main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary The Knights of the Jedi Order

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by PaSco, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    In the past few years I have looked into myself emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I grew up in a household where no one religion was present. My siblings and I were allowed to follow what ever we chose.

I began to realize that I did not believe in God so the current western religions did not suffice to my beliefs. I discovered that the only time I felt at peace was being outside in nature. Over the years I read about Buddhism, Taoism, and various other eastern philosophies/religions.

I have always known that the "Jedi" were very Zen like. I slowly began to read into their beliefs and practices. I can honestly say that I have felt a connection to nature due to this. (The fact that my ancestry is native american might also help this.)

I've decided that I am fully enclosed in the belief of the Jedi. I try to do right where there are wrongs(when I can, if I can't I get someone who can), and just try to teach others to be at peace. Of course never pushing anything on anyone.

Anyways, my thing is that I'm trying to find others that feel this way and see if we can't form some sort of group. I'm mainly looking for people who truly wish to follow I guess what you could call the "religon of the Jedi". I'm just looking for others who feel the way I do.

If you are one of these people or know someone who is, please contact me.

2. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Dude, I like the movie, but seriously...

3. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    PaSco:
    I respect you and your choice of following your feelings. And though, yes I feel that the call of a Jedi is a call for peace and justice, the idea that there's something bigger, more powerful, and more misterious that human beigns can't be shaken away. I learned to respect everyone's ideals and believes and I wish you nothing but the best in your quest to unify yourself to the ideas from the Jedi. I'm honored to have you as a "Friend in the Force" and feel free to have me as a friend. You brought a subject which I consider very delicate to talk about, religion. And though there are others out there that have the same feelings that you are having, I have to respectfully decline your invitation.

Thanks for your time reading this post.
    Wish you the best.
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

4. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    http://www.explorefaith.org/news/05_17_05.html

5. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    no no no. you all have it wrong. I don't believe that there is a "Force". I'm just saying that I believe that if there IS any type of force, to me it would be mother nature. Besides, believing in the "Force" is no different than believing in a God. No religion is wrong because it is based on faith. Hence the reason it is a religion and not a science.

I have no intention on asking anyone to give up their beliefs or even change them in the slightest. I look for others that feel as I do and that is it.
    I'm not saying that I believe one day that I will levitate rocks or do spectacular acrobatics. I'm just saying that a belief in the Jedi Way is what I'm looking for. The honor, courage, and dedication to others. Similar to the Samauri of Japan and Knights of Europe.

It is people like Howard, who act as if I were some kind of geek who had nothing else better to do than sit and watch the movies, that have probably kept people like me to themselves. Just so everyone knows, I'm 23, married, have a 2-year old son, and another child on the way, Store Manager of an auto parts store, and avid outdoorsman. I don't dress up like a Jedi and parade around my town, (not that it is wrong or anything) I actually have a life and friends that don't include Star Wars.

People like Howard used to keep me from expressing this. But I no longer care what others think. I'm not asking anyone to change their beliefs in God, Ala, Buddha, etc. Believe in what you want. All I look for is people who feel that the way of the Jedi( in an honor, committment and courage type(not to rip off the USMC)) is better than what society in the USA has become today. No one I know or have met recently, has showed anything of honor, loyalty, or courage in it's actual forms. That is why I seek others like me who wish to make a difference.

Fipe, I am glad to hear that. Thank you for understanding and politely declining. That is all that I ask for if even that. You I see as someone who has honor in all that he does and says.

6. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    That sounds more like an ethical path rather than spiritual.

7. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    My own path is both ethical and spiritual. But I only look for those that wish to or do follow the ethical path. Everyone's spiritual path is their own. Perhaps ethical too.

8. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Excuse me for my misunderstanding, but with how people are in this world...what I do not understand is why this Jedi belief is different than good values. Without theor Force Powers, lightsabers, and Senate connections, the Jedi are merely people trying to help. Anyone, with any faith can be a good person such as this.

9. SKSeven

SKSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    A lot of the beliefs differ from culture to culture; it's the subtilties [bad spelling, ack!] and what's between the written lines that define it from faith to the next. While all religions have things in common, it's often in the minute details that one finds the differences between them all.

I'm a non-denominational Christian, but then on another note, I've been banned from churches and such because I also believe in magic [in a sense] and in things considered to be like the Force; something that binds all living things together. It doesn't go against the Bible, but you know how some are...

I am interested in your group. I'm studying to be a Historian, with emphasis on Ancient Religion and Mythology, so if you ever get this together, send me a PM.

10. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    PaSco:
    Now it seems more clear to me. I'm happy to hear that clarification. And though I've not decided on it yet, I will have it on the back of my mind as a mental note. Now I know where to go to if I have a question concerning that topic. I do share your comments that there's something else binding everything together... and that we can follow the way of the Jedi's honor.

Thanks for your time, and your friendship.
    Regards.
    God Bless!
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

11. AkanahSkywalker

AkanahSkywalker Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    I'd be interested. Although I personally consider myself a Christian Jedi, I'm looking for other Jedi to learn from, etc

12. Skywalker1243

Skywalker1243 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was struggling a little bit with my faith for a while, because while I was a christian I kept thinking to myself "you know what, I think I believe in the Force and the life of the jedi more than christianity" So while I was in church I sort've had an internal conversation with God. He spoke to me. He said that it's okay to feel the way that I do. As long as I recognize that the Force is not God. The Force is a vessel created by God.

13. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Actually, the force could very well be one interpretation of the Eastern belief in Ki, which some scientists believe to have actual existance, and can be altered by humans.

14. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    PaSco:
    I share the comments of AkanahSkywalker. I'm a catholic christian and I'm a Jedi... though with no powers if you know what I mean :D . Like I said before, there's something that unite everything together. Created by God, like Skywalker1243 said, a vessel or tool to be used for the good of all. Misterious in its ways and the way it works, but capable of uniting everyone.

Thanks for your time, reading this.
    Regards to all.
    God Bless!
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JM
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

15. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    ^^ Personally I think the Force is a power of the Holy Spirit and the power Jesus gave mankind when he said those things like if we commanded the mountains to move in his name, they would. I believe as long as we realize what the Force is, and act on behalf of God, we could do amazing things.

16. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Ditto on Howard's...

17. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Ditto on Howard's...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.