main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Kyp/Jaina Fanfic Index and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KypJainaIndex, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, Lady, looks good! :D If you come across anything that I posted that you need me to edit, let me know.

Stang, so much I need to update . . .

So, I'm hearing something about K/J UST in one of the latest books? What's that about? I'm so far behind on everything.

Oh! In semi-related news, I turned kypandjaina.net into just a fanfiction archive.

2. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Thank you Nat, Jedi_Sword, Mia and Dana! :) Good to see you guys here!

I come bearing fic recs. Who We Are Instead by Jedi_Jaina_Durron (posted 2005) is possibly the best ensemble cast piece I've ever read. The premise is that a team of young Jedi Knights are investigating an irregularity in the Unknown Regions. It's a post-NJO AU so no darkling!Jacen. In fact Jacen is pretty kickass in this fic. There are hints of Jacen/Tahiri action and Valin falls head over heels for Wyn Fel. Also, Jag shows up and he has a personality. It's not the ships that make this fic, though - it's the style, which is exquisite, and the characterization, which is spot-on. The chapters are chock full of quotes from Faulkner, Tennyson, Dickinson, Sting (!), and Mike Stackpole (?!) among others. There are a lot of OCs but I did not find them boring or overwhelming - in fact, the OCs were fascinating in their own right and each had wonderfully vivid backstories. I have no idea why this amazing fic only got an average of 3-4 reviews per update during its run on the JC, but I really can't recommend it enough. WARNING: This is one of those lamentably abandoned WIPs. JJD stops just as she's getting to the good part, too. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Jedi_Sword: Yay! *rubs hands together in anticipation of reviews*

Dana: Oy vey, Kyp and Jaina don't get enough screentime together. The only scene I remember them having lately was in Backlash I think? Sounds about right, Allston is always up for some UST.

Okay so I fail at coming up with discussion topics but how about this: What would Kyp and Jaina watch if they went out to the movies? (Pretend for a minute that the galaxy doesn't require saving and they admit their feelings and go on an actual date.)

3. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Hi everyone,

Forgive me, I haven't been on the boards much lately due to DRL.
    So.. I'm a bit lost. [face_blush]
    But its great to pop back and see K/J-er's still at it.

Woah (no disrespect intended but ..) never mind the discussion, that itself is brilliant idea for a short fic L_T!

But back to the idea of discussion.. I think whatever the pair saw, it was be action or adventure based film. Something like The Mummy or Terminator. I guess for a date that's not very romantic. But I just couldn't see them seeing something lovey-dovey.

S_M

4. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    OMG yes they would so watch Terminator (and critique the action sequences). Also Boondock Saints I think because that movie is five different kinds of awesome.

But I just couldn't see them seeing something lovey-dovey.
    See, I dunno about that. I could see them going for something with intelligent themes and hilarious dialogue like Love Actually. I imagine Kyp would be all for it just for the snark factor, but Jaina is so anti-fluff she might take a little convincing. *hides from plot bunnies*

Also, you were just the person I was looking for! I wanted to ask if you've written more K/J goodness besides the stuff already listed in the index? In fact I KNOW you have, I just don't have links. Should I add "Little Wonders" do you think? I mean now that the big reveal has happened. ;)

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay, now you've got me picturing Kyp and Jaina MST3K-ing Twilight and New Moon. [face_laugh]

So glad to see this index back. :) Fic recs are an awesome idea! :D Yay! *and there is much celebrating*

Reminds me that I really need to get back to my "eventual", "possibly", "will-they-won't-they" K/J story of epic time travel insanity. :p

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    I can't tell you how happy I am to see this Index back up and running! [face_dancing]

And I should have some fics forthcoming that I'll be submitting to the index... :D We've gotta keep the K/J love going strong!

~Celeste

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I'm delighted to see this thread open again! [face_dancing] :D

As to the movies... I'm wondering if they'd like films in which they saw themselves reflected (I'm thinking that Ridley Scott's themes of armed rivalry and UST would suit them, but I'm struggling to think of one where the rivals are also the UST-y couple - anyone? o_O [face_thinking])...

... or if they'd look for fun escapism and light flicks (something left-field like Wallace & Grommit, or a silly actioner like Top Gun or a good James Bond).

Can we extend this out to TV series? o_O [face_thinking]

And there was some VERY good K/J interaction in Backlash... are you thinking of that, or does this mean there's actual UST in Allies? o_O :eek: :D

- The Imperial Ewok

8. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    I second that! It's really nice to see some life coming back to this "ship" again! :)

9. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Haha! You're so right, Jaina wouldn't be into lovey-dovey-fluffy films. Kyp would have to surprise her or force her to watch one. (Another plot bunny there, I hope you're making a list of these.. ;))

You wanted me? [face_batting] Lol. I always have an idea for a K/J fics. But like you say, the one at the moment, is Little Wonders. And yes, you can definitely add that fic if you want. It's going to lean towards that couple more and more.. [face_blush]

It's so good to see this thread back up and running. [face_mischief]

Edit: I found a little K/J one-shot (split in 2 parts) I did a few months back, called Sunrise. Maybe that could be added too..?

