main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The land of the free, and the home of the CHIEFS!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by solojones, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Honest to God I was watching San Fran kick that field goal at work and I thought of sj and how delirious she must be right then. :p

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Glad to have made an impression ;) I assure you, I was at least as delirious as you imagined. The whole city is. It's the front page story of the Kansas City Star and was the top news story on all the stations. Happy New Year indeed :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    You'd probably make my jumping/screaming fest when the Cardinals won the World Series pale by comparison if your Chiefs actually go all the way. I lost all dignity at that moment and I did not care. :p

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I'm not disappointed. I had no expectation of winning. I appreciated the learning experience, and the chance to gauge who needs to stay and who needs to go. Our young defense played really well, and that made me very happy. And I hope this convinced management our O-Line is the top priority in the top season... as in, we need a new one. Um we at least need some tackles, since we've been alternating 2nd and 3rd string guys all year and it's killed us.

And I'm proud of Trent Green. Really, I feel better after this game about his ability to play well next season than before it. People will be simpletons and look at some of the stats and forget that his 2 interceptions were just him trying to do something when we had no hope left, and nothing could hurt us at that point because we'd basically lost. But he played heads-up. He was calm. He played to win when others on the offense definitely weren't. I really feel that with a more stable O-Line and the chance to have a normal season next year, he could do well. He definitely still has the ability.
    In general, like I said, I never expected to win, it was just a nice surprise to be there. And it sure was a lot of fun to pick off Peyton three times and get in his head :D Best of luck to Baltimore in doing that and being able to capitalize off of it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.