main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT "The Justice of the Jundland" (OCs, clone wars, short story) COMPLETE 4, August

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kurisan, May 12, 2017.

1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Kurisan - nice update; and glad to see Maya's thinking, remembering there are more sources than just the Force to rely on for guidance. :)

KOTOR is set roughly 3,950 years before the events of the original Star Wars, during a crisis between the Jedi and a faction of the ancient Sith Lords (there's a lot more going on there - here's a link to the Wookie entry for more details): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic

The short version is that the KOTOR period (and Dark Horse's Tales of the Jedi comics before it) set up much of the Legends lore behind why Mandalorians and Jedi have such a bad history between them, as well a huge amount of the backstory behind the ancient Sith (TOTJ, especially, was the source for Sith lore for years until KOTOR, KOTOR II, and their related comics expanded on it).

Korriban, Ziost, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, and other Sith Lords, the Red Sith, the Massassi, Ossus as a center of Jedi learning ... they all stemmed from this time period. It's very hard to overestimate the amount of influence the games and comics had on things like Dark Horse's Republic tie-in comics during the prequels, and SW lore in general.

2. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  3. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    what's in there? Tekken?

Kurisan and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am easily startled too. Especially after having re-watched "The Birds" recently. :p

Kurisan likes this.
  5. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    Hmm - Kitster has a point; OTOH, Maya probably couldn't have detected that invisible sensor beam.

Let's hope the rest of the guard droids are as slow on the uptake as those B2s ...

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Guard towers, battle droids, surveillance beams... yep, "farm" is a very loose way of describing this place. I am more than a little worried for any animals that may be in those pens... undoubtedly there is some sinister purpose there. [face_worried]

Maya's still doing great—she shouldn't worry about measuring up to the Legendary Skywalker! But Kitster is doing a great job too, and definitely deserves her thanks. Now do I have this right: did Kitster actually somehow summon all those bonegnawer birds to fly over and distract the sensor turrets? If so, this fellow definitely seems to have some unexpected and hidden abilities!

Can't wait to see what they find inside this bizarre place... and I sure hope they'll be able to help the animals, if there are any there!

AzureAngel2 and Kurisan like this.
  7. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  8. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    whoa.
    someone's coming to check on the experiment? Or to destroy?
    Hm....

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Uh-oh, I don't like the looks of this experiment at all. All those modified, cloned eopies, dead as part of an experiment—and where their death is the desired goal of the experiment! I feel sorry for the plants, too—that is one serious waste of water on an arid planet like this one. Again, Maya really is super fortunate to have Kitster along on this trip, wth his knowledge of the local fauna—it would certainly be cool if she made good on her promise to put in a good word for him to the AgriCorps. If this ominous newcomer doesn't put these two too badly out of commission, that is! :eek: (Unless the ominous newcomer just has the heat lamp on, or something—desert evenings can be cold. :p )

10. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    Urk. Anti-clone efforts, Infiltrator-style ship ... [face_worried]

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    But somehow this update made me smiley, because we have mods on the boards, too. ;)

“No, they’re mods: Modified. Probably offworld imports – they usually struggle in Tatooine’s harsh climate.”

[face_rofl] Work with kids between 1 year of age and 6 years of age 5x per week and you develop a strange kind of humour.

Anyway, THAT ship basically screams powerful darksider:

It was a Star Courier. Maya shivered. The dagger-shaped infiltrator seemed to conjure a cold breeze with it, and the evening fell into dusk as it extended landing claws and touched down. The rear ramp yawned open to reveal an interior lit blood-red…

Kurisan and Findswoman like this.
  12. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Tekken, Mandalore, and Krell all in league? All very sinister, to be sure. The way Mandalore refers to Maneeli as "my geneticist" makes me wonder if he, too, is due to receive some kind of enhancements himself in addition to whatever they're doing to the penned animals. I wonder too what the stolen data was and how it fits with this current project; whatever they're plotting, it looks like the plan is to blow the place sky-high once they're done.

And yikes, now Maya and Kitster have been spotted! This is going to be tense, indeed! Think quick, you two! :eek:

14. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    Tekken and Mandalore! All Units?! Maya and Kitster have to run!

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope they will be brave enough to face them all and that the Force is with them.

Kurisan likes this.
  16. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    Ack! Stinking probe droids. [face_frustrated] Excellent use of one in these circumstances, though.

And Mandalore ... interesting pretention, there. Of course, being a Jango-clone, he has some claim to the title ... let's see if he can keep it, hmm ... ? ;)

17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

18. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    Fight Fight Fight Fight!

Out of Universe: Good luck with the move.

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, what a maneuver on Kitster's part! He seems to have some kind of animal-friendship skills to get that frightened eopie to respond to him so readily, and thank goodness for that, because it's largely due to that speedy ride that they got past the battle droids. Though Maya has definitely achieved "out of the frying pan and into the fire" status, what with Tekken facing her down and Kitster and the eopie carried away by sheer momentum. I hope they'll be OK and that they'll be back to help somehow!

And now, Darth Squidhead, sir, you've got some some major explaining to do about just what the Sam Hill is going on in this installation, anyway! :p

Looking forward to more of this exciting story, as always. :cool:

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    At the far end of the passage, Tekken faced her. Blank eyes stared and his face-tentacles writhed.

“We meet again, Padawan. Now it is time to end your meddling…”

What a cliff hanger! If I wouldn´t know any better I would say that you are doing this on purpose. ;):p

Good luck with the moving business and trying to settle down in the new place!

Kurisan and Findswoman like this.
  21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Totally doing this on purpose! [face_laugh]

Well, it's a good cliffie! Kitster seems to have gotten away scot-free, and yet I have a feeling he'll turn up to do something useful & charge to the rescue somehow. He's very resourceful in this, a great development of his character. I was a little afraid he'd use the eopies as living shield, but an eopie stampede does the trick.

And Maya...if they know your name & consider you a troublemaker, you must be doing something right. :D Creepy cloning experimentation... and she hasn't even fully uncovered the plot yet! All right, hanging off the cliff, here...

Good luck on the move! Always stressful, even if things go smoothly. Hope you get every squared away in your new place without too much angst.

22. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.

23. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    First!
    If she only knew the power of the dark side.

Hehe. captured.

Turn to the dark side Maya ;)

------------------------

Wait a minute

Abeloth! Is that you?

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh no, Maya! :eek: This whole duel reeks of a "dirty" (i.e., unfair) fight in so many ways: not only is Tekken's physical strength much greater than Maya's, plus this sort of "Force squid ink" he's using both to hide himself and baffle her, but it also seems that the "squid ink" is doing something to her psychically too—it seems to cloud not just her vision but also her emotions, and increasing her fear and uncertainty as well. At the same time, their duel has more than a little of the "cat playing with mouse" feeling to it, as if Tekken wants to keep Maya alive just a leeetle longer for some sinister purpose... I certainly wouldn't put it past him. (And now I'm wondering if he, Tekken, has a connection to the phenomenon that we've come to know as the Dragon of Dagobah, and whether he's brought it here to Tatooine to use it somehow... [face_thinking] ) Whatever the case may be, wonderful action as always, and I look forward to more!

25. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Use your feet, Maya! The instep, the shin, the nooglies! He's expecting you to fight fair. The squid ink is seriously creepy. Come on, Maya! You can take this guy! (That's what Mel would be shouting, right about now).