main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jurassic Hotel - The Land before Geriatrics

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Jedi_Satimber, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Only if he's cooking something of interest (which isn't very often for me) or it's that show where they were trying to train some new chefs. Otherwise, I usually flip the channel. :p

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    actually, Bobby Flay has toned it down alot. He was worse last year; a really biggee attitude issue last year. perhaps someone told him a thing or two....... Not much choice today; it's like a Bobby Flay cookathon. Just look at the food and shut out his voice (turn down volume.) Emeril has a case of attitude now, not a biggee one, but he knows who he is. I miss seeing the Naked Chef from England. I just luv Giana; her Italian dishes look so delicious. I also don't see Ming Tsai on food channel anymore; don't know if he's just on during the day while I'm at work; have seen him on fineliving recently. going over to travel channel now; vintage camping trailers are on. laundry is in. ribs baking in oven to tenderize before throwing on grill. gotz to pack care packages for Iraq. My last 2 soldiers return from Afghanistan on Saturday.

3. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    True. He has toned it down lately, for whatever reasons. Part of the reason he's somewhat more bareble to watch. But off and on you get a flash of his old self.

4. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    I only watch Rachel Ray on FoodTV. She's hte only one on there that seems to use ingredients you can actually find at Kroger.

5. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Anyone watch Hell's Kitchen tonight? Nothing like watching Ramsy go balistic on bad chefs. [face_mischief]

6. IowaSabre

IowaSabre Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Hells Kitchen - Funny how we have become acclimated to watching other people in pain! If I was a patron I would have walked out after no food for an hour and rude staff. I can't believe the blond bimbos didn't go off when he told them to go get more plastic surgery!

You know what, Hell with reality TV. Bring back Gladiators! We could empty out Guantanamo in a couple of shows. Though having two guys walk up to each other in the arena and blow themselves up probably wouldn't be very sporting.

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I didn't watch it. Then again, I don't watch TV much.

8. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, if you liked American Gladiators that much... :p

I doubt the patrons didn't have any clue at all what they were getting into. A brand new resturant opened up with a famous chef and tv cameras recording everything? As it was, usually people have to sign waivers of some sort so that the production can put their image on tv as part of the show. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the people, likely invities, would've gone just for the chance to be on tv. And anyone that did any research on Ramsy's background at all (be it the wannabe chefs or the patrons) would know what to expect of his behavior. It isn't the first show he's been on...not if you get BBC America or if your PBS carries his other show(s).

That said, yeah...after a certain point, it's time to leave the resturant. At least if you were planning on actually eating anything. ;)

9. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Morning all.

I love long weekends.

Mostly because they lead to short work weeks.

10. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    Morning all.

Flying back to Texas this morning. THis is good, because even though my husband can annoy me sometimes when he's around, I miss him when I haven't seen him for 6 days. :)

11. Yoda_yo_mama

Yoda_yo_mama Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 18, 2002
    Hi Elf. SAfe trip.

12. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    morning, fogeys. time to head out into the morning rush for another great week at the office. heard we're moving this summer, under short notice, which means we aren't moving until the powers that be finds us another suite of offices, but when that happens, understand it will be short notice, as everyone else wants our office space. so guess I'd better seriously shred old records and thin down all my filing cabinets and toss out old resource material that's outdated. geez, that sounds like work......

safe week everyone. :D

13. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Wow, this place was REALLY quiet yesterday.

Morning.

14. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    Morning all.

I'm pondering a career change.

15. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Is the new one stripper?

:D

Sorry. Exotic Dancer is the more PC term. ;)

16. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    morning everyone hope everyone had a good weekend.

I forgot that the Hell's Kitchen show was suppose to be on this week.

17. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Tobey, Elf is going to get you with her cane. :p

Morning! I spent the night sleeping in a twin bed with my daughter. [face_tired]

18. ShadowSea

ShadowSea Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Morning everyone.

:( did she was having nightmares? *hugs*

I am going today with my son to see again EpIII. :D with a big group.

Need go I must. My garden is waiting for me. ;)

19. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    my hard drive at work is going to get wiped clean and reloaded again. Hope I can back up all my data. The bad part is no one really is here now who can tell me where to find my data to back up; one is away at school and the other system administrator is one foot out the door transferring back to the east coast, so he isn't in the office very much. All my programs are locking down one by one so I can't access them. The information mgt teckkie told me he could wipe my machine clean and reload it. Everytime there's a new upgrade and our stuff is automatically migrated over, my machine seems to fragment alittle bit more. Now I can't access Excel, pictures, and access, and can't save anything in my forms flow. ahhhhhhh, technology at its best....... [face_plain]

20. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    ^ to mac I had to have that done to my computer once when it got hit by a virus. its no fun.

21. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hello everyone... look, I got new armor... Got promoted to Seargent in the Shadow Sith Army... :)

22. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    The system administrator came by today, so corralled him to showing me how to back up my data. the wipe comes tomorrow morning, so I'll either be operational by the time you read my tomorrow posty or will be crying in my soup........ :D

23. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Morning all.

Hard drive wipes are fun! As long as you know what you want to save and save it. I've wiped my hard drive before and realized too late that there was stuff I forgot to save off to another drive. Live and learn.

24. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Hello.

25. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Good Morning everyone... another rainy day here in NC... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.