main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub *The Knights of Darkness* The Official Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren Fan Club Version 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Where was that said?

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That with selling Isolder was in "the courtship of princes Leia" there Luke and Isolder where also refered as slaves if I remember correctly. Also in YJK its said that men where slaves, and the witches are outraged that the "evil" nightsister had started to recruit men.
    Yes your right its never said that men where raped directly but I think evidence is there.
    And even if they are not raped, you can't deny that half of the childs that were born on Dathomir where forced to a life in slavery simply because of their gender. Thats just wrong for me.

Like I said I don't consider the hapans as evil, because while men are 2nd class citizens they are not enslaved and some of them even can have some power, like Isolder.

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes, I recall reading that on Dathomir they treated the men as slaves. I'm sorry guys, but I'd be a witch, riding around on my rancor like a boss! :p

4. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I never considered them light, that's for sure. however, I put them here because of the things they are depicted doing. It seems more dark to me. I don't know if it's official though. The female dominance thing definitely is a bit darker in the way they traffic the men and they do seem to "attack" or go against the heroes in the stories. Some of them were a bit different though. Does anyone remember if Tenal Ka had ties to the Nightsisters? I'm too lazy to look it up rn..

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I thought the majority of the nightsisters were dark. Tenal Ka was Hapan, she wasn't born on Dathomir. Her mother was In the Singing Mountain clan, I don't recall her ever being a dark sider.

6. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    I thought her mother was or had been a Nightsisters...

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Now we are having a discussion :) I will return later with a longer post.
    All the nightsisters are dark siders, that's what makes them 'nightsisters' but the nightsisters, model classic, are just a subgroup to the witches of Dathomir. A nightsister is a dathomirian witch who has gone bad. An interesting point, in this day and age where everybody seems to talk about 'dark side' and 'light side'*, is that in CoPL so did the witches not know about the dark side: they use magic and sometime the magic corrupted them, they did not know why and what kind of magic that did that.

* personally I never like the term
    Nope.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  8. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Gamiel
    So, I've read throught the wookiepedia article about the witches of dathomir.
    And there it's said that men were only used for slave labor and breeding (witch implies they were raped) and the rancors where treated better than them.
    And as I said for me slavery is evil. So I don't see how they can be considered good.

Halle Dray, Lady Belligerent
    Tenel Kas mother was a witch of Darthomir but she had some darkness in her and was exiled from her clan for a time. But in the end she stayed on the light side.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  9. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Anedon likes this.
  10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thank you Anedon! That's exactly what I remembered from reading years ago. :)

Mikaboshi, Moonspun Dragon and Anedon like this.
  11. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Anytime :)

To the actual topic of this week I think that, despite my problems with seeing the witches as lightsided, im very intrested in the dathomirian culture. Tenel Ka is one of my favourite characters in the EU, thats a fact ;).
    I would love to see them integratet in the movies but I think they won't theyr culture is a bit to grey for that. The nighsister could make an appereance, I belive they are still canon through Clone Wars. But I don't see it coming, why should they go to Dathomir?

But despite that I find the nighsisters and their culture intresting. Its more like a savage tribe than the strict and oppressive empire the Sith try to build.

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Mother Talzin's ethereal voice!! I could listen to her forever! Her and Asajj Ventress are my two favorite Nightsisters/ Dathomiri.

13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes!

Mikaboshi likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My longer response seems to take more time then I thought :(

Also: Anedon I just realised that I probably come of a confrontative with my "Where was that sated" questions, I was not questioning you, I just wanted to know where that was stated. [face_peace]

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Ah, its not a big deal Gamiel.
    I think I've also been a bit too aggressive in my posts.

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Socrates would be proud. :p

*keeping things civil for the greater good is the right answer. Awesomeness all around.

greyjedi approves of this. =D=

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Wise words, Lord Manticore and I concur. greyjedi125

We have an awesome community here.

18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I agree.
    I'm glad to be a part of it. :)

19. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    The Courtship of Princess Leia is one of my favorite Legends books... I really like how Han is portrayed in it and the Nightsisters are a great bonus!! Their reaction to Luke and how they were with him was interesting.
    Tamith Kai had me interested too...
    I've only seen one episode of tCW and I've read maybe one book of Asajj Ventress so I don't know much about her...
    Do you guys have any favorite Nightsisters?

20. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Pretty much just Ventriss is my favorite. Though, I don't really remember Tamith Kai, nor Gethzirion(?). It's been forever since I last read those books. :p

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Oh, I recall Gethzerion. I love unusual names and that one stuck forever more. hehe.

22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I don't think there's any one I could say I don't like, they're all amazing.

23. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I was asked to find a topic for this weeks discussion and I decided to talk about Palpatine.
    Is he the strongest user of the dark side who ever lived?
    The greatest Sith?
    Was he the sith'ari?
    Was personal ambition his only motivation or did he ultimatley created the empire to save the galaxy from the Vong?
    What do you think?

24. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Count me in as a member of the club! :) Just going to dive right in...

I liked Palpatine as a villain, but no I don't think he was the "strongest dark side user who ever lived". He didn't even come close to lasting as long as prior Sith Emperor's (as far as I have read in the Legends EU). I am no expert here... but didn't some of their reigns last thousands of years? While Palpatine/Sidious was what... 20ish years? Had Anakin remained in one piece after the events of ROTS, I have always believed Palpatine's time would've been even shorter.

25. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005

I did not know this was here.... hmmmmmm

Ventress is one of my favorite darksiders. Aside from Lumiya whom was one of the first major female strong darksiders of the EU, Ventress really expanded on the female interpretation of such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.