife's words. I spread out my hands in an apologetic gesture before giving my cousin a cheesy grin. “Safe word exercise.”

My cousin chuckled knowingly. “Oh! I’m sorry to interrupt. Go on Zylie. We can’t be too careful when it comes to witches.”

Zylie struggled to keep a straight face as she raked her gaze up and down my body. “I absolutely don’t want you in my bed now or ever. I don’t even think about running your hands up and down my body before making love to me for hours…because I that is something I detest.”

“Okay,” Ben groaned. “I think we have verified your identity, Zylie.”

“No, I want to tell him how I hate his unimpressive pectorals, his flabby abdominal muscles and totally non-arousing butt. The only good thing I can say about Talon is he is humble. Humble about his looks and actions. He’s the most humble man I know. But I guess a guy who is such a dud in bed probably should be humble.”

Ben threw up his hands. “That’s it, I’m out of here.” He turned and exited the ship leaving me and Zylie alone. I pulled her into my embrace and kissed her soundly before I leaned back and smirked. “How’s that.”

She bit her bottom lip to keep herself from laughing. “Awful.”

I heaved a sigh and let my shoulder’s slump. “I guess you are going to have to tutor me when it comes to improving my performance in the bedroom.”

She grinned as she pulled me into another kiss. Her hazel eyes sparkled happily as she stepped back, took my hand in hers and guided me to our cabin. “It may take hours or days, but I will do my best to instruct you on how to satisfy a woman.”

“It may take weeks,” I said with a laugh as entered our cabin. “Or years!”

Ha! It’s good to be home.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    If I were Talon I would've been blushing big-time! But glad the girls are back now!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great update

poor Talon just to find out he's lousy in bed.

More soon

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Well, the safe code was like opposite day. You say the opposite of what you mean. So when she says he is a dud, he knows she really means stud. :p

Falcon likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUE! and [face_rofl] Oh I love reuniting couples [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun with this update. Talon and Zylie are such a great couple when reuniting

22. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] Zylie is hilarious! Nice to see the guys reunited with their wives.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    As long as Ben wasn't around to hear what she was saying I think he wouldn't be embarrassed. Ben appeared more embarrassed by the exchange than Talon.

Thanks! LOL! Not Talon. He is positive he is the gods gift to women.

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

I really like them as a couple. When I first put them together I wasn't sure how people would respond because they knew each other since they were kids and Talon was six years older. But having then not seeing each other from the time she was 15 until she was 19 helped tone down the icky factor. 19 and 25 isn't that bad. I enjoyed writing their romance.

Thanks. I like both OCs a lot.

Ack! So I still have to post my 2013 NaNo that was a continuation to the Second to None storyline. I wrote a rough draft, but I can't get myself to edit it. I am going to start putting aspects of that story into this journal and I hope that will motivate me to edit and post the story eventually. It was a long storyline that followed FOTJ a little bit with the Chief-of-State disliking the Jedi and people turning against the order. My NaNo story had some aspects but had a much happier ending. lol! And no Abeloth because she died in the first story...or was it the second? I can't remember. Anyway, this is the sixth story in the Second to None storyline and I have touched on just about everything that happened in the profics such as the Vong, Abeloth, Jacen going dark and other plotlines. My NaNo story would make the seventh story in the series and I am having the hardest time finishing it. Hopefully I will be able to fulfill my New Year's Resolution and actually complete the story.

Thanks everybody for reading.

Entry 21

Later that day, we all had lunch with Ben’s parents on the Jade Shadow. My Aunt Mara ordered food delivery consisting of an excellent Kuat stir-fried spiced beef with noodles. It was an overall relaxing afternoon until the Grand Master received a call from Corran Horn who was the acting head of the Jedi Council when my Uncle Luke was away. We were finishing up our meal when my Aunt went to answer the ship’s subspace transceiver. Almost immediately she came back to get the Grand Master.

“Corran wants to give you a heads up on what the Chief-of-State got up to while we were off planet.”

