main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Kelthorn Uprising - H/L

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rainge, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainge

Rainge Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2008
    It's time I stopped lurking and started writing. :)

THE KELTHORN UPRISING
    Author: Rainge
    Timeframe: Legacy of the Force (Post-Fury)
    Characters: Han, Leia, OCs
    Genre: action, drama, maybe some H/L mushiness
    Summary: A revolt on the icy world of Kelthorn has threatened the supply of raw materials needed for the Hapes Consortium's military reconstruction. As a favor to the Hapan Queen, Han and Leia agree to investigate and aid the inexperienced Kelthorn military in resolving the crisis. The crisis, however, is far more complex than they know.

Note: I imagine this happening just after the events of "Fury", but I suppose it could pretty much be any time after the NJO ends. The only references to events in "Fury" should be confined to Chapter 2. I was originally going to do this as a Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan mission, but I figured Han and Leia would be more... colorful.

[b]Chapter 1

Telkiati Tundra - Northern Kelthorn[/b]

[i]At least it isn't Tatooine.[/i]

Considering the hundreds of worlds he'd visited over the course his career as both a soldier and hired mercenary, the fact that the only redeeming virtue Hitch Dawnflare could find in this frozen rock was that is wasn't his desert homeworld of Tatooine gave him pause. This was definitely a new low-point in his life.

The job description sounded good enough - after all, what hired merc would turn down an opportunity to be the personal security chief for the Crown Princess of a planet? The mounting snow his scout team was trudging through and the harsh wind that his thick blue coat couldn't seem to keep out were firm reminders that the job sounded far more glamorous than the reality.

The scanning unit he carried began to show some readings and he signaled for his team to stop. Some twenty other soldiers in blue coats identical to his came to a halt, while the lone person with them in white approached his side to get a look at the scanner.

"Picking up something?" the figure in white asked, pulling back her hood and lifting her goggles.

Hitch glanced at her... a look that lasted a bit longer than a glance while he took in the high cheeks, deep brown eyes, and fair skin of his employer. His job may not have been glamorous, but the Crown Princess herself certainly was.

[i]Okay, so the scenery here isn't all that bad.[/i]

"Yes, Your Majesty," he replied, pointing at the scanner. "We're on top of the Telkiati Mine facility now." He gestured up the steep hill before them. "The Number-Four shaft should be a few hundred meters beyond that ridge."

"Let's get going then," she admonished, immediately taking off to trudge up the hill. "I don't want to keep the rebels' ambassador waiting."

Hitch grabbed her arm to halt her. "Princess Minadia, we could be walking straight into an ambush."

"Nonsense, Captain Dawnflare," she grumbled, trying to shrug herself free of him. "It's taken nearly four months to get them to the negotiating table - we're never going to get the mines back in service as long as they're controlling all the northern facilities." She fixed him with a look that signified she was exerting her royal authority. "I'm not putting off this rare chance to make some significant progress."

Reluctantly, Hitch sighed and let go of her arm. The Princess renewed her assault on the hill and began climbing up without waiting for the others.

"I've got a really bad feeling about this," he mumbled. He signaled the rest of the squad and they began their ascent of the hill. Luck, he hoped, would be on their side and that this meeting between the Princess and the rebels would be productive.

Princess Minadia reached the top of the ridge first and turned back to wave at him.

"They're here!" she shouted with excitement.

A quick flash and the loud report of a sniper's rifle quickly brought Hitch's bad feeling into the realm of a very real nightmare. Instinctively, he charged up the hill toward the Princess. "Get down!" he screamed.

Minadia didn't. Instead, t

2. dawn7191

dawn7191 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2007
    Wo hoo first post:) Great start!=D= I can't wait to read more. Please put me on your pm list.

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    A Han and Leia story?? I'm in! :D :D

4. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    You''e got a good start. Your writing flows well, and you've definitely caught my attention.

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Interested to see more.
    Great start

6. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The imagery in this was superb. I could imagine exactly what was happening as a crisp, clear image in my head as events unfolded.

Fantastic writing. =D= If you're handing them out, could I please have PM's when you update?

7. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Very nicely done. If you have a PM list I'd love to be on it.

Bravo! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.