main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico The Land of Dalariel (RPG): next session TBD

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jan_Solo, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Working on Digital's preliminary character sheet as well. Ricardo, Gerry and Luis, you guys are lagging behind :p.

Here are some more juicy MINOR SPOILERS to keep you fed:

- The Force-user and the Clone Soldier are part of the Republic forces.
    - The Mercenary and the Droid work for the Techno Union.
    - The Elves are natives of Dalariel, but belong to different clans.

During the next week or two we will meet to create the final character sheets, where you will get to assign your Skill points, choose your Feats, and work on other details. Once Luis shows signs of life, we will plan the date and time for the meeting. Stay tuned to this Thread for the latest info!

2. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Alive and kicking I am.

No tengo ni idea de como va a correr la cosa. Pero por lo menos me voy a leer este thread.

EDIT: Ya me leí el thread y la historia. Tengo par de ideas. Espero poder escribirte algo antes del domingo.

3. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    The Artist Formerly Known as Kid-Boricua! Welcome back... Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything regarding the campaign, and BTW, I have your books. ;)

4. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    - Elven Factions of Dalariel -

Techno Elves
    Once a part of the nation of the Free Elves, they separated and formed their own clan after the Techno Union arrived in Dalariel. They are allies of the Techno Union, and willingly help them with labor and research at the mines and factories in exchange for technology. The Techno Elves have embraced the lifestyle of the outsiders, who they refer to as the People of the Stars, and their culture has been greatly influenced by them. Most of the Techno Elves speak Basic (although very few can actually read or write the language) and they like to use "modern" weapons like blasters pistols and rifles. Recently, they have been expanding their borders and as a result several skirmishes have occurred with the Free Elves and the Sentinels.

Free Elves
    The Free Elves of Dalariel now control most of the non-Shadow lands. They are a warlike and aggresive race that lead a crusade against the Shadow Army and the Techno Union invaders. They consider the Techno Union people as impostors and heretics, who came to Dalariel to invade them and exploit the Elven lands for their own benefit and purposes, and not to help them like the true People of the Stars were supposed to. Therefore, they think the Techno Elves were wrong to accept them as their friends and integrate their culture with them. In the past they have used diplomacy with the Techno Elves to try to convince them to leave the side of the Techno Union and join them against the Shadow Army. But seeing no results, they are now ready to strike at the Techno Elves since they continue to refuse and are expanding their territory into allied lands. Even though most consider the Techno Union to be their rival, some Free Elves have developed an interest for their culture and have learned to speak their language.

Sentinels of Dalariel
    An old ally of the Free Elves, their allegiance was shaken by the recent events regarding the separatist movement of the Techno Elves. Initially, when the Techno Union arrived in Dalariel and the Free Elves were divided on the issue, the Sentinels remained neutral in the conflict between the Techno Elf rebels and the Free Elves. But now they have recently allied with the Free Elves once again since the Techno Elves started to threaten their borders. Some Sentinels still remain friendly towards the Techno Elves, but their military body fights against them nonetheless. Even though they fight against the Techno Elves, the Shadow Army remains as their ultimate opponent. Some Sentinels have an interest for the culture of the Techno Union. Those who do usually learn to speak Basic and a few of them have even managed to secretly acquire new and advanced technology from the Techno Elves.

Elves of the Wild
    The Elves of the Wild are a tribal race that lives far away from conflict, and they enjoy staying out of it. They do not welcome strangers into their lands, as they always seem to bring trouble with them. Some Wild Elves might provide shelter to travelers, even though they would prefer them to leave as soon as possible. They have had little contact with the other Elves in recent times, due to distance and perhaps a lack of interest in getting involved in politics as well. Most Wild Elves have had no contact with the People of the Stars. Some of them are curious, others prefer to stay away, and even others would attack them on sight.

Notes:
    - If your character is an Elf, you will belong to one of these factions, and you might have had contact with some or all of the others.
    - If your character is not an Elf, you might or might not know about the existence of some or all of these factions.
    - Check your PMs for the details.

5. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. Here is an explanation of some of the game rules that we will be implementing and enforcing in the campaign:

Multiple Team Sessions
    The first and the last sessions of the campaign will be multiple team sessions, meaning that all players will be present. These sessions will involve a series of Scenes that will run one after the other, although not all players will be present in all Scenes. When a Scene is being played out, those players who are not actively involved in it can choose to be Spectators for the Scene. Players who do not wish to be Spectators for a particular Scene will wait in a separate room while the events unfold. The Spectators will be able to watch as the events in the Scene unfold, but they will not be able to participate in those events, as their characters will not be present. Spectators will not be allowed to speak, make hand gestures, etc., not even to other Spectators. Failure to obey this rule will constitute Metagaming penalties (see Metagaming below).

Metagaming
    Metagaming involves a player character in the game using knowledge acquired by the player outside the game. The first time that the GM understands that a player is Metagaming, he will receive a first warning that will be accompanied by a -50% Exp penalty for the session. If the act is repeated a second time, the player will receive a second warning that will be accompanied by a 0 Exp penalty for the session (the player will earn no exp for the current session). If the rule is violated for a third time, the player will be removed from the game. Players who choose to be Spectators in the multiple team sessions should be extremely careful with Metagaming. If a player is unsure about whether or not an action will be constituted as an act of Metagaming, he should ask the GM before committing to the action.

