main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Some year and months back, someone speculated that the Knights are female and that is why Kylo wanted Rey to join him.

Now that would be interesting.

TadoFett likes this.
  2. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    You didn't expect to see the emperor actually DO anything, where as the KOR are a band of fighters who's only real expected contribution would be to DO something. Hopefully we get at least an explanation of their whereabouts for the first two movies, and maybe some action from them in IX.

3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    With Kathy in charge I guarantee at least one of them will be female.

4. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Her bravery would be making all of that way. But since she doesn't seem to dig women as villains, I will go with your theory.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    The brief glimpse we got of the KoR in TFA was great. Besides looking the part, they were something fresh, mysterious and menacing. They also immediately had that Star Wars ‘feel’ about them.
    All of which still makes Rian’s decision to completely disregard them as an entity and not have them play an important role in VIII certainly a baffling one.
    As things stand with the narrative, suddenly reintroducing the KoR into it would feel off key and out of place.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well not necessarily. Maybe now that Ren is in charge he can bring them in as his "Praetorian Guard"? And in the OT, the Emperor was mentioned in the first film. And the KOR were mentioned and shown in TFA. Bringing them in now would be like the Emperor in the sense that we went from: mention,hologram, appearance over three films.

TFA already mentioned and showed them. I think IX could pull it off.

By the way, it would be cool to have the KOR an all-female troupe if there were a reason for it. Is it in their philosophy they are gender specific? Is there some kind of story or character reason for this?
    Otherwise, just make it male and female, both.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    TadoFett likes this.
  7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    In all honesty, the Knights of Ren being shoehorned into IX somehow replete with a reveal that they all happen to be female is one i find utterly disinteresting.
    Human or Alien is all that matters in the SW universe. Not gender.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If they want their appearances to draw from medieval knights, then an evil brotherhood would make more sense then an all women gang.

Though having them be all women would be a retcon. From their cameo in TFA and the body outlines, I’m sure Kylo isn’t the sole man of that group.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They'd probably be killed off too quickly by Rey like the Praetorian Guards were I have to suspect. She's far too powerful and if they give her a padawan then I don't see them lasting long on film.

Remembering back to those Elite Praetorian guards who were supposed to be protecting Snoke from anybody including Kylo, they didnt really do a good job and being Force sensitive did not seem like it was a enlisting requirement which is also rather strange. They're just basically fancy Stormtroopers with anti-Jedi gear.

Rian probably should've just had them as Knights of Ren that were more loyal to Snoke than Kylo and be done with them. Being that they've been absent now from two films and all neo-EU works that I know of, I can only view them as having them protecting someone or something important to Kylo. But being that Snoke did not at all appear interested in them, or any any possible counter-attacks from them after he attacks Kylo Ren , my guess is that they're weak in the Force - sure Snoke was arrogant ect but it was not like he ever viewed Kylo and his merry men of misfits as rivals or generic threats to his reign and they seem to be ex-Jedi padawans themselves.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  10. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Speaking of, why would the Praetorian Guard be equipped with anti-Jedi gear anyway? There is just one Jedi left. I actually believed that at some point this guard would be outed as the KOR, but never happened.

Roosterq likes this.
  11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They’re like the Star Wars version of that dude that owns a bunch of nunchucks and Samurai swords for some weird reason.

bluealien1 and ShaneP like this.
  12. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  13. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    AKA the only friend you need when the world ends

14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Would be fun if one of the KoR and former student of Luke was actually Snoke's son. It could explain why Snoke was able to influence Ben

15. Justin Whitted

Justin Whitted Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    They were a safeguard against possible force users conspiring against Snoke (ala Kylo Ren). It's safe to say Sonke was greedy for power, and he would use any means to protect it; I think it's also safe to assume Snoke felt Luke was still alive and trained guards as a possible defense.

Back to the KoR, I would love it if they turn on Kylo, but instead of the popular theory (Kylo turning toward the light) Kylo gets even darker and betrays them in his ultimate quest for power. In his arrogance the KoR team with Rey and take down Kylo.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    NOTJEDIMATERIAL likes this.
  16. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I just figured they were the Red Guards that Kylo and Rey killed in the throne room and that they are gone for good. (And yes I figured they were Luke's students too).

dolphin likes this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If the KOR never appear in Episode 9, I can definitely see this becoming canon at some point. Something along those lines, anyway.

18. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I don't know if those weapons are specifically "anti-Jedi gear," so much as being weapons that happen to be lightsaber-resistant. The First Order stormtrooper battons are, as were items from the prequels such as Grievous' magna guard staffs, etc. In the novels and comics, there were items such as vibro axes and cortosis (sp?) armor, etc, so none of this is inconsistent with established canon. Even Vader's shoulder pads deflected a direct blow from Luke in ESB, at a time when there were essentially no trained Jedi or lightsabers. I think it's overthinking things to criticize that in TLJ.

19. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I don't think it would be out of place at all. TLJ takes places literally immediately after TFA, where the Knights of Ren are mentioned by Snoke. For all we know, they could have been on a mission for Kylo, or wherever Kylo lives when not on a First Order ship. Afterall, Snoke says that Kylo is master of the Knights of Ren, not himself.

I think it would be great if Kylo had taken up residence in his grandfather's former castle on Mustafar, and that the Knights were there. In any event, it would be easy to explain why they weren't there during the short period of time covered by the first two movies in the new trilogy. If there was a time jump between TFA and TLJ, it would be harder to explain.

I personally think that it would be much more jarring if they DON'T show up in 9, and are never mentioned or explained further.

The fact that Johnson didn't want to use them in 8, since he would have just killed them off, makes me think that JJ and he spoke about the plans for them, or that the story group had plans for them in the future. Why else would he care about killing off characters that are only shown in a force vision, and mentioned once?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    rorow1 likes this.
  20. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998
    If, as you say, gender doesn't matter in Star Wars, then why are you opposed to the Knights of Ren being women?

22. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    It would be cool to see some of the Knights use Sabers. And that some of them are former Luke Temple pupils who left with Ben Solo.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It would be cool if they broke out into song, dancing on a table, and they show Resistance POW's outside, clapping to the beat.

24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Aren't the Knights of Ren Force users from Luke's Jedi Temple that Ben Solo turned to the Dark Side? Maybe the Jedi students. Maybe some new Jedi Knights. It's possible the Knights of Ren even had training from Luke.

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, that's the thing. No one knows for sure. All we've got to go on is Luke saying that Kylo left with a handful of students. As a result, a lot of people have assumed said students are the KOR. We don't know.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018