main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub *The Knights of Darkness* The Official Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren Fan Club Version 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    1. Sinrebirth (Darth Insipid, Emperor)
    2. Darth_wanderguard (Darth Haretisch, Night Herald)
    3. Lady Belligerent (Darth Bellorum, Dawn Herald)
    4. panta1978 (Darth Soccmel, Acolyte)
    5. Halle Dray (Darth Kwea)
    6. Anedon (Darth Octavius)
    7. greyjedi125 (High Lord Manticore)
    8. DurararaFTW (Lord Mentiri)
    9. Moonspun Dragon (High Lord Arach)
    10. Queensabe7
    11.dragonsith13

Welcome. :)

I don't feel like Sidious was the greatest or most powerful. Maybe he underestimated Anakin?

2. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005

I do not think he underestimated Anakin in his potential, just only in his decision making. In the end I think Anakin had too much power for him to deal with... and that is what got him into trouble... I never liked the portrayal of him in the Prequels... I think the Clone Wars did a much better job. Suit Vader was a fraction and shell of what non-suit Vader could have been.

Sidious embodies the Rule of Two though.... shadows and patience.... and when thinking about power, you have to consider all angles as well as lines of power. Manipulation and bending peoples own wills and subsequent choices was unrivaled... and Sidious was a master at this.

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I agree dragonsith13
    He used his charisma and pactience to achive his goals. All those earlier Sith Lords would probably led the CIS themselves like Dooku and the whole galaxy had united against them. Palpatine managed to destroy the Jedi without breaking a law and in the end the senate cheered when he declared himself Emperor. I think the main problem was that he stuck too long with Vader. He should have killed him shortly after Mustafar and raised a completly new student. A student completly loyal to him. Vader only cared about himself wich made him a good Sith but a very bad enforcer for a ruler who intends to live forever.

4. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Great questions!
    I don't think he is the strongest user of the Dark Side. In fact, besides his Force Lightning and possibly his power of concealing the fact that he is a Sith, we don't see much ACTUAL power from him.
    I don't think of him as the greatest Sith either. Probably because I just think of him as an old man ordering people around. Darth Vader, despite the fact he couldn't use Lightning, was better.
    Well, Adas was the first Sith'ari. Then, it became a legend and prophecy. In fact, it's prophecy was so sacred it couldn't be written down and was told by mouth to the future generations. Personally, I do not think that Sidious (nor Vader) were the Sith'ari. I believe it stopped at Bane.
    The Sith'ari will be free of limits. The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them. The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.
    I don't quite think Sidious fully embodied that prophecy.

I think he created the empire to for himself..He wanted more power than he already had. Plus, he wanted to spread his beliefs wider than just the republic.

5. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005

Rightly so he created the Empire for himself, what other goal is there for a Sith? In regards to him not being the strongest of darkside users; If you are equating shows of force (no pun intended) through mastery and use of powers, then you fail to see what true power is... anyone can brandish a blade, spew lightning, or control someones mind... Palpatine accomplished turning the greatest governing body of system in on itself and upside down... to the point where they even voted to keep him in power and give even more to him as a dictator. Power is not pulling your blade out and using it... it is knowing when to and when not to and the ability to defeat your enemies without ever having to fight.

Do not forget that Sidious fought arguably one of the most if not the most powerful Jedi, to a standstill and drove him off in fear... Sidious was certainly capable of handling himself in a fight...

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I see your point...

7. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Well you do make some good points as well!

It is tough to gauge who was the most powerful and greatest Sith...

Much like trying to say who the greatest band of all time was! It is near impossible... because there are so many that were at the top of the respective styles...

I was thinking about the greatest Sith the other day... and one might consider segmenting them into eras.... because their times were all so very different. Which presented different challenges, and allowed for different exploration and rises to power...

Sidious may not have been able to compete with the shear physical prowess of Naga Sadow, but then again Naga Sadow could not creep around a Senate chamber and manipulate people in a modern society like Sidious...

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Great discussion.=D=

It is hard to gauge who indeed was the greatest of all time. Who was the greatest in a given Era might be an easier question to answer, imo.

As for Yoda running in fear, I beg to differ. To be fair, he ran because he simply 'had' to, if he wished for any possible future to remain. His window of opportunity cane to a close. Sidious prevailed against him, which is a feat no one has ever accomplished. It was the great Tyrannus who ran away from Yoda. Either way, that was a great scene for so many reasons and a huge turning point for both the Jedi and the Sith alike.

10. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    In truth I'm not even sure I would characterize Palpatine as having prevailed over Yoda. I think it was simply a stalemate and Yoda felt that he could do more good by going into exile and biding his time. I felt like they were pretty evenly matched but that Palpatine had what amounted to home field advantage.

11. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    But during their duel Palpatine was already scared and probably weakened from his duel against Windu. I think at his prime he would have beaten Yoda. But we must consider that Windu was a stronger fighter than Yoda(what makes him probably the strongest Jedi who ever lived). And Windu won their duel.

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Windu was only 60% as powerful as Sidious.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i don't think we can say he was weakened. How long had passed? a day or more? he'd had time to recuperate.

