Characters The Kyp/Jaina Fanfic Index and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KypJainaIndex, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm not really sure what story that is, sorry.

Dana
  2. SaberBlade Force Ghost

star 3
    And up we go again...

Anyone interested in trying to tie together a couple of plot bunnies into a Spring challenge?

-Saber
  3. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    We could definitely do that. I need to take the Winter Fanfic Challenge down 'cause no one did it.

Dana
  4. KypJainaIndex Jedi Knight

Story Title: Oskio Preskania Fracio
    Author Name: JainaDurron
    Genre: Completed multi-post story, drama/action/romance. Time Travel.
    Summary: The past and the future are affected when the future children of Kyp and Jaina and Jag and Tahiri are flung back in time to the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war.
    Review: I adore this fic. All the characters are portrayed very realistically, the action is exciting, the time travel makes sense, and the contrast between the past and future versions of the same character is absolutely brilliant. And each romance (and there are many!) is unique and believable. The original characters are well-thought out and seem like real people. Even better, it?s now completed, so we get to read the whole thing straight through!
    Reviewed by: SaberBlade
  5. KypJainaIndex Jedi Knight

Story Title: When the Tide Comes
    Author Name: DantanaSkywalker
    Genre: AU, in progress.
    Summary: What if Kyp never fell to the Dark Side? What if his wife died, leaving him to raise his child alone? What if Jaina is still his apprentice?
    Review: Not only is this fic well written, but all the little differences are intriguing and suck you further into the AU world. Kyp?s daughter is adorable, and the Kyp and Jaina interaction is perfectly in character. So many questions arise from little hints in the writing that you can?t help but look forward to learning more about the AU world, Kyp and Jaina?s relationship, and how other characters have changed.
    Reviewed by: SaberBlade
  6. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have written a Kyp/Jaina viggie. Please no flaming because I'm a J/J 'shipper. It isn't nice, and since it's my first, I would feel bad if it were flamed. So please, no flaming.

The Dance

Summary: After Jag and Jaina marry, Kyp tries to come to terms with the fact that he lost Jaina but she unexpectedly asks him to dance...

~aeryn
  7. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    We don't flame people for trying something new. :) And you're not the first J/Jer to give K/J a shot. What did you think coming out of it?

Dana
  8. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good job you're doing in here! Keep it up! I'll PM you some of my stories
  9. Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I remember reviewing one of Den?s stories in the Fan Fiction newsletter. Would the index accept that review if I sent it along?

Amsie [face_love]
  10. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sure would! :) Any review, as long as it's a positive one (no "This story sucks!!"), will be accepted . . . well, as long as the story's K/J. ;)

Dana
  11. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What did you think coming out of it?

It was interesting to write. I was browsing fanfiction.net, looking for any new Obidala fics and then I don't know, I had an urge to write it. It was fun, I'd written about 95% of it and then had to stop because I had to meet my mom. But once I got to them kissing (I had a brief J/J moment) then it passed and I finished writing the story.

I wasn't sure if it was any good because obviously, I'd never written a K/J viggie before. But so far, I have had nice positive comments about it. That's good. I think the thing is, when inspiration hits for something like that, it can't really be ignored.

I'll always be a true J/J 'shipper but it was different to write about a pairing that's contradictory to them. (Well, I also write Sobiwan fics even though I'm an Obidala fan, so not entirely new for me).

~aeryn
  12. Ars_longa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Um, guys, I'm not sure I should ask this question here, but still...

I read a story some time ago, K/J, in which Kyp finds out that Zekk is his younger brother. Can somebody give me a link or at least its title?

Sclerosis is a funny thing. :)

P.S. Nevermind, found it already. Sorry for interruption.

A.
  13. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hey, if you're looking for K/J 'fics, the K/J index is the place to look. :) We've either written or read everything! ;)

And for anyone who wanders in and wonders about the story mentioned in the post above this, it's called "Not Of This Fold", and it's by myself.

Dana
  14. Ars_longa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Um... looks like I read it all already. At least here and at FF.net. I'm a little puzzled, though. I mean, I know there is no adult fiction on this site and now, unfortunately, on FF.net too. But I refuse to believe there is no such thing as Kyp/Jaina adult fiction on the Net. It's kinda defies the law of Universe. :) But I wasn't able to find it, even with my not unconsiderable dedication to the task. :( Help, someone? PM would be more than gratefully accepted. :)

Thank you,
    A.
  15. Ars_longa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Firstly...

Dantana, JainaDurron, thanks for your PMs. It was extremely enjoyable read. My only wish is "more, please!"

and secondly

Sclerosis strikes again. I can't find a story I read recently in which Jaina asks Kyp to kill a YV ship like Luke did on Ithor. Kyp did it and nearly killed himself in the process. It was quite long and, as far as I remember, a WIP. Any ideas?

Thank you,
    A.
  16. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, it's not one of mine.

If it's a longer one, and a WIP . . . it's probably one of the fairly old ones (meaning two years?). Your best shot would be to look through the ones marked [WIP] or [WIP*].

And if you have time, why don't you review something? You might come across something you like. :D

Dana
  17. Ars_longa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dantana, have mercy. :) It may be not so obvious, but I'm not an English native speaker. In fact, I'm living here for only 3 years. Reviewing (by my standards, I have a misfortune to be an editor by my first education) requires a lot of thinking and right now I'm just not up to the task. Damn finals. I'm virtually brain-fried. Probably later, in two weeks or so, after this nightmare of a semester will be over.
    But... (hopefully) if it will make you to update your fics sooner... :)

A.

18. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I wasn't saying "YOU HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT THIS MINUTE! MWAHAHAHA!" I was just saying, if you found sometime and felt like it, a review wouldn't be amiss, but you are by no means obligated to do anything at all.

Dana
  19. djcati Force Ghost

star 4
    Ars_longa - It's Changing Course, the fic you're looking for. Thought it was, and I just re-read part of it to check (BEST. AU. EVER.)
    I don't know if it's been posted here, probably has, but I found it on FF.net... I'll PM you the link
  20. Ars_longa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you, I already found it. It was easy as soon as I remembered that I read it at FF.net and not here.

I think it's ab-so-lutely excellent. It's such a pity that Lachesis didn't write a sequel or even just another K/J story of this level. You never can have too much of a good thing. :)

A.
  21. SaberBlade Force Ghost

star 3
    As an up for this wonderful thread...

Has anyone started collecting K/J fics not hosted here on tf.n? Are we even allowed to do that here or would we have to put the links up on a different site?

-Saber
  22. djcati Force Ghost

star 4
    I save pretty much every K/J on FF.net in my fave stories list... heh
    I've never found a story that wasn't hosted on either TFN or FF.net though.
  23. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, there are going to be several over at KAJSU that can't be archived here. Eventually, I want to archive ALL K/J fics at KAJSU, but getting people to submit them is difficult.

As far as this list goes, it's just the 'fics here on JCF. But if you guys want to be adventurous, and ask authors on ff.net if they want to archive their stuff at KAJSU, let me know. :)

Dana
  24. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Remember, guys, to submit your 'fics! We make periodic sweeps, but the list would stay up-to-date better if you'd PM the information (or post it in this thread) when you first post the story. :) I'm pretty sure we don't have all of the 'fics/poems that are on these boards on this list, and I'd really like to get them all!

Dana
  25. LadySiva Jedi Padawan

I'm new to the k/j fanfic well to all starwars fanfiction actually and being faced with a list of titles is little intimting so can any give me any recs? Either here or on ff.net
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.