main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005
    There really hasn't been any buildup for the KoR which is unfortunate as their sudden appearance in Episode IX will probably feel quite forced. Having said that; the ranks of the First Order are already pretty thin as they are forced to take orders from Ren and Hux. The new rebels really need a more menacing adversary right now. Perhaps the KoR can fill that gap.

2. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    As much as the new film is about moving forward, it's really hard for me to see them continuing to dwell on Snoke OR the knights in IX. Like TFA, they addressed events of the past only as much as was necessary. I continue to think we'll get a show... possibly several.. set between the OT and the ST.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    kylo may gather the kor back together. or they may just have disappeared.

4. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Luke said Kylo killed most of his students and then some left to join him and Snoke. I'm guessing those are the founding members of the KOR. I wonder if Ren is a person or a place?

5. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Perhaps Snoke and Ben Solo were actually one and the same. Snoke being the true darkside projection of Kylo Ren, and the Guards were actually the Knights of Ren. Just a thought.

6. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

I've been thinking of this for a few days now, I really hope that scene is the final battle in the rain or one of the battles in the film. Even though in force vision in TFA Kylo is now wearing his helmet again, whic hhe clearly got rid of in TLJ, maybe when he is reunite with his fellow members he is pushed into wearing it once more...

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm pretty sure they're the students that Luke said turned with Kylo.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thread merged.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    One can only hope.

10. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    They are likely dead.

11. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I hope not. There is a lot of potential with them. Sigh.....however, we have been disappointed before.

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    This movie spent more than a bit of time undoing much of what 7 seemed to suggest or imply. Luke even mentions other jedi joining Ren but…where are they?

whostheBossk, Darth Smurf and kalzeth like this.
  13. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Now that Kylo has seized control of the FO i wouldnt be surprised if he calls his knights of Ren. Now that Snoke and his guards are no more it could work to have them as new villains since they were already introduced in TFA.

14. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    Didn't JJ Abrams say that if he could, he would have liked to do a spin-off of the Knights of Ren? That is promising for their chances of being in Ep. 9.

whostheBossk, LittleDefel and kalzeth like this.
  15. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    They should have showed the KoR in TLJ, the rumored scene with Luke fighting them on Ahch-to would have been epic, it was the stuff I had been waiting for. I don't see any reason for them to show up in IX.
    They probably use them to confront Rey so she can show of how powerful she is, or Rey will turn them over so they will join her to continue a new Jedi order (It's implied by TLJ that some of Luke's students went with Kylo and are now the KoR).

kalzeth likes this.
  16. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    Kylo and his knights turning on Snoke and his guards would have been a much better, exciting scene in TLJ....we would have gone into 9 knowing Rey and her group will have their hands full..instead we have the FO lead by an emo darksider with no real command structure.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    Why even bother? EP8 Broke Star Wars-Light speed as a weapon? THE most Idiotic move in a film full of them..nothing short of a JR 'Dallas' Scene would work

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Snoke's attendants, the creatures in purple will have fallen into the same bottomless pit that the KoR and Palpatine's Imperial Advisors fell into. So many potentially great characters thrown away, I just don't see the KoR been mentioned other than through a flashback.

kalzeth likes this.
  19. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I do think we'll see or hear something more regarding the Knights of Ren in Episode 9. However, how big of a role is the real question. A time jump with Kylo firmly entrenched as the First Order leader and the knights at his side would be good.

I do feel that Luke's students who left with Kylo are likely the Knights of Ren. However, this does bring up the question of why Kylo is the only one with a lightsaber in the force vision Rey has in TFA.

20. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I bet we see them alive. JJ did create them. I could see them as kylo's guards/protectors and minions.

Maybe to bring him Rey or his mother. Or to attack the resistance.

Then we can get them in action figure form!

21. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I think they will have to have them or at least an apprentice for Kylo. Being the Supreme Leader of a group who will probably be running the galaxy before the next movie kind of limits his time available to personally go Jedi hunting.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    One of Lucas' early ideas for the ST included Jedi hunters so JJ might pull that idea back up and put the KoR into IX.

TadoFett likes this.
  23. King_Kenobi62

King_Kenobi62 Jedi Master

May 7, 2014
    These guys need to show up in IX. I mean they’ve been talked about and briefly shown enough that it’d be pretty ridiculous in my opinion if they didn’t. I like the idea of Ren having his own apprentice, maybe he could elevate one of his knights to that status or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TadoFett and kalzeth like this.
  24. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I always imagined, again imagined, that the KoR were somehow tied into the Sith relics Kylo Ren collects and they too were named after an ancient Sith sect. Kylo would be their leader and they would try and restore the ancient pre-Bane Sith order.

Just fanboy dreamin.

25. Ireallylikestarwarssomuch

Ireallylikestarwarssomuch Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2017
    Curious about the Knights of Ren. The vision that Rey had of them has to hold relevance like all of the other scenes. They weren't just throwaway scenes. Everything in there seemed incredibly important to the story. That is definitely not the destroying of the temple. Either it is a flashback to them hunting people down or it is a vision of the future (possibly still hunting someone down). Is that a Jedi training helmet on the guy's head? He doesn't have a lightsaber and nor does anybody else but Kylo Ren in that vision.

Some things out there make it sound like the KoR pre-date Kylo and so maybe Snoke's guards are a part of the faction but not the whole? It's possible that they were the KoR, though it doesn't speak of them in that way at any point. If they are Luke's old trainees then we can assume they likely aren't as powerful as Kylo Ren but would've surely made some sort of progress with the force. The guards don't seems to be anything but very skillful in combat. Odds are that they could still be around and that they could come to the fore in this next film as Kylo Ren creates his own method of ruling. If we are seeing other force users like the young boy then it is possible that Rey encounters and possibly works to learn the ways of the Force and that we see a confrontation between them in 9. Clearly the ending of TLJ is meant to imply that there will be more people out there playing around with the idea of becoming a Jedi through the tales being told.

TadoFett likes this.