main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub *The Knights of Darkness* The Official Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren Fan Club Version 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would very much like to see Maul and Vader fight in Rebels. That Maul has survived so long is simply spectacular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    :) Maul was brought back by Mother Talzin, wasn't he? Given that, I don't know that I'd call it "survived." Unless you say that Frankenstein's monster "survived."

I do agree with you, though. I'd like to see them fight, too.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

Why am I not listed?

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    E. L.Knight - you didn't ask. :p

1.Sinrebirth (Darth Insipid, Emperor)
    2. Darth_wanderguard (Darth Haretisch, Night Herald)
    3. Lady Belligerent (Darth Bellorum, Dawn Herald)
    4. panta1978 (Darth Soccmel, Acolyte)
    5. Halle Dray (Darth Kwea)
    6. Anedon (Darth Octavius)
    7. greyjedi125 (High Lord Manticore)
    8. DurararaFTW (Lord Mentiri)
    9. Moonspun Dragon (High Lord Arach)
    10. Queensabe7
    11.dragonsith13
    12. DarthIshyZ
    13. SpecForce Trooper
    14. Darth Rozic
    15. E. L.Knight

I was reading about Ajunta Pall, doesn't it seem foolish that the Jedi didn't embrace his knowledge when they had the opportunity? Wouldn't it make more sense to study his alchemy?

5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Lady Belligerent, I agree, but, then again, I have always been much more liberal with my views. I've always thought, "How do you know where you stand on a subject unless you're willing to undergo some discussion and defense of a position?" Others, on the other hand have been much more closed-minded about things. I recall one time I invited a friend who was Mormon to speak to my Episcopal Adult Education group. Now, my friend knew this was not a recruiting visit, simply a way to understand each other. One of my parishioners was not so open. "How could you invite those people in here??" he asked me.

Ajunta's interest in the dark side was a curiosity. It didn't really make him become dark, per se. I think the ejection from the Jedi order did more to do that than any curiosity on Ajunta's part!

6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    BTW, I think it would be useful to have a Jedi opinion on this. Unfortunately, I only know one person identifying himself as Jedi right now. Paging @Kato Sai, Kato Sai. Please pick up the white courtesy phone. Kato Sai, white courtesy phone.

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    That theory makes sense considering Ajunta's later regrets and his desire to be redeemed.

8. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Actually, would anyone mind if I post in the Jedi thread asking for input from them?

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    It is generally frowned on for us to post in their threads. We've had Jedi visit, and it's not been an issue if they remain civil. This is probably something addressed in their opening post for or maybe ask a Mod for their thoughts on it. :)

10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I actually asked Sinrebirth. He said he would work on it.

11. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I agree that Pall's turn to the Dark Side was based on curiosity much unlike Anakin's turn which was based on Passion as we discussed last week. The Jedi Council deemed him as a tool of the Dark Side simply for what he discovered about how to shape and create life. They were scared of its power. I mean that seems to be a common trait in the Jedi Order. Why can't people start little by little to understand something's power and work with it. The Jedi could have used it for good for heaven's sake!!! They angered him and accused him of being arrogant. Arrogant??? For discovering something??? He declared war and started the Hundred Years of Darkness. He was captured by Jedi and his rank of High General was stripped. So him and his followers were exiled and that's how they found Korriban. That's where the Dark Jedi met the Sith species who resisted their plead to be taught more about the Dark Side of the Force. They recruited the Sith King's Shadow Hand and killed the King. Through that they gained admiration and followers and Pall became the first Dark Lord. Then he did some stuff like expanding the Sith Empire to other worlds and died. The rest of his story has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Basically because his spirit was turned back by Revan and he admitted that the Sith almost destroyed themselves during the century long battle.
    Anyway, all that could have been stopped had the Jedi accepted his alchemy. His discovery could have kept peace and helped maintain it. DarthIshyZ makes sense when he says that the Jedi's choice to exile him drove him to the Dark Side. I don't believe his alchemy did. He started the war AFTER he was exiled not while he was a Jedi. I'm pretty sure he could have rallied some people and started a War before exile had he truly been on the Dark Side.

