main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    With the lack of the Knights of Ren in the trilogy, will they play a big role in episode 9? JJ said he liked their story and would be willing to do a movie about them. Well now is his chance.

whostheBossk and cwustudent like this.
  2. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    From the spoilers I've read, I think the Knights of Ren are Luke's former students who went with Kylo. So yes I think that means this is who will run the New Empire with Kylo and Rey will have to fight them all in 9. Maybe Rey will have an apprentice?

cwustudent, DARTHSHAME and Yora like this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I honestly think they will be back! They were a JJ Abrams idea that everyone loves - So he would be mad not to include them :cool:

4. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I'd like to know what Ren means , is it just a nickname Kylo made up or does it have a deeper meaning?

kalzeth likes this.
  5. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    They did to market the hell out of these guys for Episode IX.

No Phasma, no Snoke, no Praetorian guards, no fancy stormtrooper variants.

Market them as Luke's former students turned Kylo's sub-bosses.

Also show Hux be fearful of them

6. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    I think its essential for them to be in IX they can't be brought up in VII to not hold a deeper role, have the rivalry and now intense personal conflict with Rey and Kylo at the centre of the story with the Knights possibly being the main foe for the Resistance?

7. MovieMaster

MovieMaster Jedi Knight

May 12, 2013
    I think that they will be. They weren't in VIII because there was no time, really. It takes place over the course of a few days, straight after TFA, during which time Kylo is really ****ing busy trying to get Rey and figure out why he's so **** at his job.

IX will inevitably have a time jump. Supreme Leader Ren will have been ruling for a while, with his Knights at his side.

DARTHSHAME and kalzeth like this.
  8. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    Yes, certainly they will be in IX. I would love a nice novel to come out about their back story prior to the release of IX.

9. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I’m all for them being in IX, since they were excluded from VIII. I just hope we get some kind of an explanation of where they were during the events of TLJ.

10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    That should say "They need to market"

Sorry

11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    No way. Sadly, that's one of those things created the will end up meaning nothing. JJ and his buried mystery boxes.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  12. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    So many question around them :
    - Why did they betray Luke too follow Kylo in the first place? Were they forced?
    - Are they all dead? Alive?
    - Where are they during TFA and TLJ?
    - Maybe they are the one who find Vader's mask and Anakin's lightsaber? Hence Kylo sentence "This lightsaber, it belongs to me"

Jo Lucas and BalanceOfTheForce like this.
  13. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I think they should be in IX. and luckily since we have the time gap and everything i don't really think introducing them there will be awkward or anything

14. starkiller1980

starkiller1980 Jedi Knight

Jul 12, 2010
    I was really surprised they weren't in VIII. Snoke's red guards could hold their own, is there any relation? (I haven't read the books)

15. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I think they have to be. There has to be some kind of bigger threat than Kylo. He needs all they help he can get if he wants to stand a chance against Rey.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  16. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, I guess there are at least 6 of them. Didn’t Luke say he took a dozen apprentices and Ben took half? And the scene in the vision was an allusion to The Seven Sanurai? So, if none died, 6–unless they’ve recruited. And they must be Force Sensitive.

17. Kthru12

Kthru12 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 4, 2016
    They will definitely be a HUGE part of Episode IX.

Before JJ got IX, he said he wanted to do a KOR spinoff:

http://www.slashfilm.com/knights-of-ren-movie/

So whatever ideas he had for that will likely be folded into IX.

I think it's a great idea to make them Luke's former students who left with Kylo. Not only does it explain what happened to them, it makes sense; if they left with him, they must be his Force-sensitive allies. And now that his plans for galactic domination have come to fruition, I see them ruling with him the way Kylo tried to tempt Rey to rule with him.

In fact, I wonder if that was the crux of his offer to her: To become a Knight of Ren.

It all bodes well for them being cast with real actors and given real personalities/story arcs, as opposed to just being canon fodder like the Praetorian guards.

18. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    The techno glitches are getting really annoying. Can’t even edit.

kalzeth likes this.
  19. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I thought it would be a good idea to start discussion on Snoke's potential return and also the Knights of Ren in Ep9. The Knights of Ren were left out of Episode 8 completely.

There is also the possibility that the KOR are made of up of Luke's former students, as Ben Solo left Luke's Academy with some students. Do you think the KOR are made up for Luke's former students?

What are your predictions for the KOR in Ep8? Discuss away.

dekaneas likes this.
  20. jbryan1984

jbryan1984 Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2016
    I was under the impression the Knights of Ren were the guys Kylo and Rey killed after they killed Snoke, no?

Also, I think Luke said that Kylo and "a couple other students" destroyed the new temple?

21. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    At least we need to know about who he is.

22. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    I'd have the battle in the rain seen in Rey's TFA vision as the big finale. In that way, the vision was a quick glimpse of the future. However, I have doubts that the KoR will even be in Episode IX.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What if the KoR are ex students of Luke?
    Kylo wasn't the only one infected by Snoke.
    Or Kylo was indoctrinating Luke's students while learning from him.

whostheBossk and cwustudent like this.
  24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    That is what I am guessing now. Because of something Luke said in TLJ

25. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    If the Knights of Ren are still alive, it would be good to see them in Episode IX. With several significant characters gone, they would make a good addition to Kylo Ren's court. This seems more likely now that JJ Abrams is at the helm of this film, since he had previously expressed an interest in having the story of the Knights of Ren further explored; and TLJ could have set them up as the "handful" of students that Ben took with him after his destruction of the temple.

That said, they could also simply be dead, with Snoke's usage of "Master of the Knights of Ren" meaning something closer to the best of them and only surviving member rather than a leader of a gang. It seems like their role may be limited to the pre-TFA period and Kylo's formative years in the First Order, since that scene from Rey's Force vision in TFA appears to be from a past raid by the Knights in their attempts to find the Skywalker lightsaber. But then that's not the full explanation either, since we were told that Kylo's mask was based on the battle gear of the Knights of Ren, which makes it sound like the group precedes his (and Luke's other students') defection in some form.

Considering how the First Order tends to operate, I can see the Knights of Ren being an older, historical order that had died out long ago, but one which Kylo and his fellow defectors looked up to and decided to "restore" in their search for greater power. This new band may have been an attempt by Snoke to train a larger number of dark siders, perhaps sending them on different missions that ended up winnowing them down to just Kylo Ren, his most gifted apprentice. The others certainly don't seem to have been as advanced in their training as him, considering he was the only one with a lightsaber. Unless they opted for different historical weapons based on preference and a desire to distance themselves from Jedi or Sith.

In any case, I can see how a story about this group would be interesting, especially if set between Bloodline and TFA. It would be a good way of exploring the First Order's introduction to the galaxy, Ben's transformation into Kylo Ren, and give us insight into how Snoke came to corrupt him and make his biggest power play pre-TFA.