main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub *The Knights of Darkness* The Official Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren Fan Club Version 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm not half as versed in EU literature as many here, but I seem to recall there was a Darth referenced in the Caedus novels (shudders... Caedus...) that adopted that philosophy. That's for next week, though. Let's not derail the good discussion of Sidious.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Well, if you were an apprentice in the Sith Empire, you'd get prestige points for a good topic. :)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    Of course! And not only is it possible, but it actually happened. But if we want to understand why, we must consider what being a Dark-Sider means. In a nutshell. It's all about selfishness. If you follow the ancient Sith rules, you're the centre of your own universe, and anyone and everything else - even the Force itself - is just a tool you can manipulate if you fancy and need it.

For this reason, a true Sith or Dark-Side user knows very well he should take advantage of every situation to elevate their position. When it's time to fight the Jedi to gain more power, one must be relentless in seeking the opportunity. But if there are no enemies, or it's just not time to fight them... why risking your glorious life? We're no heroes, we leave stoicism to Jedi because there's no cause worth fighting for if there is no reward. And this is the reason why after Darth Bane came up with the "Rule Of Two", Sith went under the radar and hadn't been actively using the Force for hundreds of years. And their wisdom served them well, because they knew their opponents were outnumbering them and they were no match for the Army of Light. That wasn't the time to utilise your power and head towards certain and undeserved death. It was time to rest, study, and wait patiently since the glorious day when you can taste your great revenge.

4. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I can't agree, though. You stated that, "When it's time to fight the Jedi to gain more power, one must be relentless in seeking the opportunity." Then that means that Bane and every Darth up to and including Tyrannus fell down on the job. They weren't "relentless" at all. As a matter of fact, they shied away from doing it, even going so far as (in Palpatine's case) hiding from the Jedi in their very presence. I'm not about to tell them that, though, because I don't agree with it. I think that Dooku / Tyrannus had the hardest time of it because he had to let known he was a darksider, but he had to keep private to whom he reported. A private publicity, if you will. That was a very difficult line to walk.

5. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    Well I said that when it's time to fight you have to. But I went on saying that when it's not you don't. Generations of Sith had to wait because there was nothing up for grabs. This is the Great Wisdom of the Dark Side.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Nothing up for grabs? You make it sound like the Sith take the scraps.

7. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    They're wise emough to not jeopardise their lives without a reason. Or a chance to win. I see where you come from, but my point is that Sith must decide what's more convenient without any preconceptions or code of honour they're committed to...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    What are you thoughts on how Lumiya and Mara hated each other? Were they simply jealous because both were Emperor's Hand?

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Some Hidalgo tweets:

"[Though the books aren't canon, can we assume that generally what happened in Darth Bane happened in new canon?] The description of Bane's history that's in the Ep I novel is the most solid as that came from George Lucas." (December 26, 2015)

"[We all know that Bane is canon, but: Is his book trilogy canon too or just the character?] Bane came from George, who told Terry Brooks about him for the Ep I novel. The screen version of him is in Clone Wars." (March 29, 2016)

"[The Sith did not form at the same time as the Jedi, at least in Legends?] George's definition was that the Sith were started by a renegade Jedi." (April 6, 2016)

"It was originally 2000 years ago, but in TCW that started to get older." (April 6, 2016)

"It's [in] the Ep I novel. George offered info to Terry Brooks on the Sith backstory." (April 6, 2016)

"Yeah [it's canon], but with my caveat I posted earlier. The timeline grew by the time he got into TCW." (April 6, 2016)

"[Reference] [Darth] Ruin was a name retroactively applied to the unnamed Jedi George described." (April 6, 2016)

"[I thought that Ajunta Pall was the name given to the rogue Jedi retroactively?] I can't recall all that deep, obscure Legends stuff without a cheat-sheet." (April 6, 2016)

"[So that Jedi is canon? And his name is Darth Ruin?] Nah. But there had to be a first. We just don't know the details." (April 6, 2016)

In interviews at the time, Lucas said "thousands of years ago." My guess is that Lucas told Terry Brooks "thousands of years ago" and Brooks interpreted that as "almost two thousand years."

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Good evening Darksiders. :)

I hope you'll check the sticky regarding the Olymipcs at the top of the SWC page. The Dawn Herald would be very pleased if she sees some of the Sith signed up to represent. There are several events to choose from, and I know we have a colorful group here with many talents. I'm sure you don't want me to be disappointed.

Carry on. :)

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  11. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I've never felt like Yoda stalemated against Dooku. I thought he was beating him squarely and would have won outright had the fight gone on indefinitely. That would be why Dooku distracted him and ran. And IIRC, Dooku was considered very nearly on-par with Mace Windu - he may have even bested him once or twice.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    The Dawn Herald is very pleased that Lord Manticore signed up to participate in the Olympic events. I'll be even more pleased I see more Sith names on the list. :)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
  14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I have faith you will do well.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  15. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I keep forgetting we have a Temple here.

16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    It's a bit smaller than the main one, but it's cozy.

17. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I like it. Good place to reflect on what's going on in the Galaxy.

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Exactly.

Also have you seen the sticky about the SWC/EUC Olympics? I'm watching for more Sith to sign up. We should show off our skills.

19. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I do not think I'd be right for the Olympics.

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm sure you could duel or write a short story?

21. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Perhaps. I shall think it over. I just started a new Job at the Library and my time is in high demand.

22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Oh, nice. Good luck in your new position. :)

E. L.Knight likes this.
  23. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm an Inquisitor, and my first loyalty is to the Emperor. However I need to practice my dark side powers, and this seems like a good place to start. Can I have a seat in this fanclub?

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome, and are all loyal to our Emperor here. Sinrebirth

1. Sinrebirth (Darth Insipid, Emperor)
    2. Darth_wanderguard (Darth Haretisch, Night Herald)
    3. Lady Belligerent (Darth Bellorum, Dawn Herald)
    4. panta1978 (Darth Soccmel, Acolyte)
    5. Halle Dray (Darth Kwea)
    6. Anedon (Darth Octavius)
    7. greyjedi125 (High Lord Manticore)
    8. DurararaFTW (Lord Mentiri)
    9. Moonspun Dragon (High Lord Arach)
    10. Queensabe7
    11.dragonsith13
    12. DarthIshyZ
    13. SpecForce Trooper

25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I've been asked to provide a topic of discussion. I love doing that. Can I challenge (or even offend) someone enough to start a real discussion?

By this definition, most Sith are battling more against themselves on a day-to-day basis than against others because they can't bring themselves to humility.

Opinions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.