Uncle Luke made a face before he wiped his mouth with his napkin and stood from the dining table. “What is that idiot up to now?”

Mara shrugged. “He’s probably having more paranoid delusions.” She waved at the rest of us. “You might as well join us since it probably involves all Jedi.”

Ben and I stood. Zylie gave a quick glance to her sister before she rose and followed. Valla decided to do the same.

We all crowded onto the flight deck and stared at the subspace transceiver video screen which was now occupied with the image of Corran Horn. The green eyed Jedi was rubbing his hand over his bearded face, something he always did when frustrated.

Luke sat down in the pilot’s seat and gave a forced smile. “What happened now?”

Corran brought his hand back and massaged the muscles in his neck. “It may be nothing, but with Chief-of-State Mokk Streke it’s probably something.” Corran blew out a breath before continuing. “Streke pushed through the senate a bill that will finance another wing to the Coruscanti penitentiary. It is a five hundred bed faculty…and all cells are enclosed by Force cages.”

Ben and I groaned when we heard the news. I am fairly sure we were all wondering if Streke was preparing for war with the Jedi.

Luke ran a hand through his blond hair and closed his eyes in annoyance. “How did he justify that?”

Corran shook his head sadly. “I hate to say this, but he has substantial proof of crimes where a Force user was believed to be the culprit.”

“Can any of this be verified?” My aunt asked.

Corran nodded. “I’ve seen some of the security vids and unless they were tampered, it does look like the Force was involved in some of the crimes. There was evidence of levitation, mind tricks with guards and even Force shoves.”

“No lightsabers?” Ben asked.

“No, there is no indication that these crimes were committed by Jedi. The criminals they managed to catch are not Jedi Knights or former students. I’ve looked at the statistics and it appears there has been an increase of crime by possible Force users over the last thirty-five years…dating back to the establishment of the Jedi Temple.”

Luke moaned while pinching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and finger. He looked back up to Corran, his mouth stretched into a thin line. “Does anybody have any explanation? Wait…first tell me, what does Streke believe is happening.”

“He thinks we are somehow involved in the increase of Force crimes…that we are trying to subvert his authority by making him look like an ineffectual leader…a person incapable of stemming the crime spree plaguing the capital.”

Mara threw her hands up. “Of course he does. Never mind the fact that his own political bungling is the reason he looks like an ineffectual leader.”

Luke regarded to Corran. “What do you think is the cause?”

The Jedi ran his fingers through his beard in thought. “I know we have a strict vetting process for Jedi candidates. They have to be nominated by a senator or territorial leader. They must get a letter of recommendation from a current Jedi Knight or Master and they have to do all of this on their home worlds. With that said, every year thousands of Jedi wannabes show up on the temple doorstep begging for a chance to be interviewed or tested.”

“Walk-ins are never allowed,” Luke sighed.

“True, but most of these young people have used every credit they've saved just to get to Coruscant. Once here they are turned away and stranded on the city-world. I think that may be the source of this increasing number of weak to marginal Force-using criminals.” Corran gave a frustrated gesture. “If they don’t have useful job skills they might resort to robbery or grifting.”

Mara folded her arms across her body and glowered at the screen. “If that is true…there isn’t anything the Jedi council can do about it. We can’t stop people from traveling to Coruscant.”

Corran threw his hands up in a sign of defeat. “And that is why Coruscant is now getting a five hundred unit penitentiary wing to hold Force-using offenders.”

My uncle rubbed his thumbs against his temples. “The Jedi can’t oppose the facility when there is documented evidence of its need. I guess we will just have to accept this.”

Corran nodded in agreement. “Luke,” Corran said slowly. “Streke’s paranoia against the Jedi is becoming problematic. Already there are rumors that he is sowing the seeds of discontent among the senate and world leaders. I’ve seen more than one news report accusing the Jedi of corruption or other nefarious undertakings. It may be time to consider moving the Temple away from Coruscant.”

