main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Kaiburr crystal in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darkcide, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I was just looking over the Third Draft of The Star Wars from August,1975--------Scene 46. Interior Alderran--Crystal chamber--Three Sith lords are on their knees praying before a shining crystal placed on a tall altar. They mumble a strange electronic chant.--First Sith: "Darth,did you feel that?"--Darth stands and stares at the crystal--Second Sith: "Was it an omen? What is it?"--Vader: "Something old has been awakened. The force has suddenly grown stronger. We must travel future paths with caution."

Messi, TK327, kip73 and 18 others like this.
  2. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Very interesting! This could explain that cool new lightsaber. The crystal powering it is so powerful it needs a new style of hilt or it could explode.

Miras-Etrin and darkcide like this.
  3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I liked the original idea of the Kaiburr Crystal being able to enhance one's force powers, but the CW changed it to just a crystal that holds information of all the Force-Sensitive children in the galaxy, if I remember it right.

Granek and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  4. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Awesome find! even the wording is very much the same "have you felt it?" "there was been an awakening"...

very cool

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    oooh nice catch.

Kaiburr have definitely made it into recent canon in a big way with the bonus episodes of Clone Wars and in Rebels.

Edit: I think I'll be reading the rest of the draft tonight, those lines are too close to what we got :D

Dak Oolron and darkcide like this.
  6. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    We all know how George Lucas likes to delve into the early drafts for story ideas and this could be another example of that. The way the teaser trailer opens with "There has been an awakening,have you felt it?". Does anybody else see a similarity there?

burg2774, Sab Jo and TheManFromMortis like this.
  7. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    I think you win the forums today, this is actually way more exciting than the action figure reveal for me. Pretty much confirms in my mind Serkis is a Sith of some kind.

burg2774, Sab Jo, Dak Oolron and 3 others like this.
  8. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    teh forum? TEH INTERNETZ!

nice find sir, thx for sharing

darkcide likes this.
  9. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Reminds me of a joke. Three Sith Lords walk into a bar...

10. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    That bit definitely sounds like dialogue between people, it could be in reference to something like this.

darkcide likes this.
  11. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014

he he- get it nauw-- [face_batting]

Shamear and Miras-Etrin like this.
  12. SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP Jedi Master star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    No offense but I almost passed on reading this thread...Good find darkcide.
    Seems too close to be a coincidence in dialogue of teaser...

Trebor Sabreon and darkcide like this.
  13. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Cool find. ..but more interesting NO RULE OF TWO but THREE??! Hmmm..

14. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    That's pretty cool would be interesting to see these ideas used in the movie.
    And it totally fits with the "Awakening" stuff

Dak Oolron and darkcide like this.
  15. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

No, they are also a vital part of lightsabres - they focus and direct the energy.

And as was hinted at in the Crystal Crisis arc of TCW and "Breaking Ranks" of Rebels, and confirmed by Pablo Hidalgo, the rare large kyber crystals are vital components of the superlasers on the Death Stars.

Interesting, but the uses of the crystals in TCW and Rebels, mean that kyber crystals are not something that would be worshipped or prayed to. And that they do not enhance Force ability like in Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

However, they say nothing gets thrown out at Lucasfilm, so whoever or whatever it was that suddenly got stronger in the Force in this extract, could indeed be an idea that Lucas returned to in developing Episode VII.;)

16. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    Sorry, but that's incorrect.

TheBBP likes this.
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Barman says "hey plagueis- why the long face"

18. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    In the final unaired TCW episode Yoda gives a brief,general explanation of the crystals(plural),so obviously there is more than one in the galaxy.

19. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I have said that this crystal could be a decent Macguffin. The wielder uses it to make themselves invincible in the Force with it and the most powerful such being in the galaxy. Imagine if that giant crystal is broken up into many smaller pieces it could be given to a legion of Force users to wreak havoc. I would be a great means to reconquer the galaxy for the Empire.

darkcide likes this.
  20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Cool. And I hope they take the idea of three Sith and go with it. I'd like to see the new Sith throw out the Rule of Two. It was more of a guideline for old Palps anyway.

21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    That's a pretty amazing find. It's uncanny how close that dialogue is to the teaser.

darkcide likes this.
  22. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Perhaps, this is how the villian gains his power, by finding the crystal. I'm thinking it could be chewies son, lumpy. Chewie would then be forced to kill his son. Possible reveal of chewie being a Jedi??

23. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Those early drafts are full full of nice little gems. Definitely worth a read and probably full of hints. Montross springs to mind.

24. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    We've seen a lot of ideas from early drafts and Ralph McQuarrie's concepts implemented into production of this next film. I think its a good sign. I just hope this makes it way as the new Sith lord's lair.

[​IMG]

25. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002

well if the concepts are anything to go by then you're in luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.