main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The La Junta Chapter lives!!!/Costuming Suggestion.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gilbu_Cotac, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilbu_Cotac

Gilbu_Cotac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    All hail the Empire!

Hello fellow force-geeks. I would like to apologize for the lack of activity from the La Junta duo. We have both been VERY busy, and my presence on the boards has been under par. I have been reading the boards regularly though, and am quite encouraged by recent events. I was unemployed for quite a while, but now that my life is back in order, I should be able to keep in touch better. We're trying to get Keith (aka-the tall one) moved in this weekend too.

Also, before I finish my rant, I would like to propose a costuming idea. I have always wanted to create a costume to help celebrate the saga we all love. I have thought of numerous characters, but they've all been done! I love Boba Fett, but it seems everyone does as well, and they're all more skilled than I. I'm sure everyone has experienced this, even those who are very skilled at costuming.
    My idea: support, or volunteers, to help with the creation of costumes based soley on the Expanded Universe, specifically (for now) from the video game Knights of the Old Republic. Jedi, Sith, anything. That way those of us tired with the "same old thing" could still have a way to express our fandom with costuming. I know there is going to be problems with the EU vs. Film debate, but hey, there are a lot of great and feasable designs from all aspects of the Star Wars universe.

Any takers?

2. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    thats actually a cool idea, also if you realy wanna make a costume paersonally i think a c-3po would be cool, its not often you see one of those.

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I think thats agreat idea. I like to see when ppl do EU costumes. THe one idea that i keep palying with but never get it off the drawing table is the Crimson Empire armor. its EU yet OT. plus its so dang cool.

4. Gilbu_Cotac

Jun 24, 2002
    The reason I specifically wanted to do KOTOR, is because of the Sith Academy uniforms. Pretty cool. I'm also trying to convince Keith to shave his head so he could be Darth Malak.

BTW- Myself and fellow brothers of the wonderous girth would not fair well in a C3PO costume. Stated otherwise: Fat people can't fit in a Threepio suit.
    Picture the SNL skit where Darrel Hammond played Richard Dreyfus auditioning for C3PO.

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    what do the sith academy uniforms look like?

6. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    [image=http://xoomer.virgilio.it/m.daroit1/kotor%20ok.JPG]

Is the silver guy what your talking about?I am not to familar with the game so i could be wrong.

7. Gilbu_Cotac

Jun 24, 2002
    Since I could not see the picture, I'll assume you're speaking of the guys in the full silver armor? No, those are Sith soldiers. The heads of the Sith academy on Korriban, their oufit somewhat resembles Imp officer uniforms. Kind of hard to describe. I'll see what I can do for a picture sometime.

And what do you mean you haven't played it?! The game is only 20 bucks for the XBOX (the game is worth the purchase of an XBOX itself.) It's even out for the PC. You have no excuse!

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    sure I do. I am a poor college student who slaves away at hobby to pay his bills which include rent,cell phone,insurance,gas for insured vehicle(btw,after doing some research it was determined the ford 390 thats in my truck was the worst fuel efficent engine designed by ford), and odds and ends.I want an xbox just for the SW games,not to mention halo.

9. Gilbu_Cotac

Jun 24, 2002
    Bump to tha ump.

10. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i was wondering where you two have been . good to see your still arond .

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Gilbu, (sorry, can't remember your new and improved moniker, lol}

were you really interested in doing a Rancor Keeper?

let me know...we came up with some new ideas for the Rancor and its transport, and I'd like an idea of how many keepers we can count on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.