My uncle didn’t respond right away, when he did his voice held an unusual edge. “I think that is exactly what he wants…or what somebody else wants and is using Streke to make it happen. You saw the footage Corsec captured of him and an unknown person discussing the removal of the Jedi from Coruscant. Somebody wants us off the planet for a reason.”

“True.” Worry darkened Corran’s expression. “But if he does decide to turn on the Jedi…it would be nice to be out of his reach.”

Luke shook his head. “And go where? Any place within the Galactic Alliance is within his reach and any planet we relocate to will feel his wrath if he is so inclined to turn on the Jedi. I know Jacen and Tenel Ka have invited me to established sub-temples in the Consortium, but if I do that will it strain their relationship with the Alliance?”

“Emperor Fel would welcome us,” My Aunt Mara said with a slight smirk.

My uncle laughed. “Go over to the Empire? I’m sure that wouldn’t upset the Alliance,” he said sarcastically. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms across his chest. “No, just let things be for now. Something new will come up to distract the Chief-of-State.”

“Maybe a shiny piece of metal or a pretty rock,” my aunt said acerbically.

“Or Stygium crystals,” Corran said with a smirk.

My uncle sat up in his chair. “What about Stygium crystals?”

“Rumor has it a stygium-bearing vein was unearthed on Ec Pand. If that’s true, the crystals are so expensive and rare that they could make Ec Pand one of the top ten richest planets in our galaxy.”

My stomach dropped upon hearing that news. Ec Pand was part of the Indupar Crown Worlds ruled by young King Marcus Odaj Indupar…my son. Of course, only my immediate family and Ben and Valla know that I am the father. I promised his mother I wouldn’t tell anybody else about his parentage.

Ben glanced over to me looking deeply concerned but didn’t speak.

Mara gave a devious smile. “I bet that news is driving our Chief-of-State crazy. Ec Pand is not in the Galactic Alliance and those crystals are used to make cloaking devices. They are highly regulated by our government. Do you think the GA will try to annex the planet?”

Corran shrugged. “If it is true, Streke will either have to negotiate with the Indupar government or seize the planet. I don’t think he will want Ec Pand selling the crystals to foreign governments…not when they are strictly regulated everywhere else.”

“Perhaps I should go and talk to this young king and warn him of the possibility. I have been meaning to meet Mark’s young protégé for some time now.” Luke turned to me. “You've met the King, what do you think of him?”

I didn’t answer. I was fighting down the bile creeping up my throat. All I wanted to do was get back to my ship and contact my parents and find out what was going on and have them prepare for trouble.

“Talon?” My uncle prompted me out of my musings. “Do you think he will sell the crystals to the highest bidder?”

I shook my head. “No. He wouldn’t want to disrupt the military balance of the galaxy…and I don’t think you should go to Indupar.”

He rotated his seat so he could look at me fully. “Why is that?”

I took a calming breath and began to lie. The last thing I wanted was my aunt and uncle on Indupar because if they came into contact with Marcus they would immediately know he was my son. “Because Mokk Streke already believes you are trying to destabilize his government. If he discovers you traveled to Indupar, he’ll assume you are trying to acquire the crystals for your own purposes.”

Luke gave me a long hard look before nodding. “You’re probably right.”

“If you want, I can go talk to the king. My father is training him. That shouldn’t look suspicious.”

Luke turned back to the transceiver screen where Corran waited silently. “What do you think Corran? Should we send a Jedi?”

“I think Talon is right. He’s probably the only Jedi that can travel to Indupar without raising an eyebrow.”

Luke glanced back to me. “Prep your StealthX, Talon. See if you can find out what the Indupar Crown worlds plan to do with such militarily strategic crystals.” He looked to Mara and then returned his gaze back to me. “You may want to give the young king a heads up that the Galactic Alliance might want to acquire those particular resources.”

“Right away,” I turned and motioned for Zylie to follow me back to the ship. I desperately needed to talk to my parents before I left.

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Talon gets to see his son and he's attempting to keep the secret from Luke. It would've been an interesting conversation if Luke discovered the young king to be Talon's son.

More soon

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Interesting developments for Talon. I hope everything turns alright for him and his son