12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Fear drives a lot of negative motivation. *cough*Trump*cough* Excuse me... a glass of water... yes... that would help.

Anyway, many policies are protection-based, but many are just fear based. Part of the protections we enjoy in democracy is a multi-layer, checks-and-balances rule. If Congress or the President pass laws that are fear based, those laws can be struck down by the Supreme Court. The Jedi Council was meant to do something similar, but it failed a good amount of the time. You still would have actions based on fear. Still, the old saying rings true, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."

What would have been a better plan for them? As Halle Dray says, keep him close. Let him experiment. Keep his records with them in a controlled environment. After all, the research may prove to find other light side powers previously unknown to them. Penicillin was discovered by accident. Arguably one of the most important medical discoveries ever, and it was an accident. Yet, if we had feared the experiments that led to that discovery, how many people would be dead today because of a simple infection?

13. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    DarthIshyZ Exactly! The Jedi were so fearful that they made their own enemy who in turn founded something the Jedi fear even more (I'm just guessing).

14. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Hmmm... If the GFFA had a concept of "God," would the Sith believe in it?

15. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Wouldn't that then require them to to bow to a higher power? A higher power that would be impossible to seize for themselves? To put their complete faith in something that has no proof of existence and to believe that he/she/it is the one controlling every move they make? That they have no control themselves? That definitely doesn't seem like a concept the Sith would be into.

If that makes sense... I'm terrible with words.

16. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Well, from my understanding, the highest power for the Sith would be the Force. The galaxy is filled with different religions or beliefs of course, just look at how the Ewoks
    worshiped 3PO, but I think the highest power even for them (if they know about it) would be the Force because it binds everything.
    QueenSabe7 lol I always hope people understand me too.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  17. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Yea I guess everything I just said *is* the Force lol. Sooooo nevermind.

Halle Dray likes this.
  18. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    QueenSabe7, don't be so quick to give up. That's sort of what I was asking. Believing in a "higher power" would recognize that there's something greater than you. Sith, as far as I've read, are constantly trying to control the Force or make the Force their equal. The concept of allowing something to be above them seems to be out of their ability to accept.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    One thing I've noticed through the history of the Sith is that (except for the Bane-ite line) each Empire is really the rule of one person. In the case of the Golden Age of the Sith, it's Marka Ragnos. Once he kicked the bucket there was a power struggle that brought the "Golden Age" to an end. These folks needed to identify their successor so there was no question and some relative peace. It wouldn't be a bloodline successor, but don't we have an example of a non-bloodline succession? Wasn't Rome ruled by a series of emperors where there was not a blood relationship?

I'd also like to know Sinrebirth, who's your successor?

Mikaboshi and Halle Dray like this.
  20. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I apologize Lady Belligerent and WookieeRage for the long times between my posts and the lack of actual substance. I'm going to try to do much better.

21. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Hey man, Real life. When it happens it happens. No need to apologize, Master Hades. Glad to hear from you again, hope your b-day was swell. Things have been getting....interesting around here in your absence. E. L.Knight

22. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I've noticed.

as for your next task. I want you to do some research into the Sith and find a group that claimed to be Sith, but should not be classified as such. Name why you think so, and name what they really were.

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Hmmm... interesting. Callin' 'em out!

E. L.Knight likes this.
  24. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm not sure what you are asking?

25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well in Rome some emperors adopted their sucessor when they had no own childs or didn't wanted them to inherit. But mostly the succesion was changed through force. An general or noble took over the power from the previus ruler by ursuping him. Like a Sith would do. It was important in rome to have soldiers loyal to you to stage a coup. There where a lot of civil wars, which like with the Sith lead to the downfall of the roman empire.

I don't think Insipid has a chosen succesor, when he favors one of his triumvirs the other will start to plot against him.To remain his strenght he must play them against each other. Maybe he would even choose a lesser member of the order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.