The Land Before Time

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by midthomp, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midthomp Jedi Knight

star 2
    Was this Lucas' only cartoon? I was kind of dissapointed in the animation.
  2. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    No it wasn't his only cartoon. And i guess you mean more like Lucasfilm.

There were of course the Droids and Ewoks Saturday morning cartoons. Also there was Twice Upon a Time back in 1992, a small and not widely seen animated theatrical film..

Indirectly, ILM worked in a few cartoons (mainly 2 Disney Roger Rabbit shorts).
  3. midthomp Jedi Knight

star 2
    Was ILM even involved in this movie? I thought it was all traditional anamation.
  4. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes ILM did work on Twice Upon a Time. No, I don't know exactly what they did, probably only opticals.

It was a traditional animated film though the animation was lit from below so it kinda glowed. Maybe Korty used some of the animation stands too at ILM.
  5. The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I've never seen it, but my sister say it's really sad and refuses to talk about it.
  6. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Master

star 4
    Just how old is your sister, TBF? Sad as in :( :_| or sad as in [face_shocked] [face_laugh]? It wasn't all that sad! And it was a pretty good movie, nice score by James Horner, nice animation. Wasn't it produced by Spielberg and Lucas and directed by Bluth?
  7. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    We are discussing 2 movies here. The Land Before Time was indeed by Bluth, Spielberg and Lucas and more of you typical animated film (mostly fun for kids).

Twice Upon a Time (1982) was done by John Korty a friend of Lucas. It was a more adult themed animated movie (say like Spirited Away, Prince of Egypt or Spirit).
  8. The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Eugene_Meltsner_AIO: My sister found it :( :_|. She was in grade five and had to watch it at school. She doesn't like sad movies, especially ones that involve animals.
  9. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
    Twice Upon A Time was a fantastic movie!!! Unfortunately, the only version that is available on VHS is the watered-down "children's" version. The original theatrical release (which I must have seen on HBO about 20 times) was filled with... shall we say adult language... very funny stuff... the kids version is still funny, but it's lacking the harder edge of the original.

Yancy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.