[face_peace]

10. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Hey, good to see this alive and well!!!! Thanks to Lady_Tahiri for searching out my fics and updating the index. I think only my first fic was ever listed.

I know I've switched ships over the past few years, but J/K has always been close to my heart.

Sara

11. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Idri: MST3K ftw! *nudges Idri?s magnum opus*

CelesteAntola: Awesome. Looking forward to seeing your fics! [face_dancing]

Thrawn McEwok: James Bond for sure. Who knows, they might even watch Gossip Girl for the express purpose of throwing popcorn at it. Ridley Scott ? nope, drawing a blank here, but if we go for TV series I nominate Firefly. C?mon, space western? Also, this is some hilarious Firefly/Star Wars crossover art. And yes, I was referring to Backlash. Kyp and Jaina so rarely even appear in the same scene together anymore that it?s cause for celebration when they do. UST is just icing on the cake.

star_writer24: I do miss the golden age of Kyp/Jaina shipping. [face_love] It was 2004-2006 or thereabouts, by my best guestimation. It?s all good though. Time to start cranking out those fics.

SITH_MAYO: Already added Sunrise, but if you have any more stuffed in a drawer somewhere let me know and I?ll add it!

Flowerlady: Lol we won?t hold your jumping ship against you. We thank you for giving us so many of your prolific writing years and hope you will continue to enjoy K/J even if you don?t write it anymore.

Fic rec: More Than a Sun Crusher & More Than a Crush by Trepidation. This is a snarkalicious all-dialogue fic with Kyp and Jaina rocking their respective repertoires of witty repartee. One of the strengths of this kind of setup, which Abby points out in the thread, is that all the background stuff ? political developments in the galaxy at large, for instance ? are glossed over. I mean, there are occasional references, but the focus is on Kyp and Jaina, as it should be. There are some serious issues in their relationship (and I mean ?relationship? in a platonic sense here) that the two of them are very, very good at avoiding. So it?s worth reading for what they don?t say as much as what they do. This may be a big burden to lay on a small fic, but I really think the story explores some of the factors that make Kyp and Jaina such an unbeatable team ? as well as the reasons it would have been incredibly difficult for them romantically. Just to give you all fair warning, it?s another unfinished WIP.

Man, so good to see the Kyp/Jaina ship hasn?t sunk to the bottom of the sea yet! :D

12. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Wow! Great to see some life over here! Glad everyone hasn't abandoned the K/J ship!

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm still K/J but have been working on my M/E fics (i.e. my novel).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Obi-Wandering

May 27, 2005
    I fell off the boards and reading FanFic about 4 years ago due to DRL but this weekend finds me sick and stuck in bed. Am catching up on all the posts/updates to stories I was reading in early 2006.

Will try to read some new fics, too. This listing is wonderful for that. But I have to ask.....are there any special 2007-date stories that you experts recommend (in addition to those above)? I'm loving the More Than a Suncrusher for example.....

I read tons of FlowerLady, SithMayo, Dana, etc earlier on the pairing, but I'd love to hear about the newer stuff!

Thanks!

15. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Hey Obi-Wondering, could you clarify what you mean by "2007-date fic"? I wouldn't call myself an expert, I just like to bookmark things and I hoard fics like a squirrel hoards acorns. I'm glad you enjoyed More than a Suncrusher!

16. Obi-Wandering

May 27, 2005
    Sorry.....bad typing. I was thinking 2007-to date. I've read most of what's out there written through 2006 (and they are some GREAT fics). I'm curious about the newer stuff. I've been off the boards for so long and would love some tips about the newer stuff.

Thanks!

17. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Well I don't know how helpful it'll be because I didn't organize them by date or anything but monster list of K/J fics is monstrously long. I've put up summaries and stuff so if you go through you could probably just click on the ones that don't look familiar?

I know what you mean, I was on hiatus from SW for years and then I came back and there's so much good stuff. :D

18. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    It is so weird seeing myself listed as "the_jedi_princess". Every other site/fic I have written has been under "Jedi Princess Clarrisani" or just "Clarrisani". I can gladly say that Cenev (if anyone remembers him), Kyp and Jaina are still running around in my head, but I honestly think "Papa Don't Preach" should have ended at the wedding, "Eternity" so needs a rewrite, and lets not discuss the others.

Out of curiosity, does that silly "no slash" rule still exist on this site? *goes to look*.

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Back again, long time no see, hope you're all well.:)

Unfortunately... I think it still does.. does it? Lol. Did you actually check?

I'm still writing K/J if you're interested... here's a shameful plug!!! (Sorry..[face_blush])
    Breathe For Me

Anyways.. I haven't read a lot of the new books, is Kyp playing any major role? I don't want huge details.. just would be nice to know if he's in it, if at all ... :confused:

S_M[face_peace]

20. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I checked, and it does. How 90s. :p

21. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Can't win them all.. [face_frustrated]
    Still there are other fanfic sites that don't have those regulations. Just have to go elsewhere.. :rolleyes:

Any ways.. any new stories around lately? I fancy some good reading.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.