main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Kiss That Made No Sense

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by I_Am_Not_A_Committee, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not_entirely_stable

not_entirely_stable Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2003
    Leia's kisses were always meant for luck. Check out her track record:

• Kiss for Luke on the cheek before swinging across the gap ("For luck!")

• Kiss for Luke on the cheek before heading off to the Death Star. (She must've been thinking, "For luck!")

• Kiss for Luke full-blown lengthy on the mouth on Hoth ("You're alive! Here's a kiss so you stay that way. For luck!")

• Kiss for Luke on the lips after hand was severed ("You poor thing, no hand and all. Here's a kiss in hopes to get a new one. For luck!")

Leia was no tease. She just knew her value as a lucky charm. And that she was a good kisser.

2. TIE-Doctor

TIE-Doctor Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2003
    That kiss could be the sign of the beginning of the relationship between Luke & Leia. She was not so sure bout her feeleng towards Han and just followed her one-minute desire. She could't know, that Luke was her twin but felt that he was very close to her.

3. jimkk29

jimkk29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    The kiss was totally innocent.

4. TheForceChoke

TheForceChoke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    Incest is best?

Just kidding

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    remember Oedipus the King of incest?

he had no idea that he'd had four kids with his mum after killing his dad

6. Darth_Tate

Darth_Tate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2003
    Leia kissing Luke was a friendly comfort. She was probably just in the moment, she had just lost Han after realizing how much she loved him. She was scared she'd lost Luke too, seeing him alive made her very maternal and she just got a little carried away.

7. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Me thinks the it's a friendly comfort, but I do agree with IANAC:

the kiss, and the way Leia hugs Luke seem very amphibolous, it makes me uncomfortable when she kisses him on the lips.

8. Darth_Tate

Darth_Tate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2003
    Yeah if Han had been standing there when Luke was on the cot, Leia wouldn't have kissed him on the lips, because her feelings had changed about Han after they left Hoth. But I do think Han would not be on her mind when they brought Luke in, because Luke was a mess and needed some lovin to ease the pain. I mean if I'd lost my hand,I'd be crying on Leias' shoulder like a baby.
    Also if Han was on the Falcon, he would've been the first one up there to save his pal. You can't agrue with that. But he saved Luke enough and Luke needed to return the favor which he did in ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.