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Windu stronger than Yoda? This is the first time I've ever heard that. I do believe Yoda was the pinnacle of Jedi strength and wisdom in his time. When I get the time, I'll corroborate that statement. Either way, my undying love for Star Wars would remain unchanged.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  15. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    I concur. Not a single Light-sider was stronger than Yoda at the time. Nor even close. And what about Sith? Well, that's a horse of a different colour

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

dragonsith13 likes this.
  16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    considering what Sidious accomplished i think of him as the strongest Sith. I think the Sith look at power as more than lightsaber skill or even Force power, but also guile intelligence

17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Of course Yoda was wiser and stronger in the force but I mean its said that on pure fighting skills Windu is stronger. He is defenetly a better swordfighter. And he has the ability to see shatterpoints.

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I challenge you to find the source of that claim Anedon, chiefly on academic grounds. As an opinion, I do not contest it. :redsaber::p
    (Besides, we might all learn something new from this. ) [face_thinking]

19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    greyjedi125
    Well it is said that Mace created Vaapad, the seventh and most powerful form of lightsaber combat. Yoda always used Ataru, as far as we know, wich exsisted before him. In fact Mace was the first one since Revans days or even before who created a new form. This implies that he was a very skilled swordmaster, maybe one of the greates in the order. But I think the real proof are the Star Wars movies. In episode 2 he killed Jango Fett effortlesly, while Yoda reached only a stalemate against Dooku. And in 3 Mace Windu managed to beat Palpatine, who had the advantage of suprise and wasn't scared yet. While Yoda lost against the emperor, who was already weakned.

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *bows respectfully*

Anedon

I still don't see the source to support what you have stated. Mace Windu's accomplishments are indeed praise worthy and I have no issue with that, I actually agree, since I too like Mace Windu. Jango is not even close to Dooku in power level, nor is he a Force User. Both Windu and Yoda could have dealt with him easily, so that comparison is unbalanced, imo. As for Yoda struggling against Dooku, I completely disagree. Vapaad requires emotional vehemence that Master Yoda does not need. He is an inherent pacifist.He was simply trying to reach his lost apprentice, not beat him down. Dooku ran because he could not overwhelm his former Master with either the force or lightsaber.

Did Windu really beat Palpatine? Or Did Palpatine simply manipulate the whole situation, playing the victim, in order to draw Anakin closer to the darkside? That is still an ongoing argument today. The scene is purposefully ambiguous as far as I can tell.

Again, Yoda didn't 'lose' against the Emperor, and the Emperor did not 'beat' him. It was a clear stalemate, which annoyed Sidious. This time, it was Yoda who ran out of time as his widow of opportunity to defeat the Emperor closed on him. He was left with little choice but to retreat if a sliver of hope for the future was to be had.

Star Wars is a wonderful and inspiring tale that I shall cherish all of my life. I am well aware that others will interpret things differently and like different things for different reason, and that exemplifies the core awesomeness of Star Wars. Everyone can like it in their own way. I thank you for holding this discourse and encourage you to continue in your enduring love for the franchise. I know I will. ;)

Force be with you, always.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Naboo's history is tied to the Sith somehow. The color red is prominent in Naboo culture, Palpatine is from Naboo, the "Elders" were Force-sensitive, the Shadow Warrior trivia gallery says that the Sith hideout is "intended to suggest a long-secreted Sith presence on Naboo," the planet core monsters bring Sithspawn to mind, and Cosinga told Hego Damask that, "The Naboo have a legend about six impenetrable gates that hold back chaos. House Palpatine is one of those gates, Damask."

22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Hello all! I did not know this existed, but it appears it hasn't existed long. I'd like to join, but I noticed that you barred us from going into the Jedi Trials forum. Well, I'm in there, not as a student, just to try to infiltrate them. Just to play around with them there light-siders, if you will. I'll exit there, though.

As to the discussion at hand, I agree with what has been stated already. Sidious was a politician. He was Force sensitive. He was skilled in: lightning, manipulation and keeping his force abilities covered even when in the presence of the Jedi. That's to be applauded. I think he knew, though, that he was not as powerful as others could be. That's why he had Vader: to complement his shortcomings. He just didn't take into account how Anakin's son could turn him back.

When it came to Windu, I agree that he was beat. He was down. If not for Anakin stepping in, he would have not come to power like he did. I also agree with a previous poster that Windu, in a manner of speaking, was stronger than Yoda. Yoda, certainly, was wise. He had his strengths. Windu, IMO, was more powerful, though. Don't have anything to back up my opinion, just my opinion.

BTW, put me down as an Adept. I don't have the skills, yet, to be a Master or higher rank.

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Greetings DarthIshyZ, we use this thread for discussing Sith topics. :) If you're interested in joining the Sith Empire, click the link in my signature and say hello.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  24. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Thank you Lady Belligerent! May I suggest a topic for discussion? Being a Dark Sider doesn't necessarily mean you actively use the Dark Side, it could simply mean that you don't shun it and the lessons it can teach you.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Excellent thought, I'm sure we have some folks with thoughts on that.

Do you have an example of someone who was/is a dark sider with that philosophy?

1. Sinrebirth (Darth Insipid, Emperor)
    2. Darth_wanderguard (Darth Haretisch, Night Herald)
    3. Lady Belligerent (Darth Bellorum, Dawn Herald)
    4. panta1978 (Darth Soccmel, Acolyte)
    5. Halle Dray (Darth Kwea)
    6. Anedon (Darth Octavius)
    7. greyjedi125 (High Lord Manticore)
    8. DurararaFTW (Lord Mentiri)
    9. Moonspun Dragon (High Lord Arach)
    10. Queensabe7
    11.dragonsith13
    12. DarthIshyZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.