main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub *The Knights of Darkness* The Official Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren Fan Club Version 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    ***Knights of Darkness - The Official Dark Side Fanclub***

Welcome to the SWC home of the Sith Empire, the boards' official Dark Side fanclub. This thread is the primary location for in-depth discussion of the Sith, Knights of Ren, Inquisitors, Nightsisters and general Dark Side of the galaxy far, far away. If you are a fan, sign up, and join in the discussion!

~Discussion Guidelines~

Each week, a new topic will be featured and presented for discussion. Please keep the lions' share of discussion on-topic with the weekly subject.

Topics are decided by the host, Lady Belligerent, but if you have a suggestion for a topic, and/or would like to fill in as host for a week, please send a PM to her.

~Rules of the Knights of Darkness~

A full list of rules may be found in the Sith Empire thread in the EUC.
    1. You may not hold dual membership in Jedi and Sith factions.
    2. You will not post within the New Jedi Trials thread without permission.
    3. Obey your superiors. This means the Triumvirs and the board Management.
    4. Obey the TOS! No flaming. No spamming. Respect the moderators.
    5. No role-playing games in-thread. We currently have an ongoing RP in Role-Playing Forum, the New Sith Trials. Please PM one of the triumvirate if you'd like to join in.

Choosing to sign up to the fanclub will make you a member of the Knights of Darkness and, by extension, the multiple subforum-spanning Sith Empire. If you're interested in being assigned to a Master and being trained to join the Sith, please visit the Sith Empire thread.

~Roster~

1. Sinrebirth (Darth Insipid, Emperor)
    2. Darth_wanderguard (Darth Haretisch, Night Herald)
    3. Lady Belligerent (Darth Bellorum, Dawn Herald)​

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
  3. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    Count me in!

3. Lady Belligerent (Darth Bellorum, Dawn Herald)
    4. panta1978 (Darth Soccmel, Acolyte)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  4. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    What topic were we on, anyway?

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008

panta1978 likes this.
  6. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Count me in as well!!

7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    5. Halle Dray (Darth Kwea)

Our numbers are growing!

Halle Dray likes this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Count me in.
    Nice here :)

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    6. Anedon (Darth Octavius)

10. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I get to be #7!! Jot me down!! :p

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    6. Anedon (Darth Octavius)[/quote]
    7. greyjedi125 (High Lord Manticore)

Welcome High Lord. :)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  12. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I'd like to join.

13. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    As would I. :p

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    6. Anedon (Darth Octavius)
    7. greyjedi125 (High Lord Manticore)
    8. DurararaFTW (Lord Mentiri)
    9. Moonspun Dragon (High Lord Arach)

Welcome!! Halle Dray is going to give us a new topic for the week. :)

15. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Here is the topic: The Nightsisters. What do you like about them (novels and shows)? What don't you like? Do you want to see more of them or have them tied into Ep. 8 or 9? Also, how would you say they compare/contrast to other dark siders?

16. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014

I don't like their bows where the string is a lightbeam. Seems very cartoony to me. Otherwise they've featured some cool character designs. I like that the existence of other force-user cults and moreover worlds that stayed tribal but aren't furry creatures. I don't think we should see them in the movies, I feel a little overexposed to them as is.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    As they are in the current Canon or also how they have appeared throughout the EU:s history?

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Gamiel - why not both. In the old EU I was fascinated by them in The Courtship of Princess Leia.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do people think of the retcon that Charal was a nightsister? Personally I like it.

B.t.w. beside the below image, have we ever seen Silri use a sword?
    [​IMG]

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I love that image.

21. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    I've only seen her with her lightwhip...

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Regarding the nightsisters and the their different depictions in the pre-tCW EU:

The witches of Dhatomir and the nightsisters have gone through many different incarnations before appearing in tCW: When they were first introduced in the Courtship of Princess Leia (1994) the witches was powerful Force-users who needed to chant and/or gesticulate to work their magic; they seemed to be at an iron age level technological but used piece of scavenged high-tech without problems (even if the items we saw them use were rather simple) or any special reverence. The term nightsister meant a which who was dealing in "dark magic" and seemed to be a synonym with outcast. They were quickly physically marked by their use of the dark side and rancors would not allow them to ride on their back. They had not been organised until mother Gethzerion come along to my understanding.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next time they appeared was in the Young Jedi Knight (1995-1998) series were they had been recreated with the help of the "imperial jedi" Brakiss, those new nightsisters were not visibly marked by their use of the dark side, did not need to chant and/or gesticulate to use their magic and could ride rancors - this probably come from adapting Brakiss greater understanding of the Force. They also allow males into their group.
    The nightsisters was this time lead by Tamith Kai.
    [​IMG]

The nightsisters appeared again in the comic Darth Maul (2000) were we have a nightsister, Mighella, who works for the Underlord of Black Sun as his bodyguard and enforcer. She is shown to be able to use Force lightning without chanting or gestures and is the first we see who sports the modern nightsister-look.
    [​IMG]

The 'sisters were used again in the PT-era in the Republic comic storyline Infinity's End (2000-2001) that takes place on Dathomir. Here we see no other witches then the nightsister, who are organised like a clan (and there seems to be more then one nightsister clan), the only males we see are spacer outsiders. They are able to cast their spells without chanting or gestures and have their hands on technology like Proximity shield, Fire blade, droids, repurposed spaceships and whatever it was that Yongti used as a weapon. They are also shown riding on rancorns and sport a look inspired by Mighella.
    B.t.w. there is a very nice shot of a group of 'sisters when Vos meet them for the first time, I have been unable to find a scan of that page and would be glad if somebody posted it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

They were lead by mother Zalem
    [​IMG]

Later in the Galaxies (2003-2011) MMORPG Dathomir was one of the planets you could visit and you could meet people from the Singing Mountain and Howling Crag clan and the nightsisters who had begun to organize themselves under mother Gethzerion and I understand that it also introduced a some kind of splinter group to Gethzerion's nightsisters called the Spiderclan. I never played Galaxies so I can not really comment on it and how this incarnation was different/the same from earlier.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The nightsisters played a role in the Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (2006) video game. Here they were able to control and ride on rancors and the nightsister group that you, as the crimeboss Tyber Zann, dealt with was lead by the energywhip wielding Silri. To my understanding some of the "good" witch clans were mentioned but I don't know if they appeared in the game since I have not played it.
    [​IMG]

In the Galaxies TCG (trading card game) expansion The Nightsister's Revenge (2009) so did the witches play a prominent role with representatives from both the Singing Mountain clan, Gethzerion's nightsisters, the Spiderclan (a nightsister clan) and the exiled nightsister Kyrisa who was show to use a lightsabre and ride a rancor. They also appeared in the Galactic Hunters (2009) expansion
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There is also Charal from Ewoks: Battle for Endor (1985) who was retconed into being a Dathomirian nightsister at some point and we see women from Dathomir dressed like her in the Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide book.
    [​IMG]

There is also probably some Dathomir/witches representations that I have missed.

23. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I never really understood how the witches where considerered good.
    I mean they practice slavery and its all but said that the men in their tribes where raped.
    And they are supposed to be lightsided?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Where was that sated?

Also just because you are part of a non-equal society don't mean you are dark side.

25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Well it is said that men are slaves. Not just second class citizens like the hapans.
    And in my opininon slavery is evil. Its also said that Teniel wanted to sold Isolder to one of her sisters cause he was pretty. So we can assume that men where treated as sex slaves wich means they were raped.

In contrast I don't consider the hapans as evil.

greyjedi125 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.