main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Kid Got Lucky-OT one-shot, H/L

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sock_of_Darth_Vader, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Set during ANH, after the destruction of the Death Star.

This fic was inspired by this awesome pic by Kate, also known as Leela. Thanks!

My other Leia one shots are:
    Leia Among the Imperials
    Breathing Space
    Alderaan Rising
    -----

Leia Organa stepped from the female shower room, smoothing down her new Alliance uniform. She had coiled her damp plaits neatly round her head, in a more practical style than the buns she had been wearing earlier. She couldn't remember ever needing a shower more.

The freckle-faced young man in charge of Stores-"Griff," he had introduced himself laconically-met her outside the door.

"Does the uniform fit? I had a job to find one-you're awfully small."

"It's fine, thank you."

The young soldier saluted and ran off, obviously eager to get back to the celebrations. Leia followed more slowly down the corridor. In her new outfit, she felt different, older. As though the person she had been had died with Alderaan, and a new woman created in her place. Someone wiser, sadder, but unyielding as steel.

She felt slightly detached from the noisy celebrations going on around her, feeling the same floaty sensation she had felt during her interrogation. The result she had been striving for since the Death Star plans had been transmitted to her ship was accomplished. The most powerful weapon ever created was gone, destroyed in an instant by Luke's shot. But it had taken her home and sixty million people along with it.

She would not have thought it possible, if she hadn't seen it happen.

The euphoria she had felt earlier, the rush of adrenaline and relief when the Death Star had blown, was all ebbed away now. Her various aches were resurfacing, and she was weary to her bones.

The fighter hangars were filled with groups of revellers. All the alcohol stashed away in the base must have been broken out tonight. She spotted Wedge Antilles, the pilot who'd shot a TIE off Luke's tail, still in his flight suit and surrounded by a circle of admirers. He was gesticulating wildly with the half-empty bottle he clutched. Leia smiled half-heartedly and walked on through the hangar.

Her feet took her to the end of the row of fighters, where a battered YT-1300 stock freighter stood. It felt like coming home.

The three of them were in the lounge. Luke, unlike Wedge, had managed to shed his flightsuit, and was in his farm clothes. His eyes were fixed on Han with an earnest concentration that spoke ill of his sobriety.

"But it's true," he was saying. Then he spotted her.

"Leia! You believe me, don't you?"

"Kid...you're drunk," Han said resignedly.

"Ben spoke to me. Up there. He did!" Luke insisted.

Leia sat down opposite him and patted his arm.

"I'm sure he did," she soothed. Oddly, she found as she said it that she did believe it, incredible as it seemed. Luke gave her one of his beautiful smiles.

"I knew you'd b'lieve me," he said contentedly. Leia turned to Han.

"Did you get him this drunk?" she hissed. Han gave her an injured look.

"Me? I rescued him-people kept on giving him drinks! No telling what state he'd be in now if I hadn't. You make a hopeless drunk, Luke."

"'M I drunk?

Han groaned. "Think you can hold your drink any better, Your Royalness? Cos I've a bottle of Corellian brandy I'm not about to waste on someone as bottled as Luke already is."

A small voice at the back of Leia's mind insisted that drinking brandy with smugglers was a Bad Idea; but the last few days had brought her beyond caring.

"Why not?"

Han grinned lopsidedly. "That's the spirit, Princess. Come and carry the glasses, would ya?"

The Millennium Falcon's galley, like the rest of her, seemed to hold more than met the eye. Leia recognized the bottle of br

2. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow, that was good. I epescially liked the last line :)

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    AWW! THAT WAS CUTE!

4. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Aw, that's was great, Sock_Of_Darth_Vader! I love these post-ANH H/L stories... I liked how you captured the awkwardness between H/L... They're starting to warm up to each other, but things are still hard for Leia...

Awesome work--great portrayal of both characters! :)

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    That was so sweet, Sock_of_Darth_Vader! Perfectly captured Leia's mood after the Alderaan ordeal... and the flirtage between the princess and the pirate. ;-)

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

Well done! I really liked it! :D

J_Girl

7. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    That was a really nice story, Sock_of_Darth_Vader. Feeling nicely chuffed to hear that one of my illos inspired it. :)

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was really quite well done. And thanks for putting up all the other links. I immediately went to them and read them all in one sitting.

