main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Kings of Beggar's Canyon - A Swoop Gang Drama (OC, Aurra Sing) (Romance/Action)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Mandalorian_, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Title: THE KINGS OF BEGGARS CANYON
    Characters: Colton Haggard (OC), Aurra Sing
    Time: One year after ANH
    Summary: In a galaxy at war, the young men and women who didn't join the Imperial academy or the Rebellion will carve out a destiny of their own in the dunes of Tatooine on the back of a Swoop Bike. Follow young Colton Haggard's rise or descent as he chases a forbidden beauty; the sister of a Swoop Gang leader.

Disclaimer: I tell you what, If i made Star Wars, I probably wouldn't be here.

Notes: This is my attempt at writing something for an audience into romance while also trying to put what i love into the story. I wanted to write something for ladies as well as gentlemen. Hope you like it.

Chapter 1

When Colton Haggard was a boy he was a skinny little yellow haired runt and not exactly as charming in the face as his father had been- but his Grandma -rest her soul- always defended to the death that Colton would inherit his father?s same charming stern brow and sun-shy squinty blue eyes because the Haggards were supposed to have descended from some ancient royal Tatooinian bloodline.

And though Grandma Haggard was correct about Colton blossoming into his father?s shadow, it was still doubted if the Haggards ever descended from some sort of Tatooinian monarchy. Everyone found it unlikely that any kind of royalty had come Tatooine?s way before.

The Kings of Beggars Canyon was a swoop bike gang compiled of the finest assortment of Anchorhead delinquency. The kids that didn?t sign up to join the academy or the ones who lost their folks to Stormtroopers, bounty hunters, farm raiders etc. all found their way into this little downward rolling snowball.

To be in with the Kings alls you had to do was simply steal your own swoop and don?t get caught. If you got caught and led Stormtroopers to any of the hideouts, you might as well turn your swoop right around and let the Imps have at you, because an expertly placed blaster bolt would nestle its way right into your cranium if you brought on any heat to the kings. If you managed to do that, the kings would give you a few errands to run- and these errands could range from busting up a moisture farmer?s moisture harvesters to stealing a gaderiffi stick from a Tusken Chief, whatever the kings figured would give em? a good laugh or settle a grudge.

But Colton Haggard wasn?t looking for kinship with the Beggars Canyon boys- which brings us all the way to the last rule to being one of the Kings- and that was keep your eyes and especially your hands off of Tulsa. Haggards have a history of wanting all they can?t have. They?re a family used to chasing big dreams across the horizon, drunkenly bellowing tall tales in a cantina, and or finding death in a flurry of blaster bolts.
    Tulsa was that big dream a Haggard chased across the horizon.

She had skin as gold as the dunes and to look in her blue eyes was like finding a shimmering oasis in those dunes. But looks weren?t technically what suckered Colton Haggard into heading out to Mos Eisley to swipe a Swoop Bike, all so he could get a little closer to Tulsa- it was a look she gave him through a curtain of dangling beads at the Mos Espa market coupled with a little nugget of advice his best buddy Jolo ?a rodian outlaw- gave him. The look told him he might have a chance, and his buddy told him he didn?t.

Heisting the Trandoshan Slavers

There?s a common misconception about Tatooinians. And this common misconception was that everyone on Tatooine could at least afford a landspeeder or a repulsorlift vehicle of some sort, when the truth is that not very many people could manage to own one and the ones that did own one almost didn?t. People like Colton Haggard couldn?t afford one because, well, nobody ever gave him nothing.

And so there he was draped in a bleach-tanned poncho pulling the reigns of a Cu Pa- that was basically a Tauntaun with the devil?s red curly hair- across the untouched desert belly.

?You did good, Sugar. We?re making good

2. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    A good story! I liked it. =D=

3. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Thank you, expect an update soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.