main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Enter the Episode IX Treatment Contest! Details here!

3. A Rule For Everyone To See:

The New Films staff strive to create a fun and welcoming environment for all users. This forum is a place for discussing the films, which means that you think the films are worth discussing. Constructive criticism (as deemed by the moderating staff) is welcome and encouraged. Bashing of any kind will not be tolerated anywhere outside The Sanctuary thread. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2016
    Why does only Kylo have a lightsaber? Are all of the Knights Lukes ex-students or are there other members too? Are they all force sensitive?

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I don't have much hope we will see them in IX. I might be pleasantly surprised though..

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  3. themoth

themoth Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2015
    If they're in the film, they'd be one of my most anticipated elements for sure.

MasterPrince713 and sheri1967 like this.
  4. oncafar

oncafar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2017
    I think they'll be there... It would be lame if they weren't.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm guessing they played a part in VIII but we don't know it yet. Episode VIII's crawl hinted at a possibility that they might have. Maybe Snoke deployed them when he initiated the take over of the New Republic star systems?

Well, anyway...

I think if Kylo Ren is meant to be redeemed in IX, which I think he will because there's no way the Skywalker bloodline dies here, then there needs to be another antagonist or antagonists to cause that. The Knights of Ren could be a threat to him, especially knowing that Kylo had killed their ruler, who like their master before had seen as divine and wise. Maybe even sensing Kylo's confliction, it's possible one of them sees an opportunity to seize the supreme leadership for himself and convinces the others to follow him instead. And not wearing the helmet anymore could be another reason the Knights of Ren no longer see their master as one of them, also. There could be several reasons why they turn on him, and could be how and why Ben Solo redeems himself in the end. I'm assuming this is what was saved for the last film, so that the next director had a way to close out the trilogy. I don't know.

Whatever the case may be, there are loads of possibilities. I just hope they use the KOR in some capacity. It would just be another big wasted opportunity that had been setup in The Force Awakens.

M70ko likes this.
  6. TheLastHaterOfZero

TheLastHaterOfZero Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2016
    They can't really use the Porgs, Phasma, BB-9E, Poe's X-Wing, Snoke, the Praetorian Guards, etc. like they did in TLJ, I wouldn't be surprised if the Knights will be the main thing driving the advertising in EPIX.

BalanceOfTheForce and 11-4D like this.