main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Keeper of Memories~ "Dear Diary chlg," (OCs, L/M ) ~*~ Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    =D= @};- =D= @};- =D= @};-

How beautiful, lady. I loved reading Alida's thoughts on her father's legacy--how proud he would be! The last line is more than perfect. This story is one of the best I've ever read--your characters feel like old friends now.

Wonderful job, gal. Thank you for giving us Alida and Bruno. [:D]

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= Outstanding, Sister-pilot!

This diary has kept me rivoted to my screen and touched my heart at the same time. I will miss it so much, but know that I'll still have your future stories to read!

Bravo and well done! @};-

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, this has been such a wonderful story, divapilot. [:D]
    I can't believe it's all over.:_|

So she did not get her name back. But I think she is happy with her new one, too. And she can see her relatives again, which, IMO, is worth much more than a name.
    I would have liked to see Luke and Mara's marriage through her eyes, but I have hope for that in the Alliance at Alida's story.:D

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    A lovely conclusion to her year-long writings. Both Alida and Bruno have been some of the best OC's I can remember. Great job, lady!

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Here is my father?s legacy: These people, who have cared for me and forgiven me and defended me. My mother, who raised me. My sister and her husband, who found ways to keep me from feeling abandoned in my darkest times. Their children, who have brought laughter to our lives. And my darling Bruno, who has always cherished me more than life itself. The Guardian of Ryloth has been kind to me. Their love is the memory I keep.

Gorgeous and perfect ending, my friend! [:D] =D= [face_love] @};-

I have loved this story all year and it'll be sad to not see it around. I'm gonna miss Alida and Bruno!! :_|

Wonderful, wonderful tale. Take a bow, lady!

@};- @};- @};-

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Fabulous!!!!!
    @};-@};-@};-

Your story and wonderful characters are the memories that I will keep.
    [:D]

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I've been a bad, bad reader... Sorry for lack of responses! I think with this break in-between the terms I've stayed away from any surrounding computers. LOL Thank you for your understanding! (Side note: I'm hoping to do some "Blood of the Hand" writing this week. It's slow going, I'm afraid. ;) You're super sweet for asking! [:D] ) Now on to the goodies! [face_dancing]

Entry 37.

Hurrah! My prayers were answered too! I have an inkling what this grand news could be... :) I love the friendship between Alida and Mara. Trust is so hard to come by. And Bruno is such a wonderful man - tourists like that guy reminds me of when I used to waitress in a resort community. If only I had a Bruno; but I managed them just fine by myself. LOL And what's this??? Lawyers?:oops: Why did it have to be lawyers? ;) (Indiana Jones semi-reference - couldn't help myself)[face_batting]

Entry 38.

?It is important! You forget how precious those first fires of love are,?

LOL Alida is a pip! Definitely a kindred spirit! ;)

Score for Team Maritin! They won!=D= I'm so happy for their success. Now I pray those horrible people will leave them alone in peace.

Entry 39:

What a proper ending for an exceptional original character. Both Mara/Luke and Alida/Bruno find their happy endings. I salute you for concluding work that has made us feel in every sense possible. This was certainly a challenge and you met it in every way. Keeper of Memories is one of my favorites on the boards. I know that I will seek this out again in the future for rereads. Every time I read your work, diva, I feel I learn more about how to be a fine storyteller. Brava! I can tell your spirit runs through this and that is a sign of a brave and true author. Congrats to you, my friend! =D= [:D]

8. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    What a beautiful ending, divapilot! It was really a joy to read "The Keeper of Memories" for the past year. I love the way you tied up all the loose ends in this concluding post. The gentle, reflective nature of this final post truly made it stand out.

Here's wishing you all the best in your future stories! :) @};-

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I was very disappointed when I learned that the clan lawgivers would not reinstate my full name. It remains broken to this day, but by now I have been Alida Maritin for nearly as long as I was Alidan?avarth. I have come to honor and love the name I share with my husband.

[face_love] Love that!

Here is my father?s legacy: These people, who have cared for me and forgiven me and defended me. My mother, who raised me. My sister and her husband, who found ways to keep me from feeling abandoned in my darkest times. Their children, who have brought laughter to our lives. And my darling Bruno, who has always cherished me more than life itself. The Guardian of Ryloth has been kind to me. Their love is the memory I keep.

That is just the most perfect, sublime ending to hope for - brilliant! I love it, it really wraps up Alida's journey. Wonderful fic - I'm sad it's over!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.