I'll be looking for more of your work. Great job.

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Cat, that was beautifully done! I loved how this might have been the initial interaction that made them both feel something for each other. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Write more!

10. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Thanks for the reviews, everyone!

crystalrain: I'm quite fond of that line myself. I couldn't think of a way to end it, and it just popped into my head suddenly?in church, I think.

Puggy: Yeah, I love writing (and reading) that period.

Sunshine: Flirtage is a great word ;)

J_Girl and Diamond_Pony: Thanks!

Leela: I saw the pic (over on Tara's site, I think) and thought, Hmmm, Han and Leia getting a bit happy ;) would be a good way to show their feelings for each other: when would Leia be most likely to want to get drunk? Answer: Right after the DS was blown up and the excitement was over and she realises Alderaan isn't coming back. And so this ficlet was born. Luke's very aggravating when drunk, though?I just made him pass out so he wouldn't interrupt the H/L bonding ;)

Dianethx: All at once? Wow. I think there are a couple more in my bio that I didn't link to, if you're interested?Son of My Heart and 'Blankie'.

LadyPadme: Three 'lovely's! [face_blush]. And, you don't need to tell me to write more! Sigh. My exams are in a fortnight, I need to revise, and all these plot bunnies are biting me on the backside!

11. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    That was incredible!!! You so have made my day! :D

This has been a long day!!! (The schools lengthened days since we had too much snow)

Thank you so much!!! :)

I loved the part with Luke sleeping soundly and when Leia walked away-I liked the line.

Wonderful job!!!

~Amilight

12. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Awww that was so sweet, you've got Han and Leia down just perfect. I really liked that bit about how it was "to big" to cry about. Tugged on the heart strings there, those two are soooo perfect for eachother. Hehe, Han's yummy. :p :D

13. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Jedi_Twilight I'm glad I made your day!
    Princess1: Han is indeed yummy!

14. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Lovely job, Cat! Nice balance between part of her starting to melt just a little bit, but the stubborn rest of her steeling against doing so any further. ;)

15. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    I've read several of your vignettes on FanFiction.Net... and I have to admit that I am loving them. :D

The characterizations are right on. You capture Leia's voice extremely well and always remain true to her character. Hmmmm... I'm not sure how to say this in a way that makes sense...but your fics have the feel of the Original Trilogy. Most other OT fic authors seem to have difficulties in accurately capturing the atmosphere of the movies. However, when I read your fic, I feel like I am actually rewatching the films! A job well done.

I will be very upset if you don't write some more of these. ;)

~*Senoj*~

16. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    A small voice at the back of Leia's mind insisted that drinking brandy with smugglers was a Bad Idea; but the last few days had brought her beyond caring.

Hehe...it proved for some interesting sights into Leia's thoughts thougb! This was a really sweet piece, and I loved how Leia kept on denying any thoughts of Han--blaming them on the brandy! [face_laugh] Too funny! Great little piece!

17. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Cat, this is another viggie that could be an added scene. Truly wonderful the mind of Cat is. ;)

18. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Alderaan21: It's early days yet ;)
    Senoj: I will write..after the finals. Argh. Must revise.
    Bellyup: Thanks! Drunk!Leia does be a bit more free with her thoughts ;) What language is that in your sig and what does it mean?
    Falls: You made my day!

19. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Upping all my fics because it's my birthday!!!!!!! Wooohooo!!!

20. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002

This was nominated, as part of my Leia POV series, for Best Series

Thanks for the noms!

21. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Her feet took her to the end of the row of fighters, where a battered YT-1300 stock freighter stood. It felt like coming home.
    That was a great line!!

Loved this one!

A. Windsor

22. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Good vignette! The following line - His hands were confident?he must have done this before, had lots of women, she thought, and pulled away - probably goes a long ways towards explaining why it took Han and Leia three years to get together.

23. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    It's always great to read a good H/L story. I'm glad someone found this one and gave it an UP! Nice work!

24. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    A-Windsor: Glad you liked the line!
    Solo_Fan: Yeah, I agree. Gotta have some reason why it took her so long, haven't we?
    QueenOfAces: Thank you! :D

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    A sweet little vignette. I'm glad it got bumped back to page one, too.

I read 'Blankie' already, but I'll have to check out your other stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.