main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Kyp/Jaina Fanfic Index and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KypJainaIndex, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Wow. Interesting challenge. I don't know much about Kyp or Jaina, but I'm willing to learn. :D

2. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    It's been so long since I've written Star Wars fan fiction, let alone K/J. I'm not sure if I can still do it. And if I do, I'm concerned I'll be writing OOC.[face_worried]

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  4. KypJainaIndex

KypJainaIndex Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2003
    Just added 2 authors (Flowerlady, Idrelle_Miocovanni (sp?)) and a total of 12 stories (including three by DantanaSkywalker and five by Smuggler_Shidakis). Removed one author who doesn't want their work categorised as K/J.

Dana

5. KypJainaIndex

Nov 9, 2003
    Added 6 stories, and 4 authors (BottledUpInside, BurntTheMacaroni, Grand Admiral Wettengel, and stickster) to the index.

6. KypJainaIndex

Nov 9, 2003
    4 new stories added to index. 2 authors added to index (MiaTieska, princess_of_naboo).

We're still looking for reviewers/reviews. If anyone would like to do a review, please see the first post of the thread.

7. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    whoa! I had no idea i was even on this haha. That is quite a list!!! good to know there are so many Kyp and Jaina supporters!

8. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Can't bear to let this fall to the back of the board. There's way too much great fic here! Up! Up! Up! Some of the best writers on the forums are here writing K/J fics. Keep it up!

9. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    I second that! ( Does the K/J Dance) [face_dancing]

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    What exactly does the "K/J Dance" entail?

Dana

11. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Well, you see it goes like this [face_dancing] , then this [face_dancing] and then you throw in a couple of these [face_dancing] [face_dancing] . Darn it...that plot bunny is trying to trip me up. :p

12. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    lol....Katie you keep doing the K/J dance and you're gonna have me writing K/J dancing!!!!!

meg

13. KypJainaIndex

Nov 9, 2003
    We need more volunteers for gathering links for indexing.

14. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I'll do it! :D

Just PM you a list of K/J stories that are on the boards or should we ask the authors first?

15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Just PM the index account (and mine, to let me know you did it!) and I'll get the stories added.

16. KypJainaIndex

Nov 9, 2003
    Unlocking and upping.

17. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Hurray!

I have open hands for helping, too. If you need me. ;)

love, marybeth

18. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    I believe this thread needs a boost! :p

New stories are around about, (with more on the way I'm sure) so some updating maybe?

19. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Just found this thread! Looking forward to exploring Kyp/Jaina goodness.[face_batting]

20. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    So much love for K/J [face_love]

But since it doesn't seem like Dantana is around much anymore, maybe a new indexer is needed? I would be happy to volunteer. I can even go around hunting up links, as it seems the index is in dire need of updating. Not sure how to apply for the position though ...

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    PMing one of the mods would probably be fastest :)

22. KypJainaIndex

Nov 9, 2003
    This is your new indexer, Lady_Tahiri, taking over from Dana who has done a bang-up job of keeping this place up since she started it.

In the interests of making recently updated fics more accessible, I've stickied a list of WIPs and completed one-shots to the first post in this thread. The definition of "recent" is fairly flexible, so if you see any more K/J fics out there that have been updated within the past year, please let me know! We really want to promote new K/J stuff because this ship is nowhere near as robust as it used to be, so every little bit of activity is good news.

I've added more than 20 fics in the past few days. Mostly older stuff, from 2005-6, but everything I've added so far has dates appended and hopefully this will be helpful. On that note, precisely because there are so many good older fics buried in locked threads, I thought I would share them with everyone by spotlighting one every month, linking to it and reviewing. How does that sound?

In addition, if you have read an excellent K/J fic and are itching to review it, we'd love to have your reviews! It doesn't have to be a big production - even a 100 word teaser summary is fine.

Aaaaand this is now officially an Index and Discussion thread. A topic to generate further discussion will be forthcoming. :D

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It looks great - congrats on taking it over, and good luck hosting!!

24. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    YAY! I'm so excited, you have no idea.

Lady_Tahiri, thank you sooo much for taking this project on - let me know how I can help (I'll definitely look into reviewing a few of the older fics soon.. I have some favorites for sure!), and I can't wait to get started on these discussion topics and challenges!!

Yay. :D

25. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    I'm so excited for this too!

Thanks so much for doing this, Lady_Tahiri!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.