main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Kaiburr crystal in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darkcide, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000

[​IMG]

Three Sith enter! Two Sith leave!

2. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah more than one Sith would be nice. If not in TFA at least in Episodes 8 and/or 9
    Not really a fan of the rule of two..

Captain B likes this.
  3. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Does anyone know if the Kaiburr crystal could be used for the purposes of mind control? In Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Darth Vader became under the mindless control of the Dark Side because he had access to a shard and was attack Luke and Leia without any conscious ability to resist. I wonder if someone could see the potential mind control abilities of such a relic for themselves?

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Hmm

Other evidence that might support the idea of a crystal being involved in Episode 7 include

Kira = codename of Rey = The name of the female lead in the Dark Crystal - The dark crystal is used for mind control purposes and making creatures slaves. Gelflings (what Kira was) were drained of their essence to help rejuvenate the bad guys. Gelflings could meld their consciousness with others and transfer their thoughts onto objects.

Rose = codename for Lupita Nyong'os character. A character that has been described as potentially being mystical.

Roses Room (from Pirates Cove) = The name of an episode in Steven Universe. It's a show where a group of intergalactic warriors draw their power from special magic gem stones. The specific episode deals with a stone artifact being found and Steven entering a room that is separate from reality. Almost like the cave on Dagobah. He can

There apparently has been concept art showing what was the blue alien which might now be orange, fixing a lightsaber and handling a crystal.

A steady theme in spoilers has involved the importance of Anakin's lightsaber which no doubt has a crystal inside.

I suppose there could be room for a super weapon that involves a crystal and control over force sensitive beings.

Immortiss and Satipo like this.
  5. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Well the crystal was taken from the planet Circarpous V or renamed Mimban by Luke & Leia during a encounter with Vader it could be used to heal injuries a piece could be used to create a lightsaber crystal, the further away from the planet the crystal lost it's power weakened so mind control ablity could not be used.

6. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Serkis as an ancient Sith? The thought just gives me goosebumps!

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  8. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    An ancient Sith brought back to life by a crystal? (Kiber,Kyber,or Kaiburr?)

9. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    And three drunk Sith stumble out.

10. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Like I said the crystal will only work close to the planet apart from that Luke used it to teach his jedi padawans.

11. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014

Darth Punk likes this.
  12. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Well the implication in Rebels is that those crystals may be at the heart of the Death Star super laser, so if that old rumour about an Imperial super weapon is true, that may be where the crystal comes into play...if at all.

TheBBP likes this.
  13. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    And we may see crystal recovery efforts in the debris field of either/both Death Stars... I personally think there's already too many things going on plot-wise in this movie to add that to the mix, but still, that might be cool.

EDIT: 30 years later, I'd imagine the pieces of each Death Star are pretty well dispersed, assuming they blew apart as cleanly (no huge pieces) and as evenly (spherical blast symmetry) as shown on-screen. Still, there's a good chance pieces ended up on planets (and other celestial bodies) in the Yavin and Endor systems, assuming those pieces weren't annihilated by the blast.

14. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    What is the picture from?

15. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

16. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Both Death Star explosions and the crystal explosions in the TCW/Rebels - there is no chance that viable materials survived.

Plus, it is rather unimaginative and would simply be an excuse to return to an Original Trilogy location. If a giant crystal, or any kind, is being searched for it would be far better to have such a thing occur on a new world.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    This is a cool idea to entertain for kicks but I don't want to expect anything for this film...just because I don't want to be let down...everyone has an idea in their imagination of how the film should be and I really don't want to be let down...so I won't expect anything....

18. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Reading this, I just had a thought. The climax of Splinter of the Mind's Eye featured a lightsaber battle between Vader on the one hand, with Luke and Leia on the other. First Vader defeats Leia -- she crumples on the floor and even dies -- then he fights with Luke, who is able to defeat him. Luke then uses the crystal to heal Leia and bring her back to life.

In the Daisy thread, jimjamjim said he saw part of a lightsaber duel in the snowy forest where the Driver character fights with John and Daisy. He said that Daisy's character was crumpled on the ground, severely injured or he even thought she might be dead, as Boyega and Driver fought it out.

Could the three-way lightsaber fight in the snowy forest be a reworking of the three-way duel from Splinter? Complete with Daisy's character dying and Finn using the crystal to bring her back to life?

If the Kaiburr crystal is indeed part of the TFA plot, it wouldn't surprise me. George does like his rhymes.

19. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Cheesy as hell.

Shamear and loki41872 like this.
  20. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Maybe by Folgers Crystals? They are the best part of waking up, afterall. Could explain the meaning of "an awakening".

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Eh no, pretty much every atom in the universe heavier than hydrogen was formed in a star and then scattered all over when the star goes boom. The explosion doesn't destroy the atoms, it just sends them flying everywhere like tiny marbles. So unless the crystals were ripped apart at the molecular level, it might be possible to gather up the little bits and reconstitute them. As for whether that would be a good plot element though (or whether it's cost-effective to do this in-universe), that might be another story.

22. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

;) - Only seen it once so I doubt I'd have figured it out. Cheers.

I didn't mean it in a science sense - I meant in a storytelling sense. Would it have been good storytelling if Indiana Jones 2 had Indy return to the same locations that he visited in Raiders?

Revisiting Tatooine is fine - to be expected since the planet is as much a Star Wars character as the Falcon and the X-Wing. I would Coruscant too since it is the traditional centre of government. However, there would be no valid reasons to return the action to wilderness worlds like Hoth or Endor when a new location will serve a better purpose. Reusing the same worlds is lazy and makes the GFFA seem small.

23. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Interesting plot that could work but I doubt Leia's death in a temple would be a fitting way to go. Apart from that all good.

24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm here all week, try the veal.

Royale w/ Codeine likes this.
  25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Excellent find OP. Thanks for sharing. I like the idea of three Sith too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.