main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the "junkyard" blaster

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SithLordBryJaTomarr, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordBryJaTomarr

SithLordBryJaTomarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Below is a link to a pic of a blaster I threw together from a bunch of leftover parts from other projects and whatnot. I like to call it my junkyard blaster.
    Though it's still in it's early stages, thought I'd let it be seen.

Let me know what you think.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xxxjrod13xxx/vwp?.dir=/Props&.dnm=junk+blaster.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

2. jordankarr

jordankarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Not a bad looking Blaster Pistol... I would love to see finished photos..

3. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    I think you need to learn to use markup codes.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I can't see it. Maybe can you give me a link to your album instead of the picture? Then I could probably see it.

5. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    That's going to look good when finished. :)

For everyone who's had trouble viewing it, here's a link to the album. The blaster is in the "props" folder.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Nice. I have a blaster that's in that stage too. But the construction is a bit less complex. Right now, It's just the watergun with a notch on the top cut off, with a PVC pipe resting on top attached with rubber bands, waiting for the construction cement attachment of the PVC scope onto the main gun. After that I'll paint it with chrome or grey colored primer, and then paint it flat black.

7. Antilles01

Antilles01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    I'm in the process of making a rebel blaster rifle, the ones the Hoth and Endor troopers carried. I've found that to make it look like real metal, get some silver or chrome paint and apply it to a rag or paper towel (or even your finger), then rub it on something else to get most of the silver off, so theres only a bit left, then brush it on the prop (after it has been painted black). The result is a realistic black metallic surface.

Also, it's always a good idea to use flat clear finishing spray to keep the paint from rubbing off.

8. squeet_1

squeet_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Funny thing about prop blaster construction, I have more than enough spare crap that I'm building a custom type blaster as well, just about the same stage too. Ain't it great the various styles of squirtguns out there!!!

9. SithLordBryJaTomarr

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks for all the great comments, everyone and especially to you, StormTrooperPrincess for that hook up with the link! And yes, I know I need to learn how to use the mark up codes... I'll get 'em to work for me eventually! =P

I'd also like to see some of you guys post pics of your blasters as they come along. Post 'em here if possible! I should have some more pics of mine when I get a chance... busy, busy, busy!

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Upping thread by request. :)

11. SithLordBryJaTomarr

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks Dawn!

Okay folks, here it is! Finally finished after over a year on the shelf, the junkyard blaster has arrived! Pieced together from scrap parts of past projects, this piece will probably become a part of a custom Mandolorian warrior or a Sith character. The Junkyard Blaster!

Ed: Pics are in the "props" folder. ~-

12. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    That's a sweet blaster. Good work.

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes, great job! The different pieces look cohesive together and I like the overall shape of it.
    You must be happy to have it completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.