main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Juggernaut and the AT-AT

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by AUSSIETROOPER20, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    It's weird that they would go from 6 legs (AotC) to 6 wheels (RotS) to 4 legs (ESB, RotJ).

Wheels? What happened to the animal motif?

2. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I wouldnt mind seeing a four legged walker, but not the AT-AT. Mabye an AT-TE type vehicle without the middle legs and less of a beinding moition when it walks. Mabye even give it a head like compartment...wait a second... [face_thinking]

Ok, yea I wanna see the AT-AT :D

3. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    [image=http://www.meinesammlung.com/~userpics/ObiHahn/atst.JPG]

AT-ST

4. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    I just watched the teaser trailor for revenge of the sith, and just when I saw the wookies cheering scene, I notest 3 Juggernauts at the far back coming to there location, plus I saw some AT-XT walkers, and some AT-TE walkers, and I thought I saw a AT-AT walker too.

I haven't got a picture, but if you watch the trailor on the net and slow it down at this scene, you'll see it far behind al the wokies.

I think the one standing is Chewie.

5. DarthRonin1976

DarthRonin1976 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    There were walkers in the backgroundand juggernauts. I think they are some kind of AT-ST predecessor. I did not see an AT-AT-like vehicle.

6. Jon_Bon_Kenobi

Jon_Bon_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    To finally clear this up with regard to the trailer, and for Clone 3131 'The Juggernaught will NOT be in EP3' etc :)

In the EP3 ROTS Trailer in the Background of the Wookies shot we see:

? 3 Juggernaughts rolling down the hill behind the wookies.
    ? The precursor to the AT-ST that has THREE legs. Yes THREE legs.

If you have the trailer on Quicktime and can scroll the trailer in REVERSE with the control bar on Quicktime, you can see the THREE legged walker just next to the main wookies raised right arm putting one foot down.

Remember, run the trailer in reverse to see this and in slo-mo. The walkers in the background have three legs, so they are NOT At-AT's.

Hope this helps!
    :)

7. Jango_Bebop

Jango_Bebop Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    You guys beat me to it by a couple of hours. I can add that its a 1:21 if I recall. They look like they are pretty huge, but they are kind of far away so its hard to tell.

8. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Jon_Bon, took the word right out of my mouth. THREE legs!

9. AUSSIETROOPER20

Jul 19, 2004
    Maybe there some type of new 3 leged droids that are going to be destroyed finally by the troops, and I also knew that the Juggernauts would appear in this episode, cause they also fought after the destruction of the first death star, during the battle of Yavin as it's been shown on the wizards game cards battle of Yavin.

Maybe some Jedi drive on some.

10. sabo-wan

sabo-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2001
    Hmm...I'm wondering just how these 3-legged walkers are going to look in motion. It's just kind of difficult for me to imagine; all I can think of is a gimpy three-legged dog running around, and somehow that doesn't seem right for a lumbering behemoth of a killing machine. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what ILM has in store for us.

11. Jon_Bon_Kenobi

Jon_Bon_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Im also a bit confused as to HOW a three-legged walker would actually move? But the walkers are definatly three-legged in the background of the wookie shot!

It seems the Empire just likes to keep experimenting with weird leg combinations for its vehicles!

:D

12. Barf_Vader

Barf_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    R2-D2 has 3 legs (look carefully) and he slides.That could be a clue! :D

13. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    If it has three legs the only thing I can think of is using the middle leg like a crutch. The middle leg goes forward, between the two outside legs, and then the outside legs move forward together. Wait, that would look....silly, wouldn't it? [face_laugh]

14. AUSSIETROOPER20

Jul 19, 2004
    I think there will be AT-AT walkers as well, even though we haven't seen them in the teaser trailor, plus we all know now that the juggernaut will appear in this film, after all, GL did say there will be EU charactors, vehicles and planets added to this episode.

15. Vader_of_Vjun

Vader_of_Vjun Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2004
    I don't think that an ESB ATAT will be in it, but perhaps something very close

16. AUSSIETROOPER20

Jul 19, 2004
    I just watched the teaser trailor again and did notest some 3 legged walkers. Maybe there called AT-WT walkers which would be short for All Terrian War Transport Walkers.

There are 3 Juggernauts. If someone can get this picture of these from the trailor, get them.

17. Vader_of_Vjun

Vader_of_Vjun Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2004
  18. hedistic

hedistic Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2003
    here is the picture from the trailer:

[image=http://totallyawesomedude.com/matthew/images/other/ep3juggernauts.jpg]

19. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Great work there hedistic, I couldn't quite make them out before but your image makes it a lot easier, thanks!

20. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    If that's what's coming BEHIND him, someone ought to suggest that Wookie turn around.

(hm, or are the Juggernauts and walker's on the SIDE of the Wookies this time around? Heh, won't last. ;))

21. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah it must be the Clone & Wookies VS the Droids -- until the Clones turn on them.

22. GoTigers84

GoTigers84 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2004
    Nice jugg's :)

I swear they've pulled out ALL stops for this movie.

23. Sex-n-CloudCity

Sex-n-CloudCity Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2004
    AT-AT in Ep III look at the trailer pause it on the mass wookie scene in background its all there.

24. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    It's not an AT-AT

25. AUSSIETROOPER20

Jul 19, 2004
    I just relised that there not three legged walkers, instead there early type AT-AT walker.

the way I notest this was by making the scene picture bigger and looking closly to those walkers, and I notest the fourth legs hiding just behind one of the legs of each walker, so there are not any three legged walkers but AT-AT walkers.

Remember, the Juggernauts and AT-AT walkers are the same hight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.