main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Lady Gaga Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by AmidalaLover, Sep 19, 2015.

1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Here we can discuss one of the most controversial and versatile pop stars of this current generation. She began her career shocking with sexual and controversial songs and music videos. She shocked the world with her dresses, including the infamous 2010 VMAs Meat Dress where she won 8 Moonmen in one night, tying in second place for the most wins in one night, and in first place for the most wins in one night among females. She broke streaming records with Bad Romance. Her debut worldwide tour The Monster Ball Tour grossed more than 200 millon and is the highest grossing debut tour of all time. Her sophomore album Born This Way has the highest worldwide first week sales for an album this decade. Her total solo tour gross has reached half a billion and she is the youngest artist to reach this milestone. Recently, she collaborated with Tony Bennett on their album Cheek to Cheek which hit #1 on the Billboard 200 making Tony Bennett the oldest living artist to have a #1 album. It also made Gaga the first female this decade to have 3 consecutive #1 albums. The album won a Grammy for best Traditional Pop Vocal Album making Gaga the youngest artist ever to win the award and she became the first person of all time to win a Grammy in Pop, Electronic, and Traditional Pop categories. She is currently working on her 4th solo LP and she is set to star in American Horror Story: Hotel as the Countess.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Can she swim faster than a shark?

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    She has some decent pop songs and amusing outfits.

4. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Listen to Cheek to Cheek. Really enjoyable. I was suprised that she sang one of my favorite genres with a legend.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol... no she didn't.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Stop, you're ruining everything.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I used to work with a guy who was obsessed with Lady Gaga. He was always drawing pictures of her (quite good, actually) and even got her face tattooed on his chest. I admire her creativity, but otherwise she does nothing for me (I'm sure she's losing a lot of sleep over that). But she's in good company, as I can say that about the bulk of pop culture and musical acts from her era.

AmidalaLover likes this.
  8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    A true fan would have her chest tattooed on his face, but I digress.

I think she is an incredibly talented singer/songwriter, but her biggest talents are in self promotion and how she has marketed herself.

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    She's no Taylor Swift

JoinTheSchwarz and Diggy like this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Manufactured shock isn't really shock.

And epic has never been more right about anything in his entire life.

11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    She likes to whip her boobies out a lot.

12. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    o is she still out there. i thought she had died or quit or become totally irrelevant or something

13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Pity how Katy Perry made her irrelevant by making exactly the same kind of music and being considerably hotter.

vin likes this.
  14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Remember when she trolled everyone pretending to be transgender?
    [​IMG]

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nowhere near as good as her brother, Lord Booboo.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I like her pop dance stuff well enough. "Born This Way" was my warm up music for a while.

She was funny on SNL, and that always wins big points with me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Concerning Taylor Swift, though she's indeed quite talented, I'm still annoyed with her cover of 'Lose Yourself' that I heard at Dodger Stadium in '07; the tone was all wrong. :p

AmidalaLover likes this.
  18. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    I meant her pop career.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

My favorite performance from GAGA.

AmidalaLover likes this.
  20. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    I love that one! I also love this one

21. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  22. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014

That was such a great performance! Seeing her live is amazing you get goosebumps. I saw her at Radio City with Tony Bennett and the entire audience got goosebumps at some points when she hit certain notes. :D

For those interested Lady Gaga just presented at the Emmy's and she looked pretty hot!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I do really love her haute couture outfits and costumes, but I love the classy couture like that even more. Edgy, different, but glamorous.

AmidalaLover likes this.
  24. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    If her output was half as good as her taste in music, i'd be a fan. From the interviews i've seen and heard with her, she has amazing music inspirations and idols, not to mention her choice of covers. I'm not a fan of modern pop or EDM at all so the music just doesn't speak to me. Sometimes I can't help it feel that it's her overall art form as a person that helps to sell the records more than the music. Though, that may just be the words of my inner cynic. But it's a shame, she'd be amazing doing something stripped back and minimal with some R&B grooves between the lines.

25. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Cheek to Cheek was great! Tony Bennett really brought out a lot in her. I hope she shows her voice on her next pop album. I wish she would release more songs like Do What U Want.

I know! She really has evolved fashion wise. She stil has the edgy look to herself but with a lot of class. I love how we can see her tattoos.

Admiral Volshe likes this.