Role-playing
    Acting out your character well in the play sessions will result in Bonus Exp. After each session is over, the GM will choose the player who role-played his character the best during the session. This player will receive a +25% Exp Bonus to the experience points earned on that session. The GM may also award a +10% Exp Bonus to those players who have shown a commendable effort in role-playing their characters but who do not get chosen for the +25%. We want everyone to role-play, and to role-play well, so hopefully this will serve as a good incentive to motivate the players.

Attendance and Lateness
    Players who are absent to a play session will receive 0 Exp for that session. Players who arrive after a play session has started will receive a -5% Exp penalty to the experience points acquired during that session. We will do everything possible to plan out the sessions so that everyone will be able to attend. But we also want the campaign to move along in a smooth and consistent manner (no sporadic sessions), and we would like to avoid as much as possible having to cancel a session or delay it due to someone arriving late.

Misc. Exp Bonuses
    Players who post regularly in this Thread will be awarded a small exp bonus. Be creative - you can post about pretty much anything that you would like as long as it is related to the game. Also, bringing gifts (food, money, women) to the GMs will earn you exp bonuses, although the bonus will depend on the quality of such gifts... Kidding about that last one. :p

Character Death
    Characters who fall to -10 WP will be permanently removed from the game. We want to encourage the fact that the tougher players have to learn to take care of the weaker characters, and all players should give a lot of thought to rash actions that might turn out for the worst (like for example, charging at an enemy army ahead of their group). Some battles

6. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    It goes without saying that we wish you guys have great fun in these campaings and take a small vacation from your current lives and become someone else for the moment. We have played various RPG's together and we know that you guys are probably some of the best out there, so we want you to expect the best.

Careful planning and considerations are being poured into this RPG so we can take it onto the next level. Also the Mixture of some elements from the fantasy realm will infact give you a different taste from the Star Wars Galaxy.

The best of luck to all of you, we will have memorable RPG moments in this campaing!

See you at the battlefields!

7. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    A memorable experience it will be indeed, worthy of recognition in the RPG archives...

Ok, it's time to set a date for the character creation session. This should be happening next week, preferably Friday or Saturday night, and the process will take approx. 3-4 hours. Not everyone has to be present at the same time, we can schedule some time slots and such (more on this later).

I'd like to hear from all the players when the preferred date and time is so it can be arranged. So please let us know ASAP, thanks!

8. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Fridays after 8:30 PM (maybe earlier), Saturday after 1:00 PM. Sunday almost anytime.

9. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Anytime fridays
    saturdays and sundays after 8:30pm

10. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Friday after 9:00. Next week I'm planning to go to CR since there is a festival in Lares we want to go, so maybe Sunday after 8:00 pm.

11. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Debido a mi asqueros schedule en Derecho necesito que las sesiones siempre sean los fines de semana, preferiblemente después de las 8:30pm.

Ahora más que nunca necesito escaparme...

12. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Since Tumbark usually has other plans Sunday nights, I think this Friday is the best option. So start reserving the night. I'll talk to the other players and post a decision here once its settled.

13. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I dunno if I can make it Friday. Looking at the workload of the paper, I'll get out from 9 to 10 pm on this Friday.

14. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Should not be a problem, creating the char should only take about an hour, and I already have a scheduling idea in mind, of which I will post the details once Tumbark and I settle the details. Stay tuned.

15. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Just to be sure, are we talking about this Friday, right?

16. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    We don't need to be all in at the same time, right? We can meet with one of you guys at some point and make the char, can't we?

17. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    all day friday is good to me. in case it has to be on saturday, anything after 7:00pm will do fine!

i can't wait to give birth to my new character! i'm so f*ing pumped!

18. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    I was not able to discuss the schedule last night with Tumbark, but I will post it here so you can have an idea:

Character Creation Session Tentative Schedule
    Friday August 19th
      08 pm - 09 pm => Roman - Digital
      09 pm - 10 pm => Luis - Gerardo
      10 pm - 11 pm => Pedro - Ricardo
    Since there will be 2 GMs, we can work on two chars at a time. Keep in mind that this schedule is tentative. Do you guys prefer to start at :30 instead of at the hour? So far it will take place at my house, but there is a slight chance we might need to move it somewhere else. Will let you guys know with time. It's ok if you arrive before your scheduled time. If the session takes place at my house, those waiting in the "queue" can do so in the game room where you can keep yourself busy with some video games in the meantime. Be aware that if you arrive late, you will have less time to create your character. If somebody misses his time slot completely we can stay an extra hour (11-12pm) to finish whatever else needs to be finished. If for whatever reason you miss the night completely, we can always meet some other day, but this is not recommended (some penalties might be involved). The idea is for everyone to have their characters done by the end of Friday night.

Let us know about any other questions you might have, and see you all on Friday.

19. Roman

May 30, 2002
    I?m not sure I can be at 8:00 PM. 8:30 PM is better for me.

20. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    No problem, we can start 30 minutes later. Is that alright with everyone else?

21. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    Um dude I can't make it on friday, I just got online today to check whats going on. Tengo un compromiso desde la semana pasada!

22. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Can you make it on Sunday then? We'd need to start earlier, though, maybe 6 or 7 pm...

23. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    No can do Bossman, I have the meetings at 8:00PM and during the day tengo otro compromiso.

24. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Can we move it to NEXT Fri or Sat then?

What happens if a GM misses a session? Do we all get a lvl up?

;)

25. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Next weekend is my b-day and I will be busy with a lot of things. I'm not really happy with delaying the RPG another week or two, though, so I will keep you updated on what we'll do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.