main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Kaiburr crystal - Part 2

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheNewEmpire, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    My last thread was closed before I had a chance to reply.

I realize that the EU is dead. I haven't slept through the last year. No, what I was getting at is that Filoni's trashing of the old EU/Legends has left me more confused that annoyed.

I don't understand what a Kaiburr crystal is anymore.

The idea I had in my mind from reading SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE is obviously not the same as the one used in Rebels. (For the reasons I said in the previous thread)

What I want to know is what the Kaiburr crystal means now.
    It seems to be the name for lightsaber crystals. All crystals found on Illum. Correct? Used for focusing energy through them...

My problem with Filoni is that he is taking bits and pieces for the old EU but changing them so much they hardly represent what they were originally. Like the Mandos for example. What is the point in doing that?

Either come up with your own original ideas or if you do re-use the EU don't change it so drastically. It just leaves me and my friends confused all the time.

EVERY SINGLE piece of EU Dave or George touched in the clone wars and now Rebels has been turned into a weaker form of itself.

Note to trigger-happy mod: Please allow my question to be answered to my satisfaction before closing this thread please. I'm not here to troll, please don't treat me like one.

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    In other words, neither TCW nor Rebels has touched the Kaiburr crystal from SotME. Ignoring the fact that one is Legends and one is canon, they are different names (albeit homophones), different things. Both are independent of each other.

3. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    :confused:Wha?

That's just ridiculous. All these crystals with the same name but different spelling. And here I was thinking that the story group was supposed to bring order to the galaxy. Seems that they are doing anything but.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kiber crystal is the original name as the wookie link also mentions that :

Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength" (Mentioned only)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaiburr_crystal

Both are force sensitive and attuned:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A_Test_of_Strength

Seems more a question of semantics and nitpicking and some changes is all. The giant ones could be found off Illum, the darkside saber crystals are unknown right now just how they obtain them as well - it isnt likely they also go to Illum.

5. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    And the one on Mimban?

6. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Mimban was used in Clone Wars, so it is possible there is a crystal there. They could be found on other planets, I do not think the show(s) ever confined them to Illum alone. Its just that over time Illum became of the last sacred and most guarded trove of them around at this point in time. But until EU is adapted or readapted into mainstream canon, it is just remains salad bar which it really was to begin with.

7. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Splinter of the minds eye can work with a little tweaking. Luke Finds Windu hiding out there and windu fights Vader at the end and not Luke...

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Windu went out the window, unless Sidious blasted him so far he went to Mimban, his jive behind is roadkill.

9. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Windu landed on the roof of a passing speeder.

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Holocron appearance maybe, alive no. Windu is a goner, brain fried, arm missing, body crushed and roadkill. Unless his skull is serving as a encasement for a Kaiburr crystal, I don't see a connection. Maybe Filoni will bring him back, in which case you could find something to like about him, but right now accept it and move along.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cevan and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    How about you accept that he's alive living on Mimban?
    Anakin fell 3 billion miles to land on Zam's speeder didn't he? Mace lost a hand, he still had one good and and the force, what else does a motherf***in Jedi need?!

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    TheNewEmpire When a thread's closed, it's done for a reason. Please use existing threads to discuss... whatever you're trying to discuss.

Before I go, let me tell you a simple fact- all published material from before 2014 no longer counts. All those TCW contradictions are no longer contradictions. Going forward anything's game. Specifically for this thread, the events SOTME never happened, unless they're specifically referenced in a future work.

As for Mace Windu, he dead son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.