main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania The King Kong Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Teknobabel, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    HeHe...
    Bounce, bounce, boom!

2. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I suppose this is the point where I get all girly and say that I like Memphis Belle cos I am in love with HCJr, right?

Well I like the planes and stuff too, stop yer sneering! :p
    I just love the music more, and HCJr is a hottie as well as being uber talented..

3. Miss_Aayla_Secura

Miss_Aayla_Secura Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I just wanna see King King smash up lots of cars and buildings! Take that! SHAZAAAM!

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I just love the music more

Yay! Danny Boy!

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    If you're talking about the shot where Naomi Watts gets out of the cab, she gets out of the rear seat and you can clearly see the driver and steering wheel on the left hand side. For the shot where the two guys are crossing the street, I think you'll find the shot has been horizontally flipped, as they opften do in trailers so the action doesn't seem disjointed when they show shots out of sequence from the film. It's a common technique,check out the Star Wars trailers for how often that happens.

Yeah i know this happens, but what i was saying is that all the cars that were used when this movie was filmed were all RH steer. So this means that if the movie is to be 'correct' the PJ is gonna have to flip all the images to make the cars LH steer.

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/solo77/SW/NY_kong.jpg]

6. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I'm all of a sudden thinking of Kart's "Why can't movies just be fun?" thread...

The point I was making is that trailer shots are flipped all the time, so you go and post a flipped trailer shot to argue against that, O...k....

Thing is, so what? It didn't seem to bother people for 25 years that the Imperial Officers on the Executor had their rank badges on the wrong side for half the film, if there's shots in the final version with sterring wheels on the wrong side, I'll just keep in mind where it was made and be glad they didn't trash any classic cars to make it.

7. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    DAMNIT. Now I'm going to be noticing that badge thing all the time. Thanks a lot! :mad:

:p

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Hawk, to be honest, I never even noticed it myself until I'd heard it was fixed on the DVD, Same goes for Ewan's hair in TPM.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Now Ewan's hair I did notice. Stuck out like dog's bollocks.
    Does it matter?
    Nope.
    Does the steering wheel in Kong matter?
    Nope.

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It was fixed? That's okay then. It's just when people point things like that out, I can't help looking for them the next time around. (Speaking of, I've never actually noticed the stormtrooper hitting his head...crazy, no?)

Sorry, just realised I was derailing the actual purpose of this thread. Er...big monkeys = good.

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, they're mostly fixed, the badges have a tendencay to float now in the fixed shots, just like certain clone heads in RotS.

See again: WETA > ILM.

12. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I really liked the trailer if only they hadnt already shown what Kong looks like in full :(

-Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.