main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    EDIT: Wrong thread

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Is Mara Jade the Big Bad? Will be the one I check up the most on to make fun of people.

3. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Well that's what I get for looking at the Ahsoka thread while clicking this one. Though...I can sadly forsee a "Will *insert EU character* be a Knight of Ren?" or worse "Did Plagueis found the Knights of Ren" tread/theory starting sooner or later. You know it'll happen eventually! :p

4. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Oh! You meen the "Snoke Screen"!!!! Is the Knights of Ren code for Knights of Plagueis thread?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think the title meant he was the strongest but he was the least insane.

6. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe Snoke became Grand Inquisitor after the others death.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I highly doubt Snoke was an inquistor.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  9. Jedispy77

Jedispy77 Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2015
    I wrote this in a previous thread, but it's worth restating here. To understand what Supreme Leader Snoke represents, I think we need to look at certain plot elements that are thematically and consistently present in the latest promotional media. One example is the “medieval” themes and motifs embodied in the First Order designs, specifically in Kylo Ren’s cross-guard light saber. If JJ and Kasdan chose to model their story after the Crusades and/or the quest for the Holy Grail, we can make some assumptions regarding the overall plot theme.

Essentially, the Crusades represented a military campaign commissioned by Pope Urban in the Middle Ages. The Pope called Catholic soldiers to join the First Crusade in order to guarantee pilgrims access to holy sites in the Holy Land under Muslim control. Based on the plot leaks out there right now, one theory could assume Snoke to be analogous to Pope Urban, leading a “crusade” to guarantee pilgrims access to sites considered holy by those who worship the former “Chosen One”. The fallen and “risen” Darth Vader. The Knights of Ren are analogous to the Knights Templar, on a quest to recover relics of the Sith, or possibly relics associated with the Skywalker family, such as Anakin’s original light saber and to take back the Holy Land. In fact, Kylo Ren’s light saber looks almost exactly like the Cross Pattee sometimes associated with the Knights Templar. The Knights Templar were organized as a monastic order lead by the Grand Master. I think this could be analogous to Kylo Ren. If we think about it in this way, the basic motivation for Snoke and Ren become clear. My guess is Snoke will be leading a crusade to recover the holy land founded on a new religion that will worship the fallen Vader, and the Knights of Ren will be on a quest to recover the grail. The only question that remains for me will be whether the grail is Anakin’s light saber, or what the grail may actually represent in our world, that being the bloodline of Christ. Does that mean Kylo Ren is after the Skywalker bloodline … and to what end?

If this is the direction the Lucasfilm team decides to take, I would imagine that Snoke would be someone like Pope Urban, best known for initiating the First Crusade and a descendant of a noble family. The Knights of Ren are essentially, the Knights Templar. Advanced shock troops used ahead of battle, but monastic in nature.

10. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Maybe the KoR aren't after Luke to kill him they are looking to worship him. ?? ..?

11. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    or "finish what you started" is referring to turning Luke?

12. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    is it just me that gets the feeling that Kylo Ren is the only one of the Knights that knows/able to build a lightsaber?

nld3 and Wildcatbarry like this.
  13. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001

Maybe but I think his skills are incomplete given the quality of the saber he has constructed. But that's pure spec.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  14. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004

That's why I thought he might be the first Knight of Ren to build a lightsaber. Nobody has told him how to build one or helped him fix it. It looks very handmade.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  15. Marsekay

Marsekay Jedi Master star 1

Oct 2, 2005
    ha, as everyone likes boba fett, is it possible they are mandalorians? out for revenge for the death of jango? its not as if we have had huge aries of boba fetts already though..
    And i like how they remind me of randoms from the Dark souls series of games.

16. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    So far it seems the Knights of Ren don't all use Sabers.

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no they're definitely trying to kill luke.

“Together we will destroy the Resistance and the last Jedi.” - kylo ren.

18. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I wonder if JJ took inspiration of this from SWTOR? There's a mission line on Dromund Kaas involving a cult following Revan, with even a girl named Ladra worshipping his mask ala Kylo and Vader's helmet. We know JJ watched the new cinematic back in June for the new expansion, so he's obviously aware of the game. It's pretty neat, though, regardless if lifted directly from it or not.

19. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    I hope that we get to see them in action.

20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No, What?

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    So I kinda have this feeling *assuming Kylo survives to episode 9* that the other Knights of Ren will be the ones to kill Kylo. Like Kylo will turn good at the end and attempt to kill the other KOR. He succeeds partially *manages to kill a couple* but eventually either dies of his wounds or is killed by Snoke *or whatnot* leading Rey/Finn/Luke to take on Snoke and the surviving KOR themselves. IDK....it kinda fits with the trend of movie villains indirectly killing themselves (look at what happens in most MCU films) in order to avoid the heroes hands getting too dirty. [face_dunno]

Darth Caliban and kip73 like this.
  23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    no kotor influence.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah, ok thanks.

25. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I think some of this is possible. Once we know what the Knights of Ren are all about, we'll be able to refine our ideas a bit more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.