Discussion The key elements to becoming a good film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Alderaan Luke, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Alderaan Luke Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi @ all

I'm new on the forum, and English is not my main language, so sorry for that.

I'm really excited about the new Episode VII being made.

In my opinion, this new film should be the most similar to the OT as possible, in the sense that what made those 3 episodes great films was:

1) The were old-school adventure films...themed in Space and in a war between 2 sides, yes, BUT it was really focused on the adventure-plot and the characters, not so much on the Jedi Councils, etc.

2) The focus was on a few characters. Not on 20 characters. The focus was the story of what happens to 4-5 main characters, and also the bad guys number of characters was more focused on fewer characters than on the PT.

3) Less CGI and more character development. The film needs to be credible. The more CGI, the lesser credible it becomes. CGI should only be used to very precise moments. We have to come back to big sets, puppets and big locations like deserts and also smaller ones like bars and towns.

4) The film needs to have a rounded plot, with the scenes related to each other, and needs to mantain the interest, and NOT be too predictable.

5) The film has to feel new, forget about casting Harrison Ford again. We need new heroes. Do a massive casting and find a new Mark Hamill and a new Harrison Ford.

Look, what i'm trying to say is, you can make a blockbuster, like Avengers was, making a popcorn film, like Avegers was. But you can also make a blockbuster making a good film, like the OT films were, and if you make a really good film, on the long term, people will be more receptive to new Episodes.
  2. Cantina Bassist Jedi Master

star 2
    One thing the prequels didn't have: a charismatic cast, especially the lead.
    Alderaan Luke likes this.