main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm still going with "Ren" being a place and/or a philosophy, and the Knights obviously originated from there and adhere to the philosophy that was codified then and there.

It could also be a philosophy of using the force (like Jedi or Sith) that has no geographical connection at all, but I think the least likely scenario is that Ren is a person/alien that they follow. First, we already have a "big bad" in Snoke, introducing another with Ren would be strange. And if anything the KoR are probably obsessed with Vader like Kylo is, rather some guy named Ren.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  2. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    its looking ever more doubtful we will see the

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I think Ren is just a play on words - Renegade Jedi Knights.

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]
    Reginald VelJohnson

5. TJSolo

TJSolo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2014
    Just wanted to drop in to see if anyone figured out what the name "Ren" means, any luck yet?

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    These Twinkies are for my wife. She's pregnant.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I like this idea best.

8. goldstandard333

goldstandard333 Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2008
    Big time.

9. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    Yeah. Sure, buddy.

10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    The Knights of Ren were founded by Rex and Ahsoka Tano. :p

Rex.
    Ahsoka Tano.

:clone: :ahsoka: :kylo:

Honestly, I have no idea what Knights of Ren means.

11. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I think that might be it. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

LOL.

12. Darth Punx

Darth Punx Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2015
    I just read and interesting article about Rebels that I think might be a hint or confirmation as to what some of us have already thought as to the Origins of the Knights of Ren being former Inquisitors loyal to Vader.

"After much speculation Sarah Michelle Gellar's character in Season Two of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed. Buzzfeed revealed today that Gellar would be playing the Seventh Sister, the new female Inquisitor seen in the previews for the new season."

Seventh Sister? Makes me think back to what we read on Maz's Vision of The Seven vs. The Clan with The Seven being assumed to be The KoR.

Thoughts??

D'an and darthtimetraveller like this.
  13. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Yes, i think it's most likely these KoR are either former Inquisitors or perhaps even rogue Jedi/Jedi Padawans that survived Order 66/the Jedi purge and possibly went semi-dark. I'm personally hoping they are an Order of Force-users from outside the GFFA, but we'll probably get something a little safer and more conventional to the story.

Plo_Koon888 and dekaneas like this.
  14. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I think Xylo Ren should be the knight tasked with leading the other Knights of Ren and troopers onto the battlefields, in the way bagpipers did. He's constantly running around, hopping, spinning, and dodging blaster bolts, all the while playing inspiring tunes on his torso-mounted marching band xylophone. In desperate moments, he could even ignite short blades from his hammers.
    Utilizing Xylo Ren is a great diversionary tactic. He confuses the enemy.
    From a distance, his enemy sees him coming toward them and are like: "What's this? That gent in the crazy mask and silly hat has a stick with a marshmallow on it! I love roasting marshmallows! Wait a tick.... he's carrying two sticks with marshmallows on them! This is my lucky day! And what's that I see he's carrying in front of him? Is that a candy tray? I hear music! Oh, what a lovely tune. Such an odd day. And here we thought guarding the perimeter of our secret base was going to be boring. Oh, look! He's bringing friends."

The Jaded Irk likes this.
  15. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Wow... has no one really thought of this? I actually think this could be it! Not sure if it'll have any real meaning in the trilogy, it could just simply be the "behind-the-scenes"/out-of-universe explanation on why the name was chosen. Good idea :)

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Renegade Knights is a better theory than most, certainly, but I still think that Ren is simply a name.

17. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah the name of the group. Sure it could signify or mean something, but I'm personally more interested in finding out what differentiates them from the Sith. It's easy to judge a book by it's cover.

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Ren is probably the darkside place/planet they're alluding to in Aftermath, apparently a source of darkside power. I like easy answer and that is the easiest of all.

19. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    You know it really could be as simple as that. A planet or location. Good thought there, D.P.

20. powerpackers90

powerpackers90 Jedi Padawan

Apr 5, 2015
    I think they are just a way to get around "The Chosen One". Anakin/Vader destroys the Sith, but The Knights of Ren the new Dark Siders.

21. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I don't want them to be former inquisitors, because that means they will suck.

B99 likes this.
  22. Spenno

Spenno Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 1, 2015
    I really don't think every new element in TFA needs to hark back to book/comic/cartoon characters from the Star Wars universe, obscure or otherwise. Can't they be new in themselves?
    I love JJ and he's the perfect director for this film, but knowing his previous work and the depths he's gone to in order to add twists and surprises to them (many very anticlimactic, it has to be said), it wouldn't surprise me at all if any of the character/clan names don't transpire to be their actual names!

23. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Bam!!!!! I feel confident with this answer!

24. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    i hope we get a glimpse of the kor in the new trailer.

25. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Darth Urkel....did the force do that???

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.