main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub *The Knights of Darkness* The Official Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren Fan Club Version 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome. You just need to bring me cupcakes.

Kidding! Join in and enjoy. :)

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  2. SithLord28273

SithLord28273 Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2016
    LOL I could do that. What kind of cupcakes?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Who is your favorite Sith?

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I'd have to say Revan

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good man. I have decided mine is Lumiya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Same!

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
  8. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I have several favorite Sith, and each for different reasons.

Revan for the sheer genius he was. He set the stage for what would be the Sith for a millennia. And he was really the first Sith's story where WE got to play him and decide what he did as part of his future.
    Darth Maul because of his looks and ability. He was our first tattooed Sith Lord and his fighting ability was so visually stunning. I loved it.
    Darth Talon for some of the same reasons as Maul.

Erkan12 and Lady Belligerent like this.
  9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Vectivus is also a favorite of mine, and I loved his asteroid home!

10. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Marka Ragnos
    Revan
    Freedon Nadd (Moon of Dxun)
    Lumiya (first introduced to her in old EU)
    Assaj Ventris(don't know why just like her, mainly because she was one of the first prominent female darksiders featured aside from above ^)

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ventress is my favourite Secret Sith Apprentice after Lumiya.

If only Tyranus had overthrown his master...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I like Freedon Nadd, also. Perhaps because it was my first experience with the "Dark Side" beyond Vader and the Emperor.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm a Darth Sideous fan. He perfectly executed a 1000 year plan and ruled the Galaxy for a long time. If it wasn't for that punk Skywalker crying to daddy to save him who knows how long Sideous would have sat on his throne. Revan is a close second, he did what he had to do to win the mandalorean wars plus he had awesome powers (at least in my gameplay).

14. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    I may just have a huge crush on her ;)

Tyranus never had a chance unfortunately. His character was so intriguing too! The sophisticated Duke and Earl type... calm collected, but sadistic and powerful underneath it all! I think that the one thing that is underrated about the PT even though the stories were ... "lacking" GL is still great at producing and presenting characters. It is his one redeeming quality. Think of how Maul expanded our thoughts on darksiders....

That is why I love so many of the EU characters like Ventress and Lumiya.. the break the molds and push limits.

Sinrebirth and DarthIshyZ like this.
  15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    dlbates, I just can't support Sidious. Yes, he did rule as Emperor, but leaving Luke and Leia out of the picture was a serious weakness. When you have kids, you'll get it. You'll do (almost) anything for them.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

dlbates likes this.
  16. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005

What do you mean by leaving Luke and Leia out of the picture? You mean Vader's draw to his kids? An Palpatine underestimating such?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  17. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Sidious didn't know about Luke or Leia until it was too late. Vader turned to the darkside to save Padme and his child but after she died and believed his child was gone too, he embraced the darkside to punish himself because he was in a very dark place. Sidious knew that would turn him and send him down the path of darkness. Once Vader realized Luke was his son and alive, he had to doubt Sidious, who told him they were dead. Then he found out it was twins and he saw that everthing he had done for Sidious was based on a lie.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I sort of think that it was that he overestimated his thrall over Vader. He obviously knew about Luke (perhaps not Leia, but we don't know that) in ESB. At that time he still had Vader under control. He continued to feel he had Vader under control even into ROTJ. Really he didn't have any reason not to think his control was absolute. Vader had stayed even when confronted with his old master and his old apprentice. It was then, during the throne room scene of ROTJ, that Vader relived Anakin's experience with seeing Mace die, and broke the control. Palpatine never had the experience of being a father so didn't know what kind of effect that would have on Anakin / Vader. It was then that Vader (apprentice) left and Anakin (father) took over. Palpatine never thought he could lose control of his apprentice. Yet, he should have. Palpatine's master lost control of him, after all. The nature of the Rule of Two is that the apprentice would always rise up to kill the master, or perish himself.

darklordoftech and QueenSabe7 like this.
  19. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm sorry I haven't been great in organizing any discussions lately so here's a new one! It's kinda week so bear with me.

Would you rather that the Sith kept the rule of two or are you happy with the choice of them expanding? Why?
    Also, in our Sith Empire, we have the Triumvirate and then other ranks. Do you agree with this or is there another system that would be more ideal to the Sith?
    In no way am I suggesting overthrowing the leaders**

Darth Sophis likes this.
  20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    The Rule of Two was the most stable form of relationship, although the most restrictive, growth-wise. Obviously, if there can only be two, there's no growth. The reason it was instituted though is because the Brotherhood of Darkness was so feckless. There was no desire to move up because so many had no desire. Therefore, they stagnated and were easily defeated. Also, it can be argued that it's the only one that had any staying power. Other "Empires" were one-and-done. When the big guy died, it was all over.

QueenSabe7 and Halle Dray like this.
  21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    OK... You can't tell me that Sinrebirth and Darth Sophis don't have input on that.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  22. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    *appears from thin air, giving further evidence to the notion that demons appear if called by name*

Ultimately each Sith is an individual with their own goals and interests, and since the Sith ideology promotes these things above all else, this can be seen as a stated goal of sorts among those who follow it; anything else would be hypocrisy, conscious or not, and signify a deviation from the philosophy one claims to follow. Thus, we should rationally measure their success according to how an individual's ambition is benefited above all else by a certain structure, and not the order as a whole, for example - since that would require a change in the original premises.

This is the reason the Rule of Two was discarded at the end by the new generation of egoistically rational Sith, namely Plagueis and Sidious - it had run contrary to the above mentioned individual benefit and instead had dozens of Sith Masters devote their lives to an abstract ideal jotted down by someone they have never met, while being unable to reap the spoils of their work. The several dozen of them all essentially worked to make life easier for Sidious and grant him galactic rule, even if they did not know it. The two Sith at the end formally denounced this "rule" that would have them work and die selflessly in a very non-Sith fashion for some future utopia for the galaxy's dregs, headed by someone else.

For this reason I would say that Sith building personal empires, for personal benefit in the now, is more in line with their philosophy's stated goal and does not make them hypocrites. I personally consider the ancient amulet-wearing, planet-draining empires the height of Sith power and learning, with later versions gradually becoming more diluted and similar to the Jedi where the Force is concerned. Though their philosophies did continue to develop, so plus points there regardless. Even the infighting of the Draggulch period is preferable to cultlike self-sacrifice of the Rule of Two in my eyes, and the more or less stable empires of the past even more so.

I say that the Triumvirate were wise to become exactly that. It is both a system that allows for balance of power that two rulers cannot provide, and for a vacant seat to be filled with two remaining rulers' consent rather than spark a conflict. It is something of a cogwheel; when one piece disappears, it is flexible enough to accept another peacefully. This also offers more upward mobility, what with three ruling powerbases to climb to the very top, as opposed to a single throne. Thus stability and flexibility is combined.

All this applies, of course, as long as a third Triumvir is indeed accepted when the time comes and until a sufficiently clever plan is devised by someone to negate the balance of power; but breaking its own rules and outside-structure machinations is something no order can eliminate the possibility of.

dragonsith13 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  23. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Darth Sophis

You accurately describe many of the potential schemes for orders put forth... as of late though I have been considering the rule on "one".

Not convinced totally, but I do give merit to the fact that it is the embodiment of the Sith... the most powerful being the head.

Downsides being constant turmoil and scheming from underneath... but it does give way to the strongest.

Again not the first philosophy i would put forth, but have analyzing.

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Did the Sith learn the secret to eternal consciousness before the Jedi?

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The secret of what? Do you mean something like Sith spirits or Force ghosts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.