main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    I believe the Seven Light existed and became the Knghts of Ren when Kylo Ren finally joined them. He becomes the instant leader because the group represents the prophecy. Skywalker is the prophecy and I believe Luke rejected Snoke's claim that he is the Prophet. Then Snoke works on the children and won over Ben. That is why Rey is sent away ultimately. To protect her from the Seven Light. Luke knows its not him or Ben that is the true prophecy holder, it's Rey.

2. Daharis

Daharis Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2015
    Where does this "Seven Light" thing come from?

I definitely viewed it as Snoke's little army of misfits that he put together. I am just really curious to know how/why Ben turned to the Dark Side and came to view the "light" as something to stray away from.

A note: everyone in that picture of the KoR look really skinny, perhaps suggesting that they were all young at the time of that vision. They seem to look to Kylo, suggesting that he is the de facto leader. This also makes me think of a bunch of skinny, wimpy guys who wanna be bad-A and so turned because Snoke allowed them to wear black robes and act tough and beat up probably helpless/unsuspecting people without repercussion.

Kylo comes across as a guy who was probably pretty blah or struggled in the Jedi way and often disappointed everyone, then Snoke came along and told him he was just misunderstood and that the Dark Side would accept him. We see that he wants the Dark Side to work out for him, but is conflicted, and at the end I think he realizes that the Dark Side couldn't defeat Rey (the Sun = Light). He's probably going to feel pretty betrayed, or just think he needs more training and continue to try and become more of a horrible, lonely person.

Sarge likes this.
  3. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    I nearly fell off my couch when I heard on SW Rebels the Mandolorian Rebel,Sabine, announce, "I am Sabine from Clan REN of House Vizla"

Off hand, I cannot remember any two names being repeated in the SW Saga except for the Bens, Kenobi and Solo.

I then looked at the Mandalorian Helmets then at Kylo's. The eye slits in Kylo's helmet more closely resemble theirs than it does Vader's. Additionally, in Rey's Force Vision we see a few others similarly masked as Kylo. This implies a special group to which they belong--The Knights of Ren.

Could the Knights of Ren therefore be an originally Mandelorian group?

4. burg2774

burg2774 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008

Interesting thought. That would make Rey a random, not my first choice. It could also allude to a race by Luke and the Knights of Ren to recruit Rey, yet her parents manage to ditch her on Jakku first. Could give new meaning to the novel quote by Kylo / Ben during the duel, "It is You."

5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It depends on how much the FO knows about that stuff. Snoke and Kylo obviously do. Hux might as well (he knows about Luke and hears Snoke call him "the last Jedi" after all). But the rest, who knows?

6. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015

Really, you guys if you're not watching Rebels and you want an answer to who the Knights of Ren are before next film. The hints are more likely to be found in SW Rebels or possibly the books.

How many people know that Hux's father is a Commandant of one of the Imperial Academys?

7. Star Searcher

Star Searcher Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2016
    I felt the same way too. Really interested if they will continue to further this or clarify it as it has probably left a lot of fans thinking the same way

8. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Sabine's name is actually Wren (with the silent w) so if there's a link it's going to be the knights were only ever Mandalorian a long time ago if ever and the name and possibly the T-visors is all that's left.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    ^What he said. We've actually known Sabine's name since maybe before the start of Rebels, so this confusion shouldn't even be a thing.

10. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    http://makingstarwars.net/2016/02/t...l-was-filmed-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

Wow that changes things. It should have been edited better. To most it looked like the Warrior was swinging at Rey & Kylo killed him for that. Now who was the Warrior swinging at a Knight of Ren maybe?

11. Joanu Savan

Joanu Savan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    If the knights of Ren are born during rebels how could someone explain their absence during the OT...?

12. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I'm not sure why people think Rey was at the actual scene with Kylo. Was she at Bespin, too?

13. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    No, it was the lightsaber that was at Bespin.

14. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    If the Knights of Ren were Mandalorian, does this mean they're not Force sensitive? Of course, a Mandalorian could be Force sensitive.

15. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I know...it was a rhetorical question. ;)

16. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Still in training. And/or off with Snoke wherever he was lurking behind the scenes presumably. Palpatine had the Imperial Guards, Snoke has the Knights as his bodyguards/elite mooks.

17. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Seeing as there's been no cinematic reference to anything 'Mandalorian' in the movies (in fact the prequels dispelled the myth that Boba Fett had anything to do with wither 'Mandalore' or 'Mandalorians') the concept is currently completely EU and not worth wasting brainpower on. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Rian Johnson will explore the idea, but if he does he's likely to put his own slant on it.

18. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    You speak rhetorically? I speak hypothetically.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I speak jive.

MeBeJedi and PCCViking like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.