main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Who are they? And what are they? Do they come from Korriban? Let the wild speculation began.

In case you haven't seen it EW has all kinds of fun stories coming out today about TFA including this fun tidbit.

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I wonder if they're the Seven. Love this kind of stuff.

Tommytom, Master_Lok, TK327 and 9 others like this.
  3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    They are likely the seven. In MSW's description it said they were "looting."

When Snoke tells Kylo not to be so sentimental before the attack on Maz's castle, it probably has to do with the Knights of Ren being pirates.

Tommytom, Jaxxon-, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  4. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Remember the concept art MSW described. SIX pirates and one commanding them, hooded, with a saber. The other ones had no saber. What if Solo boy (to call him something) adopted the Kylo Ren name and the other ones followed him in the academy attack? They are loyal to him so they adopted his new name as the name of the "order".

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Knights cannot just be a bunch of looting pirates. That's lame..

MeBeJedi, Encelade, Tommytom and 24 others like this.
  6. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I agree.

They have to have some level of sophistication to them like the Sith.

FuzzieWookie76, nld3, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  7. Darth Vegas

Darth Vegas Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2015
    Kylo, his look and the concept of there being knights seems ripped from history, namely the Crusades, only these guys worship Snoke.

Encelade, mperrotti34 and Redimet like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So Ren isn't his birth name. Well that's interesting! I'm guessing the Knights of Ren are the Seven? And I don't think that article could have made it any clearer that he's the son of Han and Leia so that's definitely settled.

cwustudent, nld3, Immortiss and 14 others like this.
  9. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    What if they ae a off shoot of the Jedi Knights formed by a Jedi named Rem who survived Order 66 that got kind of twisted by years of fighting and they attacked the 'Academy' because they thought that Luke was going to be like daddy and they had a 'duty' to stop the evil before it started again?

Vic Sage, burg2774 and Wildcatbarry like this.
  10. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    It's details like this that make it clear even the best spoiler sites don't have all the info. There had been no previous mention of Ren being not a name. It is nice to have a lot of the broad story but so little of the details.

I like spoilers but at the same time I don't need to know everything. Little reveals like this are awesome and make me anticipate the film even more.

As for who this organization is...could it be an ancient offshoot of force users? A path of force sensitive's that chose not to follow the Sith or Jedi, a path not of dark or light side but of something else? Is Kylo the last of his order? Or is Snoke the leader of these knights? So many questions...so few answers.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That's obviously what they are implying, but I do wonder if they know that for sure or they are speculating like everyone else? I can't imagine that JJ would actually tell a journalist that outright, or even hint at it strongly.

Rabs likes this.
  12. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well I guess that essentially means the Sith aren't returning.

13. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I have a theory that Max von Sydow was the former leader of the Knights of Ren.

14. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    I think the Knights of Ren was originally put together by Vader himself. A sort of his own 'secret service'.

Once the Knights of Ren learn of Vader's death - they go out looking for his remains and find them on Endor.

15. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Well, Vader is building his own private army currently in the comics. [face_whistling]

16. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    In your mind. Don't be surprised if you discover you are wrong. Be prepared. Only a Sith deals in definites lol

darklordoftech, I know and dekaneas like this.
  17. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Really? This is in the Darth Vader series I presume.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well I am a Darth so...

19. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    In a surprising plot twist, the leader will be revealed to be an over caffeinated and slightly deranged Chihuahua.

20. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I reckon the Knights are a group of Vader/Sith fanatics who take Kylo into their group after the academy slaughter. The end goal may have been to have Luke but that didn't work out so well so next best thing is Vaders grandson.

TX-20, CairnsTony and Satipo like this.
  21. Darth Vegas

Darth Vegas Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2015

You'd think he would have mentioned that to Luke in that case 'Oh btw Luke...'

22. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Correct, when he learns just how much Palpatine was manipulating him and how he has a son he makes a conscious decision to overthrow Palpatine and secretly starts gathering resources, followers and agents to do it.

23. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    True. However, its not like Vader told Luke that the Empire still held a number of star systems under their grasp and that taking over from them would not be easy for a New Republic.

24. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Very interesting.

If that becomes the Knights of Ren, I can see why they and Kylo worship Vader so much.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Well, I don't think that they worship Snoke, I rather think he is the First Knight. I like the concept of an order of Knights with broadswords that have taken over the Empire (they have truly took a biiig hint from the Legacy comics).
    But without the "Ren", Kylo Solo sounds weird...
    But to quote Abrams:
    “He is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren,”
    It rather seems to me that he also took on the name Kylo and not only changed his surname to Ren. After all Vader was Darth Vader and not Darth Anakin or Darth Skywalker. The obvious hinting at Kylo's parentage is IMHO just an edcated guess from the current spoilerverse and not something that he has learned from Abrams or Kasdan. They would certainly not tell an interviewer such a major spoiler...

Concerning the current Vader series, maybe he set up the infrastructure for his overtrow of Palpatine with the Knights of Ren as his Enforcer and they stepped in as the Empire crumbled...

Lord Tuvitor and appleseed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.