main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    That could have been the church of the force.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Quick question! Who knighted these clowns? No seriously? You can't self-knight. That's like giving yourself a nickname.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  3. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Kylo probably knighted them. *snickers*

4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    If we are to be introduced to a few new characters in IX, my guess is we'll meet the Knights -- probably one or two main characters. And of course new resistance collaborators/leaders. At least one main backer.

That's it. And the roles would be supporting like DJ, Holdo, Peavey, Rose.

And I see the Knights of ren more loyal to ren and maybe the only ones he can trust especially with Hux. Or when Hux ousts him.

TheLastHaterOfZero likes this.
  5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Now that Lawrence Kasdan snatched the KoR idea for Solo with the Cloud-Riders, maybe seeing these really similar guys in 9 might be weird.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think Snoke is said to have knighted Kylo in Pablo Hidalgo's TFA Visual Dictionary, it's been a while since I read so I may be wrong.

7. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I bet they don't even appear.

8. Pete Ren

Pete Ren Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2017
    I won't surprise me either, even though I hope they do show up. They could be a key ingredient, how I don't know, but this trilogy badly needs them.

9. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I had the same thought. When I saw pics of the gang of villains I thought they looked like KoR rip-offs. It got me thinking that if the Han Solo filmmakers are using a design concept for their villains that looks like the KoR, maybe the KoR aren’t planned for Episode 9 & that would be a terrible shame.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I really hope they will appear in IX and play a substantial role. Would like to see their motivations for joining Ben explained. It would also give Rey someone to fight other than Kylo.

Roosterq likes this.
  11. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    The Knights of Ren should be the squad Kylo sends out to kill any young Force Sensitives they can find. It can be explained that this search is what they were already doing during TFA and TLJ, hence they weren't on screen....

I like the idea of Kylo becoming like King Herod, who ordered the death of any infant boy in his kingdom when he was told a Messiah had been born at the time of Jesus.

Luke has told Kylo that he won't be the last Jedi, and now Kylo fears Rey and a new awakening of Force users who will come after him...

I'd love to see Force Ghost Luke manipulate the physical environment to defend a young potential Jedi from the KoR, helping him/her escape in the process.

Force Ghost spirit fighting against living opponents is not something we've seen yet, and it would be amazing to give Luke this ability, showing that he grew more powerful than Obi-Wan who told him he could not interfere if Luke faced Vader.

The caveat perhaps is that Ghost Luke cannot just kill Kylo (and he wouldn't unless it was to save someone) because Kylo is so strong in the Force, but those of lesser ability and non-FS, Luke can thwart in righteous defense of innocents.

Guardian Angel Luke!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  12. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Yoda and Kenobi materialized in earlier drafts of ROTJ to help Luke battle the Emperor and Vader. And didn't Yoda materialize in TLJ? So, I'd love to see Anakin and Luke materialize in IX to help Rey and her Jedi defeat and kill Ren and his Knights. Unfortunately, unless Rey or someone is a Skywalker, the end of the Skywalkers. But Luke would agree the Skywalkers don't have a monopoly on the Force, even if Anakin and/or Luke is the Chosen One.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  13. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I think you’re right. I always took it as the KoR predate Kylo. At least the concept of them.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  14. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Me too. Just like in ANH. Vader betrayed the Jedi and joined the Sith.

Birkendoc likes this.
  15. LukeLives

LukeLives Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2018
    Kylo and the knights of Ren will be seen in episode 9 in the vein of king Arthur and his knights of the round table..only, well evil...they will have a epic battle against luke(alive and in physical form) and Rey and will get soundly defeated. Kylo will die (luke reminds him"told you id see ya around") and then kills him....afterwards, luke will meld back into the force as Rey goes to train a new breed of jedi. the closing scene of esp 9 will be very much like the end of that one Bruce Lee movie (and dam* I can't remember the name of it) but wanna be Jedi will be down in a court yard training and Rey walking the wall looking down upon them as Luke's (force ghost) appears and he and Rey share a triumpant smile as the sun starts to set ........the end...... come on now, could be worse! Lol!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    chrcharcor2 likes this.
  16. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Be hilarious but would explain the legend of Luke Skywalker if he appeared to kick the KoR's backsides and the people who witness learn he actually died but came back just to emphasize just how awesome he actually is!

TadoFett and LukeLives like this.
  17. My Palpatine Eyes

My Palpatine Eyes Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2018
    I agree. We need a stronger villain presence in Episode IX than just Kylo and Hux. I'm worried they won't be included, but I sure hope they make an appearance.

KSennia and Pete Ren like this.
  18. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Will be a huge shame if we never see the KoR again.
    I really thought we were going to witness them in TLJ.
    Perhaps they reside unseen, waiting for Kylo to summon them..

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    At the same time, though I’d love to see more of these guys, I feel like we’re getting our “mysterious crew with cool masks and outfits” fix with the Cloud Riders in Solo.

20. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I suppose we have to see them: Snoke has no background ok but serves a point in the story (the apprentice killing the master)...the Knight of Ren on the other hand, you can edit them off TFA and the story would be the same. So i suppose -and perhaps i'm wrong- their existence will be justified in ep9??

21. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Supposedly 6 actors in their 20s are being casted to work alongside Driver in episode 9. Mike Zeroh just posted.....

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Lol. You should have started that post by naming the source so that we could just ignore the second sentence. ;)

DaddlerTheDalek, TadoFett and Krueger like this.
  23. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Mike Zeroh only gets something right when it's sourced from elsewhere...

I am not going to listen to rumors about the KOR appearing until we get spy photos or some merchandise that confirms their role. We all thought Kylo and the KOR were going to be fighting Luke and Rey on the island based on "leaked information," which turned out to be nonsense.

I do hope that they appear in Episode 9, because that is a lingering piece from TFA that needs resolved, with the references to them, Rey's force vision, etc. I think it makes sense for them to be involved somehow, particularly after the hints that they may in fact be the jedi students of Luke's who left with Kylo during the massacre. Maybe some could flip back to the light side?

whostheBossk and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  24. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I would like to see the KoR in Episode 9.

TadoFett likes this.
  25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Hux was castrated in TLJ. Snoke and his Guards, and Phasma were all killed.

There are no bounty hunters or gangsters already established in the ST.

So the First Order needs an additional threat besides Kylo. Either someone new introduced in 9, or The Knights of Ren, would fit the bill.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Django Fett likes this.